The Drop in Centre

23 minutes ago, Brayon said:

One of the residents at my Mom's facility has tested positive for the virus. They went for a procedure at the hospital, came back, and tested positive. So, if you're the praying type, I would welcome it.

Me too.. not a prayer but you have all my best wishes and hopes. Love to you both xoxxo

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Brayon said:

One of the residents at my Mom's facility has tested positive for the virus. They went for a procedure at the hospital, came back, and tested positive. So, if you're the praying type, I would welcome it.

A . Sending Lots of good thoughts to you and your Mom. Take care of yourself. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Brayon said:

Sorry to here this A. Sending loads of love and hugs to you and your Mum. I hope that everything turns out okay for the both of you :hug:

• Like 1
  • Love 4
Just now, Fae Briona said:

WIll add my well wishes to those from others @Brayon.  Still worried about my 98 yr old father where he is, even though they've taken several mitigation steps. I'd be really freaked if someone in the bldg had tested positive.

Indeed. My parents are sheltering at home yet, I worry though there's less of a reason to.  I hope your father stays safe through this, Fae. 

• Love 5

Thank you, everyone. From what Mom said, when she called about this, the person was put into isolation immediately upon learning they were positive. They are in a different wing of the building, and my Mom has been taking care to follow all safety precautions. Just hearing about what's happened at other places and scared shitless about it all.

@Fae Briona I'll be praying for your dad, as well for your parents @MichaelS36.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Brayon said:

Thank you, everyone. From what Mom said, when she called about this, the person was put into isolation immediately upon learning they were positive. They are in a different wing of the building, and my Mom has been taking care to follow all safety precautions. Just hearing about what's happened at other places and scared shitless about it all.

@Fae Briona I'll be praying for your dad, as well for your parents @MichaelS36.

Well that's good news, but I understand your concern.  Hang in there. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

Going to be unseasonably hot today through Monday (10 - 15F above normal).  Took today off so I can start on some yard work. The area near the back yard gate is a mud pit so we need to re-level the ground, put down some landscaping fabric, then spread out some pea-gravel -- and put in some edging to keep that in place.

Phil and the boys went outside early to take care of some landscape issues before it to too hot. it went well, hope yours did as well Fae

Edited by mollyhousemouse
  • Like 4
9 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Morning rick ... i'm wishing whatever i have would go away ... coughing now... i hope it goes away soon.

oh sweetheart, i'm sorry to hear you're under the weather

9 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

If I could, I’d make this for you. :hug: Hope you feel better soon, tim

ultimate-chicken-noodle-soup-cl-0318-151

oh Reader! that looks delicious

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Brayon said:

good thoughts and best wishes to the resident who has it, to your mom, and all the caregivers
:hug:

• Like 1
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

Phil and the boys went outside early to take care of some landscape issues before it to too hot. it went well, hope yours did as well Fae

Managed to get the task taken care of -- which is good, as it's only going to get hotter the next couple of days.

• Like 3

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/51013/baked-oatmeal-ii/

Giving this one a try today. The loaf pan I put it in was just barely big enough. I find the baked oatmeal has a texture I like better in a deeper pan (it's more moist), so I never follow the recommended baking dish size. I'm a rebel like that. It means I'll probably have to bake an hour vs 40 minutes, but eh.

It already smells good. 😄

• Haha 4
2 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/51013/baked-oatmeal-ii/

Giving this one a try today. The loaf pan I put it in was just barely big enough. I find the baked oatmeal has a texture I like better in a deeper pan (it's more moist), so I never follow the recommended baking dish size. I'm a rebel like that. It means I'll probably have to bake an hour vs 40 minutes, but eh.

It already smells good. 😄

i always use a 9x13 pan.. but add more milk and eggs.. cuz we like ours custardy.

• Love 4

Just spoke with Mom, and no new cases overnight. However, how her friend, Lily, caught it is now 100% known. Seems before she had to go to the hospital for her essential procedure, don't know what it was, a Contract-Agency Nurse took care of her and was only at Mom's facility for a day or two. That contractor went on to two other facilities, and he has since tested positive for Covid-19, and patients he was in contact with have tested positive in the other facilities as well. So, it was a nurse that spread it. They have the National Guard going in to all three places to do cleaning and such, which is what FL has been doing since this started.

Must admit, I'm still worried about it, but I'm doing my best to stay in a good mood.

On the subject of food: One of the cousins got Starbucks the other day, and got me a slice of their Pumpkin Bread. I'm now trying to find a recipe for it, because that was damn good! Been wanting to do some baking something fierce the past few days.

• Like 4
35 minutes ago, Brayon said:

Just spoke with Mom, and no new cases overnight. However, how her friend, Lily, caught it is now 100% known. Seems before she had to go to the hospital for her essential procedure, don't know what it was, a Contract-Agency Nurse took care of her and was only at Mom's facility for a day or two. That contractor went on to two other facilities, and he has since tested positive for Covid-19, and patients he was in contact with have tested positive in the other facilities as well. So, it was a nurse that spread it. They have the National Guard going in to all three places to do cleaning and such, which is what FL has been doing since this started.

Must admit, I'm still worried about it, but I'm doing my best to stay in a good mood.

On the subject of food: One of the cousins got Starbucks the other day, and got me a slice of their Pumpkin Bread. I'm now trying to find a recipe for it, because that was damn good! Been wanting to do some baking something fierce the past few days.

Glad they found the cause. That was the reason for lots of deaths here. Other than one home where they've had zero cases/deaths. Because the director said you can work at one place only. They hired another housekeeper and staff had PPE.  Hope your mom stays safe and healthy.  I hope Lily gets through it.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, Brayon said:

glad to hear things are still ok for you and your Mom. i have heard that the spread in Nursing Homes have happen this way. 

Starbucks Pumpkin Bread

this is one we have used and it is close to it.

take care and enjoy it.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
57 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

Mmm. Yeah, these oats are good. 50 minute cook time worked.

Good to know, because I have all the ingredients on hand. I think I shall be baking tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..