The Drop in Centre

4 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

yes, it is mega fun!  if i wasnt here talking to you guys.. i'd be rubbing my hands together and staring out the window for hours...

Well, we're here to talk to. :) (I've got D&D later, but I'll be back after that...)

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Traitorous Mind

What to do with a broken mind?
How do you get through a day?
People look and see nothing wrong with you
Yep, just faking it I say
Take a nap, and you’ll feel better
Pop a pill, write a book
Stop whining, won’t you please?

In the mirror I dare not look.

For in there I see what you do not
the melting face and screaming fear
I hide my pounding heart
and I gasp for missing air
Mirror reflects the monster; me
Just wait for the magic to work.

Beautiful, tim. And all too familiar. :hug: 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

The misperceptions of others matter not, boy. Those who love you, understand. 

i dont understand, Sir   i hate this about myself.. i hate my own weakness

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
Just now, Thorn Wilde said:

It's not weakness, dude. I know I'm repeating myself, but... You're one of the strongest people I know.

i cant get out of this damned chair to get a bowl of cereal.. wtf is that? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
6 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i cant get out of this damned chair to get a bowl of cereal.. wtf is that? 

Well... When I get like that, I like to think of it as a battle against my brain. That's not the same as weakness, because if you weren't fighting you wouldn't feel that way at all. 

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

impetus Audio pronunciation

noun | IM-puh-tus  

Definition

:
a driving force : impulse

:

:
stimulation or encouragement resulting in increased activity

:
the property possessed by a moving body in virtue of its mass and its motion — used of bodies moving suddenly or violently to indicate the origin and intensity of the motion

You already have plenty of incentive to learn the origin of impetus, so we won't force the point. Impetus comes from Latin, where it means "attack or assault"; the verb impetere was formed by combining the prefix in- with petere, meaning "to go to or seek." Petere also gives us other words suggesting a forceful urging or momentum, such as appetite, perpetual, and centripetal. Impetus describes the kind of force that encourages an action ("the impetus behind the project") or the momentum of an action already begun ("the meetings only gave impetus to the rumors of a merger").

I don't have any impetus to go outside today, as we are having yet another late winter storm.  Instead, I am going to sequester myself inside the house. :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
Just now, Backwoods Boy said:

I don't have any impetus to go outside today, as we are having yet another late winter storm.  Instead, I am going to sequester myself inside the house. :) 

Excellent application of these words in a sentence. :P 

Other than that, how are things? :) 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

understandable, that would be very annoying. What drives me nuts are people’s car alarms. They go off ar a little place across the street, so it’s not as if they don’t know it’s happening, and yet, the alarm just blares on and on....

1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

oh god i hate them.  people with them should be forced to wear some electrical notification.. and be given a nice Zap everytime the damn alarm goes off

1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

Yes! And some of the cars they end up on - totally pretentious owners, no doubt. 

A few years back, the neighbor kid had a ten-dollar car with a five-thousand-dollar stereo system protected by a car alarm that went off every time a mouse farted, which was usually in the middle of the night.  And in the end, the alarms have little value, mostly because no one pays attention to them or because the perp circumvents them.  I truly believe that if a cost/benefit analysis were to be done on car alarms, including human misery in the "cost" factor, car alarms would be the most worthless thing every invented.  Next to garbage disposals.  I better stop.  I haven't had breakfast yet.  :angry:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
13 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Excellent application of these words in a sentence. :P 

Other than that, how are things? :) 

Quite marvelous, thank you Thorn.  I have lots of reading and domestic things to do, and the temps are above freezing (barely) so I may not have to shovel today :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Traitorous Mind

What to do with a broken mind?
People look and see nothing wrong with you
Yep, just faking it I say
Take a nap, and you’ll feel better
Pop a pill, write a book
Stop whining, won’t you please?

In the mirror I dare not look.

For in there I see what you do not
the melting face and screaming fear
I hide my pounding heart
and I gasp for missing air
Mirror reflects the monster; me
Just wait for the magic to work.

:hug:That hits very close to home.

Remember Bro, we all love ya.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..