Inadvertently Gay, but funny

On 7/10/2022 at 3:36 PM, AC Benus said:

spacer.png

"...staying calm in an emergency (and doing what comes natural)."

The air marshal caught a stowaway, and since the stowaway didn't have a seat that he could strap himself into, the air marshal offered him something to hold onto to keep his body from being tossed around during the landing.  

• Haha 4

I just noticed that the instruction manual for the car repair shows the same position the two men are in. One could say that they were just following directions. :thumbup:

• Haha 5
36 minutes ago, Bill W said:

The air marshal caught a stowaway, and since the stowaway didn't have a seat that he could strap himself into, the air marshal offered him something to hold onto to keep his body from being tossed around during the landing.  

I hope he has good suction 

• Haha 4
29 minutes ago, Ron said:

I just noticed that the instruction manual for the car repair shows the same position the two men are in. One could say that they were just following directions. :thumbup:

So you're saying those boys can READ? 

Edited by AC Benus
  • Haha 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1
1 hour ago, AC Benus said:

So you're saying those boys can READ? 

Reading improves comprehension! ;)

But, no, I'm not saying they can read.

@Mancunian has it right, you just need pictures; diagrams or line drawings work equally well. :thumbup:

• Haha 4
On 7/11/2022 at 11:14 PM, Mancunian said:

I just remember looking at those magazines under the bedclothes at night using a fleshlight...erm flashlight, or it could be both 🤣

car repair magazines?! :unsure: :lol:

• Haha 3
10 hours ago, Mancunian said:

only the ones with the grease covered hunky mechanics lol😜

When in college, a friend who was a vehicle mechanic was looking at a magazine rack in a store, and pointed to a picture of a very "chesty" female supposedly replacing something on a vehicle, and said, "I'd like to see her be able to change out that [whatever it was] with a crescent wrench!  She would need at least a [tool whose name I can't remember]!"

Edited by ReaderPaul
  • Haha 4
7 hours ago, Bill W said:

I'm afraid this might not be obvious to some of our younger members who weren't around when there were floppy disks in the first place, let alone when users were upgrading to hard disks.  I still have a stack of unused hard disks in a cabinet...  lol 

Yes, indeed, the first storage discs were indeed floppy. And much bigger than the hard-cased "floppies" that replaced them. These larger, original floppies I think emerged around the time IBM started loading MS programs on their consumer-grade personal computers, so that would be circa 1980 I guess.

Correction: wiki says IBM brought out the original floppy in 1971!

spacer.png 

Edited by AC Benus
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, AC Benus said:

Yes, indeed, the first storage discs were indeed floppy. And much bigger than the hard-cased "floppies" that replaced them. These larger, original floppies I think emerged around the time IBM started loading MS programs on their consumer-grade personal computers, so that would be circa 1980 I guess.

Correction: wiki says IBM brought out the original floppy in 1971!

spacer.png 

I remember using all three sizes displayed here. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Parker Owens said:

I remember using all three sizes displayed here. 

the bigger the better

not so much, here… :gikkle:

Edited by Zombie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
12 hours ago, Ron said:

Oh, it's come to this... sad metaphors. :gikkle:

the staple of UK comedy routines has always been double meanings - pantos are basically just a succession of very rude double entendres and audiences love ‘em :gikkle:

BBC radio comedy shows in the 50s and 60s were outrageous* :funny: with jokes that would never have been allowed (gay sex was illegal then) but wrapped up in seemingly innocuous words they got away with sheer filth :lol:

One long running radio show started in 1972 called I’m Sorry I Haven’t A Clue is still going 50 years later. Two of the fictional characters called Samantha and Sven are always doing various things which on one level are perfectly innocent but those with a dirty mind (that’s everyone :P) knows they’re not… 

Edited by Zombie
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, Ron said:

Sorry, @Zombie it’s just far too long for me.

I wasn’t expecting anyone to play the whole thing :o because it’s just clips of the Samantha + Sven running gags (basically they’re all the same) extracted from 20 odd years of shows and maybe listen to a minute or two to understand that @Mancunian’s post was using the same gag routine (“metaphors” generally aren’t gag related).

Essentially it’s the same gag all the time but that’s what we laugh at over here in the UK :funny:  What’s interesting, though, is that at the very same time these double meaning gay gags (which weren’t cruel) were running on family radio shows in the 50s and 60s, homosexuals were being arrested, prosecuted and locked up for years. It seems likely that these much loved radio shows assisted in changing public attitudes in Britain and helped bring about the partial decriminalisation of homosexuality in England and Wales in 1967 :) 

Edited by Zombie
  • Like 3