The Drop in Centre

17 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

I think i put some salt in but not too much. I like the one we sometimes get from Adonis.  @Wayne Gray gave me a very nice recipe. It makes a ton, but could be easily cut down.  I eat it with vegis and sometimes on whole wheat saltines... :D   

So far that's the best hummus I've ever eaten. Fantastic texture, great citrus bite. It's just good.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello Sirs
hello all
we hit up the farmer's market today, got a lot of vegetables and some bread
Daughter and i like to use the hummus on sandwiches, in place of mustard or mayo

That's a healthy use for hummus. Much too healthy a use,  mind you. 

• Haha 5

I've only ever had store bought hummus, and I've never found one I liked.

The "I" word hasn't been said in a while, but... the Instant Pot just went off, so dinner is ready. Later.

Southern Style Pulled Pork, Mashed Potatoes, Green Peas, and Southern Style Cornbread

• Love 3
  • Site Moderator
1 minute ago, Brayon said:

I've only ever had store bought hummus, and I've never found one I liked.

The "I" word hasn't been said in a while, but... the Instant Pot just went off, so dinner is ready. Later.

Southern Style Pulled Pork, Mashed Potatoes, Green Peas, and Southern Style Cornbread

Sounds absolutely delicious, A. Enjoy your dinner. :) 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

I started eating hummus with low-sodium (the regular ones are too salty tasting for me) Triscuits. I haven’t tried making it, so Ive been buying this one after my SiL bought it at Christmas. 

https://sabra.com/dips/hummus/classic-hummus.html

Maybe someday.... I’ll trying making it from scratch.

Try the roasted garlic from Sabra - I love it!

58 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

That's a healthy use for hummus. Much too healthy a use,  mind you. 

LOL Right? Gotta cheat once in a while!

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
14 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Try the roasted garlic from Sabra - I love it!

LOL Right? Gotta cheat once in a while!

Next time, I shop, I’ll try that one. I’ve looked at it and wondered if I’d like it, because I like garlic. A recommendation certainly helps. :) 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Next time, I shop, I’ll try that one. I’ve looked at it and wondered if I’d like it, because I like garlic. A recommendation certainly helps. :) 

Dont mix the garlic through the first try. Then you can get a feel for how much you like. Me? I grew up cooking with fresh garlic in almost everything, so I just stir and break out the triscuits.

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
Just now, Kitt said:

Dont mix the garlic through the first try. Then you can get a feel for how much you like. Me? I grew up cooking with fresh garlic in almost everything, so I just stir and break out the triscuits.

Thanks for the warning.

I just saw your notification and that exact question popped into my head.

I like garlic too - melted butter with garlic and parmesan on pasta is a fave - but I have overdone it in the past which was not so pleasant.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

sitting here waiting for the groceries, thinking on this one. it is nice & can bring a feeling of peace to receive a smile. it wouldn't be farfetched to think that giving a smile would affect the giver similarly. thanks tim xo

Edited by mollyhousemouse
incomplete thoughts
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

he's adorable! just sittin' and chillin'!

Edited by mollyhousemouse
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

he's adorable! just sittin' and chillin'!

i love how it said it took her 3 weeks to get used to her legs ... i know the feeling ..LOL

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..