The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
2 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

Wet night overnight and didn't sleep well - joints aren't liking the weather and we have a chance of rain for the next 10 days.

Little Miss got up in the middle of the night & threw up some bile, but that's because she didn't eat anything the rest of the day yesterday -- not even her evening meal. And she's not wanting to eat any this morning, even small portions out of my hand. :(

Farmers market sounds good but jalapeno bread and cucumbers don't.

Poor Little Miss, I hope whatever is ailing her isn’t serious and resolves quickly. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

Little Miss got up in the middle of the night & threw up some bile,

maybe she's got a tender tummy... see what your vet thinks ... we had to give ours a snack at night to keep food in his stomach..  if she's not eating sometimes plain poached chicken breast works.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

Wet night overnight and didn't sleep well - joints aren't liking the weather and we have a chance of rain for the next 10 days.

Little Miss got up in the middle of the night & threw up some bile, but that's because she didn't eat anything the rest of the day yesterday -- not even her evening meal. And she's not wanting to eat any this morning, even small portions out of my hand. :(

i hope Little Miss feels better today

• Like 2

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC

just wanted to stop in and say good Hello

i’m feeling better antibiotics are doing the job. So at least i can breath used some old time Vick’s-vapor rub. glad it is only a sinus infection these days you have to be careful. 

So take care and have a good night

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

i’m feeling better antibiotics are doing the job. So at least i can breath used some old time Vick’s-vapor rub. glad it is only a sinus infection these days you have to be careful. 

Glad you're feeling better -- and that it's only a sinus infection.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, rickproehl said:

take care, rick xo

• Site Moderator

Just learned something interesting from the man who delivered our groceries this morning. There are no Lysol wipes to be had - anywhere he said - so he bought Lysol spray instead. He said just use it with a rag and it will work just like the wipes - that’s a little easier easier on the hands if you ask me, so I think that’s a better way of doing it overall. 

Another thing we talked about was hand sanitizer which I had seen in the Organic section of the store.  said that’s good (tea tree oil based usually) but hand washing is truly the best method. Why you ask? His wife is a biologist so has learned knowledge when it comes to well, things biological. The virus has a fatty covering that is repelled by soap. We’ve all seen what happens when soap is added to a grease filled pan, and this is what happens when the virus comes into contact with soap. Not to say we actually have the virus on our hand (or face), but if we did...

Anyway, that’s my two cents for the day. 

Have a great one DiCers! 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Just learned something interesting from the man who delivered our groceries this morning. There are no Lysol wipes to be had - anywhere he said - so he bought Lysol spray instead. He said just use it with a rag and it will work just like the wipes - that’s a little easier easier on the hands if you ask me, so I think that’s a better way of doing it overall. 

Another thing we talked about was hand sanitizer which I had seen in the Organic section of the store.  said that’s good (tea tree oil based usually) but hand washing is truly the best method. Why you ask? His wife is a biologist so has learned knowledge when it comes to well, things biological. The virus has a fatty covering that is repelled by soap. We’ve all seen what happens when soap is added to a grease filled pan, and this is what happens when the virus comes into contact with soap. Not to say we actually have the virus on our hand (or face), but if we did...

Have a great one DiCers! 

good to know. i have to park my car under a pine tree and my windshield got tree sap all over. In years past rubbing alcohol did the trick. well i have ran out of alcohol and look everywhere none to be found. So i went to amazon and yes they had some but they they wanted $17.00 dollars a pint bottle. They can keep that one. So was at my neighbor liquor store and they had a bottle 750 ml of hand sanitizer it was 80 proof in it. i bought a bottle and tried it and it worked great removing the tree snap. 

PS
now does anyone have a trick to stop eyeglasses fogging? i have tried Shaving cream / washing in Dawn Soap. Still no luck.

Edited by rickproehl
  • Like 3
23 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Have a great one DiCers! 

It's a shame most people don't believe 'people who should know because of their training' like anti-vaccers who rather believe some idiot 'celebrity' rather than a scientist.

Thanks for the info.. makes perfect sense to me.  xo

• Like 1
  • Love 2

just wanted to stop in and say good morning

Happy Memorial Day to those in the USA. 

So how is your day going? Myself i just resting and relaxing.

So take care and have a good day.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
10 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

PS
now does anyone have a trick to stop eyeglasses fogging? i have tried Shaving cream / washing in Dawn Soap. Still no luck.

Edited 1 minute ago by rickproehl (see edit history)

Okay, so both of these methods is what I found at first, so I looked a little more. Does your mask have a nose bridge? if so, make sue it is fitting so warm air isn’t escaping out the top. 

There are also DIY bridges.

You can buy masks with a nose bridge or masks that can be shaped to fit the face. If you’ve decided to make your own masks, you can create a better fit for them by sewing pipe cleaners or twist ties into the top so they can be molded to fit the nose better.

Haven’t found anything as yet, but there must be other quick fixes out there. Id ask Mr. Google and search Youtube because I have found some great info videos on there in the past.

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

It’s so cool in the basement the smoke alarm started going off when it detected the warm air from upstairs - keeping the door closed now.  Good thing this got figured out now instead of the dead of night. Course, it’s warming up now because a sudden down pour with wind which is bringing rain inside so had to close the windows. It’s the third flash rain in less than an hour...

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

It’s so cool in the basement the smoke alarm started going off when it detected the warm air from upstairs - keeping the door closed now.  Good thing this got figured out now instead of the dead of night. Course, it’s warming up now because a sudden down pour with wind which is bringing rain inside so had to close the windows. It’s the third flash rain in less than an hour...

Bright and sunny here.. and f'g hot.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

we had storms last night, so much so that we had to clean the dogs paws when they came in, Rubin's were caked in mud

2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i'll trade for my cloudy and muggy as all heck

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
3 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

It’s sunny again, here as well. Window is back open again where I sitting, but going to leave the upstairs ones closed in case it rains again. Apparently, this heat wave (a heat alert on the weather network) is supposed to last through Wednesday with Tuesday and Wednesday being hotter than today. *sigh*

• Like 3
1 minute ago, mollyhousemouse said:

we had storms last night, so much so that we had to clean the dogs paws when they came in, Rubin's were caked in mud

i'll trade for my cloudy and muggy as all heck

yeah we are having heat warnings already should be a fun summer..

• Like 1
  • Wow 3
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

It’s sunny again, here as well. Window is back open again where I sitting, but going to leave the upstairs ones closed in case it rains again. Apparently, this heat wave (a heat alert on the weather network) is supposed to last through Wednesday with Tuesday and Wednesday being hotter than today. *sigh*

i can feel it.. it affects my lungs.. gonna be a long summer.

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
4 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i can feel it.. it affects my lungs.. gonna be a long summer.

So one good thing has come of this virus, you don’t have to go outside in this heat. You do have AC, right? 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

So one good thing has come of this virus, you don’t have to go outside in this heat. You do have AC, right? 

Yeah we have AC.. yeah i'm hoping i dont need to go back for some time.  It's too soon for AC.. god

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..