The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
47 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

You can certainly go there. AC wanted it to remain open just for that reason.  We used to get a lot of non-poets visiting Live Poets before they made it into a club .. now it's not visited so much, likely for the same reasons you dont want to go there.

He wanted it open so people could explore and look if they felt like it .. not locking us into some closet away from every one.

@BHopper2 I’m not a poet - obviously - but I do like to go there once in a while to read and check out other things/ideas have been posted. It’s an interesting trek, so you should certainly stop by and explore it for yourself. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Site Moderator
1 minute ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Ugh. Everything's so noisy. Puppy's running round the living room all anxious cause my flatmate is tidying in the kitchen and in her room and puppy isn't allowed in. She has separation anxiety. And her toys are noisy. And flatmate is listening to music. I never realised how much I enjoy silence until I couldn't have it anymore. I mean, can't she ever just read or something?

I like silence, a lot, so I know what your saying Thorn. Poor Puppy...

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

You can certainly go there. AC wanted it to remain open just for that reason.  We used to get a lot of non-poets visiting Live Poets before they made it into a club .. now it's not visited so much, likely for the same reasons you dont want to go there.

He wanted it open so people could explore and look if they felt like it .. not locking us into some closet away from every one.

1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

@BHopper2 I’m not a poet - obviously - but I do like to go there once in a while to read and check out other things/ideas have been posted. It’s an interesting trek, so you should certainly stop by and explore it for yourself. 

When it was a forum space I would check it out more often, and some of my shitty poetry is on a couple of prompt responses. Then just stopped going, unless someone pointed out something. When it became the club, just more avoidance and rarely go even when someone points out a link.

• Sad 4
1 hour ago, BHopper2 said:

When it was a forum space I would check it out more often, and some of my shitty poetry is on a couple of prompt responses. Then just stopped going, unless someone pointed out something. When it became the club, just more avoidance and rarely go even when someone points out a link.

i go often, just to see who is posting what. and of course @AC Benus posts all kinds of interesting things there

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Evening all.  Long day and tomorrow will be longer. Need to load horses @ 4 am to have them to a show on time.

19 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Yeah, we have an LG tv, and stereo thing .. and we looked at stoves today and our fav was an LG ..LOL

Gas stove or electric?  If electric get a sealed flat glass top.  Soooooo easy to keep clean!

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Kitt said:

Evening all.  Long day and tomorrow will be longer. Need to load horses @ 4 am to have them to a show on time.

Gas stove or electric?  If electric get a sealed flat glass top.  Soooooo easy to keep clean!

electric, our current one is glass topped.  you cannot have gas stoves in apartments here.

• Like 4
Just now, Thorn Wilde said:

Induction stoves are all the rage here now. My ex's parents had one that could boil a litre of water in nine seconds.

yeah .. our apartment provides a stove but they aren't very well insulated or self-cleaning so Michael had one, when i arrived on the scene.  We're thinking it maybe time to get a new one

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

That's what I have in my house. At higher elevation, it's great for speeding up the boiling time.

oh that's right, cooking and baking times are different. as well as other things i think...

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Thorn Wilde said:

I have a cat. I never wanted a dog. Sigh... Can't afford to live by myself, though.

Ugh.  Dogs are just too much work.  I don't have time to walk it and pick up it's crap and keep it from destroying everything in its path.

Plus,  I work a lot and when I am home, I just wanna sit back and relax with my two little demons if they're not upstairs plotting world domination (because that's all cats do when they're just sitting there, staring at nothing.)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Jdonley75 said:

Ugh.  Dogs are just too much work.  I don't have time to walk it and pick up it's crap and keep it from destroying everything in its path.

Plus,  I work a lot and when I am home, I just wanna sit back and relax with my two little demons if they're not upstairs plotting world domination (because that's all cats do when they're just sitting there, staring at nothing.)

My dog never destroyed a thing. They are a lot of work, but i never minded the effort. He meant a lot to me.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

My dog never destroyed a thing. They are a lot of work, but i never minded the effort. He meant a lot to me.

I know I'd be lost without Thistle. He's been my reason to get out of bed on many a morning when the pain has been bad. And watching him with his gifts on Christmas was like watching a little kid.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Jdonley75 said:

they can be a lot of work in the beginning, but if you put in the time to raise them right, train them up then they are great companions

as one of mine lays down with his chin on my leg

as for cleaning up after them, it's easier to use a pooper scooper than clean a litter box i think

4 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

lol! when we adopted Rubin, he chewed on so many things!  but he's part lab and that's how they are

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, mollyhousemouse said:

lol! when we adopted Rubin, he chewed on so many things!  but he's part lab and that's how they are

Thistle has only ever chewed two things he shouldn't have. The ear piece on my old pair of glasses (I sanded down the rough edges and wore them, he hadn't damaged the lenses) and one of an old pair of slippers that then became his.

• Haha 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..