Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,217 Words
  • 2,271 Views
  • 23 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Warning. Chapter 1 contains sexual acts between minors

Biscotti - 8. Chapter 8

Soon, my cousins were there, and since the stone was hot, I joined them. Most of them just liked to play card games or sit around and talk. The younger ones wanted to play games like hiding and seek and wanted me to play as I knew the coolest places to hide.

Mom brought the bread up to bake. “Mom, could we build one of these at home?”

“Sure. You can build it and take care of it. I’ll teach you how to make bread, and then we can have stone-oven baked bread.”

I think she thought I was kidding, but I wasn’t. I checked some of my reference books, and I found a section on round ovens built by the early people in England. The trick was to get the right kind of stone. I knew before the summer was over, I would have an oven, and I knew who would help.

Dinner was great, and I knew I had overeaten again. After helping with the cleanup and getting my hugs, Dad drove us home.

Mom looked at me: “Too much wine? How much did you have?”

“When we got there, Pa had me taste his new wine. Then we went to clean out the oven, and I had a glass. After we started the new fire, I had my last glass. I hoped my uncles took care of the rest.”

“I told Nonna and Pa about you liking boys.”

“And?”

“He’s ok with it. I think he was a little upset with me that I was making a big deal out of it.”

“So, Nonna and Pa are ok with it. Did you ask about bringing Brad’s family next Sunday?”

“No, I didn’t. I’ll ask during the week.”

Well, I’m going to go there for lunch with Brad. I need to provide the food and let them know I’m coming with a friend.

 

Monday came, and, surprisingly, I had no headache. I mentioned that to Mom, and she said I hadn’t drunk that much. “Mom, it might be a good idea to invite Nona and Pa to dinner Saturday.”

I was a little on edge as I entered the school building. Not sure how the interaction was going to be when I’d see Brad. I shouldn’t have worried. I opened my locker, put some books in, and took my morning books out. As I closed the locker, I saw Ronnie and Brad with their female guards. Ronnie yelled, “Hi, Teach!” I waved back. Before I had a chance to move in the opposite direction, Ronnie was there with a smiling Brad.

“Brad said he didn’t know who ‘Teach’ was, so, Teach this is Brad – Brad, Teach. If you have any school problems, Teach is the one to help you.”

“Any time, guys. Ronnie, you can tell him how it works. Got to get to class, I’m on the top floor, and I don’t play football.”

I waved goodbye, smiling as I jogged to the third floor. The rest of the morning went as usual. One of the students asked if I could help him, and we agreed to have lunch together.

I got through the morning; now, I had to get through lunch. I waited outside the lunchroom for the student that needed help. Every once in a while, I would look into the lunchroom to see where Brad and the football team sat. I was going to head in the opposite direction.

“You ready? Do you have your book? Good - let’s get some lunch, and then we can see where you’re having problems.”

I went through the line, got a salad and a drink. Sitting at an empty table in the corner, I noticed he had brought his lunch but didn’t have anything to drink. “Take this. I wanted water and picked up the wrong bottle. No, seriously, take this: I’m going to get some water.”

“Ok, where are you having problems?”

For the rest of the lunch period, we worked on his problem. “OK. Now, remember: try and break it down into small bits. Don’t move on until you understand that bit. See how you do tonight, and we could meet again tomorrow.”

He smiled as he offered his hand, which I shook. I looked over at Ronnie, and he made a one in the air, laughing. I just shook my head and left to get my books for my next class, which just so happened to be with Ronnie, Brad, and a couple of other football players. This would be a test.

I was the first one in the class. My seat is the second in the row next to the windows. The football jocks generally sit toward the back and along the other wall. There was enough space between us, and hopefully, that would stay that way.

The class resumed, and everything went well. I relaxed - maybe we could pull this off.

I was so glad that school was over. That is when someone ran into me at my locker. I knew who it was without looking. He slipped a note into my locker. I quickly grabbed it and put it in my pocket. I took the books I needed and headed home. I was going to walk home when Dad asked if I wanted a ride. Brad was in the front seat. Looking around and not seeing anyone, I accepted the ride.

“Today was torture. I wanted to grab you so many times.”

“We only have four more months, and then we don’t have to worry about other people.”

“Have you had any more scouts checking you out at practice?”

“The coach told me that a scout would be at the game on Friday.”

“I work until seven that day. The game will be over by the time I’d get there.”

“Come anyway. I always play better when you’re there.”

“I’ll see. Maybe I could get my dad to drop me off.”

“Could you stay at my place Friday night?”

“I would like to, but I work Saturday from 7 to 3. My grandparents know about us, my mom told them. My grandfather wants to meet you. So, we could have lunch with them. It’s about a 15-minute walk from the school.”

“What day?”

“Maybe tomorrow. I’ll need to go to the store and buy some food for them to make us lunch. Lunch is their big meal of the day.”

“Your grandparents are Italian, right?”

“Yes, I’m half-Italian, no comments… Dad, make a right turn at the light. After you make the turn, you’ll see a house with flower beds in front. Dad isn’t home, so you can pull into the driveway.”

“Who takes care of the flowers?”

“That’s my project. Want to stop in and say hi?”

“Come on…Dad, 5 minutes.”

“Alright, 5 minutes - no more.”

“You know how I joke around, so don’t get excited.”

I watched Brad stop and, with his small knife, cut a rose.

“Mom, I thought you said Brad and his parents were coming to dinner Saturday. They are here now.”

Mom came hustling out of the kitchen. Then she saw just Brad and his dad. She went and tried to slap me on the head. I ducked. “Come on, Brad. I’ll show you my library.”

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 26
  • Love 20
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I understand why Scott and Brad have to be discreet but it sounds like they can't even be friends out in the open at school what's up with that?

  • Like 5
Link to comment
13 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

I understand why Scott and Brad have to be discreet but it sounds like they can't even be friends out in the open at school what's up with that?

 Scott, wants to keep everything low key. He has lived life at high school as a loner, if all of a sudden he has developed a close relationship with someone, he doesn't want to deal with the reaction. He is known as a loner.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Let's hope Scott isn't being to cautious in keeping his relationship with Brad low key.

All t will take is one person to make the call. And I think I know who will make that call and then Scott's fears will disappear

  • Like 5
Link to comment

A love that sweet and pure can't stay hidden forever...Teach will be surprised at how well they are accepted! Specially with the football team behind them!

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Interesting chapter, they tried to keep the distance, however it will crash sooner or later 4 months will feel like an eternity very soon I think

  • Like 3
Link to comment

When Scott says "Dad" I don't know who he's talking about, his own father or Scott's. It's quite confusing. I hope the boys come up with distinguishing nicknames for their fathers and mothers. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

One never knows what truly happened in the past causing the discretion but we do know they love each other and that's really all that matters isn't it? I know that's all that really matters in my relationship ... 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
31 minutes ago, drsawzall said:

A love that sweet and pure can't stay hidden forever...Teach will be surprised at how well they are accepted! Specially with the football team behind them!

Yes, I agree. Particularly the seniors who are dependent on scholarships.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
32 minutes ago, mikedup said:

Interesting chapter, they tried to keep the distance, however it will crash sooner or later 4 months will feel like an eternity very soon I think

I think they will crash soon as well. Their secret can't keep being under the bushel

  • Like 3
Link to comment
28 minutes ago, frosenblum said:

When Scott says "Dad" I don't know who he's talking about, his own father or Scott's. It's quite confusing. I hope the boys come up with distinguishing nicknames for their fathers and mothers. 

I agree it is confusing , but that is the way Scott was introduced.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

It was a joke on both boys parts, but it is also quite sweet. However, who knows, maybe once the joking part wears off for the boys, they and their parents will decide to on something less confusing.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
1 minute ago, frosenblum said:

It was a joke on both boys parts, but it is also quite sweet. However, who knows, maybe once the joking part wears off for the boys, they and their parents will decide to on something less confusing.

Yes, you are right

  • Like 4
Link to comment

I can understand Scott trying to keep things low-key.  However, if he becomes Brad’s ‘tutor,’ they will have the ex use they need to start hanging out together more.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
34 minutes ago, Chris L said:

One never knows what truly happened in the past causing the discretion but we do know they love each other and that's really all that matters isn't it? I know that's all that really matters in my relationship ... 

You are right, what matter is the now not the past. Scott is gun shy, but his reasoning is flawed as far as Brad is concerned

  • Like 3
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Clancy59 said:

I can understand Scott trying to keep things low-key.  However, if he becomes Brad’s ‘tutor,’ they will have the ex use they need to start hanging out together more.

Right, I think their secret will be out soon.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I'm getting confused because Scot is so like me... He has his own mum and dad and then he calls Brads mum and dad, mum and dad...:devil: Wasn't sure at first when dad stopped to check if he wanted a lift, which dad it was until Brad was seated in the front.... Mind you when I was married I called the mother in law, mum. 

Loving the story and totally in love with Scot and Brad.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
11 hours ago, Ajbt2001 said:

I understand Scott wanting to keep things low key, but that can also put stress on the relationship and possibly make Brad question Scott's feelings for him. I think he's being a bit too cautious, but who knows what'll happen. 

I think that Scott will find that it doesn't matter what other people think. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Kev said:

I'm getting confused because Scot is so like me... He has his own mum and dad and then he calls Brads mum and dad, mum and dad...:devil: Wasn't sure at first when dad stopped to check if he wanted a lift, which dad it was until Brad was seated in the front.... Mind you when I was married I called the mother in law, mum. 

Loving the story and totally in love with Scot and Brad.

They are a lovable pair. Their relationship is to be envied. AHH sweet young love, only the poets can put it into words

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 3/26/2021 at 4:05 AM, CLJobe said:

They are a lovable pair. Their relationship is to be envied. AHH sweet young love, only the poets can put it into words

So so true and thanks goodness for the poets!  I absolutely love this story!!   Thank you CLJobe!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, KayDeeMac said:

So so true and thanks goodness for the poets!  I absolutely love this story!!   Thank you CLJobe!

you are welcome.  the greatest praise an author can received is what a reader says about their work.  So thank you 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..