Last Post Wins, #51

1 minute ago, Philippe said:

Now you’re getting complicated if truly sating a craving: try white cheese inside then set the temp a little lower, sprinkle yellow cedar with the butter in the skillet, then quickly added the sandwich to be grilled. The oils of the yellow allow less butter also but allow it to brown...usually you can tell by the odd sprinkles or the edges leaking a little; so double cheese, inside and out!

Do you know how much money you would make if you opened up a restaurant in Kentucky? Even a food truck? Just say the word 'cheese' and we'll put down our banjos and come running.

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, Wesley8890 said:

Oys is 143 in the morning! Ans i want a grilled cheese! Guess these cheez its will have to do

You just reminded me I have two family-sized boxes of white cheddar Cheez-Its in my pantry...thank you!

Just now, Wesley8890 said:

I dont think ive ever seen a food truck in my area...

What The Fuck Wtf GIF

What? WHAAAAT??? For shame...call your state representative and let'em have it!

• Haha 2

Glad i could be of assistance! Theyll do in a pinch. Tomorrow i think i might make a tuna croquette....

*Google searches*

...that's the same as a tuna-swapped salmon/mackerel patty. What kind of southerner are you for using such a phancy and sofisticated term like that fer...

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
Just now, astone2292 said:

*Google searches*

...that's the same as a tuna-swapped salmon/mackerel patty. What kind of southerner are you for using such a phancy and sofisticated term like that fer...

Ok my question is if you eat salmon patties. What condiment do you use?

Ok so it sounds totally weird but try it with biscuits and syrup. Sounds insane but trust me. It is amazing

john cena mind blown GIF

There is no trust involved. All you needed to say was biscuit...

• Haha 2

Can i just say i am happy theres another southerner who understands me?

skipping best friends GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Well, I'm tecnically a mid-westerner, but we always liked being grouped in with the southerners. All we need now is @Philippe's food truck business to take off...

• Haha 3
Just now, Philippe said:

Salmon patties with syrup, scrambled eggs, biscuits and GRITS

200.gif

Gonna pump the brakes on grits... I'll take everything else...but not that abomination puddle of mystery. #notatruesoutherner

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, astone2292 said:

skipping best friends GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Well, I'm tecnically a mid-westerner, but we always liked being grouped in with the southerners. All we need now is @Philippe's food truck business to take off...

You ain’t even mentioned my favorites of shrimp and grits, jambalaya, gumbo, and red beans, sausage and rice ; most all go well with cornbread! 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Philippe said:

You ain’t even mentioned my favorites of shrimp and grits, jambalaya, gumbo, and red beans, sausage and rice ; most all go well with cornbread! 

I'll take everything you just said with a double helping of cornbread...but if I see one glob of grits, I'm out. No amount of cheese will fix it for me...

• Haha 2

I’ve had people call it that but it is usually a failure to understand proper salt and water for the critical cook time of the perfect grits. Trust me, I’ve had grits cooked by a yankee, and there is no doubt in my mind why so many of them hate them; yuck, that’s fricking glue!

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, astone2292 said:

I'll take everything you just said with a double helping of cornbread...but if I see one glob of grits, I'm out. No amount of cheese will fix it for me...

Now listen child. They aints nothing wrong with grits. You dont like them wet. Make a batch, let them sit until stiff coat them in some flour and fry it! Redneck polenta cakes!

Edited by Wesley8890
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, Philippe said:

I’ve had people call it that but it is usually a failure to understand proper salt and water for the critical cook time of the perfect grits. Trust me, I’ve had grits cooked by a yankee, and there is no doubt in my mind why so many of them hate them; yuck, that’s fricking glue!

Now listen child. They aints nothing wrong with grits. You dont like them wet. Make a batch, let them sit coat them in some flour and fry it! Redneck polenta cakes!

Awkward Peace Out GIF by swerk

Nope. Nopenopenope. No grits. I'm standing firm on this one. I let the gravy go by, and the mustard wasn't even mentioned, but nope! They're called...grits...that's its name! I'd rather eat the hardtack crackers again our 8th grade Home-Ec teacher forced us to make during Civil War week...as if that needed to exist in my education.

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, astone2292 said:

Awkward Peace Out GIF by swerk

Nope. Nopenopenope. No grits. I'm standing firm on this one. I let the gravy go by, and the mustard wasn't even mentioned, but nope! They're called...grits...that's its name! I'd rather eat the hardtack crackers again our 8th grade Home-Ec teacher forced us to make during Civil War week...as if that needed to exist in my education.

Have you ever had polenta?

Have you ever had polenta?

Well...considering I just Googled it...nope. Sir, I was raised in Southern Indiana by a pack of wild Boy Scout ninjas. All I've ever been fed before going to college was Dinty Moore Beef Stew.

• Haha 1