Open Club  ·  133 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Blue eyes aren't actually blue

Blue eye color is determined by melanin, and melanin is actually brown by nature.

The color of our eyes depends on how much melanin is present in the iris. Brown eyes have the highest amount of melanin in the iris, and blue eyes have the least.

Brown melanin is the only pigment that exists in the eye; there is no pigment for hazel or green — or blue. Eyes only appear to be these colors because of the way light strikes the layers of the iris and reflects back toward the viewer.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

People with blue eyes have a completely colourless stroma with no pigment at all, and it also contains no excess collagen deposits. This means that all the light that enters it is scattered back into the atmosphere and as a result of the Tyndall effect, creates a blue hue.

th?id=OIP.MWiSYNWQVSsi5nW2NQs-2QHaDA&w=200&h=81&rs=1&qlt=80&o=6&dpr=1.45&pid=3.1

Well mum and both her parents and three siblings have/had blue eyes.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

That would be very very very distant

They're not that distant, they just have the UK between them.

I have blue eyes so Clo you and me:yes:

You on the other hand are much more distant. 

Edited by dughlas
Oops I used the wrong their, there instead of they're
  • Haha 5
30 minutes ago, Marty said:

To save Albert having to search...

facts-about-people-with-green-eyes.webp

:yes:

What about hazel? I have green hazel eyes that are sometimes very bright green, other times sort of mossy and others nearly blue-grey.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, dughlas said:

What about hazel? I have green hazel eyes that are sometimes very bright green, other times sort of mossy and others nearly blue-grey.

I'm heading to bed - so (apart from maybe suggesting you're just weird) I will let Albert answer. ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1
2 minutes ago, Marty said:

I'm heading to bed - so (apart from maybe suggesting you're just weird) I will let Albert answer. ;) 

May Morpheus bless your slumber...

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..