Jump to content
Last Call for Anthology Stories! ×

Cia

Site Administrator
  • Posts

    16,697
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Cia

  1. Cia

    Big Pharma got me

    I take 2 blood pressure pills a day and a multi-vitamin, plus oh 2-4 arthritis pills on average all fall/winter/spring. I'm 28. Count your blessings, I've had one of those little daily pill keeps for years! LOL
  2. I've never heard of AdamP Nice to have met you Mark, hope we talk again! Going to go your stuff now, cause I'm curious now!
  3. Hope it's a good one Martin!!
  4. I don't really have a 'team' but there are those who listen to my ideas, encourage me, talk to me about writing and are just there for me in general. Lugh, Nephy, Sam, Paya, thank you! I never would have posted any stories without you guys. To those who review and comment in my stories, a huge thanks! I try to respond to everyone to let them know how much I appreciate it but it is always a huge bright spot in my day when I get feedback. It keeps me enthused about writing to know others are reading and actually care to take the time to comment! Also for those who let me beta-read or edit for them, Thanks! I really do enjoy reading immensely and getting to be a part of the creative process for others has been a very special experience! And last but certainly not least!! All the admin/mods here at GA that keep things going!! You guys work behind the scenes but without you none of us would have this wonderful place to post, read and meet with like minded people! Thank you!!
  5. LOL... not even beginning to touch this one!
  6. For my Lughbert With hugs from Cia
  7. Cia

    Life changes

    I was 16 whenI met my husband so I never told most of my family that I was bi. My father would be probably kill me even now if I were to tell him, he's a great man at times but very close-minded about certain things when it comes to "his daughters". Sigh... anyhow, only you know your family and what is best for you. Can you tell your siblings and not your parents? Do you want to keep part of your life compartmentalized from them, at least until and unless you need to share it with them? No matter what happens, good luck! Good thoughts wing your way for a successful weekend.
  8. Yay!!
  9. Awww, look at you all smoochie-face, lol! Nice
  10. I'm with Nephy. I can look and see the attractive nature of younger guys but they don't really interest me other than that. I have always liked older rather than younger when looking at men who could interest me mind and body. That being said, I can understand what you mean. I shouldn't feel old at 28 but when you consider life experience I'm much older Those late teens and early 20 somethings just make me go, man... I'm aging. How unfun is that?
  11. I hear you on the cold and anti-computer vibe. When your head is congested the last thing on your mind is being creative. Feel better soon!!
  12. Being in medical limbo or feeling old at a young age truly sucks. Been there so I feel for you. That being said you managed to get across your utter misery, your frustration, thoughts you're just not sure of and you STILL made me laugh. "Can somebody tell me what the hell a Justin Bieber is?" LMAO Oh heavens, that was great! I'm a stay at home mom with 2 kids, but luckily no pre-teens yet and I don't watch the View, so I guess I'm safe Hope you feel better soon!
  13. Must find more of your writing, you tell a good tale! LOL, sitting here sick as a dog, miserable as hell and I'm now laughing. Cause you know what?? I've been there. Of course I totaled my truck, almost went over a rocky butte and died, got some minor injuries but ones that hurt like hell. The cop asks me, why are your eyes red? It's like, duh, dumbass I've been crying and how about you shine that freaking flashlight somewhere else now that I'm blind and rubbing my eyes to make them redder. Thank goodness my Uncle and his best friend were on the fire truck that responded to the incident, kept the guy the hell away from me, cause I don't have your restraint, I was downright rude to him. Course, I got a $512 ticket too, you'd be cranky too! And LMAO, he sooo had that haircut.
  14. Cia

    Right to Die

    When a family member had a major life ending heartattack the entire family supported the decision to pull the plug. The doctors waited a few days for certain legal paperwork issues but were quite supportive of everyone's choice. But then again, a lot of us have worked in the medical field and know that just because the body is still working on machines it doesn't mean that person is still "alive". I am quite adamant about never wanting to be kept alive on a machine, that is not a life imo. I will sign whatever paperwork I have to, make whatever choices I must to prevent my loved ones from having to do so for me. It's called a living will, everyone should have one. The right to die is a personal choice, I want it on my terms if it is possible. No one else should have the right to say yea or nay for me. I fully support assisted suicide being legal. I've seen patients who are able to feel pain and only pain, kept alive by tubes of food and fluids, tubes there to take away waste, tubes keeping them breathing... it's inhumane in so many ways. No thank you!
  15. Cia

    First ENTRY.

    I always enjoy stuff from you, blog away Mister!
  16. I loved school but not the kids. I got great grades, had one best friend who was by my side from grade one til high school when she moved. I was tormented for my hair color, glasses, having a eidetic memory, being able to beat up on the boys... you name it, I got it, lol. But by the time I was in high school it was different, I still kept my school stuff separate from my party stuff but by then I had a system in place. Took classes with the popular people and they used to copy my work so they left me alone, tutored the jocks so they left me alone, was friends with the stoners and the teachers never knew my lunch time "habits" so they thought I was one of the reliable kids, I was good all around, lol. By my junior year I'd taken every hard class the school had to offer and was bored and ready to get the hell out of there so I graduated in the winter of my senior year and left. Went back once for my hs graduation ceremony and I've seen all of 3 of my classmates in over 10 years. Just the way I like it. Certainly not nostalgic for it.
  17. snickers... this makes me glad to be a woman!
  18. I loved TNG!
  19. I must add my thank you. This was my first anthology and Graeme found the ideal picture that fit my story to bring the setting to life, not to mention using the wonderful blue colors in the background. I have to say this experience has been a lot of fun, I'm looking forward to attempting more anthology stories in the future but that would not be the case without a great team putting a lot of work into the whole process. Great job guys!
  20. Cia

    New Avatar

    awww, that's perfect
  21. I want Isaac and Connor... they will most likely be my favorite two characters in Nephy's stories. Hmm...super handsome, both with accents, one a 'tough' guy....drool! River and Silver are a close 2nd though And for a single man in bed, Rix from It was a Monday by Lugh. A guy with purple hair? Oh yeah!!!
  22. I have many times in my life and I'm sorry, not even Walla Walla Sweet Onions can make that stuff palatable. Ewwww.
  23. I know, interesting title right? Got you in here to read this I bet Well, if you think this is about sex, ennnhh
  24. Too true, you would like to think that people are more enlightened than that, but it's just not the way we are hardwired. There is a fascination in the human race that simply will feels the need to rank themselves, by physicality, brain power, money, influence...even children do it. Look at the way they pick each other for teams, it's a clear social ranking that begins from a young age. And Nephy...we lubbs ya anyhow. The concept of a closed system seems quite impossible, not with the way all life is interconnected, even if you disregard the 'magical' bit. Oh, and I think that honestly skin color to determine race is not entirely accurate. There are well proven anatomical differences in the way different 'races' have a different bone structure and even are prone to contract diseases differently and have them progress differently. Perhaps that is why people who are in a region of the world that in one way would not be considered 'caucasian' are classified that way.
×
×
  • Create New...