The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
9 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

wind supposed to be around until tomorrow afternoon... last time i checked

this is what the weather network is posting at the moment. Hopefully, they are right about the timimg and it will be very early morning. 

Higher wind gusts of 120 km/h are possible along the shores of the Great Lakes.
The damaging winds will continue tonight, then will gradually start to diminish early Monday morning
Power outages, damage to trees and structures are being reported across the regions.

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator

Okay, was this guy drunk or egged on by his idiot friends (not that anyone else is mentioned, mind you. 

btw, this happened today in Toronto. 

https://www.cp24.com/news/man-accused-of-climbing-to-top-of-structure-outside-scotiabank-arena-charged-1.4310961

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Wow 3
7 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Okay, was this guy drunk or egged on by his idiot friends (not that anyone else is mentioned, mind you. 

https://www.cp24.com/news/man-accused-of-climbing-to-top-of-structure-outside-scotiabank-arena-charged-1.4310961

guy must be nuts...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

idiots

2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

guy must be nuts...

or this

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
4 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Michael is listening to flat earthers again ... trying to prove there is no gravity. They do this by sticking a basketball on a drill and then dipping it in water and then turning the drill on.  Because the water flies off, there is no gravity and so proves the earth is flat. 

i can barely type this.. lol .. omg

:blink: There are some really stupid people out there....

My brain tried to comprehend the science/logic/whatever behind that theory, and well, I am flummoxed to put it mildly.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

:blink: There are some really stupid people out there....

My brain tried to comprehend the science/logic/whatever behind that theory, and well, I am flummoxed to put it mildly.

Oh He finds these shows online .. and these people are morons. 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
2 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

Phil just came out to the living room and told me it was time for me to get to bed too

it was nice seeing everyone here today, Sirs and friends

see you tomorrow

Good night molly... happy dreams 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

i'm gonna say good night now.... Reader i hope you can sleep through this noise..  see you all tomorrow.

Good night tim... sweet dreamz tonight and always xoxo 

As for being disturbed by the wind, I hope not. Hope the same for you and Mike.

It’s times like these I’m glad I don’t live on a higher floor. A friend of mine had a unit on the 17th floor and wind noise at that level was really bad. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Michael is listening to flat earthers again ... trying to prove there is no gravity. They do this by sticking a basketball on a drill and then dipping it in water and then turning the drill on.  Because the water flies off, there is no gravity and so proves the earth is flat. 

i can barely type this.. lol .. omg

The stupid, it burns... I can think of three different things to disprove that experiment, but they're flat earthers. You can't reason with them. Let's hope they don't breed.

you-out-of-the-gene-pool-now-made-on-193

• Haha 5
34 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

Phil just came out to the living room and told me it was time for me to get to bed too

it was nice seeing everyone here today, Sirs and friends

see you tomorrow

Sleep Well, miss molly.

• Like 4

impetus Audio pronunciation

noun | IM-puh-tus  

Definition

:
a driving force : impulse

:

:
stimulation or encouragement resulting in increased activity

:
the property possessed by a moving body in virtue of its mass and its motion — used of bodies moving suddenly or violently to indicate the origin and intensity of the motion

You already have plenty of incentive to learn the origin of impetus, so we won't force the point. Impetus comes from Latin, where it means "attack or assault"; the verb impetere was formed by combining the prefix in- with petere, meaning "to go to or seek." Petere also gives us other words suggesting a forceful urging or momentum, such as appetite, perpetual, and centripetal. Impetus describes the kind of force that encourages an action ("the impetus behind the project") or the momentum of an action already begun ("the meetings only gave impetus to the rumors of a merger").

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Why your cat is not a psychopath.

Awesome article, thanks for sharing Bro.

I can't remember where I read it, no I think it was from a documentary called Tiger of the Tiles, can't remember now. However, it said that Cats domesticated themselves. Humans didn't specifically go out and do it, it just happened.

Now, Coffee.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..