Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,207 Words
  • 1,884 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Warning. Chapter 1 contains sexual acts between minors

Biscotti - 12. Chapter 12

Sunday morning, I was anxious to get to Nonna and Pa’s house. Mom and Dad knew, so they took a little longer getting dressed. I would look at them, “Just a few minutes more, and then we’ll be ready.”

We left in plenty of time to get there before everyone else. I made a one stop. I bought some ice cream for Nonna.

As soon as we pulled into the driveway, I took the ice cream and put it in the freezer. Nonna saw what I had. After doing that, I got my hug, and she got her kiss. I was no sooner done with that when Pa was there with a small glass of wine.

“A special occasion requires a special glass of wine. Come with me.”

I followed him to his bedroom, “I want you to have this. This ring belonged to my great, great grandfather and has been handed down from father to son. I know you are not my son but my grandson. In many ways, you are more than a son. We share a lot, you help me with the gardening, no matter what I ask you to do, you do it with a smile and, most importantly, your Nonna loves you. You deserve this ring, keep it, and one day you can wear it with pride.”

I had tears in my eyes as I took the ring. It was beautiful, but the sentiment behind it meant more. I kissed the ring and put it into my pocket. I gave Pa a hug and a kiss on his cheek. He held up the glass of wine. We emptied it and then laughed.

With his arm over my shoulder, we went for a refill.

Mom looked at me as I held the glass of wine up. She smiled, and I saw the finger telling me to be careful. Soon my uncles started to arrive than the noise level rose. That meant a walk in the garden for Pa and me. Once everyone was there, the noise level died down a little. I was watching for a particular car. “Don’t worry, and they’ll be here. Better last than first.”

I put my arm around Pa. He smiled as we toasted each other. Then I saw the car. “There, go and greet them, then bring him in for a glass of wine.”

I walked over to the car at the same time Mom did. She took the adults to introduce to the family. I took Brad to the wine cellar to meet Pa.

He hugged Brad while handing him a glass of wine. Of course, he had to top mine off. I noticed Brad looking around. “Those are salamis, and those are sausages. Before you say it, Pa is going to show me this fall when he makes more.” Pa had a big smile on his face.

“I show you also. When we do this, it takes more than one person. Maybe we do it over Thanksgiving when you are here for several days.”

Before we could say anything more, my uncles came in for a glass of wine. I introduced Brad as the star football player at school. “I met your dad. He was at that school at the same time as Vic. I wonder if they knew each other?”

“When is Uncle Vic coming? Nona said he and Anita would be staying a few weeks.”

“I don’t know when he’s coming. Ask Nonna she knows.”

I did ask, and he was coming for the 4th of July. I was anxious to see him again. He and Mom were very close.

Monday morning, I woke with a headache, too much wine. The cold shower helped, along with just plain toast. Mom said to be careful about what I ate today. I put a small bottle of aspirin in my book bag.

Walking into school, I looked for Brad. I saw Ronnie at his locker but no Brad. I hope he wasn’t sick when I saw him struggling to walk down the hall toward his locker. He saw me and smiled. “Good morning, are you ok?”

“Yes, I’ll be ok. I’ll burn some of this alcohol off at practice today. Please be there.” I just nodded.

Morning classes were a total loss for me. After lunch, things were better and by the time football practice was to begin, I was over my headache and began to feel normal. I watched Brad work out, and I think that helped him as well. Practice went very well, Brad was back in form, but I promised no more than one glass of Pa’s wine.

I was able to make the second half of the games on Friday night. Dad helped by picking me up at the store and taking me directly to the game. Ronnie smiled as soon as he saw me. Brad played as he usually did when I was there. I was surprised to see all of the seniors put more effort into the game.

The last two weeks of school were when everything got hectic; Graduation rehearsals, yearbook distribution, and the football State Championship game.

Results; for the first time in several years, the football team brought home the championship cup. Yearbooks were filled with signatures, graduation was over, and we were ready to move on with our lives. Now, if only the scholarship letters would arrive.

Sunday at Nonna’s after graduation was like graduation all over. My Uncles and Aunts gave me cards with money in them. My older cousins just took me aside and put money in my shirt pocket, saying they were proud of me.

I didn’t sit around for too long. My hours at the supermarket changed to 7 to 3 five days a week, including Saturday, and my second job at the cabinet maker started at 5 to 11 with weekends off. Mom and Dad thought that was too much, but I need a cash reserve since I knew I wouldn’t be able to work like that when and if I started college.

Uncle Vic arrived with Anita on schedule. That Sunday, everyone was in a great mood. Tom, Brad’s dad, did play football with Uncle Vic. They must have spent the whole Sunday making up for lost time. Dad had to introduce Brad and brag on his football skills.

Dinner was very special, and then I realized these dishes were all Uncle Vic’s favorite. I sat beside Brad, and under the table, I would occasionally rub his leg. He would look at me and smile, and what I didn’t notice, Uncle Vic was watching us.

With dinner over, I told Nonna to go and visit with Uncle Vic. Brad and I would do the dishes. Mom came and asked if we needed help. We said no. “I hope you’ll be willing to do dishes at home.”

Dishes done, Brad and I went outside to sit on the steps. Some of the smaller kids came out as well and started to sit on Brad’s lap. He smiled as he whispered in their ear, then give them a hug and a kiss on the cheek. I thought he would make a great father. But unless we adopt, that won’t happen.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 22
  • Love 21
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

18 minutes ago, mikedup said:

Great get together by the family, nothing bad happened, I sense a bit of an undercurrent running around, I just wonder what is going to happen, he also has a lot of work on his plate

I think you will find their college experience interesting 

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Will Vic ask Scott about him and Brad, will Scott and Brad get there Scholarships? Hoping that comes in the next exciting chapter.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Love... Family... get togethers... I remember when I was real young there was a massive family do to celebrate Gran's birthday. People came form all around and yet the only thing that I can remember is sitting on a stool feeling so grown up ticking number off a bingo ticket. Trouble is as I reached down, I was so small I  ended flat on my face in front of every one. Needless to say I was the laughing stock and I still cringe at the thought of large get togethers.

Must admit that I love Pa though he sounds fun and I am interested in this ring that he gave our boy. It will be interesting to see what this uncle does.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Forgive me if this should be obvious @Chris L alluded to it in his comment. You haven't said one way or another is this the Vic from the other story?If it is then he's perfect for Scott and Brad to talk to since Vic grew up with a gay couple who were like his Uncles.

 

 

Edited by weinerdog
  • Like 2
Link to comment
12 hours ago, drsawzall said:

Be very interesting to see Uncle Vic's reaction, I bet it will be positive!

I think you are right

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
12 hours ago, James B. said:

Will Vic ask Scott about him and Brad, will Scott and Brad get there Scholarships? Hoping that comes in the next exciting chapter.

I am sorry can't answer that question. Stay tuned for the next chapter of...... I remember that from the old radio shows. They always left you at the most exciting point.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
12 hours ago, chris191070 said:

A great family get together. I think Vic will be positive of Brad and Scott.

I think you are right. I'd bet Vic and Scott get along very well.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
12 hours ago, Chris L said:

Seeing some of the extended family not included in the last story. This is awesome! So enjoying it! 

Thanks Chris, I hope you continue to enjoy this story

  • Like 2
Link to comment
10 hours ago, Kev said:

Love... Family... get togethers... I remember when I was real young there was a massive family do to celebrate Gran's birthday. People came form all around and yet the only thing that I can remember is sitting on a stool feeling so grown up ticking number off a bingo ticket. Trouble is as I reached down, I was so small I  ended flat on my face in front of every one. Needless to say I was the laughing stock and I still cringe at the thought of large get togethers.

Must admit that I love Pa though he sounds fun and I am interested in this ring that he gave our boy. It will be interesting to see what this uncle does.

The ring is an acceptance of everything Scott is. In sone way it is Pa making amends to his brother.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
9 hours ago, weinerdog said:

Forgive me if this should be obvious @Chris L alluded to it in his comment. You haven't said one way or another is this the Vic from the other story?If it is then he's perfect for Scott and Brad to talk to since Vic grew up with a gay couple who were like his Uncles.

 

 

No.  Actually, the Vic of this story is a different Vic. This story was written a few years before the other story that highlighted Tony

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..