The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
Just now, Mikiesboy said:

Yeah we have AC.. yeah i'm hoping i dont need to go back for some time.  It's too soon for AC.. god

I hope so, too for your sake. Very true about May being too early for AC.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Yeah we have AC.. yeah i'm hoping i dont need to go back for some time.  It's too soon for AC.. god

Just think when you all are my age you can tell the ‘youngins’ back in 2020 we (fill in the blanks)  while they roll their eyes .... So how is everyone doing? Here in Ohio it was 90 a typical summer day for July not May. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
1 minute ago, rickproehl said:

Just think when you all are my age you can tell the ‘youngins’ back in 2020 we (fill in the blanks)  while they roll their eyes .... So how is everyone doing? Here in Ohio it was 90 a typical summer day for July not May. 

Have you seen those memes about the Golden Girls talking about "So there I was.... 2020 it was a pandemic" yet? They made me giggle. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator
10 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

It was about the same here.

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
8 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Have you seen those memes about the Golden Girls talking about "So there I was.... 2020 it was a pandemic" yet? They made me giggle. 

Oh, now I need to go look for them. Loved that show. 

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Something is majorly wrong when I was thinking about turning on the ac and that night pulled a huge quilt over me and turned the heat back on.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Something is majorly wrong when I was thinking about turning on the ac and that night pulled a huge quilt over me and turned the heat back on.

Yeah .. .sorting out the ceiling fan in the bedroom.  Sheets are not required the last few nights.

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Just learned something interesting from the man who delivered our groceries this morning. There are no Lysol wipes to be had - anywhere he said - so he bought Lysol spray instead. He said just use it with a rag and it will work just like the wipes - that’s a little easier easier on the hands if you ask me, so I think that’s a better way of doing it overall. 

Another thing we talked about was hand sanitizer which I had seen in the Organic section of the store.  said that’s good (tea tree oil based usually) but hand washing is truly the best method. Why you ask? His wife is a biologist so has learned knowledge when it comes to well, things biological. The virus has a fatty covering that is repelled by soap. We’ve all seen what happens when soap is added to a grease filled pan, and this is what happens when the virus comes into contact with soap. Not to say we actually have the virus on our hand (or face), but if we did...

Anyway, that’s my two cents for the day. 

Have a great one DiCers! 

Have a coworker who mentioned something similar -- all the disinfecting sprays were gone, but the gallon jugs of full-strength bleach were still there. Bleach + water + spray bottle = disinfecting spray; she didn't understand why people weren't doing that.

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
1 minute ago, Fae Briona said:

Have a coworker who mentioned something similar -- all the disinfecting sprays were gone, but the gallon jugs of full-strength bleach were still there. Bleach + water + spray bottle = disinfecting spray; she didn't understand why people weren't doing that.

Bleach is pretty strong (especially the smell) even if diluted, so I'm going to stick with soap and water where feasible.

• Like 3

had a very nice day off, watched my favorite WWII submarine movie, a couple of documentaries on the HMS Duncan and then some James Bond
did some more needlework as well, just recharged the batteries so i'm better able to deal with everything and take care of others
hope everyone had a good day, despite the abnormal heat in some areas

now it's time to get ready for bed, and back to work tomorrow
good night Sirs
good night friends
sleep well

• Like 2
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Bleach is pretty strong (especially the smell) even if diluted, so I'm going to stick with soap and water where feasible.

i like the smell of bleach ... i use it diluted to wipe things down around here.  But soap and water for hand washing, for sure.

• Like 3

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC

just wanted to stop in and tell everyone hello. the last couple of days have been peaceful other that work i turned everything off. 

So how are things with you?

Have a good day and Stay Safe

• Like 3
2 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC

just wanted to stop in and tell everyone hello. the last couple of days have been peaceful other that work i turned everything off. 

So how are things with you?

Have a good day and Stay Safe

hello rick
good to hear things are peaceful for you. turning things off is a good thing once in a while
things are mostly OK here 
take care, be well

• Like 3
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

The bunny was back this morning. That makes three sitings in less than a week. I think I know where he lives... :D 

Chunk type video on the horizon?

• Haha 3
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Chunk type video on the horizon?

No, sadly not. 😔 

The dandelions were mowed away yesterday, so I think he’ll move on - there’s fields of them at houses down the street and around the neighbourhood - most dandelions I’ve seen in my entire life until now. 

Admittedly, though, I had considered putting out some carrots for him, but that might bring the raccoons back. 

• Love 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..