Open Club  ·  134 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

• Site Administrator
4 hours ago, Thorn Wilde said:

They're lovely, though not very big. Most horse breeds native to this part of the world are technically ponies. Like the Icelandic horse or the fjord horse.

OMG I don't know how Norwegians are with the fjord horses, but here, if anyone calls a fjord horse a 'pony', the people who own them flip out.  Even though they're pony size.  🙄  Icelandics are awesome too.  I've never ridden one though. 

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

OMG I don't know how Norwegians are with the fjord horses, but here, if anyone calls a fjord horse a 'pony', the people who own them flip out.  Even though they're pony size.  🙄  Icelandics are awesome too.  I've never ridden one though. 

Haha! Yeah, they're like that here, too. :P I've ridden a couple of Icelandics... Or, I say ridden... I've sat on them while someone led them, mostly. But that special gait of theirs, tölt, is a very different feeling from the gaits of other horses.

• Like 5
  • Site Administrator
1 minute ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Haha! Yeah, they're like that here, too. :P I've ridden a couple of Icelandics... Or, I say ridden... I've sat on them while someone led them, mostly. But that special gait of theirs, tölt, is a very different feeling from the gaits of other horses.

Yeah I've ridden gaited horses before, but not the tolt.  There's a farm that raises Icelandics near one of my BFFs.  She went to a show they held there once and took some video.  It was quite different from the hunter/jumper and dressage shows I used to compete in. 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Marty said:

G'day, young Albert! :hug: 

Sorry, can't stay. Fasting overnight (blood tests tomorrow) and have the munchies. Heading to bed now before I give in to my cravings. :)

Night all! 

Goodnight, Marty! Good luck with the blood tests. :hug: :kiss: 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Marty said:

G'day, young Albert! :hug: 

Sorry, can't stay. Fasting overnight (blood tests tomorrow) and have the munchies. Heading to bed now before I give in to my cravings. :)

Night all! 

I did Blood tests a week ago and when to the doctor today they came out perfect :yes:

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Site Administrator
6 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

When I was a kid there was a theme park near Oslo called Viking land. They put on historical (but child appropriate) plays, had actors walking around dressed in period appropriate clothing who would look at a gameboy and go, 'What sorcery is this??' Fun place. They also had horses, and you could ride them round this little track. So that's where I got to try tölt. Sadly, they closed it down sometime around 1999 in favour of expanding the next door amusement park's area for new rides. Sad, really. It was very educational. Kids learned a lot of history and mythology both there.

OMG That would have been my favorite place as a kid.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..