[DomLuka] In the Fish Bowl 14 posted

Wow, Dom. Thank you very much for this fast posting. This chapter is much more exciting than the 13. I think that we will see a great discussion between Kyle and Travis (If Kyle pays the bill, Travis will feel this like charity, and this will bother much to him). Another item: the Travis-Dennis couple begins to be very interesting, although Dennis needs to relax

OMG OMG OMG SQUEAL SQUEAL SQUEAL SQUEAL SQUEAL!!!!!

THAT FRICKIN' ROCKED!!

TADITE TADITE TADITE TADITE!

wow... definately made up for the druaght of Tadite or character interaction in the last one...

Thank you Dom for posting twice in a week! You ROCK! :2thumbs:

Wow, Dom. Thank you very much for this fast posting. This chapter is much more exciting than the 13. I think that we will see a great discussion between Kyle and Travis (If Kyle pays the bill, Travis will feel this like charity, and this will bother much to him). Another item: the Travis-Dennis couple begins to be very interesting, although Dennis needs to relax
Edited by MikeL
Ryan is still the good guy; hope his generosity doesn't get him into trouble. At least Travis' hard earned money isn't going to some sleazy lawyer.

I think you mean Kyle. And I don't think he's being a good guy. I find him overbearing, at best, and sneaky, at worst. It's just plain tacky to open someone's mail. And if that's not bad enough, he immediately runs to the Nursing Home trying to weasel information that he knows is going to irritate the hell out of Travis. Not my idea of a friend. :thumbdown:

Sharon

I think you mean Kyle. And I don't think he's being a good guy. I find him overbearing, at best, and sneaky, at worst. It's just plain tacky to open someone's mail. And if that's not bad enough, he immediately runs to the Nursing Home trying to weasel information that he knows is going to irritate the hell out of Travis. Not my idea of a friend. :thumbdown:

Sharon

You are correct; it is Kyle. Now that I realize it isn't Ryan, I agree that his actions are overbearing, sneaky, tacky, and irritating.

Ryan is still the good guy.

I've got it.. the bully foster father is not dead... he's the one in the hospital. The only two people allowed is the wife and Travis. Travis feels it's his responsibility to clean his brother's mess and is doing so.

Ok long shot there but I wanted to throw it out there for pure entertainment value... if it turns out true... I'll be worried too hehehe

I've got it.. the bully foster father is not dead... he's the one in the hospital. The only two people allowed is the wife and Travis. Travis feels it's his responsibility to clean his brother's mess and is doing so.

Ok long shot there but I wanted to throw it out there for pure entertainment value... if it turns out true... I'll be worried too hehehe

Knowing Dom (He likes surprises like that), this one could be a good supposition, but...

I

Yeh totally.

And because Travis wouldn't be so unreasonably nice as to take care of an awful foster father there must be reason. My theory is that paying for his care is what is keeping Allen out of trouble... If he stops paying then the father will point to Allen, which he is admittedly a bit scared to do cos Allen would go 'but hey... didnt you abuse the hell out of me..."

Oh maaaaaaaaan..! Travis & Dennis!! :worship: been waiting for that! :2thumbs: hehehe, especially since this time Dennis actually threw caution to the wind and kissed back. Y'know, the way DOm wrote the scene down? It's, for me, erotic. Not romantic but erotic! :music: Hehehehe :)

As for Kyle....I don't know wether to be mad or applaud him. I mean, on one hand it's none of his business trying to figure out things about Travis when Travis didn't want him to. On the other hand though...how many people you know would go through what Kyle does because he wants to help? I'm conflicting here....

Wonder who's at the nursing home? I have my guesses but I think I'll hold it for now. BTW has someone told DOm that he should be publishing his stories? They're so DAMN GOOD! :2thumbs:

Cheers!

Rad

Oh maaaaaaaaan..! Travis & Dennis!! :worship: been waiting for that! :2thumbs: hehehe, especially since this time Dennis actually threw caution to the wind and kissed back. Y'know, the way DOm wrote the scene down? It's, for me, erotic. Not romantic but erotic! :music: Hehehehe :)

As for Kyle....I don't know wether to be mad or applaud him. I mean, on one hand it's none of his business trying to figure out things about Travis when Travis didn't want him to. On the other hand though...how many people you know would go through what Kyle does because he wants to help? I'm conflicting here....

Wonder who's at the nursing home? I have my guesses but I think I'll hold it for now. BTW has someone told DOm that he should be publishing his stories? They're so DAMN GOOD! :2thumbs:

Cheers!

Rad

Conflicting is normally conjugated with the verb to have, not the verb to be.

Edited by bodgy
Conflicting is normally conjugated with the verb to have, not the verb to be.

Of course, conjugating any verb (in English, at least) in a present gerundial tense using the auxiliary verb 'to have' would be a remarkable feat indeed.

You sound just like my english teacher... :read: are you one? ;)

No, I just decided today is going to be my WONG day! :2hands: That is, War On Grandma, or if one prefers, War On Grammar.

Lapsus Lingue

Edited by bodgy
Of course, conjugating any verb (in English, at least) in a present gerundial tense using the auxiliary verb 'to have' would be a remarkable feat indeed.

You carry your grammatical sense well. I quite like the French phrase ' a faire de train' (I apologise, my keyboard doesn't easily have access to accutes or umlauts etc)

Now let's all chant the verb, To Was'ing :2thumbs:

Edited by bodgy
I think you mean 'en train de faire' :P (I spent a year in France)

I think you are correct, or, jeg synes de er riktig nok! I won't bother attempting Spanish, it and French were so long ago.

I think you are correct, or, jeg synes de er riktig nok! I won't bother attempting Spanish, it and French were so long ago.

Oui, "en train de faire" est correcte. C'est la methode la plus proche a l'usage du "gerrund" en anglais pour communiquer quelque chose qui se passe maintenant, car il n'y a qu'une facon vrai, en francais, de faire le present, meme si on utilize trois en anglais, avec des significations subtilement differents (par exemple, "I eat," "I do eat," "I am eating"). Aussi, je m'excuse pour l'absence des accents dans ce qui precede, mais c'est presque quatre heurs du matin, ici, et je suis trop fatigue et paresseux pour m'en occuper.

Anyway, enough French: as for the whole thing about "conflicting," "I'm conflicting" clearly doesn't make sense, but either "I'm conflicted" or "I have conflicting feelings" would be fine. In both cases, though, "conflict[ed/ing]" functions as an adjective, not a verb, so conjugating doesn't enter into it. Adjectives can't be conjugated, to my knowledge.

Also, awesome chapter.

Andrew

I'm going to try an pull this back from becoming the grammar thread 0:)

I really liked seeing Dennis kiss Travis back but I'm waiting either for Dennis to decide he's not worthy (I think we're going to see Dennis become a hero of sorts by the time the story has concluded) or Travis to freak out when he figures out that Dennis won't see things as simple flirting or casual... now we just have to wait for the next chapter to arrive!

Steve