The Drop in Centre

55 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Nope.. they tell us that is normal family noise. Those people are anything but normal. Michael wrote a letter to send to Children's Aid, but is torn because of how things are.  He said he will rewrite it. Maybe they need some help up there and the CAS does that, help families who need it.

You all know I've not talked to my sister in over 7 years. She's had four kids, two boys and two girls, from two different dads. All of them have been taken away from her, and her parental rights have been terminated. If she has any more kids, she looses them automatically, per the courts. Sometimes, people shouldn't have kids, and the best thing for them is removal from toxic parents.

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
34 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

😁  

and just like that she logged off, shut down her computer, made a sandwich & started her long weekend!

how's everyone doing?

I dunno, this just made me laugh... :D 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

i'm glad it made you laugh Reader!
i'm happy to be done with this week, it wasn't horrible, but it was busy
are you doing well?

Yep, doing well. Just got back from a walk, so going to rehydrate and vegetate for a bit.

Have a great day DiCers!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

good morning Fae

the birds are singing, the house is quiet & the coffee is hot. so far, so good

i hope your day is a good one

Well the largest dog scarfed down her breakfast then threw up five times so... I've had better starts to the day.  She's just started doing this. SP and I think a trip to the vet is in store.

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

Slow her down by using one of those special dishes, or  like us horse peeps do, put a large rock in her dish. Gotta be large enough she can't possibly swallow it, and has to work to get the kibble.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Fae Briona said:

Well the largest dog scarfed down her breakfast then threw up five times so... I've had better starts to the day.  She's just started doing this. SP and I think a trip to the vet is in store.

Yeah, like @Kitt said. Our part-time dog we used to look after has to have a special dish like this:

image.jpeg.ed37d2d411e94305fd610068d2e26f75.jpeg  so he can't gobble. There's all sorts of shapes so talk to the vet or visit a good pet store.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Yeah, like @Kitt said. Our part-time dog we used to look after has to have a special dish like this:

image.jpeg.ed37d2d411e94305fd610068d2e26f75.jpeg  so he can't gobble. There's all sorts of shapes so talk to the vet or visit a good pet store.

Thanks -- we'll have to look into getting something like that to slow her down.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Fae Briona said:

Well, that still slows the eating down as the bits  of kibble are spread all over.  :D

I don't think our part time dog is that bright. He's lovely but a bit of a dunce, so he's never thought of tipping his bowl over.  But yes.. if they are spread out they can only pick up one at a time...lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
4 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Hopefully ... this doesnt happen:  

Wings has that exact dish for her pup.  Not only does the dog pick it up, but dumps it carefully into one pile, then scarfs as usual. She ended up using a 2 litre bottle filled with sand that she glued into that center section to weigh it down.

I told her the dang rock would have been easier!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Site Moderator
42 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Wings has that exact dish for her pup.  Not only does the dog pick it up, but dumps it carefully into one pile, then scarfs as usual. She ended up using a 2 litre bottle filled with sand that she glued into that center section to weigh it down.

Clever pooch. :P 

• Like 3
43 minutes ago, Kitt said:

I told her the dang rock would have been easier!

Always listen to your mother.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Excuse me Good Sirs, and DiC

just wanted to stop in and say good night.

It’s good to be off for 3 days. 

My Sinus Infection will make sure i get plenty of rest. 

So take care and have a good night.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello Sirs and friends
hope everyone had a good day
@Fae Briona, i hope the dog is ok
we took a drive and stopped at the farmer's market. picked up a nice loaf of cheddar/jalapeno sourdough bread and some  cucumbers

Wet night overnight and didn't sleep well - joints aren't liking the weather and we have a chance of rain for the next 10 days.

Little Miss got up in the middle of the night & threw up some bile, but that's because she didn't eat anything the rest of the day yesterday -- not even her evening meal. And she's not wanting to eat any this morning, even small portions out of my hand. :(

Farmers market sounds good but jalapeno bread and cucumbers don't.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..