Open Club  ·  135 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

1 hour ago, Marty said:

Hey Clo! :hug: :kiss:

We're at 15℃ here. And that's really good for February in Ireland. Lovely blue sky with a few fluffy white clouds as well. Heaven! :) 

Another lucky one! It's only minus 8 Celcius here, but it's lovely in the sun. We'll get our turn. :) 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Marty said:

Hey Clo! :hug: :kiss:

We're at 15℃ here. And that's really good for February in Ireland. Lovely blue sky with a few fluffy white clouds as well. Heaven! :) 

Afternoon Marty :hug:

That's about what we should have too. I'm in the north of France so our temps are closer to England. The last couple of weeks have been exceptionally warm and sunny.

• Like 5
49 minutes ago, Marty said:

The sun's starting to slip towards the horizon here.

Think I'll bookmark where I am in the story I've been binge-reading for the past few hours and head out with the camera. There should be some nice light worth photographing over one of the loughs in my locality....

Catch yous all later. :) 

Have a great afternoon, Marty... happy clicking, and I hope you are enjoying Exes and Ohs. :) 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, dughlas said:

G'day y'all. Not as lovely a day today. Forecast to be as warm as yesterday but more clouds.

Afternoon, Dugh, Mum, and Thistle.   *scratches Thistle behind the ears*

5 hours ago, Kitt said:

Good morning everyone.  

Afternoon, Kitt.  :hug:

5 hours ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Morning, Kitt! :hug: How are you?

Hey, Thorn.   :hug:

4 hours ago, Marty said:

Dublin was fun! Tiring, but we got a lot done. :) 

Hey, Marty.  :hug:  Glad you had fun.   :)

4 hours ago, Dmrman said:

:kiss: thanks, Pagey... we are and that's what matters !!!:heart:

Hey again, Bob.   :hug:  :kiss:

3 hours ago, Headstall said:

Solid maple here. -_-

Hey, Gary.   :hug:  :kiss:

• Like 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Marty said:

"The Land of Time Enough" is a term often used to describe Ireland. The same could be said of Cuba. The only real difference was the sunnier weather and the darker skinned population. :) 

I've heard Spain and India have similar customs. "It happens when it happens." is usually the motto for most situations, with some exceptions for big business meetings.

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Marty said:

Dublin (at least as far as I am concerned) is okay for a visit. Maybe for a meeting like yesterday, or to attend a concert or the theatre. Wouldn't ant to spend too much time there, though. It's just too big and busy for my liking. When I do visit I'm always happy to leave again to get back to the slower pace of life of where I am living nowadays. I feel more in tune with the natural world with the mountains and the lakes around me. :)

I live just a few blocks from the city center, but with only 15,000 people in this town, we get to spread out a bit more. The house has a fairly big yard. Once the weather warms up and the ground thaws, I'm having a tree house installed for my kid brother-in-law.  :D

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Thorn Wilde said:

don't know what the breed would be called in English, a Norwegian breed called Nordlandshest. He's over twenty now, too. He's so patient and such a sweetheart. They took him on the metro once to film an ad. He was cool as a cucumber the whole time.

I was just reading about them on Wikipedia. They sound like wonderful horses.   :)

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Hi, Page! You doing all right today? :hug: 

Perfect. The weather could be better (warmer), but I'm having a nice day organizing my printed recipes into a binder. I have eight dividers to put them in. So far, I have:

• Appetizers
  • Soups/Salads
  • Main Dishes - Breakfast
  • Main Dishes - Lunch
  • Main Dishes - Dinner
  • Sides
  • ?????
  • Desserts

I'm not sure what to put in the seventh folder. Drinks, sauces, bread, or something else?

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

I was just reading about them on Wikipedia. They sound like wonderful horses.   :)

They're lovely, though not very big. Most horse breeds native to this part of the world are technically ponies. Like the Icelandic horse or the fjord horse.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

Perfect. The weather could be better (warmer), but I'm having a nice day organizing my printed recipes into a binder. I have eight dividers to put them in. So far, I have:

• Appetizers
  • Soups/Salads
  • Main Dishes - Breakfast
  • Main Dishes - Lunch
  • Main Dishes - Dinner
  • Sides
  • ?????
  • Desserts

I'm not sure what to put in the seventh folder. Drinks, sauces, bread, or something else?

Bits and bobs? All the stuff that doesn't fit in anywhere else. That's what I'd do. :) Glad you're having a good day! 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Page Scrawler said:

Afternoon, Dugh, Mum, and Thistle.   *scratches Thistle behind the ears*

Afternoon, Kitt.  :hug:

Hey, Thorn.   :hug:

Hey, Marty.  :hug:  Glad you had fun.   :)

Hey again, Bob.   :hug:  :kiss:

Hey, Gary.   :hug:  :kiss:

Hi, Pagey. :hug: 

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..