Last Post Wins, #51

• Site Administrator

:yawn:  Man, I have to get up early for a dentist appointment, but I can't go back to sleep just yet!  I may not be a southerner, but y'all know how to cook!  So short version... white cheese, mustard (especially horseradish mustard), fried bologna--hell yeah!, hot brown, grilled cheese--yum!, grits are okay if made in the south, ham and bacon are two of the best things on earth, and pecan pie.... drrooooooollll  I have two words for southern cooking... Waffle House.  

:joe:  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Valkyrie said:

:yawn:  Man, I have to get up early for a dentist appointment, but I can't go back to sleep just yet!  I may not be a southerner, but y'all know how to cook!  So short version... white cheese, mustard (especially horseradish mustard), fried bologna--hell yeah!, hot brown, grilled cheese--yum!, grits are okay if made in the south, ham and bacon are two of the best things on earth, and pecan pie.... drrooooooollll  I have two words for southern cooking... Waffle House.  

Cant do anything horseradish. Nope. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

Aint nothing wrong with mustard! Now ground mustard is a different story. First off tastes nothing like mustard. Second what the hell do i do with it?!?!

I stock the mustards in my store frequently. I look at all the different varieties as little specimen jars. Spicy Brown, Dijon, Country Dijon, Horseradish mustard, Stone Ground. *inhales* Organic?! 

5 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

I have two words for southern cooking... Waffle House.  

This...hurt me. Waffle House is not southern cookin'. I'd rather call Cracker Barrel southern cooking, and I know they don't do it proper neither. All they have going for them is their Sunday Boneless Fried Chicken (absolutely gargantuan, by the way) and their hashbrown casserole.

2 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Oh and how could I forget gravy... gravy is the elixir of life... :joe:  

200.gif

Oh, not this again...

Edited by astone2292
oopsie daisies
  • Wow 1
  • Site Administrator
4 minutes ago, astone2292 said:

I stock the mustards in my store frequently. I look at all the different varieties as little specimen jars. Spicy Brown, Dijon, Country Dijon, Horseradish mustard, Stone Ground. *inhales* Organic?! 

This...hurt me. Waffle House is not southern cookin'. I'd rather call Cracker Barrel southern cooking, and I know they don't do it proper neither. All they have going for them is their Sunday Boneless Fried Chicken (absolute gargantuan, by the way) and their hashbrown casserole.

Oh, not this again...

No offense intended :hug: I used to spend a week in Lexington in every summer and loved Waffle House breakfasts.  Maybe it's not true southern food, but damn they do breakfast good!  And I agree with you about Cracker Barrell.  :joe: 

Edited by Valkyrie
spelling not gud at 3:20 am
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

No offense indented :hug: I used to spend a week in Lexington in every summer and loved Waffle House breakfasts.  Maybe it's not true southern food, but damn they do breakfast good!  And I agree with you about Cracker Barrell.  :joe: 

All of our Waffle Houses are gone from our town, and we had three of them! Just one day, poof! Gone!

Now we have Denny's and Huddle House, and we all know which one is better...right??

I would order more Cracker Barrel if I wasn't so scared the entire building would burn down with their roaring fireplace in the completely wooden building.

Edited by astone2292
I just changed one letter! Don't panic!!!
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Wesley8890 said:

Youre an honorary soutjerner

Yes! An honorary southerner. Unfortunately, there aren't many frozen places for a penguin to live in, so we'll keep you in the beer caves across town.

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, astone2292 said:

Yes! An honorary southerner. Unfortunately, there aren't many frozen places for a penguin to live in, so we'll keep you in the beer caves across town.

Ypu know if you think about it alaska acts pretty southern. She could stay there

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1
  • Site Administrator
2 minutes ago, astone2292 said:

All of our Waffle Houses are gone from our town, and we had three of them! Just one day, poof! Gone!

Now we have Denny's and Huddle House, and we all know which one is better...right??

I would order more Cracker Barrel is I wasn't so scared the entire building would burn down with their roaring fireplace in the completely wooden building.

I'm not familiar with Huddle House, but even so, I will say it has to be better than Denny's :puke:  I don't know if you have Perkins or not, but I loooovee Perkins!  Cracker Barrell is good, but not on the top of my list.  I tend to prefer non-chain restaurants.  :joe:  

• Love 1

Ypu know if you think about it alaska acts pretty southern. She could stay there

...But that's so far away! Also, Sarah Palin is there. She might mistake Val for a wolf or something when the politician goes huntin'.

• Wow 1
  • Site Administrator
4 minutes ago, astone2292 said:

2 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

There are tropical penguins, although I will admit to not doing well in hot weather.  So I'll be an honorary southerner in the summer and visit y'all in the winter :) :hug: :joe:  

• Love 2
  • Site Administrator

Right. She can live in the old box freezer i got. Just have to get the srockpile of blackeyed peas and porkchops out. Ill leave the fish though

You can leave the pork chops too :)  :joe:  

• Haha 3
7 minutes ago, astone2292 said:

I would order more Cracker Barrel if I wasn't so scared the entire building would burn down with their roaring fireplace in the completely wooden building.

HuddLe house is better. Where i went after prom. My date ordered chicken wings. Seeing as it was 1 in the morning i ordered bacon sausage, eggs, hash Brown's, and grits.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Valkyrie said:

I'm not familiar with Huddle House, but even so, I will say it has to be better than Denny's :puke:  I don't know if you have Perkins or not, but I loooovee Perkins!  Cracker Barrell is good, but not on the top of my list.  I tend to prefer non-chain restaurants.  :joe:  

I only go to Denny's for their pancakes. They have Huddle House beat, hands down. Have never heard of Perkins, but I need one in this town from the online menu I just looked at. Love me some mom and pop restaurants. We have a place called Dee's Diner...literal pancakes the size of your car's hubcaps. 

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

Aint nothing wrong with mustard! Now ground mustard is a different story. First off tastes nothing like mustard. Second what the hell do i do with it?!?!

Is that what works good to keep the deer from eating your saplings?

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Philippe said:

Is that what works good to keep the deer from eating your saplings?

I was going to suggest something, but then I remembered I'm writing a story about a deer shapeshifter...so let's go with mustard on this one...

• Haha 2
  • Site Administrator
1 minute ago, astone2292 said:

I only go to Denny's for their pancakes. They have Huddle House beat, hands down. Have never heard of Perkins, but I need one in this town from the online menu I just looked at. Love me some mom and pop restaurants. We have a place called Dee's Diner...literal pancakes the size of your car's hubcaps. 

Sounds like The Pancake House here.  OMG their pancakes are better than any Perkins, Waffle House, or Denny's I've ever been to!  Maybe you have a good Denny's, but all the ones I've ever been to have had subpar pancakes and eggs.  How do you screw up breakfast?  :facepalm:  The Pancake House also makes omelets the size of the plate.  Oh sooooo gooood.  Man now I want breakfast!  I really need to get to sleep, but now I'm wide awake :unsure:  🥞  :joe: 

5 minutes ago, astone2292 said:

That a bridal pancake! Is there a cutting photo that comes with that?

Just now, Valkyrie said:

Sounds like The Pancake House here.  OMG their pancakes are better than any Perkins, Waffle House, or Denny's I've ever been to!  Maybe you have a good Denny's, but all the ones I've ever been to have had subpar pancakes and eggs.  How do you screw up breakfast?  :facepalm:  The Pancake House also makes omelets the size of the plate.  Oh sooooo gooood.  Man now I want breakfast!  I really need to get to sleep, but now I'm wide awake :unsure:  🥞  :joe: 

I think our Denny's and Huddle House's are swapped. Denny's is far superior in Kentucky. Our Huddle House is the size of a Subway. It is both rinky and dinky. 

Just now, Philippe said:

That a bridal pancake! Is there a cutting photo that comes with that?

I will see about sending a photo...but my max size for file sending is 1.39 KB and I don't think that's gonna cut it...

• Haha 2