Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

58 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

Well I did the stress test for the heart Doctor sigh not fun:yes:

Hopefully (assuming you weren't given them at the end) the results will be okay... :yes:

FingersCrossedEmoji.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, clochette said:

Hey all :hug:

*sigh* I've heard back from the administration about my appeal for the philosophy exam. They say what they've received is a document named "examen philosophie morale et politique" which doesn't correcorrespond to any files on my laptop.

So I did screen shots of all 3 files about this exam I have (thank CodI hadn't deletedanything from the exams): the instructions of the exam I had downloaded, the word version of my work and the pdf version of my work proving they hadn't been open or modified since then and that none of them have the name of what they say is online. 

Tomorrow morning is the second chance exam for this subject and as the appeal won't be closed and my first version evaluated by the professor I have no choice but to take the second chance exam even if I may have succeeded at the 1st session. I said so in the email and insisting that I'll do it as a safety net but that it doesn't mean I'm backing down of the appeal.

*sigh* why such things alway happen to me... :rolleyes:

In other news it's a beautiful amd hot day here.

I hope you're all having a nice day :hug:

Assuming that you win the appeal, and also assuming that your marks for the original exam paper are higher than the marks you achieve in the second chance exam, would I be correct in assuming that you will receive the higher of the two marks? (Gosh! I used the word 'assuming' three times in that sentence...)

[Not as good a day here, as in Picardy. There was some rain this morning, but I was happy enough about that, as I transplanted some seedlings yesterday. Currently cloudy but dry, with a high of 17°C/63°F forecast.]

• Like 3
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, dughlas said:

I'm home again. The weekend went well. We had a couple very nice dinners and this morning before heading home made a visit to the boardwalk for cannoli and to take in the scenery ... lots of bare young male chests.

Sounds nice. Welcome back, dugh. :hug: 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Marty said:

So, this morning I attended my local heath centre for a regular check up that should have been done in February, but had been delayed due to the pandemic...

When I was contacted last Friday about this, I was told that I would need to fast for at least 13 hours beforehand as one of the things to be checked would be my bloods (importantly to check my blood sugar and cholesterol levels due to my Type 2 diabetic status). As my appointment was at 11:00am this meant I would be getting a very late breakfast today.

On 14 May last, the Health Service Executive (HSE) of Ireland suffered a major ransomware cyberattack that caused all of its IT systems nationwide to be shut down. Although much of the system has since been reinstated, it has resulted in backlogs to various appointments, procedures, etc.

So when I went in to see the nurse who was doing the check-up this morning, she informed me that non-urgent blood testing is still not being done. So, as I am not considered an urgent case, she didn't take any blood samples. Which meant I hadn't needed to skip breakfast. Codamnit! :o 

Good news is that all the tests she was able to do - blood pressure (132/85), weight (79kg/174lb), circulation and sensitivity in feet, and ECG - were all satisfactory. :D 

I was told I will be automatically contacted (hopefully in the not too distant future) with an appointment for when the blood samples can be taken.

Ransomware is a huge threat to world stability. :(  Hi, Marty. :hug: 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..