Jump to content
    kbois
  • Author
  • 3,867 Words
  • 4,286 Views
  • 28 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Tattoo for Lex - 35. Chapter 35

Well, this is it. The last chapter. Last Kleenex warning.

Lex and Ian walked hand in hand past their family and friends to the gazebo where the next phase of their life would start. Ian’s Mom and Dad were sitting with Sean and his family in the front two rows on the left side of the aisle. Lex made sure that the front row on the right side was reserved for Ryan, Seth and the girls, Someone had flipped a switch and in addition to the golden glow from the setting sun the area was illuminated with soft white and yellow lights adorning the structure. Arriving at the stairs Jase hugged them both and Cassie planted a kiss on each of their cheeks. They made their way up the short steps and stood in front of the Justice of the Peace who instructed them to face each other. They did as they were told and clasped both of their hands together as the JP began. He thanked everyone on their behalf for coming and after a short introduction and beautiful tribute to love he asked Lex first to state his vows as they had agreed upon earlier.

Lex cleared his throat and looked into those beautiful, bright blue eyes and said “Ian, you have become my light. You shine so brightly and you make my heart sing. The moment I stepped in your shop and saw you, it was like you reached over and starting pulling me out of the darkness and into your brightness. I can’t wait to see where this journey is going to take us. We will take the advice we were given and let a summer storm make us stronger. I love you, and I promise to love you forever.”

Ian’s eyes were shiny with unshed tears and he cleared his throat as well before he started. Taking a breath to steady himself he vowed “ Lex, you are the one who made it possible for me to see the light. You are the one who showed me how colorful the world can be. I promise I will be there to guide you through the darkness. You make me so happy. I promise to stand by you during that summer storm. Together we will always be strong. I love you, and I promise to love you forever.”

The Justice of the Peace nodded at Jase and Cassie, each of whom handed a ring over to Lex and Ian.

Lex took Ian’s left hand as the JP asked “Do you Lex Hewson take this man to be your husband? To have and to hold, from this day forward until death do you part?

Lex smiled brightly and answered “I do.” and gently slid the ring over Ian’s finger.

Ian smiled just as brightly back at Lex, then took his left hand as the JP asked him “Do you Ian McColm, take this man to be your husband? To have and to hold, from this day forward until death do you part?

Ian’s grin got even wider as he answered “I do,” and slid Lex’s ring over his finger.

The JP announced “By the power vested in me by the state of Massachusetts, I now pronounce you husband and husband.”

Lex and Ian sealed their lips in their first married kiss. Keeping their eyes open they both saw the colors around them brighten and swirl. As the tender kiss ended and they pulled apart they both saw the bright golden thread that Lex had always associated with his connection to his mom swirl and wind its way around Ian to encompass him as well. They both closed their eyes for a brief second and when they did they heard a soft voice whisper ‘I love you’. Opening their eyes they turned and faced their guests and were showered with applause.

Everyone gathered on the patio, the lights twinkling in the waning sunlight and the fire pit had been lit as well. There were also several propane fueled heat towers that were set on low. The night would cool off quickly now that the sun was gone. Shelley had taken several shots of Lex and Ian on the gazebo as the last of the sunset had faded. They joined their guests, accepting congratulations from all. Rick made sure the Justice of the Peace was taken care of before he left, as he had an evening ceremony to attend to as well. Duke oversaw the food and it wasn’t long before he announced that the hors d’oeuvres were ready and the bar was open. Lex and Ian mingled amongst their friends and family, accepting the glasses of wine that Cassie brought over to them.

It wasn’t long before Patrick came running out of the sliding door from the kitchen and announced to everyone that Unkin and Uncalex had somebody’s butt on a picture in their house. They had forgotten about the kid factor when they first saw it hanging, and well, nothing could be done about it now. Of course many of the guests had to move inside so they could go look. Lex was rather pink when Cassie pushed him toward the door and told him to go inside. Ian followed him and upon entering their kitchen they saw a small group gathered around the framed picture.

Mazen saw them and asked “This is really you Lex? It’s fantastic! Ian you are incredibly talented.” Jarren, Jase, Ms. Helen, Rita, Sean and Jessie all echoed his sentiments. Lex had come clean to his friends about his scars, glossing over the grittier details so he knew they were sincere in their admiration.

Hannah was giggling next to Mia and Shannon and she commented “Nice butt Uncalex!” That of course set all of the kids off in gales of laughter and several of the adults as well. Lex turned bright pink. Jessie finally managed to herd the kids onto the porch with the lure of food.

Ms. Helen turned to Lex and told him “Don’t you mind those kids. The photo is amazing. Your Ian should be mighty proud of his work. And you, you should run around in one of those thong thingies. Lord knows you have the build for it!”

Lex honestly didn’t know if he could turn any redder. That’s when he noticed that Cassie had seen and heard everything. Yep, there was another shade of red he didn’t realize existed.

Cassie surprised him however when she looked closely at the picture and then said to him and Ian “ Ian summed up his vows in this picture. He started at the top, where all the darkness is. That’s where Lex was when he first got here, in a dark place. Then when he met Ian, Ian started to pull him into his light. Ian is like the moon and Lex is the manta, swimming up toward him and his light. Now he has a real family and is surrounded by color.”

Ian was blown away by her observation. Lex couldn’t believe that she could even voice such a sentiment and asked her “How much have you had to drink?”

Cassie smacked his shoulder and told him “Nowhere near enough to deal with you, asshole!” as she smiled as pushed him and Ian toward the porch and its food and bar.

Lex noticed that music was playing in the background both outside and on the porch. At some point somebody had wired the inside and the patio with speakers. He looked around and finally spotted Cassie’s phone sitting on a dock. She must’ve been behind this and had downloaded a playlist of a variety of songs spanning all the decades going back to the 70’s. There was more than enough to get them through to the wee hours of the morning if needed.

The evening rolled on and soon enough dinner was served. Lex and Ian led the line and filled their plates with a little of everything. Duke and his staff had outdone themselves. Everything was superb. Lex and Ian had decided that they didn’t want a traditional wedding cake. Maggie instructed Duke’s staff to create a variety of single servings of cheesecakes, each in its own gold foil muffin cup. There was strawberry, cherry, chocolate, turtle and one that turned out to be Apple-Cinnamon Toast Crunch. The crust was made from the cereal as well as graham crackers, the cheesecake had been made with Rumchata and the apple topping had been cooked down in Fireball. Holy Hell! Lex knew that Cassie was definitely behind that one!

Cassie declared them “abso-fucking-lutely wicked awesome!” Lex had to agree.

After everyone had eaten their fill and the catering staff were busy clearing things away most of the party ended up on the patio. The heaters kept it warm enough and the lights provided enough illumination. There were plenty of seats and a few people went and grabbed some of the folding chairs as well. Ian was the first one to notice what Cassie was up to. In addition to the new sound system she had also apparently purchased a karaoke set up. She was busy fiddling with it, Mazen helping her.

Cassie grabbed the microphone and got everyone’s attention. She then asked Lex and Ian to step forward and for everyone to give them room before announcing “It’s time for Lex and Ian to have their first dance and I need to let everyone know that I didn’t pick out this song for them, nor did they. Lex’s mom wrote a letter to me which I was given a few days ago according to her instructions. In her letter she asked me to sing this song for them. It’s a song that she used to make Lex and I dance to for her. It’s a song that always made us feel good. It’s her gift to Lex and Ian. I’m only here to deliver it.” She hit the button on the karaoke machine and Lex’s eyes started to tear up as the opening guitar notes of Rod Stewart’s Forever Young started. Ian grabbed his hand and started to move to the music as the lyrics scrolled along the screen and Cassie’s sweet alto sang:

 

“May the good Lord be with you down every road you roam.

And may sunshine and happiness surround you when you're far from home.

And my you grow to be proud, dignified and true.

And do unto others as you'd have done to you.

Be courageous and be brave.

And in my heart you'll always stay

 

Forever young. (Forever young)

Forever young. (Forever young)

 

May good fortune be with you, may your guiding light be strong,

Build a stairway to heaven with a prince or a vagabond.

And may you never love in vain.

And in my heart you will remain

 

Forever young. (Forever young)

Forever young. (Forever young)

Forever young. Forever young

 

And when you fin'lly fly away, I'll be hoping that I served you well.

For all the wisdom of a lifetime, no one can ever tell.

But whatever road you choose, I'm right behind you win or lose,

 

Forever young. (Forever young)

Forever young. (Forever young)

Forever young. Forever young

For forever young” **

 

As the last notes faded away Ian spun Lex one more time and then pulled him into his arms for a heated kiss. Cassie’s voice had broken at the end of the song and when the two lovers broke apart they saw a tear slowly fall down her cheek.

Lex broke away from Ian and pulled Cassie close and hugged her tight “Thank you Cass, that was beautiful. Mom would be so proud of you.”

Cassie wiped her face, careful not to smudge her makeup. She looked at Lex and told him “I cried so hard when I read the letter your mom left for me. I still miss her.”

“I know Cass, I know. She’s here. She’s in our hearts, right where she’s always been.” Lex told her. “Now, put your Cassie smile back on, go get some booze and go suck Mazen’s lips off his face. He looks worried.”

Cassie laughed and saluted Lex with one finger as she made her way over to Mazen.

The rest of the evening was full of love and laughter. The little kids were silly trying to sing along with the karaoke machine. A lot of the adults took a shot at it. Even Ms. Helen. She shocked everyone when she chose Def Leppard’s Pour Some Sugar on Me. Lex had tears in his eyes from laughing so hard. Most of the adults had OK voices, none would make it very far on any of the music contest singing or talent shows, but only a couple were truly cringe worthy. Cassie, by far, had the best singing voice and was cajoled into another song.

At eleven Sean and Jessie came over to say their goodbyes as the kids were starting to get a little cranky. Casey and Ms. Helen weren’t far behind. Shelley had finished up with taking pictures and she bid them goodnight as well. Ryan and Seth made it until midnight before they too decided to call it a night. They had both imbibed quite a bit and wisely called an Uber.

Duke and Maggie had left not long after the catering crew had finished up. Duke wanted to get over to The Barn to oversee closing. It wasn’t long after that it was only Jarren, Mazen and Cassie and Jase. Jase was pretty shitfaced and Jarren had remained sober as he had decided to be the designated driver. He told Lex and Ian that they would take care of Jase for the rest of the night. Somehow Jarren managed to lead Jase’s alcohol infused ass to his truck and get him buckled in the back. Jase kept yelling ‘I love you’ to Ian and Lex as Jarren was leading him precariously down the concrete stairs.

Lex asked Mazen “Is Jarren OK? He was awfully quiet tonight.”

Mazen looked a little sad as he replied. I’m not sure. He’s been really down lately. He won’t talk to me like he used to. I’m a little worried, but I’m hoping he’ll work through it soon. I have a feeling he just isn’t happy and I don’t know what to do to help him. I think he’s got to figure it out on his own.”

Lex nodded and said “Let us know if we can help.”

Mazen assured him he would and then he and Cassie said their goodnights and Lex hugged Cassie close and thanked her for everything. She kissed him and Ian and as she made her way down the stairs Lex saw her hit a key on her phone and all of a sudden monkey noises started coming through the speakers.

Lex and Ian cracked up and Lex shouted “Turn it off bitch!”

Cassie waited until they were almost out the driveway before the noises stopped.

Lex turned to Ian to find him staring at him with a look of pure unadulterated heat. Ian’s voice went all growly and ubersexy as he pulled Lex toward him and said “I’ve been waiting all day for this.”

Lex’s Adam’s apple bobbed visibly as he swallowed. His own voice became raspy as he answered “Me too.”

Ian took his hand and led him inside. They quickly made sure the doors were locked and then made there way into the bedroom. They opened the door and saw that there were a few candles burning, They both knew it was Cassie’s doing. Ian pulled Lex into the bathroom and turned on the shower to warm up. He then turned to Lex and pulled the soft cashmere over his head, not caring about the expensive material that hit the floor. Lex was quick to see that Ian’s sweater quickly joined his own. Next they slowly unbuttoned the dress shirts, followed by their undershirts. Kisses peppered skin as it was uncovered. Ian tugged Lex’s belt out and then ran his hand along the hard ridge of the cock pressing against the soft material almost begging to be set free. Lex groaned softly at the sensation. He felt Ian unbutton them and then heard the soft sound of the zipper being lowered. Goosebumps broke out along his skin as Ian’s hands skimmed the skin of Lex’s hips and ass as the pants were pushed down. Lex’s cock sprang free as Ian tugged the ridiculous boxer briefs down as well.

Ian undid his own pants and set his own hard shaft free. He pulled Lex into a searing kiss and then pulled him into the shower and under the spray. They deliberately kept their motions light as they washed each other, wanting to wait until they were laying in bed to truly start their exploration. Knowing how much Lex loved his hair washed, Ian took his time and gently massaged the soft hair as Lex moaned in delight. God how he loved that sound!

Finally rinsing off, their touches became more insistent as they dried each other off with soft, fluffy towels. Still damp they kissed their way over to the bed. The back of Lex’s legs hit the edge of the mattress and he pulled Ian down on top of him. He knew he wanted to feel his lover inside him, just like their first time. Ian wanted nothing more than to feel Lex’s tight heat around himself.

They devoured each other’s mouths, tasting and feeling the heat. Ian pulled his lips away from Lex’s sweetness and sent his lips on a path similar to the first time he explored this territory. He latched onto the sensitive skin where Lex’s neck met his shoulder and anticipated the sound he loved so much. Sure enough as soon as Ian started to suck a mark on that spot, Lex keened, moaning long and loud. Ian glanced down and saw Lex’s cock ooze out a huge drop of precum as it twitched. Not bothering with the arms and torso this time Ian pulled off Lex’s neck and went straight for his prize. His mouth had watered at the sight of the slickness escaping from the reddened crown. He slid down Lex’s side and grasped the rock hard cock begging for attention. His tongue flicked out and caught the fresh drop that had appeared, eliciting another loud moan from his new husband.

Lex was barely able to control himself and after the intense wave that Ian’s tongue had created subsided and his moan tapered off he sucked in a breath and demanded “Get your cock up I here! I need to taste you too!” Ian obeyed and swung himself so they were in a sixty-nine position.

As Lex’s mouth descended Ian’s breath hissed at the strong suction. He honestly believed Lex was trying to pull the thing right off. There was pain, but also intense pleasure and Ian didn’t know if he wanted it to stop or go on forever. They brought each other to the edge several times and after the third or fourth close call Lex pulled off and told Ian to flip around. He needed his husband inside of him and he told Ian so.

Ian smiled and slid down Lex’s torso, bypassing his weeping cock and went straight for the main target. Pushing both of Lex’s legs up Ian tongue speared the puckered skin that was demanding to be filled. He let his tongue work it’s magic and soon Lex was writhing with need. Ian pulled his tongue back and slicked up his fingers with the lube that Lex had practically shoved into his hand. He slid his index finger in effortlessly and immediately added a second finger, seeking that hot button and stroked firmly when Lex started with that sexy moaning. It was nearly Ian’s undoing. Not bothering with a third finger Ian pulled out the two that had been working Lex’s prostate unmercifully. He scooted back up Lex’s torso and coated his rock hard cock with lube. Lex pulled his knees wide apart and Ian looked down at the hole just waiting for him. So fucking sexy. He lined up the slick head of his cock and pushed. He slid in effortlessly and in one long, hard, smooth stroke bottomed out inside of his husband.

They both lay there breathing heavily as they enjoyed the sensation of knowing this was the first time coming together as a married couple. Ian then began to move, his thick hard prick skimming in and out of the tight, hot channel. Lex grunted and moaned as Ian brushed his prostate again and again.

They both wanted it to last forever but knew it couldn’t. Lex’s cock started leaking nonstop, coating his belly with slickness. Ian reached down and scooped some of the precum off his stomach and slowly licked his fingers clean. He felt Lex tighten around him as those green eyes watched Ian’s fingers clean the sweet fluid off his fingers. Ian quickened his pace and he could feel Lex moving under him to meet each and every thrust. Lex broke first, his cock shot out a volley of white cum up over his head and onto the pillow. The next few shots nearly went as far, most landing on his chest. As the last one landed right above his trimmed pubic hair Ian let himself go. Lex panted as he felt Ian fill him with his hot seed. Their colors blazed brightly in rhythm with their orgasms, slowly fading as they came down from their endorphin fueled high. Ian rested on top of Lex, not wanting to break the connection. They were both panting heavily, and it was several minutes before their breathing slowly returned to normal. Eventually Ian softened and his cock slid out of Lex on its own accord. He slowly let himself slide off of Lex and kept his arms wrapped around his lover, his husband.

As their heartbeats returned to normal they settled into steady beats that match one another. Lex brought his lips to Ian’s and kissed him with all the love he felt in his heart. It was after two o’clock in the morning and Lex felt as if he never wanted to sleep. He just wanted to lay next to the man he loved with every fiber of his being and soak up his light and love. Instead they forced themselves to get up, brush their teeth and clean up before snuggling back up against each other. They held each other, limbs entwined, totally relaxed.

Ian softly whispered “I love you,” into Lex’s ear.

Lex echoed with “I love you too.”

Slowly they let themselves drift off, Ian knowing that Lex was his and he would always be there for him. As Lex felt himself slipping under he felt safe and secure in Ian’s arms and he thanked the power to be that was responsible for letting the Chief break down where it did.

 

The End

 

**Songwriters: Bob Dylan / Jim Cregan / Kevin Savigar / Rod Stewart

Forever Young lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Warner/Chappell Music, Inc, Audiam, Inc, BMG Rights Management
 
Like I said, this was the last chapter, although there is an epilogue that ties up a couple of loose ends which I will probably post tomorrow. Comments are always appreciated!
P.S. you take your favorite cheesecake recipe and substitute half of the cream with Rumchata. I cook down apples using water and a more than healthy dose of Fireball. Just drop that onto the top of the cheesecake before baking. I also make the crust using half Graham crackers and half Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal. No extra sugar needed. YUM!
Copyright © 2019 kbois; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 22
  • Love 49
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Just Perfect :wub:  I got goosebumps all over when I read the part with the song. 'Forever Young' is one of my favorites too.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, janet said:

I would love to read a book 2. Great story. I loved it.

I'm not sure about a book 2, but maybe, just maybe the boys might show up in something else.  Thanks for reading.  I'm glad you enjoyed it! 

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Timothy M. said:

Just Perfect :wub:  I got goosebumps all over when I read the part with the song. 'Forever Young' is one of my favorites too.

When and if either of my kids ever get married that's the song we're dancing to.  I'm glad you enjoyed it and thanks for your advice when I was first trying to figure all this writing stuff out! 

  • Like 4
Link to comment

A wonderful story.  I look forward to the epilogue maybe a follow-up involving Jarren?  Thank you.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

The wedding was perfect and worth the wait! I am going to miss these characters. I would be happy to read another story that included them. You created some wonderful characters and an enjoyable story. Thanks.

P.S.  Could you share a more specific recipe for the apple topping? How many cups of chopped apple, water, and Fireball? This cheesecake sounds like it's to die for!

  • Like 4
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
37 minutes ago, JeffreyL said:

The wedding was perfect and worth the wait! I am going to miss these characters. I would be happy to read another story that included them. You created some wonderful characters and an enjoyable story. Thanks.

P.S.  Could you share a more specific recipe for the apple topping? How many cups of chopped apple, water, and Fireball? This cheesecake sounds like it's to die for!

I'm so happy you enjoyed the story.  Thanks for all your comments and encouragement!  Here's the recipe I use.  My old coworkers would threaten me with bodily harm if I didn't make it for potlucks! 

Ingredients

Crust

1 and 1/2 to two cups of graham crackers and Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal mixed together, (pulse in a food processor until finely ground)

4 and 1/2 tablespoons (65 g) unsalted butter, melted

Filling **MAKE SURE ALL INGREDIENTS ARE ROOM TEMP!!

32 ounces (900 g) full-fat cream cheese, at room temperature

1 and 1/8 cups (225 g/8 oz.) granulated sugar

2 tablespoons cornstarch

4 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk , at room temperature

1/4cup (120 ml) heavy cream at room temp

1/4cup Rumchata

1 and 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract Grated lemon zest from 1 small lemon (1 teaspoon)

Topping

4-6 cups of apples slices (any kind of apple)

1 tablespoon of sugar

1 cup of water

Fireball -at least a half cup. (I use more, I just don't measure)

Cook on low heat until most of the liquid has evaporated

 

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Wrap the outside of a 9-inch springform pan (bottom and sides) with a large piece of foil.

In a medium bowl, mix together crumbs, and melted butter and mix until combined and moistened. Press mixture into the bottom of prepared pan to form an even layer of crumbs. Bake for 8-9 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Meanwhile, prepare the filling.

Increase oven temperature to 425°F/220°C.

In a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese on medium-low speed until smooth and lump-free, 1-2 minutes. Add sugar and beat until blended. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as necessary. Add cornstarch and mix until blended. Add the eggs and beat until fully combined. Add cream, vanilla extract, and lemon zest and beat just until combined and smooth. Pour batter over cooled crust and spread evenly.

Drop apple mixture on top of batter and drag a knife through to slightly mix in

Bake cake for 10 minutes, then lower temperature to 225°F/110°C and continue to bake for 60 minutes until golden brown around the edges, the sides are set but the center is still slightly wobbly. Turn off oven, open the oven door slightly or halfway to let in cold air, and leave the cake in the oven for 60 minutes. This will help prevent the cake from cracking and the cake will remain creamy. Transfer the cake to a wire rack and allow it to cool to room temperature.

Cover the cake with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or for at least 12 hours

Cheesecake will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days if covered.

ENJOY!!

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment

I am in love with this story. Every day I looked forward to the new chapter which now I'm going to miss soo much. 

Thank you for such a beautiful story ☺

  • Like 3
Link to comment
27 minutes ago, chonga said:

I am in love with this story. Every day I looked forward to the new chapter which now I'm going to miss soo much. 

Thank you for such a beautiful story ☺

You're welcome! Your comments make me happy! 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I liked the fact the ceremony itself was simple and that they spoke their own personal vows. And the children's reaction to the tattoo photo and Ms Helen's suggestion had me :rofl: 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

I liked the fact the ceremony itself was simple and that they spoke their own personal vows. And the children's reaction to the tattoo photo and Ms Helen's suggestion had me :rofl: 

Lex gave me no other choice than simple! Anything else would not have fit his character.  

The kid's reaction was pretty typical... it's what one of mine would've done at that age! Ms. Helen has been around the block a few times and knows a good thing when she sees it! 🤣

  • Like 4
Link to comment

A sigh is right!  A wonderful wonderful story.  Thank you. 

The rings you pictured and described are nearly what my husband and I have. 

Coloring is different - Silver outside roped bands with copper in the middle.  What a coincidence!! 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
55 minutes ago, KayDeeMac said:

A sigh is right!  A wonderful wonderful story.  Thank you. 

The rings you pictured and described are nearly what my husband and I have. 

Coloring is different - Silver outside roped bands with copper in the middle.  What a coincidence!! 

Thank you!  

Opal and gold was the only way to go for Lex and Ian.  I'm happy you enjoyed the story! 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 5/30/2019 at 1:16 AM, kbois said:

I'm so happy you enjoyed the story.  Thanks for all your comments and encouragement!  Here's the recipe I use.  My old coworkers would threaten me with bodily harm if I didn't make it for potlucks! 

Ingredients

Crust

1 and 1/2 to two cups of graham crackers and Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal mixed together, (pulse in a food processor until finely ground)

4 and 1/2 tablespoons (65 g) unsalted butter, melted

Filling **MAKE SURE ALL INGREDIENTS ARE ROOM TEMP!!

32 ounces (900 g) full-fat cream cheese, at room temperature

1 and 1/8 cups (225 g/8 oz.) granulated sugar

2 tablespoons cornstarch

4 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk , at room temperature

1/4cup (120 ml) heavy cream at room temp

1/4cup Rumchata

1 and 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract Grated lemon zest from 1 small lemon (1 teaspoon)

Topping

4-6 cups of apples slices (any kind of apple)

1 tablespoon of sugar

1 cup of water

Fireball -at least a half cup. (I use more, I just don't measure)

Cook on low heat until most of the liquid has evaporated

 

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Wrap the outside of a 9-inch springform pan (bottom and sides) with a large piece of foil.

In a medium bowl, mix together crumbs, and melted butter and mix until combined and moistened. Press mixture into the bottom of prepared pan to form an even layer of crumbs. Bake for 8-9 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Meanwhile, prepare the filling.

Increase oven temperature to 425°F/220°C.

In a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese on medium-low speed until smooth and lump-free, 1-2 minutes. Add sugar and beat until blended. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as necessary. Add cornstarch and mix until blended. Add the eggs and beat until fully combined. Add cream, vanilla extract, and lemon zest and beat just until combined and smooth. Pour batter over cooled crust and spread evenly.

Drop apple mixture on top of batter and drag a knife through to slightly mix in

Bake cake for 10 minutes, then lower temperature to 225°F/110°C and continue to bake for 60 minutes until golden brown around the edges, the sides are set but the center is still slightly wobbly. Turn off oven, open the oven door slightly or halfway to let in cold air, and leave the cake in the oven for 60 minutes. This will help prevent the cake from cracking and the cake will remain creamy. Transfer the cake to a wire rack and allow it to cool to room temperature.

Cover the cake with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or for at least 12 hours

Cheesecake will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days if covered.

ENJOY!!

Sugar overload, sweet tooth needed 😂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

A lovely wedding as I knew that it would be.

Miss Helen is an interesting lady, there is more to her than meets the eye. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
15 minutes ago, Bft said:

Sugar overload, sweet tooth needed 😂

Everybody needs a little sugar in their life! It's really good, but something I make only once in a while. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
17 minutes ago, Bft said:

A lovely wedding as I knew that it would be.

Miss Helen is an interesting lady, there is more to her than meets the eye. 

The wedding was fun to write. There is definitely more to Ms. Helen than meets the eye. I wish I had the time to develope her character a little more. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
6 hours ago, astone2292 said:

A magical ending! Two destined soulmates forever bound. Wonderful work, @kbois!

Thank You Very Much Oscars 1993 GIF by The Academy Awards

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Several comments have included the word “magical” and it is a perfect description for this beautiful, thoughtful, detailed love story. Your imagination is a wonderful, wild thing, kbois. Thank you for sharing it with us. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
kbois

Posted (edited)

31 minutes ago, Dan South said:

Several comments have included the word “magical” and it is a perfect description for this beautiful, thoughtful, detailed love story. Your imagination is a wonderful, wild thing, kbois. Thank you for sharing it with us. 

Thank you Dan. I'll keep sharing for as long as the stories keep running around my head. Recommendations and reviews are always appreciated. 

Edited by kbois
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..