The Drop in Centre

On 5/27/2020 at 9:25 PM, mollyhousemouse said:

hello rick
good to hear things are peaceful for you. turning things off is a good thing once in a while
things are mostly OK here 
take care, be well

molly thank you and i hope you have a good day

• Like 3
1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC

just wanted to stop in and tell everyone Good Morning. 

So how are things with you?

Have a good day and Stay Safe

It's been a long week, and I'm glad it's Friday.

• Like 4
On 5/28/2020 at 7:42 AM, Reader1810 said:

No, sadly not. 😔 

The dandelions were mowed away yesterday, so I think he’ll move on - there’s fields of them at houses down the street and around the neighbourhood - most dandelions I’ve seen in my entire life until now. 

Admittedly, though, I had considered putting out some carrots for him, but that might bring the raccoons back. 

carrots... :D   bunny food.  and raccoon food <- they cute but the devil too!!   Well, i hope mr. bunny gets a chance to have some.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
3 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

carrots... :D   bunny food.  and raccoon food <- they cute but the devil too!!   Well, i hope mr. bunny gets a chance to have some.

Raccoons are cute, but late last year when they got in a screaming match at 1 am they weren’t so cute. They were so loud and angry sounding, I wouldn’t have been surprised to see carcasses strewn all over the lawn come morning - this happened about 1 am. Thankfully, that wasn’t the case. 

• Wow 5
16 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Raccoons are cute, but late last year when they got in a screaming match at 1 am they weren’t so cute. They were so loud and angry sounding, I wouldn’t have been surprised to see carcasses strewn all over the lawn come morning - this happened about 1 am. Thankfully, that wasn’t the case. 

yeah they can be vicious. you dont wanna take them on. i've seen rabid ones and it's scary. that was years back though.

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

thank you rick

i just sat down at the kitchen table to boot up my computer for the day, turned & looked at Phil and said "i'm not sure i even want to go back to the office full time."

i don't want schlep back and forth to the office anymore.  we're having to do a lot of testing about what we can access from home and lots of privacy forms and stuff. i hope that's what it all means. something they had me do... sent up flares.. and i got a massive and instant message: 'you better not do that again, dickhead' from Security.  It was a test, so fine .. but yikes.

• Like 3
  • Wow 2

THEY WERE TOLD TO BE RESPONSIBLE LAST WEEKEND... OH DEAR:

image.jpeg.7faae400cdc882c4fb09423d0eb3bea9.jpeg

SO THIS IS WHAT THE CITY HAS DONE:

2020-05-29.png

SEEMS TO BE WORKING:

image.jpeg.8f7410df0df5cc755042939e4dd39ba1.jpeg

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

I guessed Trinity Bellwood’s Park and I was right - google searched the middle image to be sure. Sad, Dad people have to told the right way to do things as if they were children. 

Edit: Oops, missed the dang typo. :

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I guessed Trinity Bellwood’s Park and I was right - google searched the middle image to be sure. Dad, people have to told the right way to do things as if they were children. 

Doug Ford said.. if you were in that park, go get tested.

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
4 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Doug Ford said.. if you were in that park, go get tested.

There’s a park I like to walk to because it’s on the lake and has lots of seating areas along the shoreline. Lots of other people are of the same mind, but not once have I seen anyone not practicing social distancing. Granted, the population is a lot lower, but still...

• Like 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

There’s a park I like to walk to because it’s on the lake and has lots of seating areas along the shoreline. Lots of other people are of the same mind, but not once have I seen anyone not practicing social distancing. Granted, the population is a lot lower, but still...

I know right?  i said to Michael, if we'd been there and saw that, we 'd have turned around and gone elsewhere or home. Crazy. 

It's gotten very dark and windy here .. how's things out your way, @Reader1810 ?

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
9 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

I know right?  i said to Michael, if we'd been there and saw that, we 'd have turned around and gone elsewhere or home. Crazy. 

It's gotten very dark and windy here .. how's things out your way, @Reader1810 ?

It was cool and windy when I left for my walk. The sun came out and it got hot, so Im currently  vegging and cooling off with a tall glass of cold water. Looking out the window, I can see it’s getting darker and the wind is picking up. T-storms are in the forecast for the next couple of hours, and from the looks of things, we’re defo going toget one. I’m betting you will. too.

Did you see it was supposed to be colder - 50s/60s - this weekend? 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

It was cool and windy when I left for my walk. The sun came out and it got hot, so Im currently  vegging and cooling off with a tall glass of cold water. Looking out the window, I can see it’s getting darker and the wind is picking up. T-storms are in the forecast for the next couple of hours, and from the looks of things, we’re defo going toget one. I’m betting you will. too.

Did you see it was supposed to be colder - 50s/60s - this weekend? 

Yeah.. that will be nice. Where i sit to work was warm yesterday but as soon as i finished we shut off the air.. its off now. I'm glad we have it but i am happy when we can turn it off. I dont know how pple leave it all all the time and some people here do.

Tomorrow i will make homemade morning glory muffins. Michael really likes them and but the store bought ones are not great for Him. So it will be nice to bake tomorrow.

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
7 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Yeah.. that will be nice. Where i sit to work was warm yesterday but as soon as i finished we shut off the air.. its off now. I'm glad we have it but i am happy when we can turn it off. I dont know how pple leave it all all the time and some people here do.

Tomorrow i will make homemade morning glory muffins. Michael really likes them and but the store bought ones are not great for Him. So it will be nice to bake tomorrow.

Im not much for AC either. The last few years in Toronto, even with one end of my living room being nothing but windows, I found I didn’t need it that much. When it was really sunny, I just shut the blinds over the panels that didn’t open, and left the one exposed that did open. That seemed to be enough. Course, when you’re working, you need a comfortable environment to function properly, so AC definitely has its place.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

i don't want schlep back and forth to the office anymore.  we're having to do a lot of testing about what we can access from home and lots of privacy forms and stuff. i hope that's what it all means. something they had me do... sent up flares.. and i got a massive and instant message: 'you better not do that again, dickhead' from Security.  It was a test, so fine .. but yikes.

they told Phil today in their meeting that his department will be working from home until at least the end of August. the IT department, along with managers and supervisors, are now working on a way to get employees monitors and keyboards as all they were allowed to take with them were their laptops. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

image.jpeg.7faae400cdc882c4fb09423d0eb3bea9.jpeg

SO THIS IS WHAT THE CITY HAS DONE:

2020-05-29.png

SEEMS TO BE WORKING:

image.jpeg.8f7410df0df5cc755042939e4dd39ba1.jpeg

clever solution
the farmers market is not allowing you into the stalls, not even to choose vegetables, and there are chalk markings on the asphalt where you are to stand

1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

I guessed Trinity Bellwood’s Park and I was right - google searched the middle image to be sure. Sad, Dad people have to told the right way to do things as if they were children. 

Edit: Oops, missed the dang typo. :

that's what i was thinking!

• Like 3
41 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

clever solution
the farmers market is not allowing you into the stalls, not even to choose vegetables, and there are chalk markings on the asphalt where you are to stand

hi all we had a conversation about this today in Slack (group message chat) one of the techs ask us “with all the X ‘s  on the floor in stores what does that remind you of ? ... Will E Coyote and Road Runner Cartoon. Just waiting on the anvil to drop. 
wanted to give you a smile today.

things are storming here so waiting on the rain to stop. 
So how are things with you this afternoon?

• Haha 2

pat on the back for me
i had to call DirectTV and cancel our service tonight
i was prepared for their hard sell, "Oh, we have all these packages, let me see what I can do to get you to stay...." and he was loaded for bear! had all kinds of pricing schemes and packages
i stood firm, said "no thank you, we just don't watch that much TV anymore. But i appreciate that you had to try." the customer service guy laughed, and we got the contract cancelled.
hope everyone's having a good evening

• Love 2
  • Site Moderator
11 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

pat on the back for me
i had to call DirectTV and cancel our service tonight
i was prepared for their hard sell, "Oh, we have all these packages, let me see what I can do to get you to stay...." and he was loaded for bear! had all kinds of pricing schemes and packages
i stood firm, said "no thank you, we just don't watch that much TV anymore. But i appreciate that you had to try." the customer service guy laughed, and we got the contract cancelled.
hope everyone's having a good evening

That’s awesome, molly. Yep, my evening has been because the heat wave of the last few days has finally left town. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

That’s awesome, molly. Yep, my evening has been because the heat wave of the last few days has finally left town. 

thanks Reader
those hard sell tactics have a tendency to frustrate me, and i really didn't want that to happen this time
good to hear the heatwave broke 

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..