Jump to content
    kbois
  • Author
  • 3,779 Words
  • 4,131 Views
  • 20 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Tattoo for Lex - 33. Chapter 33

Pre-wedding day surprises!

The rest of the week seemed to fly by as everyone was busy with various activities. It did indeed rain on Wednesday so the kids were entertained at the latest kid movie with Kathy and the rest of the adults took in an action flick. They spent the evening playing board games at Rick and Kathy’s house. On Thursday Kathy and Jessie took the girls to a local nail salon and everyone got their fingernails and toenails done. The three little girls were thrilled with the shades of pink they had chosen.

The men and Cassie chose to relax at Lex and Ian’s house and later in the afternoon a group of them took the kids to play mini golf. While they were together Ryan told them that he and Seth wanted to treat everyone to a really nice dinner the following night. They weren’t having a rehearsal, but Ryan wanted a nice dinner as a way to show his appreciation to Rick and Kathy for everything they had done that week. He asked for suggestions and after a short discussion decided on The Federal which was not far from Rick and Kathy’s and could accommodate large parties. Ryan said he would call and make reservations. Ryan stood behind Lex, who was sitting on the couch next to Ian and therefore could not see the flash of aura that indicated his father was not quite telling the truth. Ryan had quickly figured out a way around Lex’s ability, even though it wasn’t foolproof.

Ian informed Lex that Kathy needed him for some last minute wedding stuff the following day and Cassie told him she was kidnapping him after breakfast. Lex figured something was up but just let it slide. The evening ended early and Lex and Ian did nothing more than cuddle up together, deciding to hold off on sex until their wedding night.

Friday morning they hit the ground running. Ian was up really early and Lex vaguely recalled his lover kissing him goodbye. He wanted to get down to his Mom’s house before seven. Cassie showed up at eight o’clock and dragged Lex out of bed and shoved him toward the shower. He had barely rinsed off when Cassie was yelling at him to hurry up. By 8:30 they were out of the house and on their way to whatever mischief Cassie was up to.

“OK, Cass. Where to?” Lex asked.

“Food. I need food first. We have a busy day ahead of us.”

They of course ended up at Betty Ann’s and Cassie filled up like it was her last meal. Lex didn’t know where she put it. When they were done it was almost 9:30 and Cassie held out her hand for the keys. When Lex hesitated she just reached in his pocket and took them.

“Get in.” she ordered.

After she buckled up she hit a few buttons on the navigation system and hit start. It was a twenty minute drive to their destination, the Canyon Ranch Spa. Lex looked at her incredulously, but wisely kept his mouth shut. The building was a renovated mansion that had been expanded into a hotel and spa. It was absolutely beautiful and the interior well decorated. When they entered they were greeted warmly and that’s when Lex discovered Cassie had booked them for a full day of spa treatments.

They were scrubbed, exfoliated, buffed, massaged, manicured, pedicured, oiled, mud masked and God knows what else. Lex lost track of time. At one point they were given a light lunch. Later Lex couldn’t recall what it was. They both had haircuts, Cassie had hers highlighted and Lex was given a close shave.

By the time they were done they both literally shone. Lex looked at Cassie who’s hair now sported highlights both lighter and darker than her own natural blonde and it was so shiny! His muscles were like limp noodles, they had both experienced the wonders of a full body, deep tissue massage and Lex had though he had died and gone to heaven. His hands and feet had been dipped in something they called paraffin, which he quickly found out was hot wax. Still, it felt awesome even if he did think it was kinda girly. His fingernails and toenails had been trimmed, the cuticles softened and trimmed as well. The nails themselves were scuffed and buffed until they held a soft shine. Cassie had hers painted a deep burgundy color.

It had never occurred to Lex that spa services were offered to men, but he had to admit that he could see himself doing it again in the future, but with Ian instead of Cassie. He also knew he was going to practice some of the massage techniques he had experienced on Ian. Yeah, they could have fun with that!

Lex finally noticed the time when they collected their personal items from the small locker that had been assigned to them. When he checked his phone and saw the time he exclaimed “Shit Cass! We’re going to be late for dinner!”

“Calm down Calamity Jane, change of plans.” Cassie pushed him toward a small changing room and told him “Get dressed in the outfit hanging up in there. Dinner is here tonight.”

Lex looked at her like she had grown a second head and as things started clicking into place he grilled “How long have you been cooking this up and who else is in on it?”

Cassie just pushed him into the little room and laughed as she went into a second changing room next to his. Sometimes his cluelessness astounded her. Lex closed the door and hanging on the back of the door was a brand new Armani suit. The pants and jacket were dark charcoal and Cassie had paired it with a light grey dress shirt. There was a burgundy tie that had thin swirls of pink, grey and black threading through it. He knew Cassie was going to throw some pink in the works somewhere. White gold cufflinks, dress socks and black shoes completed the outfit which fit perfectly of course. When Lex looked in the mirror he had to admit, he looked hot!

He stepped out and waited for Cassie. She emerged wearing a little black dress. The sleeves just barely capped the shoulders and the dress itself hugged her curves in all the right places. The neck dipped to a V deep enough to show off her cleavage but not be slutty while the hem ended just above her knees. A rose colored silk shawl was draped across her shoulders and she finished off the outfit with four inch black stilettos. He let out a long whistle of admiration and offered her his arm. One of the resort staff led them to a private dining room where the rest of their party was waiting.

When Lex saw Ian his jaw dropped. It looked as though they had both been shined up that day. His suit was Armani as well only in black and Cassie had paired his with a light blue shirt and tie similar to his own only in dark blue with thin swirls of gray, dark purple and a light green. Lex thought he was stunning. Ian’s reaction was similar to Lex’s and he made his way over to his man and caught his lips in welcoming kiss.

Ian broke the kiss and smiled at Lex and then said “We were led, weren’t we?”

“Like lambs to slaughter.” Lex laughed as he replied.

It turned out that Ian and Kathy had been at the spa all day as well. Cassie and Kathy had conspired with the staff to coordinate all of the treatments in such a way that their paths wouldn’t cross until it was time for dinner. Ian and Lex were both impressed at the lengths the pair had gone to to pull off the surprise.

The whole group was there and everyone looked amazing, all of the guys including the two little boys were wearing suits. It looked like Kathy got her way with everyone having to dress up for a nice dinner. Ryan and Seth greeted the boys and Shannon and Mia looked so cute in their little dresses. Sean and his family painted a beautiful picture as well. Jessie and Hannah had matching blue dresses and Kevin and Patrick had ties to match their Dad’s. Even Rick’s tie matched theirs.

Lex felt a tap on his shoulders and when he turned and saw who it was his face lit up. He picked up the woman who was an older version of Cassie and swung her around exclaiming “Rita!” In the excitement of the day he had completely forgotten that he had arranged a Lear jet to fly Rita out from Seattle. Thank God Cassie was on the ball. She had made sure her mom had gotten there in one piece the day before. Lex found out that a car service had delivered her to Kathy and Rick’s and they had taken care of everything from there.

Cassie’s mom Rita was a little shorter than her daughter, but similar in build. While they were not clones in the way Lex and Ryan were, Cassie favored her mom enough that there was no denying the mother-daughter relationship. Where Cassie was a natural blonde, Rita had light brown hair similar to Ian’s but without the cinnamon shade Lex loved. Hers wasn’t even threaded with a little gray and Lex was pretty sure she colored it. There was no way she couldn’t have any gray hair, not with Cassie for a daughter.

Introductions had already been made and as they had their own private dining room the conversations going on were lively. A side table had been laid out with some light hors d'oeuvres and they had been assigned two servers, one of which was currently going around taking drink orders. Lex and Ian opted for white wine while they nibbled on the variety of finger foods that had been brought out. They were both starving. Who knew that getting pampered all day could make one work up such an appetite!

Around seven their servers started to clear away the side table which was their cue to sit down. The room had been arranged with one long table. The ends were wide enough for two people so Lex and Ian sat together at the head of the table and Ryan and Seth, as hosts were at the opposite end.

Once everyone was seated their servers proceed to pour champagne into the flutes at each place settings. The kids were provided with sparkling grape juice and looked thrilled to be included. When everyone’s glass had been filled and the kids stopped fidgeting, Ryan stood up to propose a toast. He cleared his throat and said “To Lex and Ian and new beginnings. May you always reap the benefits of your love and learn from each other. Happiness is yours, so enjoy every minute. Share every smile, every laugh, every tear and every cry of anguish. It will only make you stronger. Here’s to family, the one we’re born to and the one we choose.”

He raised his glass and was answered with the sound of crystal clinking together and a chorus of “Hear, hear!, and congratulations!”

Lex and Ian thanked him and everyone sat down. The servers handed each guest a menu and left to go and replenish the drinks for those who needed them and to top off the water goblets. It didn’t take long for everyone to decide as the choices had been pared down from the full menu to a half dozen entrees and the same number of side dishes. Each person had been instructed to choose one entree and two sides. Lex had trouble deciding between the baked stuffed scrod and the beef tenderloin. He and Ian decided to get one scrod and one beef tenderloin between them and share. They chose the baked squash medley, garlic mashed potatoes, cornbread and of course Lex couldn’t pass up the lobster mac and cheese as their side dishes.

Because their group was large there were several conversations going on and they were please to see the group so animated. Rita and Cassie were seated to Lex’s right side. He caught up with Rita and laughed when she lamented that Cassie wouldn’t even consider dating her boss’s grandson. He winked at Cassie and told Rita that the right guy would come along for Cassie soon. Cassie shook her head, rolled her eyes and reached for a hot roll from the basket that had just been placed in front of her.

Mia and Shannon were sitting on the other side of Cassie and Kathy and Rick were at the end of that side talking with Ryan and Seth. Ian was debating the pros and cons of their current Fantasy Football picks with Sean. Patrick, Kevin and Hannah were in the middle and were battling with Cassie, Shannon and Mia across the table to see who could make the silliest face (Lex thought Cassie would win that one!). Jessie was on the other end next to Seth and was part of whatever conversation was going on at that end of the table.

Their food arrived in a timely manner and all conversation died down while everyone focused on their meals. Ian was happy with the choices he and Lex had made and even let Lex eat most of the lobster mac and cheese. He just took a bigger chunk of the stuffed scrod as lobster was a main ingredient of the stuffing along with shrimp and scallops. It seemed that everyone was enjoying their choices. Lex was surprised to see that the kids had all chosen either the stuffed chicken breast or the beef tenderloin. He knew that Ryan and Seth encouraged the girls to choose food outside of the normal chicken tenders and hot dogs usually offered on children’s menus and their tastes usually ran toward seafood. Lex did notice that both Mia and Shannon had opted for the lobster mac and cheese as one of their sides. They knew a good thing when they saw it.

Under the table Lex felt Ian’s hand move on top of his thigh and give a light squeeze. When he looked over Ian remarked “You look so happy,” and smiled.

Lex returned the smile and spearing a piece of tender beef replied “I am,” right before sliding the succulent meat between his lips. Still looking at Ian he finished chewing the bite of food, swallowed and then licked his upper lip lightly with the tip of his tongue. He chuckled softly when Ian’s fingers moved further up his leg, stopping just shy of his groin and squeezed a little harder. Lex shook his head and returned his attention to the rest of his dinner.

Once everyone was done their servers returned to clear away the plates and silverware. Dessert was a choice between mint parfaits or chocolate cake. Lex chose the parfait and couldn’t help but hear Eddie Murray’s voice as Donkey from Shrek say “Who doesn’t like a parfait?” in his head. He snickered and looked up in time to catch Cassie’s eyes. They both laughed out loud as he knew she had the same thought.

Dessert was brought out along with coffee and Lex savored the sweet minty treat. Ian had the parfait as well. Neither man was a huge chocolate cake fan. Cassie had asked for one of each and of course got her way.

Dinner started to wrap up and Kathy and Rick made the rounds with the kids who were all starting to yawn as they got ready to leave. They thanked Ryan for the wonderful meal and the girls kissed their dads goodnight. Jessie went out with them to help get everyone buckled in. When she returned she and Sean along with Rita professed their thanks as well and told the rest of the group they would see them tomorrow. Ryan had already settled the bill earlier in the evening and he made sure to thank the two servers for a job well done. He also wanted to make sure they received their gratuity in cash as he knew anyone who had ever been a waiter or waitress prefered cash over having to wait until their paycheck to see the earnings diminished by taxes. Lex saw their auras brighten with gratitude at the generous amount Ryan had given them. Christmas shopping season was just around the corner!

Lex and Ian hugged Ryan and Seth and reiterated their thanks for a spectacular evening and for going along with Cassie and Kathy’s devious plans. The older couple walked hand in hand out of the restaurant leaving Cassie with Lex and Ian.

“So I take it you’re our ride home this evening or are we yours?” asked Lex.

Cassie gave him an evil grin and replied “Neither, final phase of Operation Blindside. You two are staying here.” She handed Lex a key card for a room and continued “Your room is ready. You are checked in and arrangements have already been made for a late check out. Enjoy the grounds, go for a walk, or do whatever. Breakfast is included at the main restaurant. You have a one o’clock appointment tomorrow afternoon at the spa for a final buff and fluff. Do NOT even think of showing up at the house before three tomorrow. If you do I swear they will NEVER find your bodies. Got it?”

Lex knew better than to say anything and Ian was smart enough to follow his lead. They could only hope that everything had been taken care of for the ceremony the following day. Cassie had one more ace up her sleeve and and she kissed them both and as she walked away from them she turned and said “Oh, your wedding present from me is on the bed.”

Lex had to admit that he was a little scared at that statement. He turned to Ian and said “Let’s go see what she’s done now.”

Looking at the paper sleeve their key card was in they saw that they were on the second floor. They took the stairs and followed the arrow pointing in the direction of their room number. Lex slotted the card and the little light turned green. They were greeted with soft lighting. The room was nicely appointed with a king bed. It was a standard room, not a suite like they had in Boston, but they were fine with that as it was only one night. Fresh flowers graced the writing desk and the bed had been turned down. On top of one of the pillows were two small jewelry boxes. Their rings. Cassie had left their rings for them.

Lex picked up the boxes and handed one to Ian. They were identical and each had a small card attached with a handwritten note:

I love you both,

Forever,

Cassie

 

They looked at each other and then slowly opened the lids of the ring boxes. Lex heard a gasp and honestly didn’t know if it came from him or Ian. As he looked at the ring nestled in black velvet his legs gave out and he sank down on the bed. Ian joined him as they stared in awe. Lex’s eyes started to water and the beautiful sight before him blurred. Once again Cassie proved that she knew him inside out. He thought back to the conversation he had with her when he told her about seeing their auras and how he described it as liquid opal surrounded by gold. Cassie took that literally and the two matching rings had three bands. The two outer bands were yellow gold and were twisted into a thin, intricate rope design. The middle was a wider band of opal that went all the way around, lying flush to the surface. The white fire opal caught the soft lighting and radiated shades of pink, blue, green and purple.

Ian took a deep breath before finding his voice “How the fuck does she do it?” he asked.

Lex shook his head and wiped at the tears that had fallen “I really don’t know. What I do know is that she’s incredible and I love her to pieces.”

Ian smiled at him and said “Me too.”

They left the rings in the boxes on the nightstand. Lex knew they would fit perfectly. He knew that without a doubt.

Lex found out that Cassie was not the only one full of surprises. Ian stood in front of Lex and commanded “Take my shirt off.”

Slowly undoing each button, Lex did as he was told and as Ian’s firm chest was revealed Lex gasped “Holy shit! When did you get that done?” as he tossed the shirt aside.

Ian proudly displayed his new tattoo and answered “Why do you think I was out the door at the ass crack of dawn this morning? My buddy Nate met me at his shop. When he was done Mom made me pick her up and take us here. I had to have a couple of treatments modified to work around the area, but it was fine.”

Lex admired the new artwork but didn’t touch the red, sensitive skin, still covered with protective plastic. Hovering over the left side of Ian’s mid chest, right over his heart was a double heart/infinity symbol tattoo. The two entwined hearts, were outlined in black and colored in with their signature white opal threaded with almost every color of the rainbow. The infinity symbol wrapping itself through the hearts was their gold rope design. In the two diamond shapes made by the design, one held an ornate scripted letter L and the other the letter I. Lex thought it was stunning. It was obvious where Ian had learned his shading techniques from. The soft colors throughout the opal were resplendent in their vibrancy. It would be absolutely stunning when it was fully healed.

Lex wrapped his arms around Ian and just breathed in his scent. After several minutes they pulled apart. Ian kissed Lex tenderly. They both stripped down to their boxers, then used the bathroom. They lost the underwear before sliding into bed. Lex was rethinking their decision to stick with their agreement to hold off on making love until after the wedding. He knew Ian had the same thoughts. Somehow Lex knew that whatever they decided on would be OK with him, just as he knew that their dreams of the following day was that much closer to reality.

I couldn't find a picture of the rings exactly how I pictured them,  but if you put the opal in the middle of the gold ring it's pretty much spot on how their rings look.  As for Ian's tattoo just picture it colored in like I  described it.  
Let me know what you think! 
Image result for men's wedding band gold ropeImage result for mens white opal wedding band
 
8jegHPIKliBL2bAgkAJsOi5zpWMv1YpSFUIX7beRcE2G6BZUsBXAAdqFruUIBgTUAa_mLxgPxRMhkcALh1ZxYhTjdGvtWMsNWQ_YjaWijT-29kE-W_1oH5p-rMtfqISrhanPj62q
Copyright © 2019 kbois; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 27
  • Love 46
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

30 minutes ago, Brokenbind said:

Those are beautiful.  The ring is perfect

Thanks... that was another one of those little details that was rattling around my head from the very beginning! 😁

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Everything is beautiful.  The rings, the tattoo, the whole chapter.  The wedding will probably make me cry!

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Great chapter, but a question is bothering me. Did I miss/forget what happened to Ryan’s parents?

  • Like 4
Link to comment
12 hours ago, avidreadr said:

Everything is beautiful.  The rings, the tattoo, the whole chapter.  The wedding will probably make me cry!

Thanks!  

  • Like 4
Link to comment
9 hours ago, purrbaby said:

Great chapter, but a question is bothering me. Did I miss/forget what happened to Ryan’s parents?

You didn't miss anything.  Ryan's parents are still alive.  I just didn't have the time to write them into the story.  

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Bft

Posted (edited)

The rings and the tattoo design are amazing, lovely chapter 

Chocolate cake with a scoop of vanilla 🍨, I am convinced that you have a sweet tooth 

Edited by Bft
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, mansexlover said:

Somehow the links didn't work for me . Great chapter.

I can't open them anymore either. 😪 

  • Sad 3
Link to comment
On 7/19/2022 at 12:15 PM, mansexlover said:

Somehow the links didn't work for me . Great chapter.

 

On 7/19/2022 at 1:45 PM, kbois said:

I can't open them anymore either. 😪 

At least I have my imagination.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Al Norris said:

 

At least I have my imagination.

To this day I have no idea what happened. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..