Fall Anthology 2019 - How are your stories coming along?

• Site Administrator

There is an anthology coming up.

I have gotten as far as writing 2 summaries for a short story for each theme.  I'm targetting to complete 1 story for each theme with a possibility of 2 for each if I can prevent my muse from escaping.

Where are all of you?

• Like 5

I have an inkling of an idea but it needs to be put on hold for a few days while I write a chapter for a story for a friend (she can use it after the last couple of weeks), write my drabbles (almost all the way caught up), edit Monday's drabbles, and write for the Halloween Hunt. Shouldn't take me more than a week to get that done. But I have ideas and I wrote them down and now I must plot them. 

• Like 5
19 minutes ago, S.L. Lewis said:

I have an inkling of an idea but it needs to be put on hold for a few days while I write a chapter for a story for a friend (she can use it after the last couple of weeks), write my drabbles (almost all the way caught up), edit Monday's drabbles, and write for the Halloween Hunt. Shouldn't take me more than a week to get that done. But I have ideas and I wrote them down and now I must plot them. 

*blinks*  Dude, when do you sleep?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
4 minutes ago, CassieQ said:

*blinks*  Dude, when do you sleep?

What is sleep? I don't sleep. Not well and often at least. And most of this I can get done in a couple of days. Don't want to though. No good reason to push myself and have sub-par writing. So I will write on my inklings as soon as I'm done with my Halloween Hunt story. 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, GabrielCaldwell said:

As I'm new here, I hadn't really paid attention to the Anthology announcement. I had just assumed it was a collection of stories that had been published during the year, and didn't realize it was an invitation for new stories.

Now I'm trying to think if I have a story idea that I can adapt for this...

Hope you give it a shot, they're a lot of fun!

• Like 5

What I thought would be my antho entry hasn't got started yet. But... a prompt response I'm working on ballooned in size, before I then realised it worked for the other antho theme. So, yes, there'll be something, just not what I expected. If I manage to get Cia's Halloween story out of the way quickly enough, I might have chance to do the other entry as well. Maybe. :unsure:

• Like 5
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How's everyone else doing? Slight feelings of time running away from me here. I should be OK but the story's now my focus to the exclusion of everything else. Of course, it's my usual short (not short) entry.  :rolleyes: Haven't decided yet whether to take up the 'post in chapters' offer for longer stories.

• Like 5
  • Site Administrator

I'm about 3/4 on my "fall from grace" entry. and 1/4 or so on my "Rain Check" one

• Like 5

I hate missing an anthology, but I have to stay focused on completing a multi-chapter story I've been working on for ages. Then again, I am feeling better every day, and I have knocked out a story in a day or two before. :)  November 15th? Hmmmm....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, northie said:

I have faith in you, Gary.  Short stories can be just as good, you know.  :rolleyes:  :lol:

Thanks for your faith, northie. Three hours and I think I have the makings of a story. :D  Now the hard work begins. :P 

• Like 4

Okay, one is done, edited and posted. It is the short one for Rainchecks.

Now I just need to find a sucker, er, someone helpful to go through the 8,998 word one for the Fall from Grace. Written but needs beta and edit.

• Like 3