Jump to content
    kbois
  • Author
  • 3,496 Words
  • 5,254 Views
  • 39 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Tattoo for Lex - 27. Chapter 27

I'm hoping that this posts ok. I'm doing it on my phone so if anything comes out wonky, I'm sorry! Let me know if there are any glitches.
Enjoy!

While the three men waited for Seth to arrive they kept the discussion to neutral topics, how the boys liked Boston, sports, and weather. Close to forty-five minutes had passed when Jen, as she asked them to call her, opened the door and informed Ryan that Seth was on his way up.

Ryan excused himself saying “I’m going to meet Seth. I think he’s going to need a heads up before seeing that I’ve been cloned.”

As soon as he was out the door Lex stepped into Ian’s embrace and said “I’m in total shock. I can’t believe this is happening. My father is OK with me. Please tell me it’s real.”

Ian kissed his forehead and murmured “It’s real. It’s definitely real.”

Ryan was only gone about five minutes before he reappeared in the doorway, holding hands with a man who must be Seth, led him into the conference room.

Seth took one look at Lex and exclaimed “Holy shit!”

Lex and Ian both laughed and Lex confirmed “That seems to be the general consensus today.”

Ryan introduced them “Lex, Ian, this is my husband Seth Beckett. Hon, this is my son Lex Hewson and his fiance Ian Mccolm.”

Seth was a handsome man, shorter than everyone else, standing about 5’9”. He had dark, almost black hair and warm, dark brown eyes. Lex thought there might have been some Asian descent in his background as his eyes had a hint of the distinct almond shape indicative of that heritage. He had a strong build with wide, but not bulky shoulders and a trim waist. He was wearing green hospital scrubs and the lanyard hanging around his neck indicated that he was a doctor at Shriners Hospital for Children.

Lex held out his hand and as the other man gripped it firmly he said “It’s nice to meet you. I’m sorry if we took you away from your work.”

Seth greeted him and Ian warmly and reassured them “It’s alright. My residents can handle my post-op patients and handing off to the next shift. I was almost done for the day anyway.” He looked more closely at Lex and remarked “If I wasn’t seeing it with my own eyes I never would’ve believed Ryan when he told me you looked exactly like him. The resemblance is truly remarkable.”

Ryan at that point interjected “Well, now that we’ve all gotten over the shock, why don’t we have a seat and try to figure out where we start?”

As they all sat down, Lex looked puzzled and answered “Honestly I don’t have a clue. I only have what my mom told me to go by. Other than that I feel like I’m out in left field.”

Ryan prompted him “Well, why don’t you tell me what you know and then I can see if I can fill in any of the blanks.”

Lex looked to Ian for support knowing that telling his father about what he went through was going to be harder than telling Ian had been. He had to take a moment and while he was gathering his thoughts Ian interjected and said “He just needs a minute. He went through a really rough time as a teenager and I think he’s trying to figure out the best way to tell you without upsetting you too much.”

Ryan and Seth both looked concerned at that point.

Finally Lex was ready to start and began “I was born on May 26, 1992. My mom and I lived with her Aunt Brenda outside of Seattle. When I was four Brenda married and moved away. My mom raised me with help from my best friend Cassie’s mom and our retired neighbors. The few times I remember asking her about my father she just told me that you weren’t in the picture anymore.” Lex continued to relay how his mom started dating, got married and then was diagnosed with cancer. He told them about her dying and the letters he got and the one he didn’t. As he approached the point where he needed to tell them about the abuse and the scars Ian stopped him and asked if he needed a break. Lex shook his head, just wanting to get it over. He didn’t go into as much detail as he did with Lex and he left out what Cassie had done for him. That was her story to tell if she ever chose to. He told them all the rest, rehab, moving in with Cassie, getting his degree, finding out about his grandparents and his inheritance, and then about finding out about him and how it took over two years to get here. He told them about meeting Ian and the tattoo. When he was done there was silence. He looked over at Ryan and saw waves of red anger coming from him. “Don’t be angry,” he said.

Ryan looked at him and replied “I’m not angry.”

Lex smiled and told him “Yes, you are. I can see it,” and then proceeded to tell him about the auras.

Ryan and Seth were silent until finally Ryan spoke “So we can’t lie to you huh? Man, you are going to have such a major advantage when you have kids. But seriously, it’s a lot to take in. The auras? I think you get that from my side of the family tree. I remember stories about my great-grandmother when I was a kid. Supposedly she could always tell when someone was lying as well as what they were feeling. I’m willing to bet she saw auras too.”

The smile that graced Lex’s face was so genuine with his relief that he wasn’t the only with his ability, that it almost split his face in two.

Ian loved the look that he saw on Lex. It warmed his heart to see that he was being accepted by his father and his husband.

Ryan continued on “I think it’s my turn to fill in some of the missing pieces. I met your mom when we moved to Marblehead when I was around 8. We were in the same class at elementary school and it stayed that way through high school up until she left. We became best friends. We didn’t live in the same neighborhood but we were within biking distance and often hung out together. There was a group of about five or six of us who were pretty tight. By the time we were in eighth grade all the kids had started to pair up in girl/boy pairs. I felt like I was the odd man out, still trying to sort out why I didn’t like looking at Susie, but would rather look at Johnny. You know how it goes, and with peer pressure added in I guess I just gravitated naturally to Sarah. She was sweet, pretty, had a wicked sense of humor. Sarcastic as all shit. She was an amazing girl and it sounds like she became an amazing woman.”

He paused to drink some water before continuing “ The summer between ninth and tenth grade was hard. Sarah was at odds with her parents. She kept our relationship a secret from them. Hell, most of the kids our age did. We knew none of our parents would approve of dating when we were so young, only fourteen or fifteen. Shortly before school started one of our friends told us his parents were going away for the weekend. His older brother was going to have a party and he managed to bribe his brother to let him invite some of us, otherwise my friend threatened to tell his parents and snitch on his brother. God, those were the days! So, being the sneaky kids we were, all of us told our own parents that were were going to sleep over a friend’s that night. What can I say other than alcohol was involved and lots of it. So, Lex, you were conceived in the same way thousands of other unintended pregnancies happen. Drunken sex. I do remember it however and while it wasn’t bad, it wasn’t great either. Two barely fifteen year old virgins have no clue to begin with, nevermind throwing booze into the mix. I pretty much decided that girls really didn’t do it for me.

After the party we didn’t speak of it again. A few weeks later I felt it was unfair to your mom to lead her on so I ended up telling her I was pretty sure I was gay. She seemed to take it pretty well. I had no idea that she could have been pregnant. A few weeks later we found out that her dad had been in a car crash and was seriously injured. I don’t think it was more than a couple of days after that when Sarah told us that she was going to stay with her aunt while her dad recovered and her mom focused on him. None of us had any reason to suspect that she was pregnant.

We just drifted apart, I went on with my life and I always wondered what had become of Sarah. I ran into her mom a few times and whenever I asked about her, her mom just said that they had had a falling out and weren’t on speaking terms. I finished high school, went to Boston University and then managed to get a really good scholarship to Harvard Law School. I got a job with this firm, started at the bottom and worked my way up. I’ve been practicing law ever since.

Lex, you’re right, I am angry. I’m angry at Sarah for not telling me. I’m angry at that asshole of a step father for hurting you so badly and I’m angry at that law office for losing the damn letter they should have given you. I would have taken you in Lex. It would’ve been a challenge. I was a junior lawyer and was working insanely crazy hours, but I would’ve done it. I know my parents would have helped. Dammit I am angry. Angry that I lost so much time with you and missed out on so much.”

At that point Seth pulled Ryan to him to calm him. Lex had Ian’s hand in a vice grip. Lex could see that the emotions were high in all three men. He suggested taking a break.

They were surprised to see that it was after seven o’clock and Ryan was surprised that Jen was still there working on her computer at her desk. She asked them if they would like for her to order in dinner for them. Knowing that it was going to be a long evening they decided on Chinese food and Jen took care of ordering an assortment of various dishes for them. Lex opened another bottle of water and drank down half of it in one go. While they waited for the food they tried to relax and Ryan took off his suit jacket and tie and undid the top two buttons of his dress shirt. Seth stretched, while Ian paced the length of the windows, looking out at the view. Lex excused himself and went to the men’s room. After taking care of business he washed his hands and splashed cold water on his face. His nerves were a little frayed and he was still trying to process what he had been told so far.

As he pushed the door open Seth was just coming in. He looked at Lex and said “It’s been a really intense evening huh? Ryan is absolutely thrilled that you found him. You’ve been a pleasant surprise Lex. I’m so glad you decided to come. I love your dad and I’d do anything to see him happy. Right now you make him very happy and I hope you can see that I’m telling the truth when I say that we hope you become an important part of our family.”

Lex’s eyes clouded as tears threatened. He didn’t need to see Seth’s aura, he could hear the truth in his voice. “Thank you, I’d really like that.” he managed to get out and smiled at Seth before he turned back toward the conference room.

Fifteen minutes later the food arrived and Jen told Ryan she was leaving and that she had spoken to Lauren who was going to stay as long as they needed her to. She gathered her things and said goodbye to all of them and turned down the hall.

Lex asked “Who’s Lauren and why are we disrupting your evening so much that she has to stay somewhere for you?”

Ryan grinned widely and informed them “Lauren is Seth’s sister. She’s watching our girls for us until we get home.”

Lex’s eyes nearly bugged out of his head and his jaw headed south toward the floor. After a moment of complete shock he stammered “Y-Y-you have girls? As, as in daughters? As in I have sisters?” Even Ian was speechless as this latest bomb was dropped.

Ryan laughed and managed to blush as he said “Oops, forgot to mention that didn’t I? Well Lex, you have twin sisters, Amelia, we call her Mia, and Shannon. They’re eight going on eighteen. We also have a dog, Lucky. She’s a shepherd mix. Sometimes I think she’s smarter than all of us.”

Lex took a moment to process all this and of course his mouth kicked into gear before his brain and he spoke before thinking things all the way through “How did that happen?” was what came out.

Seth burst into laughter and the other two joined in. Still chuckling he informed Lex “I am a doctor and if you’d like me to explain how babies are made I can.”

Lex’s brain finally caught up and he realized the absurdity of the question and rephrased “What I think I meant to say was did you adopt them or use a surrogate? Sometimes my brain has a massive glitch. Too much Cassie I think.”

Seth answered for them “We used a surrogate and donor eggs. We both contributed sperm and lo and behold, one girl is biologically mine and the other is Ryan’s. It wouldn’t have mattered either way. They’re great girls, Mia is our quiet one, she loves dance and music while Shannon is more outgoing and she loves sports, any sport. She’s currently playing soccer and Mia takes dance lessons.

Ryan gauged Lex’s reaction as Seth was talking and explained “Seth and I met when we were twenty-five. Seth had just started his residency and I was low man on the totem pole at the law firm. Mutual friends introduced us. It was hard at first, a resident doctor doesn’t have much time and neither does a junior lawyer. Somehow we managed. We dated for three years and then moved in together. Seth proposed and I said yes, but it took us another three years before we managed to coordinate our schedules enough to allow for a wedding. Gay marriage had only been legal at that point for a few years. We both wanted kids, but it took another couple of years before we were established enough that we could handle the whole process. A friend of ours was willing to be our surrogate so we worked with a fertility clinic, obtained donor eggs, got them fertilized and luckily on the first try we created the girls. We haven’t looked back. And now it looks like our family is getting two more members and I, for one, could not be happier.”

The four men took a break from the heavy conversation and enjoyed the assortment of Chinese dishes that Jen had ordered for them. When they had eaten their fill and cleaned up, things came to somewhat of a standstill. It was almost nine-thirty and Lex was exhausted, both mentally and physically.

Ian could see that he had as much as he could handle for one day and said “Would it be alright if we got together again tomorrow? I think Lex is at maximum informational overload right now. I know that I’m more than a little overwhelmed myself and I’m sure you two need some time to process everything.”

Ryan agreed completely and suggested “Why don’t you both come over to our house tomorrow around 11:00 and we’ll cook brunch for you? You can meet the girls and we can get to know each other? You can take the T, there’s a stop about four blocks from us. It might be quicker than driving anyway.”

Seth added “We would love to have you over and I know the girls will be thrilled.”

Ian looked at Lex, leaving the decision to him. Lex didn’t hesitate to agree. They exchanged contact information and got the address and Ryan wrote down how to navigate the T and which stop to get off at. Ryan told Lex to text him when they were on their way and he would meet them at the stop. He also told them that he would give them a ride back to their hotel. He usually took the T but he had a meeting that morning out in Framingham and had needed his car.

Ryan locked up the office as they left and thank God it was late and most everyone was gone. They few cleaning people and security that they passed all did a double take as the four men exited the building and went to the adjacent parking garage. Ian had to laugh when Ryan hit the unlock button on his key fob and a Lexus GS chirped in reply. Lex started snickering as well.

Ryan didn’t get it until Seth pointed out “You own a Lexus, you know a LEXus?”

Ryan smiled as he understood why they were laughing and said “It must have been a cosmic force that pushed me to buy this. I was originally looking at an Infinity. This one was a good deal. I got it used with only 20,000 miles on it. It’s been a good car for the past three years.”

Lex and Ian got into the roomy back seat and snapped their seatbelts in place. Ryan made sure everyone was settled before he pulled out and drove to the exit. Lex put his head back and closed his eyes for a moment. He had a slight headache from all of the information that his brain was trying to process. Ian saw him and reached over to take his hand reassuringly.

It wasn’t a long drive to the hotel, but traffic was busy as it was in any big city. Ryan pulled into the entrance way of the hotel and waved the valet off, letting him know they were just dropping their passengers off. The four men said their goodbyes and Ryan and Seth departed. Lex and Ian were silent as they went to the elevator and made it up to their suite.

Once they were inside Lex made his way over to the bedroom and flopped down on the big bed that had been turned down. He planted his face in his pillow as he hung his feet over the side. Ian smiled and slipped Lex’s loafers off his feet and sat on the edge of the bed and massaged the feet gently. “Pretty big day huh?” he said.

Lex lifted his head and took a deep breath before saying “I’m completely blown away. I still have a thousand questions but my mind is spinning like a top. I think I really just need to enjoy your foot massage for a few more minutes and then pass out. I can’t process anything else tonight. I don’t know about you, but I’m totally wiped out.”

Ian just hummed his agreement and continued rubbing Lex’s feet. Gradually he sensed some of the tension leaving Lex and he stopped as he saw that Lex was getting drowsy. He leaned down and kissed him and told him “Go brush your teeth and pee before you fall asleep. I think tomorrow is going to be another big day. We can talk in the morning.”

Lex got up begrudgingly and did as he was told. When he was done in the bathroom he stripped down and slid into bed. He was asleep by the time Ian joined him after his turn in the bathroom. Ian had left the curtains open and the room was softly lit by the light of the full moon. As Ian settled in next to Lex he just looked at him, so happy that everything finally seemed to working out for Lex. He deserved it. For someone who had been through Hell and back, Ian believed Lex was one of most amazing people he had ever met. He ecstatic that Lex had chosen him. Gradually his own exhaustion caught up to him and his eyes drooped and finally closed as sleep claimed him.

Lots of stuff in this chapter. Please let me know what you think so far! I absolutely love the comments!
Copyright © 2019 kbois; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 32
  • Love 56
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



2 hours ago, mrbossmant said:

Another great chapter cant wait for the next installment  

Thanks! 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Rupert said:

I’m really loving this story.

Me too! 😍

  • Like 5
Link to comment
2 hours ago, avidreadr said:

This chapter was beyond excellent.  A lot of info for everyone, especially Lex, to absorb.  I can't wait until we meet the girls and get to know everyone better.  Is tomorrow too soon?   Just kidding.  

Yes tomorrow is too soon!  There's not a whole lot of chapters left....

And yes it was definitely a lot of info.... and there's still a few tidbits left! 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
1 hour ago, jimkev68 said:

really am loving the story keep it up

Thanks!  Luckily I don't have to keep up.  The story is done except for my final tweaks and edits! 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
59 minutes ago, Brokenbind said:

Wonderful!  New family!!!

 

Yep! And I can't wait for Cassie to find out about the girls....😜😲🤪

  • Like 5
Link to comment
26 minutes ago, JCtoGO2 said:

Brilliant writing. Outstanding Chapter. Enough said.

:thankyou:

  • Like 5
Link to comment
6 hours ago, JeffreyL said:

More great characters and dialogue! This was a most satisfying meeting of Father and Son! Thanks.

Thanks! I ended up rewriting their meeting a few times before settling on this.  I'm happy it worked out so well! 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
14 minutes ago, kbois said:

I think Lex and Ian will spoil them and Cassie will corrupt them! 🤣

😳😱:lmao:

  • Like 4
Link to comment

So I wonder if Ryan’s genes are so strong that his daughter also looks exactly like him.

Nice meeting and I hope it stays that way between the four of them;  As Ian continually thinks, Lex deserves a good turn.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 5/6/2019 at 4:12 PM, kbois said:

You'll find out next chapter who actually pushes for a wedding invite😉

One of the twins, I bet. Lol.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
34 minutes ago, FanLit said:

So I wonder if Ryan’s genes are so strong that his daughter also looks exactly like him.

Nice meeting and I hope it stays that way between the four of them;  As Ian continually thinks, Lex deserves a good turn.

I'm sure his sister has some kind of resemblance. Lex does deserve good things so let's keep those fingers crossed! 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
34 minutes ago, FanLit said:

One of the twins, I bet. Lol.

I will only go so far as to say that there is a good probability that you might be right 😁

  • Like 4
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..