Open Club  ·  135 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

I spent a few hours yesterday evening, and again this evening, with the hoe, breaking down about half of the soil I had roughly turned over with the spade in the vegetable garden over the past week or so. I was working on the area where I intend growing my root crops (beetroot, onion, parsnip, carrot, etc.), and the area for the legumes (peas and beans). The surfaces of both are now reasonably firm (from me walking over them), and have a nice tilth, which means I can start actually sowing seeds in them over the next while. I'll also be reassembling my runner bean trellis, and putting up nets for the peas to climb.

I find hoeing to be a really relaxing sort of job. It's not hard. Certainly not as hard as digging. And, as I am doing it, I find my mind starts to wander. Yesterday I came up with lots of ideas for possible haikus. Now, they all need working on before I would think about sharing them with the world. The syllable count is wrong at times. And some of them are only two lines yet, and I need to work on the third line. Not necessarily the final line, as a few of them are actually missing the middle line. But the easy and repetitive nature of the hoeing allowed my mind to just wander.

As I was hoeing this evening the words of a song kept repeating themselves over and over in my head for some reason. I haven't a clue why I thought about it, but it basically became some sort of ear-worm, and I couldn't even get it out of my head when I came back into the house. Maybe by sharing it here, it will finally go away...

Tomorrow, I plan on hoeing the area where the brassica crop is to be grown this year. I wonder where my mind will take me when I'm doing that..?

Edited by Marty
Tidying up
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

Aloha All:kiss::hug:

Greetings, Albert! :hug: 

Good news on the eye test, my friend.

I had my annual test a few months ago. The results came back good for me, as well. :yes:

• Like 3
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, Marty said:

Greetings, Albert! :hug: 

Good news on the eye test, my friend.

I had my annual test a few months ago. The results came back good for me, as well. :yes:

And my eyes are back to normal. We've all had good news on the eye front. :)  Hey, Marty. :hug: 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

But I may need cataract surgery

There's a history of cataracts in my family on my mother's side.

Fortunately, every time I have my own eyes checked, I have been told I have no sign of any developing.

But, as horrible as it may sound to me to possibly have that sort of work done on my eyes, everyone I know who has tells me that it's really quite straightforward.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..