Last Post Wins, #51

hot mess i give up GIF

Like, this is a conversation I have once a week. It's just something I can't like. I tried the beer method (keep drinking it until you like it), but I blame elementary school for serving their..."version" of Salisbury steak with runny brown goo.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, astone2292 said:

hot mess i give up GIF

Like, this is a conversation I have once a week. It's just something I can't like. I tried the beer method (keep drinking it until you like it), but I blame elementary school for serving their..."version" of Salisbury steak with runny brown goo.

How dare you disrespect the brown goo!!! I must take leave before i say something out of turn

Ps hate beer. The smell turned me off before i even tasted it

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, astone2292 said:

hot mess i give up GIF

time gravy GIF

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

How dare you disrespect the brown goo!!! I must take leave before i say something out of turn

Ps hate beer. The smell turned me off before i even tasted it

I meant no disrespect to the power of gravy, just my school's attempt of making it. I understand the versatility and numerous ways to drizzle, glob, and guzzle it. Just....not for me. It's like those weirdos that don't like ham. 

You're not supposed to smell it. It's for chugging! 

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

Ok who the hell doesnt like ham? Thats like not likimg bacon. Or ice cream. Or bologna. God i love bologna

Now you're speaking my language! Love me some bologna! Get it nice and thick from the deli for some fried bologna sandwiches!

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, astone2292 said:

Now you're speaking my language! Love me some bologna! Get it nice and thick from the deli for some fried bologna sandwiches!

You are back in my good graces. Oh my god a fried bologna sandwhich is the best.i like just a bit of mustard on mine.

• Like 1

Sometimes, I'll become a rabbit and throw some lettuce and a "tomater slice." I like mayo too, but I'm fancy. A local restaurant has a garlicky mayo they use on their burgers, and we sell something similar at my store. You best believe I'm putting it on everything sandwich-related...

• Haha 1
41 minutes ago, astone2292 said:

Sometimes, I'll become a rabbit and throw some lettuce and a "tomater slice." I like mayo too, but I'm fancy. A local restaurant has a garlicky mayo they use on their burgers, and we sell something similar at my store. You best believe I'm putting it on everything sandwich-related...

Lettuce, mater, dill hamburger slices, garlic Mayo & a dab mustard with thick country slice bologna on white bread sandwich.

or

lightly toasted white bread, grilled thick country slice bologna, garlic Mayo & a little tabasco sauce

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Philippe said:

Lettuce, mater, dill hamburger slices, garlic Mayo & a dab mustard with thick country slice bologna on white bread sandwich.

or

lightly toasted white bread, grilled thick country slice bologna, garlic Mayo & a little tabasco sauce

Marry me?

• Haha 4
3 minutes ago, Philippe said:

or

I'm only slightly perturbed by the lack of a slice of American cheese, perhaps smoked gouda or muenster. I almost want to be cheeky and throw a few slices of crispy bacon on that. 

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, astone2292 said:

I'm only slightly perturbed by the lack of a slice of American cheese, perhaps smoked gouda or muenster. I almost want to be cheeky and throw a few slices of crispy bacon on that. 

American? Ooh if you werent already taken!!! And bacon. 

• Haha 3

Oh no, if cheese is used, first grill the bologna, then top with Swiss and oven broil until golden brown; then serve as the toasted sandwich of previous entry.

• Haha 2
Just now, Wesley8890 said:

American? Ooh if you werent already taken!!! And bacon. 

You'll have to fight @NFields1608....

I'm forced to mentally debate myself between choosing yellow or white American cheese for the bologna sandwich. Yellow is traditional, but white is superior in my personal opinion...

1 minute ago, Philippe said:

Oh no, if cheese is used, first grill the bologna, then top with Swiss and oven broil until golden brown; then serve as the toasted sandwich of previous entry.

My....God...

Change that to Baby Swiss and I'll be droolin'. Oven broiling a sandwich?! I've always been a simple man, but my interest has been piqued. 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, astone2292 said:

I'm forced to mentally debate myself between choosing yellow or white American cheese for the bologna sandwich. Yellow is traditional, but white is superior in my personal opinion...

My....God...

Change that to Baby Swiss and I'll be droolin'. Oven broiling a sandwich?! I've always been a simple man, but my interest has been piqued. 

Ooh yes white cheese is better.

Oven broiling is amazing. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, astone2292 said:

My....God...

It’s a southern hot melt! Hahaha

For my sandwiches; yellow on beef, white on chicken or turkey

casseroles, pastas, and Mexican can vary  

Just now, Philippe said:

No it's a redneck monte cristo! (Which is basically from what ive seen just a grilled ham and cheese.)

• Haha 2
Just now, Philippe said:

Change my craving from grilled cheese to a KY Hot Brown. Oooooh...I need that in my life right now.

I appreciate that rule of cheeses per meat variety. I tend to base it on current palette cravings. Sometimes I want creamy, and sometimes I want sharp. But most of the time, it's creamy. Love making a grilled cheese with a fat slice of Muenster, just letting the cheese melt outside the bread, creating large cheese crispies around the whole sandwich...forget the hot brown, I'm making a grilled cheese.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, astone2292 said:

My....God...

Now I have a craving for a grilled cheese... Good thing I stocked up on gouda before the ice storm! 

Now you’re getting complicated if truly sating a craving: try white cheese inside then set the temp a little lower, sprinkle yellow cedar with the butter in the skillet, then quickly added the sandwich to be grilled. The oils of the yellow allow less butter also but allow it to brown...usually you can tell by the odd sprinkles or the edges leaking a little; so double cheese, inside and out!

• Love 1