The Drop in Centre

12 hours ago, Kitt said:

Its #@$%!  Snowing

At least it makes it easier to stay in

we had storms in the state yesterday, but at least here at the house we only had rain -- other parts of state had large tornadoes (resulting in at least two deaths; their might be a third) and baseball sized hail

more rain tomorrow

• Like 5

Do your bit ... smile, wave, tip your delivery guy a little more, donate to Food Share or your local food bank if you can (people are starving even here). Be nice to others, there is no reason to rip the phone/chat rep a new one because you're grumpy.  We are not better than each other.

• Love 4

Well, good morning and hi and hello 👋 everyone. Hope your day goes smoothly. 🙂

On 4/22/2020 at 5:27 PM, Mikiesboy said:

Hope you are all doing well.. @Defiance19 asked me to pass on her greetings.. she couldn't get in here. I have sent her an invitation.

Thank you, tim. Still took me a minute.. lol. But it will be nice to pop in to say hi! 

On 4/22/2020 at 6:08 PM, Kitt said:

I was wondering why she hadn't Dropped In. I had seen her active on other areas of the site. She didn't answer my p.m. though.

Triple checked. Never got it Kitt.. sorry :( 

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, Defiance19 said:

Thank you, tim. Still took me a minute.. lol. But it will be nice to pop in to say hi! 

Good morning, Def ... xox

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
49 minutes ago, Defiance19 said:

Good morning Def  *waves*

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Do your bit ... smile, wave, tip your delivery guy a little more, donate to Food Share or your local food bank if you can (people are starving even here). Be nice to others, there is no reason to rip the phone/chat rep a new one because you're grumpy.  We are not better than each other.

i have a customer who is grumpy because our inspector can't travel to his place. we could have done this in November but customer chose to wait. Now he's angry that production will be delayed. i'm like really? this is not on us..... Sigh..... only a half day today.....

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
7 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

i have a customer who is grumpy because our inspector can't travel to his place. we could have done this in November but customer chose to wait. Now he's angry that production will be delayed. i'm like really? this is not on us..... Sigh..... only a half day today.....

oh well ... he who hesitates etc... just laugh at him.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

I just said this.

"... There's a nice quality to warm wood in the hand."

Only after did I realize how that could be taken. I need more coffee.

Good morning, everyone!

I'm laughing over here. But curious to know what was the warm wood? Sun on a deck, or hot mug on a coaster?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

I just said this.

Good morning, everyone!

Sounds like the perfect sentence for your next Silverwolf story.

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, Brayon said:

I'm laughing over here. But curious to know what was the warm wood? Sun on a deck, or hot mug on a coaster?

It was a little wooden mug Kevin is seasoning with water and coffee grounds. He's creating a new little mug for his morning coffee, and I was holding it, admiring how the warmth affected the wood vs ceramic.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

It was a little wooden mug Kevin is seasoning with water and coffee grounds. He's creating a new little mug for his morning coffee, and I was holding it, admiring how the warmth affected the wood vs ceramic.

I never thought about wooden coffee mugs before, but now, I'm wondering about them. You got me curious now.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator
14 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

I just said this.

Good morning, everyone!

Good morning, and thanks for the giggle (endorphins are good for you as you know). :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator
18 minutes ago, Brayon said:

I never thought about wooden coffee mugs before, but now, I'm wondering about them. You got me curious now.

I was curious too, so I googled them. There’s quite a variety out there.

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, Defiance19 said:

Well, this day is a wrap. I was only just saying that we have no way of checking on the kids progress, and bam. Another web based program (which was apparently available all along) went up. So 3 or so hours later figuring it out, I’m done and glad we have it. 

Hope everyone had a good end to the day. 

Good to see you. I hope you're well. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

It cuts off quickly, but I just have to show you this video of two dog pals kept apart for a month by the coronavirus lockdown. Dogs do feel...

Yes, they do feel.

We miss our friend's dog ... and if we do happen to be out when they are, we can't pet him.  It's sad. Yes, i know the reasons why, but it doesn't make it any less sad.

• Love 3
  • Site Moderator
7 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Yes, they do feel.

We miss our friend's dog ... and if we do happen to be out when they are, we can't pet him.  It's sad. Yes, i know the reasons why, but it doesn't make it any less sad.

It is sad, I’ve crossed paths with dogs during my walks, and it’s evident a lot of them are thinking as they strain at their leash “but mom/dad I just wanna say hi” A woman commented she sees this in her dog. Poor doggies, just don’t understand. 

When I was a teen and helping my friend babysit (it was summer, so the front door was open, but the screen door was closed) and wouldn’t you know it, there was a bark at the door. It was the neighbour’s dog looking for his pal to come out and play. That was almost 40 years ago, and I can still see that dog at the door. So yes, dogs do have friends. 

Edit: As for Brutus? I predict an exuberant reunion when the time finally arrives. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..