i couldn't access it

I'll email it to you.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

the article is exclusive for subscribers Sir
i couldn't access it

Odd, since the Covid articles are not supposed to be behind a paywall..  Sorry about that, tim will send it.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC

just wanted to stop in and say good night.

good night, rick  have a good night.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I'm glad we have little planned today. Not feeling very well at the moment. Probably will go back to bed in a bit.

Upstairs' little girl, who screams (i'm not exaggerating, you can check with Michael) she screams from the moment she gets up until she goes to bed. Lord knows what goes on up there.  In any case, they get up between 1 and 2pm everyday and go to bed somewhere between 1am and 3am. Sounds like a good and healthy environment for kids. 

She was screaming and running around and woke me up about 2am .. Her mother was bellowing at her, I guess poor mommy was tired. She is a shit parent that one.

That said, they did finally shut up and got back to sleep sometime after 3am.

I got up at 7am. I did make some baked oatmeal, with pecans, raisins, cinnamon and chopped apple.  I am waiting for it to cool enough so i can eat some. Grrrr, i am hungry.

• Angry 5
4 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

@Mikiesboy blows my mid how inconsiderate they are hope you get some of that oatmeal soon & feel better :hug:

OMG this one is so good.   Amish Style Baked Oatmeal

We don't use real sugar, so i subbed in the brown sugar splenda equivlent but it's too sweet really .. so i'll cut it down next time. But it has great flavour. I love it.  Oh, since vanilla here, costs more than booze, this got a teaspoon of Wiser's Kentucky Bourbon. ... :D 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator

@Mikiesboy  it’s unbelievable apartment rules aren’t tougher on this kind of inconsiderate and outrageous behaviour. I’d say I hope it stops soon, but from what you’ve said about these people before that’s probably not on the cards. 

On a happier note, the oatmeal sounds delicious. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

@Mikiesboy  it’s unbelievable apartment rules aren’t tougher on this kind of inconsiderate and outrageous behaviour. I’d say I hope it stops soon, but from what you’ve said about these people before that’s probably not on the cards. 

On a happier note, the oatmeal sounds delicious. 

Nope.. they tell us that is normal family noise. Those people are anything but normal. Michael wrote a letter to send to Children's Aid, but is torn because of how things are.  He said he will rewrite it. Maybe they need some help up there and the CAS does that, help families who need it.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 5
  • Site Moderator
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

OMG this one is so good.   Amish Style Baked Oatmeal

We don't use real sugar, so i subbed in the brown sugar splenda equivlent but it's too sweet really .. so i'll cut it down next time. But it has great flavour. I love it.  Oh, since vanilla here, costs more than booze, this got a teaspoon of Wiser's Kentucky Bourbon. ... :D 

The recipes listed at the bottom look intriguing, though I’m not quite sure about ‘Boozy French Toast’. Doesn’t sound like breakfast food. Maybe a ‘breakfast for dinner’ option? 

• Haha 4
  • Site Moderator
1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

Nope.. they tell us that is normal family noise. Those people are anything but normal. Michael wrote a letter to send to Children's Aid, but is torn because of how things are.  He said he will rewrite it. Maybe they need some help up there and the CAS does that, help families who need it.

No, that is not remotely normal family noise. I worked in a YMCA daycare when I was in high school and was exposed to a wide range of kids/parenting styles. Even the kids whose behaviour was unruly, they were angels compared to what you describe. 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

The recipes listed at the bottom look intriguing, though I’m not quite sure about ‘Boozy French Toast’. Doesn’t sound like breakfast food. Maybe a ‘breakfast for dinner’ option? 

I think she said that's brunch .. and while we would both love that ... the carbs in it would likely kill my Husband in one go. And it makes my teeth ache...

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

No, that is not remotely normal family noise. I worked in a YMCA daycare when I was in high school and was exposed to a wide range of kids/parenting styles. Even the kids whose behaviour was unruly, they were angels compared to what you describe. 

I mentioned it to Wayne one day ... and he said, the kid is missing something ... like love and attention from her parents.  And after the couple of times I've been exposed to that woman, it's likely true.  I don't where the father is... we rarely hear him. And the super said once .. when dad is home things are different.. they know he's around.  But the first time i went up there and knocked ... it was the girl who answered.  She was tiny .. i dont know how she opened the door.  I thought.. how can you let a child of this age open a door? You have no idea who is out there.  Anyway, from the living room i hear, come in. So i did. The mother is laying on the sofa watching TV. She didn't bother to get up and i know she can walk. That told me what i needed to know.  The kids are left to their own devices, while she watches tv, or talks on the phone. She doesnt take them outside .. and there is a huge park.. and even outside here there is plenty of room to run around with a ball. Those kids must be going insane stuck in there all the time.

She lets them run on the balcony, throw stuff off of it ... one day i can see the worst happening.

Hopefully, Michael will choose now to send the letter. I feel sorry for the kids really.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
3 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

I think she said that's brunch .. and while we would both love that ... the carbs in it would likely kill my Husband in one go. And it makes my teeth ache...

I’m reading this story and recently came to the part where the MC makes stuffed French toast. What is that I wondered, so I googled it. 

Take two slices of fancy bread (never heard of the kind that was used, so don’t remember the name) though I suppose you can use any kind of bread you want. Spread cream cheese on one and jam on the other. Put them together as you would a grilled cheese. Dip both outer sides in the FT mix and then fry them as you would a grilled cheese. Top with maple syrup and enjoy. Talk about a sugar/calorie overload. 

The cream cheese and jam was just one of the flavour combinations I came across,

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
3 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

I mentioned it to Wayne one day ... and he said, the kid is missing something ... like love and attention from her parents.  And after the couple of times I've been exposed to that woman, it's likely true.  I don't where the father is... we rarely hear him. And the super said once .. when dad is home things are different.. they know he's around.  But the first time i went up there and knocked ... it was the girl who answered.  She was tiny .. i dont know how she opened the door.  I thought.. how can you let a child of this age open a door? You have no idea who is out there.  Anyway, from the living room i hear, come in. So i did. The mother is laying on the sofa watching TV. She didn't bother to get up and i know she can walk. That told me what i needed to know.  The kids are left to their own devices, while she watches tv, or talks on the phone. She doesnt take them outside .. and there is a huge park.. and even outside here there is plenty of room to run around with a ball. Those kids must be going insane stuck in there all the time.

She lets them run on the balcony, throw stuff off of it ... one day i can see the worst happening.

Hopefully, Michael will choose now to send the letter. I feel sorry for the kids really.

Poor kids with a mother like that. She’s defo bad news. 

• Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..