The Drop in Centre

1 hour ago, Fae Briona said:

today has been a Monday   <sigh>

That's the nice thing about working Sunday to Thursday.. Monday is Tuesday  :D 

• Haha 4
  • Site Moderator
9 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Yeah, i have. Last evening was not the best.. and i feel wrung out today. But it just a short term thing and i should be back to normal tomorrow i think.  i hope you are feeling okay, Reader. Bit gray today and i may need a nap soon.

It is a bit gray, but I can hear the birds chirping, so it can’t be too bad out there. Aside from my right knee aching (thank goodness I’ve got fresh supplies of Voltaren and Motrin) I’m doing okay.

I am glad you perceive a quick end to what is brining you down today. :) 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

i'm sorry to hear that Fae
i hope a nice evening will ease the stress of the day

SP made sure I had a nice evening last night. :heart:

Today is going to be an "active weather day" -- winds 80mph+, possible baseball sized hail (or a bit larger), and 'quick spin up' tornadoes (they're brief and don't last long but are hard to detect and pinpoint before they're gone).

• Like 4
  • Wow 1
  • Site Moderator
Just now, Fae Briona said:

SP made sure I had a nice evening last night. :heart:

Today is going to be an "active weather day" -- winds 80mph+, possible baseball sized hail (or a bit larger), and 'quick spin up' tornadoes (they're brief and don't last long but are hard to detect and pinpoint before they're gone).

Baseball sized hail? Wow...

Hope that misses you, Fae. 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

It is a bit gray, but I can hear the birds chirping, so it can’t be too bad out there. Aside from my right knee aching (thank goodness I’ve got fresh supplies of Voltaren and Motrin) I’m doing okay.

I am glad you perceive a quick end to what is brining you down today. :) 

I've tried Voltaren but it doesn't do much for my knee pain -- it does, however, work wonders when the neuropathy in my foot acts up.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Baseball sized hail? Wow...

Hope that misses you, Fae. 

The good news with hail that size is the larger the size of the hail (generally speaking), the smaller the area it covers. Of course, that doesn't do you any good if you're caught out in it. Terminal velocity for hail that size is 80-110mph.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Yeah, i have. Last evening was not the best.. and i feel wrung out today. But it just a short term thing and i should be back to normal tomorrow i think.  i hope you are feeling okay, Reader. Bit gray today and i may need a nap soon.

good for you :hug::kiss:

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

The good news with hail that size is the larger the size of the hail (generally speaking), the smaller the area it covers. Of course, that doesn't do you any good if you're caught out in it. Terminal velocity for hail that size is 80-110mph.

No thanks. Having been hit by a fast ball once was quite enough!

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Is it my imagination or have telemarketing calls increased since the stay at home orders?

They've decreased for us. But it's usually the same ones calling for "Green Energy" home improvement, and my non-existent car's warranty has expired, and they want me to get an extended warranty.

• Like 1

Nice way to pass some of the day:

The Gorillas are streamed from 10|:30am to 4:30pm ET ... lunch is at noon.  Sorry for the late posting .. but there is always tomorrow... and there is a baby!!

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Kitt said:

No thanks. Having been hit by a fast ball once was quite enough!

Storms just starting to move in. At the moment they're "lime sized" hail w. about 60+ mph winds; tennis ball sized hail not too far away. Largest hail will pass (thankfully) to the N of here and to the SW of here -- great for me but not so great for them. Going to be a very, um, interesting next half-hour.  Not good when they talk about a "very unstable atmosphere".

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
6 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC

just wanted to stop in and say hello. i hope your day has good. waiting on casserole to finish cooking. So take care of yourself.

So how are things with you?

Hi rick *waves* 

I had a pork chop and broccoli for dinner, which was very good. I love the idea of a casserole, though. Feels like comfort food. Enjoy it when it’s ready. :) 

Things are finally looking up because I’ve managed to silence my knee pain with the help of a heating pad. I hope this will last,.. *fingers crossed*

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

Hi rick *waves* 

I had a pork chop and broccoli for dinner, which was very good. I love the idea of a casserole, though. Feels like comfort food. Enjoy it when it’s ready. :) 

Things are finally looking up because I’ve managed to silence my knee pain with the help of a heating pad. I hope this will last,.. *fingers crossed*

waves back - your supper sounds good - the casserole was good it sounds weird but good it was a mix of noodles, cream of mushroom soup , cut up chicken and shredded cheese baked till done not to fancy but add salad and it was good. 
i have helped mine with ice and it helps for a while. i also have a friend that is using a nerve stimulator on his leg that is supposed to stop all pain. So good luck on the knee

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

waves back - your supper sounds good - the casserole was good it sounds weird but good it was a mix of noodles, cream of mushroom soup , cut up chicken and shredded cheese baked till done not to fancy but add salad and it was good. 
i have helped mine with ice and it helps for a while. i also have a friend that is using a nerve stimulator on his leg that is supposed to stop all pain. So good luck on the knee

sounds good

Hope the knee gets better @Reader1810! Hips have been bothering me all day w. the front that was moving in / through. Thankfully we're done w the storms here and things should be fine by morning.

Supper for me was a Swedish Meat Pie [no clue what makes it Swedish]:  hamburger, shredded potatoes, some spices, and cheddar cheese, wrapped in a puff pastry.  Basic peasant food.  Pretty much every culture has some version of a savory hand pie. You could wrap it up in something, stuff it in your pocket, and take it out into the fields / down into the mines with you.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Nice way to pass some of the day:

The Gorillas are streamed from 10|:30am to 4:30pm ET ... lunch is at noon.  Sorry for the late posting .. but there is always tomorrow... and there is a baby!!

The Cincinnati zoo is streaming an animal a day at 3pm on Facebook live.  They've done about 20 so far.  

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
10 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

The Cincinnati zoo is streaming an animal a day at 3pm on Facebook live.  They've done about 20 so far.  

I’ve seen this for other zoos from all over the world as well. It’s nice you get to see things you normally wouldn’t.

Somewhat in this vein, Canada’s Wonderland is streaming what riding is like in the front cars of their rollercoasters. I saw it in a news article for something kids can do now, but I don’t think it’s new. 

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..