Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 976 Words
  • 2,078 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Warning. Chapter 1 contains sexual acts between minors

Biscotti - 25. Chapter 25

We were met by both sets of parents. When my mom saw Angelina, it was love at first sight. I introduced her to our parents. I watched as mom spoke to her in Italian, she had a big smile on her face. I used the Italian terms for grandmother and grandfather. In the case of Brad’s parents, I used the terms in both languages. Angelina’s English lessons had begun.

We rested Saturday, well we tried to rest. Mom had a thousand questions, I showed her the pictures, told her about Eva. At Brad’s house, I did the same thing.

Saturday night Angelina slept with us in the library. Then she helped me at making breakfast, she put the cheese and bread out. I made eggs and bacon. I explained to her in America we eat other foods for breakfast besides cheese and bread. I rushed through our breakfast telling mom and dad I wanted to be at Nonna and Pa’s before the rest showed up. Mom dressed Angelina and made sure she had the pin on.

Driving to Nonna and Pa’s someone had a lot of questions. We had a three-way conversation going, Angelina would ask a question, I would translate for Brad, he would answer then I would translate for Angelina. It seemed silly, but both Brad and Angelina benefited from hearing it in Italian and English. I did decide while Angelina learned English, Brad will learn Italian.

Pulling into Pa’s driveway, I knew mom had called. Both he and Nonna came out to meet us. Nonna took one look at Angelina, I think she fell in love. Of course, we had to have a glass of wine, Angelina went with Nonna.

Over the wine, I showed them the pictures. Angelina sitting on Brad’s lap was describing the picture to them. When she said that was Aunt Eva, I watched a few tears in Nonna’s eyes. I didn’t think I had a lot of pictures but we spent a good hour looking at them. Of course, the stories that went with them were something else. When I showed Pa the picture of the men at the table, he laughed and it was as if I never left the village. He started to talk about each one as he remembered them. I started to laugh again as I told him what they said about him, of course, they had it all wrong, they were the instigators.

We barely got finished looking at the pictures when the rest of the family showed up. My cousins immediately cornered us and asked did we do it. I showed them my ring, they started to clap us on our backs. Of course, the rest wanted to know what all the noise was about. So I told them that Brad and I got married in Europe. When Pa heard, another glass of wine had to be drunk.

Angelina was fine with the kids. The language was no problem and soon she was running around with the rest. I heard one of my cousins call her Ange and soon everyone was calling her that, except our moms, Nonna and Pa. She also understood, ‘what’s your name’ she must have been asked that enough to understand what it meant.

So Brad started, what’s your name, she would say, Ange, he would say no, Angelina. Every time Brad saw her, he would say it again, then chase her and pick her up, he said she wanted a cuddle. I laughed, I knew the real reason. Brad was falling in love with our daughter and heaven help the boy who falls in love with her. He’ll go through a third-degree like no other. Brad was protective of those he loved, one of those traits I loved about him.

Because of the language, Angelina stayed with my mom and dad. I bought a folding cot for the library for her to sleep on. When we stayed at Brad’s she had her room, but many mornings I woke up with someone snuggled between Brad and me.

 

Brad resumed his football practices, I resumed my studies and mom took over teaching Angelina English. We varied houses for dinners depending on Brad’s schedule. Attendance at Brad’s home games was mandatory, according to Gene and Lou. Of course along with the biscotti we also took Angelina dressed as a Cincinnati Bengal fan. True to my ways, I sat where he could see me and Angelina.

I watched as the team came out on the field, they lined up for the National Anthem and then did the hand slap. That was when Brad looked up and saw us. He waved, “That’s PaPa” yelled Angelina. I told her to watch, Gene and Lou tried to explain the game to her. She knew soccer, but not football.

Half-time Brad snuck up to kiss us, and grab the biscotti.

Gene and Lou had bought us hot dogs and soda for Angelina, coffee for me, and beers for themselves.

The second half started with the Bengals losing by one touchdown. Brad look at us and held up two fingers. Gene looked at me, “He means they’ll win by two touchdowns.”

“No way, they are playing the number one Bowl contender.”

“Watch, you remember the power of the biscotti in the college games and add to that his daughter is watching.”

As it turned out, they did win by two touchdowns. Gene and Lou just laughed saying over and over, biscotti wins, biscotti wins.

We waited for Brad. I didn’t have a chance to get to him, Gene and Lou had him surrounded. Well, not enough for him to reach and lift Angelina.

On the way home, Angelina kept saying ‘good Papa, good’. I guessed mom would say good Angelina when she did her translation well.

Of course, Sunday’s talk was the football game.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 18
  • Love 17
  • Haha 5
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great win all around, Angelina has crept into everyone's hearts, biscotti wins at football again

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, chris191070 said:

It's great to see Angelina accepted and welcomed by the whole family.

She was accepted by Nonna and that was all it mattered to Scott, Brad was in love with his daughter, all is good.

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, weinerdog said:

What @chris191070said. It sounds like it's impossible not to fall in love with Angelina

She had captivated Brad's heart and everyone else's as well

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
40 minutes ago, mikedup said:

Great win all around, Angelina has crept into everyone's hearts, biscotti wins at football again

 

Yes, let's not forget Biscotti, they are great cookies, especially with coffee.  My all time favorite and they win football games 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
16 minutes ago, IBEX said:

The love they share is catching!

It is a nice feeling that I wish everyone had a chance to share 

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to comment

Love Angelina. The biscotti has a competitor for the affections of the team... ummm, I wonder who will win?? Good CL good. still loving the story.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Just now, Kev said:

Love Angelina. The biscotti has a competitor for the affections of the team... ummm, I wonder who will win?? Good CL good. still loving the story.

As Scott said, I pity the young man who falls for Amgelina. Hr's going to have to jump over hoops

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Holy moses, ‘good Papa, good’. If that didn't make Brad proud of his daughter, I don't know what would. Who am I kidding, you couldn't pry those 2 apart with a crowbar. I think each already thinks the other walks on water! 😂

  • Like 4
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Chris L said:

Holy moses, ‘good Papa, good’. If that didn't make Brad proud of his daughter, I don't know what would. Who am I kidding, you couldn't pry those 2 apart with a crowbar. I think each already thinks the other walks on water! 😂

You are right.  Brad seems like the type of guy one would say, what you see is what you get, a nice guy who loves with his whole heart, someone a person would cherish as a friend.  I think you have someone like that if I have read between the lines of your comments correctly.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Look out, they may have to go to a whole new level of making Biscotti now that Brad is in the pros!

Raven Symone Cooking GIF by The Animal Crackers Movie

  • Like 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, drsawzall said:

Look out, they may have to go to a whole new level of making Biscotti now that Brad is in the pros!

Raven Symone Cooking GIF by The Animal Crackers Movie

I think Scott will teach Brad how to make them since he likes them so well.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..