10 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Oh Def i'd love to sit on the sofa with a glass of wine and tell you everything.. but :( i cant. ..

Perhaps we can ask @AC Benus to post the pic he showed me after he first read this story .. of how the Ones Who Watch  looked to him. It's a great pic.   It's funny, i was a bit apprehensive showing AC this story.  I honestly didn't think he'd enjoy it.   But i've been wrong before.

Lol .. and I know bribes don’t work either.. 

yep, if AC agrees to share his vision that would be cool. I was very conscious of them as I read.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

My take on Stravor, is that he is a religious zealot, and a Holy Warrior for Hemothracene. In chapter one, he's dutiful to his devotion to his god, and as such, he has a very domineering personality. In my experience, with fantasy role-playing games, clergy, holy warriors, priests of gods are very much dominating forces of divine might.

One of the first books I ever bought for myself was a fantasy genre book, and this story reminds me of those classic fantasy stories I grew up with.

• Like 3
Just now, Mikiesboy said:

It's always interesting to hear what you think. i can see why you would and well, it's kind of our nature to look for that, right?

tim 

if you look at the God / Church you have a leader and followers and rules and in some times punishment

and in a D/s you have a Master/sub and they have rules and punishment 

so they both could be a ying/yang 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Brayon said:

My take on Stravor, is that he is a religious zealot, and a Holy Warrior for Hemothracene. In chapter one, he's dutiful to his devotion to his god, and as such, he has a very domineering personality. In my experience, with fantasy role-playing games, clergy, holy warriors, priests of gods are very much dominating forces of divine might.

One of the first books I ever bought for myself was a fantasy genre book, and this story reminds me of those classic fantasy stories I grew up with.

A - I love fantasy games and the one I will play again FFV 7 the one where Cloud die I fell in love with that character and when he dies at the end the first time I played I was a wreck

• Love 1
  • Sad 1
10 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

It's always interesting to hear what you think. i can see why you would and well, it's kind of our nature to look for that, right?

that's one of the things that makes the discussion threads so interesting, to hear everyone's take on the story

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Brayon said:

i've never read any fantasy books  other than Lord of the Rings .. there may have been one other... i did play Skyrim.... Stravor was originally written ...oh ... six years ago. The first chapter has languished for that long.. and two laptops. LOL 

Yes.. i read George RR Martin's Game of Thrones.. the first book.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Yes, I do agree it is in our nature to look for this. I hope I’m interesting in a good way. I enjoy talking about a story or poem with others as well as the Author. You the author your feedback from us good or bad helps to make you a better author. 

tim I have a question when you are writing this story do you have it all planned out? Or do you know this is my starting point and this is my ending point and then you let the characters and the blank paper inspire you? 

Just wondering.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Yes, I do agree it is in our nature to look for this. I hope I’m interesting in a good way. I enjoy talking about a story or poem with others as well as the Author. You the author your feedback from us good or bad helps to make you a better author. 

tim I have a question when you are writing this story do you have it all planned out? Or do you know this is my starting point and this is my ending point and then you let the characters and the blank paper inspire you? 

Just wondering.

I enjoy feedback, i am always learning and so yes i listen to what people have to say. When i post something, the story is done...there may be a bit of editing in a last chapter or two , but it is written and finished.

This story had an outline, and there are questions i ask myself. Each story i write teaches me something about my preparation. In this one there is a lot of foreshadowing. And because my prep isn't all it could be, i had to do a number of additions in a few places after the fact. There has to be reasons for things ... you cannot just drop things in that have never been alluded to earlier, well you can, but you shouldn't (there could some things but they are usually catastrophic in nature). So many things need to be foreshadowed to open up the possibility for more later or to soften the blow that is to come.

If i am writing a prompt, i rarely write an outline for those ...i just let myself write.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Love 4
  • Site Moderator
9 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Oh Def i'd love to sit on the sofa with a glass of wine and tell you everything.. but :( i cant. ..

A Book Club for this or any of your stories would be a lot of fun. Oh wells, I’m sure we’ll have a good time here as we most recently had for Changes, Again. Isn’t that right, @droughtquake

• Like 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

A Book Club for this or any of your stories would be a lot of fun. Oh wells, I’m sure we’ll have a good time here as we most recently had for Changes, Again. Isn’t that right,

I’m sure confession is good for the soul I have not read Changes.  Sorry tim but I will make up for that this week that will be my book club reading list. So both you and Reader can close your mouth. ... 

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

I’m sure confession is good for the soul I have not read Changes.  Sorry tim but I will make up for that this week that will be my book club reading list. So both you and Reader can close your mouth. ... 

Changes and Changes, Again ... were labours of love. Changes took a full year to write because of the research. It was a long time and a lot of work but it had to be as right as i could make it. And frankly, after posting the first chapter one person commented that his husband had gone through the same kind of accident ... my heart stopped when i read that ... because it had never dawned on me that someone this had happened to would read that story. And it validated every hour i'd invested in learning about the subject.  So if you decide to read it.. i hope you enjoy it and Don and Louis.

• Love 5
  • Site Moderator
11 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Changes and Changes, Again ... were labours of love. Changes took a full year to write because of the research. It was a long time and a lot of work but it had to be as right as i could make it. And frankly, after posting the first chapter one person commented that his husband had gone through the same kind of accident ... my heart stopped when i read that ... because it had never dawned on me that someone this had happened to would read that story. And it validated every hour i'd invested in learning about the subject.  So if you decide to read it.. i hope you enjoy it and Don and Louis.

All the work you put into making those stories “right” showed. All those details like the Janta(?) rated flooring helped make those stories real as if it was possible to meet Don and Louis someday. I keep hoping...

• Like 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

All the work you put into making those stories “right” showed. All those details like the Janta(?) rated flooring helped make those stories real as if it was possible to meet Don and Louis someday. I keep hoping...

Oh yes, the Janka Hardness Scale ... wow who knew?  For those super interested.. http://www.superiorflooring.ca/education-center/janka-hardness-scale

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator

Oh, and I do think Hemothracene is bad and he/it wants to destroy Keter (with a name like Keter, he has to be good, imo) because Keter is the one destined to topple Hemothracene and bring goodness and light back to the Land. Am I right or am I right? 

Okay, that’s a bit fanciful, but you get what I’m saying. 

• Love 2
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

Oh, and I do think Hemothracene is bad and he/it wants to destroy Keter (with a name like Keter, he has to be good, imo) because Keter is the one destined to topple Hemothracene and bring goodness and light back to the Land. Am I right or am I right? 

Okay, that’s a bit fanciful, but you get what I’m saying. 

You could be right ... Hemothracene  warns Stravor about the boy and more, in fact he is pretty clear, saying kill him ... yet Stravor's own father warns him about the man-boy. So what does that mean?

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Oh yes, the Janka Hardness Scale ... wow who knew?  For those super interested.. http://www.superiorflooring.ca/education-center/janka-hardness-scale

Yep, now I know why the flooring my dad put down in my parents family room stands up better to nicks from falling objects than mine. Go figure a condo builder doesn’t put in top of the line (or closer to that) when they’re building a large project. 

Anyway, I digress (yes, I know I started it), back to Stravor. The dreamer in me wonders just how far and how deep the relationship between Stravor and Keter is going to go. I suppose you’re just going to tell me to wait, read the story, and see what happens. Right? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Stravor's own father warns him about the man-boy. So what does that mean?

Hmm... I don’t quite remember it that way. Need to go back and read that bit again. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Yep, now I know why the flooring my dad put down in my parents family room stands up better to nicks from falling objects than mine. Go figure a condo builder doesn’t put in top of the line (or closer to that) when they’re building a large project. 

Anyway, I digress (yes, I know I started it), back to Stravor. The dreamer in me wonders just how far and how deep the relationship between Stravor and Keter is going to go. I suppose you’re just going to tell me to wait, read the story, and see what happens. Right? 

No, i won't say that, cuz you did. LOL.  This story is an adventure, a journey. It is a physical one and a mental one for our characters.  Stravor has been given his orders. He will need to carry them out or risk the wrath of their god. We will take the journey with them. Won't  be much fun if i just tell you everything that happens.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator
43 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

So both you and Reader can close your mouth. ... 

My lips are zipped. They are both binge worthy reads, so lucky you, rick. You’ll enjoy them both, that I guarantee. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
3 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Stravor has been given his orders. He will need to carry them out or risk the wrath of their god. We will take the journey with them. Won't  be much fun if i just tell you everything that happens.

Yes, but will he have the fortitude to go against his god if he thinks his god is wrong or up to no good? Time will tell.

Okay , that’s it for me because I need to finish my coffee and get ready for the day. I’ll be out of wifi range until about 5 or so. Will check in laterz....

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Yes, but will he have the fortitude to go against his god if he thinks his god is wrong or up to no good? Time will tell.

Okay , that’s it for me because I need to finish my coffee and get ready for the day. I’ll be out of wifi range until about 5 or so. Will check in laterz....

tim and Reader 

‘this story is about choices good / bad right wrong so we will have to let tim tell us which way it Stavor chooses let’s hope “he chosed wisely “ 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1