Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,405 Words
  • 2,206 Views
  • 18 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Warning. Chapter 1 contains sexual acts between minors

Biscotti - 13. Chapter 13

After 4 weeks, Brad told me he had received 4 scholarship offers. I still hadn’t received any, and I was beginning to worry. Mom told me not to worry, “I had a dream, and there will be a letter arriving next week.” Sometimes Mom is a bit scary when she has these dreams. She said it’s the gypsy blood in her. To my knowledge, there are no gypsy ancestors.

Two days after this premonition of Mom, Brad said he got a fifth scholarship offer and would probably take it. He wouldn’t tell me which University. He said he’ll show me the letter on Sunday. Two days later, when I got home from the cabinet shop, I saw a letter from St. George University on the dining table addressed to me. I tore the envelope getting the letter out, and there it was a full academic scholarship. I was so happy I called Brad; Dad answered. I apologized for calling so late, but I wanted to tell Brad I received my scholarship. He said he would tell him in the morning.

I wanted to be the one to tell him, but it’s late. I’m sure he’ll call in the morning before I go to work. Actually, he didn’t. When I got home from the store, ate, and changed clothes, Mom told me he called, and I should call him before I left for the cabinet shop. I stopped what I was doing and called him.

“I got my scholarship. Now you need to tell me which of your five you’re going to accept.”

“Well, I was thinking about Georgia Tech. Ronnie accepted their offer. Then I thought that wouldn’t be good for me, Ohio State and Penn State made offers, but the one I accepted had a special reason.”

“Are you going to tell me before I die of old age?”

“You sitting down?”

“Yes” “I received an offer from St. George, and I have accepted.”

I started to cry. All of the crazy thoughts I had concerning us being apart and breaking up somehow just vanished. It was a cry of relief and a cry of joy. “Scott, you ok?”

“I have never been better. We’ll be together, and I’ll get to see you at school and on Sundays.” All of a sudden, Sunday became even of greater importance.

I must have been in a better mood at the cabinet shop as I was smiling and humming as I was sanding cabinets. Some of my co-workers wanted to know why I was so happy. I told them I received a scholarship to college.

The rest of the week flew by. Saturday, I ask Dad for the car. I wanted to see Brad. Mom gave me some biscotti to take with me. I knew Brad would say you need to learn how to make these.

Pulling in the driveway, the house seemed like there was no one home. I walked around back; no one was there as well. Then I heard a car pull into the driveway. “Scott, where are you?”

I just sat back on the settee and waited. As soon as he walked around the corner of the house, he saw me. He picked me up and swirled me around like a 4-year-old kid. When he stopped, he gave me a kiss that told me he’s happy and in love with me.

But like a little kid, “What’s in the bag?”

“These are for Mom.”

“Can I have one?”

“That depends; where were you?”

“I have been taking driving lessons, so I went to get my driver’s license.”

“Ok, these are like a cookie. You need to eat them with coffee or milk. Here take one and see if you like it.”

I watched as he bit a small piece, then a big bite, “Yes, I know I need to learn how to make these as well.” He smiled and nodded his head, yes.

“Mom, Mom sent these over. They are best if dipped in coffee or milk. They are a little dry.”

“Yes, Angie said she would send some over.” Looking at Brad, “I guess you already had one.”

He smiled, “Yes, and I could eat another.”

“I hear you got your scholarship letter.”

“Yes, from St. George”

“Isn’t that the same school you accepted?”

“Yes”

The smiles on Scott and Brad’s face told it all. Scott’s fear of Brad going to a University out of state was no longer valid.

“Do you want to go to a movie tonight? Dad let me have the car, and there is a good scary movie playing at the drive-in.”

“Sure, if you allow me to pay my way.”

“How about I pay the fee, and you buy the snacks.”

“Ok, let’s have a glass of milk.”

I started to laugh, “What’s so funny?”

“You don’t want any milk; that is your way to get a biscotti.”

He started to laugh, “I like milk, but yea, I would like to have another of those.”

Mom just laughed, “Scott, do you want a glass of milk?”

“No thanks, I have to leave, but I’ll be back at 6 to go to the show. I need to shower and change .”

As I left, Brad followed me to my car. “I’m so happy we’re going to the same school.”

“So am I. I can keep an eye on you and make sure you don’t wander.”

“That you’ll never have to be concerned about that. I love you, Scott; no one will take your place.”

“I love you also, Brad." I leaned up and kissed him. "There’s more of those tonight.”

I left him with a big smile on his face. When I got home, Mom was on the phone. “You going to the drive-in tonight?”

“I would like to unless you and Dad have other plans. Wait, how do you know that?”

“Your Dad and I have been invited to dinner.”

“Oh, so you’ll need the car.”

“No, you’re going to drive us.”

“You’re going to Brad’s for dinner. Bring some biscotti with you.”

I went and took a shower, dressed for a relaxing evening with Brad. “Scott, you ready?”

“Yes, I want to take a few biscotti with me to snack on at the drive-in.”

When we arrived at Brad’s, he was outside waiting for us. “I didn’t know your mom and dad were coming for dinner.”

“I didn’t either. Let’s go before all of the good spots are taken.”

“Aw, you just want to spend some time alone with me.”

“Yes”

“This is a good spot. We can see the screen and still have a little privacy.”

“Look who is parked in front of us.”

“That’s Ronnie and Carla. Should we go and say hi?”

“No, sit back and enjoy the movie.”

“Let’s get in the back seat.”

“Ok, you bad boy.”

Sitting there with Brad’s arms around me made me feel safe and so in love. I’d look at him, reached up, and kissed him on the cheeks. That led to a deep kiss from him. You could see his love for me in his eyes. I just snuggled in more.

Intermission would cause a problem in avoiding some of the guys we knew and no sooner thinking that Brad bumps into Ronnie. I could see Brad pointing back to my car. You couldn’t see me in the back seat. I watched as they talked and laughed as they headed to the concession stand. I got out of the back seat and sat behind the wheel as usual.

I watched Brad and Ronnie coming toward the cars. Ronnie handed his snacks to Carla and continued to walk toward my car. I rolled my window down as Brad gave me a box of popcorn. “Hey, Ronnie, I hear you’re headed to Georgia Tech.”

“Yep, I wanted this guy to go with me, but he decided to stay close, which I don’t understand.” Then he began to laugh and headed back to his car.

“Why are you sitting here?”

“I don’t know, except it would look better when he came here then if we were in the back seat. I’m still a little cautious of letting people know about you and me. Maybe it’s a carryover from hiding in high school. I need time to get used to having a fantastic boyfriend.”

Ok, let’s get in the back seat again. I like to cuddle with you.”

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 20
  • Love 21
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Awesome chapter. It's great that Scott and Brad are going to the same university, they will be good support for each other.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
25 minutes ago, James B. said:

Excellent Chapter, Again so glad there going to school together.

Yes, the one fear Scott had is no longer there

  • Like 5
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Ajbt2001 said:

It's awesome seeing Scott come out of his shell. 

He has made peace with himself and has left his grade school experience behind him. 

 

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

It's no surprise Brad got scholarship offers first those coaches on football team can't mess around.They are out of high school Scott shouldn't hide  the relationship any more

  • Like 5
Link to comment
41 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

It's no surprise Brad got scholarship offers first those coaches on football team can't mess around.They are out of high school Scott shouldn't hide  the relationship any more

I have the feeling he won't hide it anymore.  He  won't cry it from the top of the mountain either. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Such a heartwarming chapter - what relationships are about, give and take. Doesn't surprise me that Brad wanted to go to the same school Scott got his offer from. Ronnie was a bit disappointed but totally understood and, in his own way, validated Brad and Scott's relationship by saying "which I don't understand." 😉

Edited by Chris L
  • Like 5
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Chris L said:

Such a heartwarming chapter - what relationships are about, give and take. Doesn't surprise me that Brad wanted to go to the same school Scott got his offer from. Ronnie was a bit disappointed but totally understood and, in his own way, validated Brad and Scott's relationship by saying "which I don't understand." 😉

I am glad you liked this chapter. Now we will see how they do at the university. I( don't think they will hide their relationship, I don't think but we will have to wait and see.  

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Great that they are both going to the same tech , out the closet finally , interesting times ahead

  • Like 4
Link to comment
9 minutes ago, mikedup said:

Great that they are both going to the same tech , out the closet finally , interesting times ahead

yes, there are.  No more hiding 

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Off to University we go.  This should be good!  I just hope St. George is an accepting environment!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
2 hours ago, drsawzall said:

Full steam ahead for the boys, they gotta remember to keep hitting the books!!

I don't think Scott will forget and I'm sure he will be reminding Brad

  • Like 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, KayDeeMac said:

Off to University we go.  This should be good!  I just hope St. George is an accepting environment!

I think the boys will do okay. Scott is to reserved to make outwardly shows of affection.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..