Open Club  ·  134 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

4 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

OMG That would have been my favorite place as a kid.  

It was one of my favourite places, for sure. I think I was there at least three times. Just so sad they closed. Oh well, that's capitalism for ya. :P 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
21 minutes ago, Marty said:

G'day, young Albert! :hug: 

Sorry, can't stay. Fasting overnight (blood tests tomorrow) and have the munchies. Heading to bed now before I give in to my cravings. :)

Night all! 

Night, Marty. :hug: 

• Like 4

I think you Guys missed this part on Sauce Roberts

Origins of Sauce Robert

The sauce has origins at least as far back as the early 14th century, making it one of the oldest classic sauces. Sauce Robert is mentioned in a manuscript by Guillame Tirel (known as Taillevant). He was a master chef at the French court who wrote "Le Viandier," one of the earliest recipe collections of the Middle Ages. The sauce later was ascribed to a 17th-century cook named Robert Vinot, which may be where it picked up its name. This version is closest to that which appears in Auguste Escoffier's "The Complete Guide to the Art of Modern Cookery" and in recent editions of "Larousse Gastronomique."

Edited by Albert1434
  • Like 2
  • Wow 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..