The Drop in Centre

52 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Okay... the muffins. Just having one ... if you'd have given it to me and said these are made with 100% whole wheat flour, i'd say you were not being honest. Wow, they are light and fluffy nearly ... what a surprise. And they taste great.

I made them just as it says. The only difference is rather than the honey and sugar, i used 1/2c of brown sugar splenda.  I did not add the flax which is optional. The flour is just our usual plain whole wheat flour.

They look and sound delicious 😋,  I hope you and Michael enjoyed them for your breakfast x

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, chris191070 said:

They look and sound delicious 😋,  I hope you and Michael enjoyed them for your breakfast x

Thanks chris, we did. Michael has recently discovered this type of muffin from the bakery in a local store. However, they have lots of sugar and oil.  Not good for Him really. So, i was happy to find a healthier option for Him.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Thanks @mollyhousemouse @rickproehl the recipe is here.

They are a bit time consuming to make, but they smell wonderful. Michael just got up and once i make Him his tea, he will have one of those along with a few other bits for his breakfast.

I think you shared something similar to these before, and that recipe was to die for! Only made it once, as I lost the link, but I will bookmark this one to try again.

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator

For my most wonderful Husband ... Morning Glory Muffins:

Scrumptious looking, and I bet they taste that way, too. Mike is a lucky man. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

Thanks chris, we did. Michael has recently discovered this type of muffin from the bakery in a local store. However, they have lots of sugar and oil.  Not good for Him really. So, i was happy to find a healthier option for Him.

Does that mean he can eat twice as many as these are healthy then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
Just now, chris191070 said:

Does that mean he can eat twice as many as these are healthy then.

No .. they still have carbs, albeit better ones, but one is still all he should have. So this morning He had one, added some cheese and additional fruit to his plate which is better than two muffins.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

No .. they still have carbs, albeit better ones, but one is still all he should have. So this morning He had one, added some cheese and additional fruit to his plate which is better than two muffins.

That sounds an amazing breakfast.

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator

Thanks @mollyhousemouse @rickproehl the recipe is here.

They are a bit time consuming to make, but they smell wonderful. Michael just got up and once i make Him his tea, he will have one of those along with a few other bits for his breakfast.

I looked at the recipe (love the list of alternative ingredient options, so helpful) and it looks pretty straight forward except for the bit about shredded apples. Had me going :huh: because I’ve never heard of doing that to apples. Did you use a regular shredder to do this? 

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
10 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Healthier option all around, so thanks for sharing it, tim. 

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I looked at the recipe (love the list of alternative ingredient options, so helpful) and it looks pretty straight forward except for the bit about shredded apples. Had me going :huh: because I’ve never heard of doing that to apples. Did you use a regular shredder to do this? 

I just grated them after peeling and removing the cores. It was about 1.5 apples. Michael ate the other half at breakfast. You could just chop them into very small pieces if you rather.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 5
  • Site Moderator
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

I just grated them after peeling and removing the cores. It was about 1.5 apples. Michael ate the other half at breakfast. You could just chop them into very small pieces if you rather.

I have a grater, and in the distant past we had a corer (probably still do, just need to search the drawer which is full of kitchen tools to find it) so maybe I’ll try it that way. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

I have a grater, and in the distant past we had a corer (probably still do, just need to search the drawer which is full of kitchen tools to find it) so maybe I’ll try it that way. 

I just peel them, cut them in half then quarters.. cut out the core.. and grate them using the larger opening

• Like 2
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

I just peel them, cut them in half then quarters.. cut out the core.. and grate them using the larger opening

I have a food processor i barely use since the kids moved out. I am pretty sure it still works, and has a shreadding blade. Lol the only thing i ever shreadded in it was the potatoes for pancakes.

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Hence why the silly thing collects dust.  For the two of us it just is not worth the cleanup.

Mine gets used.. mostly to make hummus which i love. i eat it for lunch very often. Or i use it to make oat flour when i need it.  But otherwise it's not used too often.

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
10 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Mine gets used.. mostly to make hummus which i love. i eat it for lunch very often. Or i use it to make oat flour when i need it.  But otherwise it's not used too often.

I started eating hummus with low-sodium (the regular ones are too salty tasting for me) Triscuits. I haven’t tried making it, so Ive been buying this one after my SiL bought it at Christmas. 

https://sabra.com/dips/hummus/classic-hummus.html

Maybe someday.... I’ll trying making it from scratch.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
12 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

I think i put some salt in but not too much. I like the one we sometimes get from Adonis.  @Wayne Gray gave me a very nice recipe. It makes a ton, but could be easily cut down.  I eat it with vegis and sometimes on whole wheat saltines... :D   

Oh... I just ate my baby carrots plain :facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..