Open Club  ·  135 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

5 minutes ago, clochette said:

It might seems like too much and I don't like the fact we had to made it to that point but a third of people working in nursing homes aren't vaccinated though they were in the first groups of people to have had access to the vaccin! 

That is soooo wrong. I wouldn't want a loved one being cared for by someone unvaccinated. 

• Love 4
  • Wow 1

I agree with Gary but some aren't going to do that they follow there leader and to hell with anyone else😲 And we are having large increases in the people are coming down with the virus !

Edited by Albert1434
  • Sad 5
12 minutes ago, Headstall said:

That is soooo wrong. I wouldn't want a loved one being cared for by someone unvaccinated. 

That happen here in the begin of the plague :yes: And some of those care givers didn't want the vaccine. And as far as I know they never did get it!

We had nurses that the hospital they work for said get the shot or find another job. And they sued can you believe that :yes:

Edited by Albert1434
  • Sad 4
21 minutes ago, clochette said:

I'm gonna catch some ZZZ as I'll have a busy day tomorrow. I'll be making ficelles picardes and a red berries entremet cake for my brother's birthday dinner. The kid will be 25 already! 

Good night gang :kiss:

Sweet dreams, Tink. :hug: 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

I spoke to my sister about gooseberry pie and the fruit itself. Neither of us remember my grandmother making a gooseberry pie but clearly remember her enjoying the fruit itself. Does it require more fruit than other berries? They had a ginormous mulberry tree that was great to climb (and to pick fruit when ripe although we had old clothes for that). She made pies from that but never the gooseberries… :huh:

Doesn't require more fruit. :no: 

Maybe more sugar (depending on the ripeness of the gooseberries. :yes:

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Albert1434 said:

We had nurses that the hospital they work for said get the shot or find another job. And they sued can you believe that :yes:

Sad to say that I can believe it... :/ 

• Like 4

I'm off to bed. Good night, all. :hug:

I think I'll leave you all with this one tonight. Sadly, with all the news about climate change, wildfires, melting of the polar ice, and the like, I am beginning to wonder if Bowie is maybe being a bit optimistic when he says we've got five years... :unsure2:

Edited by Marty
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3
18 hours ago, Headstall said:

I know it's controversial, but we are in a GLOBAL health emergency with people still dying in droves around the world. Tough is not only good, I think it is needed. I respect peoples' rights to make their own decisions but come on! If you don't want to get vaccinated, then you should expect there has to be personal limitations. 99.5% of all covid deaths are those without vaccinations. Meanwhile, the rest of us who have been vaccinated still have to hold our breath over whether the next variant allowed to mutate will be the one that puts us back to square one. So I commend France and her president. I would like to be able to go into a building with other people and know everyone has been vaccinated. :)     

Don’t get me started on Sydney… they haven’t taken it seriously and now there is talk of extending their lockdown for weeks extra.

• Wow 2
  • Sad 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..