Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 803 Words
  • 1,888 Views
  • 11 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Warning. Chapter 1 contains sexual acts between minors

Biscotti - 11. Chapter 11

I was lost in my books when someone grabbed me. I was startled and jumped. Brad was laughing. I tried to hold him to tickle him for scaring me. It didn’t happen; he grabbed me and kissed me. That did it. I forgot about the tickling as I kissed him back.

“Scott, we need to talk.”

“Ok, sit here,” Once he sat down, I sat in his lap

“I talked to Ronnie. He told me what he did. That wasn’t right. I told him to go and apologize, did he?”

“Yes, we talked the other day. In a way, I understand where he’s coming from. The potential of having a scholarship is a strong motivator. You know I’ll do everything I can to help you get a scholarship.”

“But you need to save for school as well. Football scholarships are inclusive since they are an income source for the school. Your scholarship isn’t, and you need to have a reserve. Ronnie didn’t understand that till I pointed it out to him.”

“Ronnie knows about us.”

“Yes, he asked me after that day we went to lunch. I told him.”

“Are you ok with that?”

“Are you?”

To answer, I kissed him. “We still must be on our guard. Ronnie is a good friend, but not all of them may be accepting.”

“Scott, Brad, dinner is ready.”

“Come on, let’s wash up and see what the Italian offering is tonight.”

“I was trying to tell Mom what we had. I forgot the names.”

“Maybe if you are lucky, you will get another chance to have it again.”

I got a smile and a kiss for that. “Scott, you coming before the food gets cold?”

Coming to the table, they were all seated, waiting for us. I hugged Dad and proceeded to give Dad and Mom a hug. I looked at Brad. He pointed at a chair next to him.

I sat down when Mom brought in a large mixed salad. It looked good. I took a slice of bread and made a sandwich with the portion of salad I took. Brad looked at me. Mom and Dad are used to me doing this. I forgot we had company, but then it was too late. I offered a bite to Brad. He took a bite and smiled. I watched as he took a slice of bread and made a salad sandwich. I thought he’d be in heaven if he had homemade bread.

Mom outdid herself. We had gnocchi instead of potatoes, baked in a cheese sauce. She made stuffed pork chops, one of Dad’s favorite, and fresh green beans from Dad’s small garden. The food was good. I watched Brad eat. I smiled as he was enjoying dinner. “Scott, you need to learn how to make these.”

He was referring to the gnocchi. I didn’t tell him I already knew. For dessert, Mom made an apple pie with a very special crust. I watched Brad as he took his first bite, “Is it good?” He just bobbed his head up and down.

“You need to learn how to do this also.”

“Ok, just for you.” I saw Mom smiling. She knew I already knew how. When I was a kid, Mom taught me to cook. “You never know when you’ll need to know.” Nonna and Pa also taught me when I was there, so I had plenty of teachers.

“You have been invited to Sunday at Nonna and Pa’s. Make sure your mom and dad know.”

“I think I heard your mom say something like that to my dad. Are you sure it’s going to be ok? We aren’t part of the family.”

“You don’t understand what this means do you? This means that my grandparents have accepted you as my boyfriend and future husband. They are telling the rest of the family that they accept you and our relationship.”

“But what if the other families don’t accept me or our relationship.”

“As Pa says, their loss. He would probably ask them not to come back till they accept us.”

“Wow, I can hardly believe that.”

“Nonna talked to Mom after we met for lunch. When I came home from school, Mom was all smiles, and I knew they talked.”

“I love you, and you got to learn how to cook like that.”

“You are crazy. Want to stay the night and go with us?”

“I didn’t bring any clothes for tomorrow. But I will next week.”

The rest of the evening we spent in my room looking at various books. He would pick a book. I would tell him what that book was all about; he would open it and read a few pages. Then I would tell him more about the book and what I learned. We did this between kisses.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 22
  • Love 21
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Interesting chapter, so Ronnie made peace plus he accepted the. Without any problem the family get-together is going to be interesting

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Well, if that didn't put a lump in your throat I don't know what would! Often, society thinks of the old as stubborn and set in their way but with Nonna and Pa, they're setting an example for the rest of the family to follow - an amazing example - embracing the love between 2 people and supporting them in their journey together. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Great chapter. Brad is fully accepted by the family.

Yes, but we knew this was going to. happen.. Scott was a golden boy for his grandparents  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
1 minute ago, Chris L said:

Well, if that didn't put a lump in your throat I don't know what would! Often, society thinks of the old as stubborn and set in their way but with Nonna and Pa, they're setting an example for the rest of the family to follow - an amazing example - embracing the love between 2 people and supporting them in their journey together. 

As it should be. They may be old and from a different country. but it doesn't matter where we are our from, we experience the same biases. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I love Italian cooking and I'm falling for Scott, so can you loan him to this Brit to cook Sunday dinner for us? My man never tries unless it's frozen and has curry in it. 

Hey we're also fellow bookworms, so he'll have plenty to keep him happy.

Loving the story and the characters are magical as per normal :thankyou:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
22 minutes ago, Kev said:

I love Italian cooking and I'm falling for Scott, so can you loan him to this Brit to cook Sunday dinner for us? My man never tries unless it's frozen and has curry in it. 

Hey we're also fellow bookworms, so he'll have plenty to keep him happy.

Loving the story and the characters are magical as per normal :thankyou:

I was surprised at the change in the restaurants between the first time I visited England in 1981 and when I visited in 1996. There were more restaurants featuring Indian food. It was like the  English discovered a new taste. I am sure there are reputable Italian restaurants in England as well.  However, I’ll be glad to send you chicken and polenta in a spicy tomato sauce. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
4 hours ago, CLJobe said:

I was surprised at the change in the restaurants between the first time I visited England in 1981 and when I visited in 1996. There were more restaurants featuring Indian food. It was like the  English discovered a new taste. I am sure there are reputable Italian restaurants in England as well.  However, I’ll be glad to send you chicken and polenta in a spicy tomato sauce. 

Could you work that recipe into the story, I would love to make it...Yummm

  • Like 2
Link to comment
23 minutes ago, drsawzall said:

Could you work that recipe into the story, I would love to make it...Yummm

I can send you the recipe  or you can goggle it chicken cacciatore and polenta. It is an Italian favorite. You can also goggle biscotti. If you have a problem I’ll send it to you 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..