The Drop in Centre

Just now, Reader1810 said:

I’m doing good. Just had a piece of blueberry cream pie as the last treat of the season - back to eating sensibly tomorrow. 

blueberry cream  pie ..

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
Just now, BHopper2 said:

Have you ever had a story idea, that hit you so powerfully, that you just had to write it? That's been my night since dinner.

Personally, I have not. I have, however, discovered and read stories that brought out a feeling akin to that. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, BHopper2 said:

Have you ever had a story idea, that hit you so powerfully, that you just had to write it? That's been my night since dinner.

All the time. Every time I've written a short story, almost. They just turn up, bang! And won't let me quit until I've got the first draft penned out. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

nope ... but go for it

• Like 3

Here are the first three lines. Almost a thousand words so far.

“Hello, my name is Eric.”

“Hello, Eric.”

“This is my third meeting… the first I’ve talked… my psychologist recommended I come… and… I have never been happy.”

It's pretty grimdark, so far.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Right now ...i am working on a poem.  But i think i'll write something that's been on my mind.. for My Life In Pieces.

The heart is for you're writing. I agree with Mac. And will have a box of tissues on standby.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

I just got a PM from someone who borrowed one of my poems a while back to share with her class. She said several students felt it had been written for them and were very moved by it. Very cool to hear.

That is wonderful, Sir!!

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

I just got a PM from someone who borrowed one of my poems a while back to share with her class. She said several students felt it had been written for them and were very moved by it. Very cool to hear.

That's awesome Mac. Which poem?

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
7 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

This made me smile. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..