The Drop in Centre

28 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Hello all.  Hello to new friends as well. 

I still think of myself as fairly spring chickeny....until I am around actual young folk and realize I am a tough old bird ready for a stewpot 

haha.. i highly doubt you will ever be a stewing hen!!    that made me laff .. hope you're doing well.

• Like 5
6 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

haha.. i highly doubt you will ever be a stewing hen!!    that made me laff .. hope you're doing well.

I'm doing excellently thanks.  Enjoying Ohio's wild weather:  it's 70, it's 90, storms! Etc all in 3 days. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
3 hours ago, Jack Renny said:

Mornin’ all. It’s hot, sunny and hasn’t rained for days over here. So...I ordered some pairs of summer shorts online. Assorted summery colours.

And now...... it’s raining! 😐

Isn’t that always the way? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
10 hours ago, MacGreg said:

Welcome to the DiC, newbies. @Mikiesboyis a good host, and the friends that hang out in his space are pretty damn cool.  

Thanks, Sir.  Good to see you.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Jack Renny said:

Mornin’ all. It’s hot, sunny and hasn’t rained for days over here. So...I ordered some pairs of summer shorts online. Assorted summery colours.

And now...... it’s raining! 😐

Oh man. But usually rain stops ... so that'll be good, and you'll have short!!

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

Okay... i am not a lover of summer really ... but mine has just gotten better. I found this.

Okay, so I haven’t finished reading the link as yet. Having said that, I’ve been thinking it’s time to dig out my French Press so could brew a batch of cold coffee concentrate. This just might save me the trouble.

Thanks, tim! 

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Okay, so I haven’t finished reading the link as yet. Having said that, I’ve been thinking it’s time to dig out my French Press so could brew a batch of cold coffee concentrate. This just might save me the trouble.

Thanks, tim! 

Oh it was a revelation. I am happy.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
12 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Oh it was a revelation. I am happy.

One thing I thought of is the method to dissolve the coffee. I wonder if using a very small amount of hot water rather than stirring a lot - I’m assuming that’s how it was done - with cold water might be easier. Or did you find the crystals did dissolve without much trouble/effort? 

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

One thing I thought of is the method to dissolve the coffee. I wonder if using a very small amount of hot water rather than stirring a lot - I’m assuming that’s how it was done - with cold water might be easier. Or did you find the crystals did dissolve without much trouble/effort? 

i used nescafe .. i put in the amount i normally have ..i put sweetner in. i poured on some skim milk and a bit of 2% evaporated. I left it while i found ice cubes and got them out of their container. I refilled the ice cube tray and put it back. i stirred the coffee for a minute.. added ice added water. stirred. Tasted.. decided on a bit more evap. .. then i drank it after letting Michael taste it.  No hot water necessary.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..