Jump to content
    Krista
  • Author
  • 3,667 Words
  • 3,344 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Something Unexpected - 11. Chapter 11

I woke up feeling refreshed, hoping like hell that the day I had yesterday was going to be the last bad day I had for awhile. The morning started out well enough except for one thing: Laura wasn’t awake when she should have been. When I went into her room it was a wreck. Tissue paper was spread across the bed and on the floor. She hadn’t even bothered to take her make-up off when she went to bed the night before. I wondered what the matter was; but then I thought back to the reaction she had to Chandler -- how much she hated him being in the house -- and I wondered what exactly went on with them two.

“Laura wake up or you’ll be late.” I whispered and patted her shoulder, but I didn’t get any response. So I nudged her slightly harder and she opened her eyes. They were irritated and she sniffled a few times.

“I’m not going to school today.” Laura announced weakly.

“What’s wrong?” I asked sitting down on the bed in just my boxer briefs.

“Nothing.” Laura answered and then turned her head away from me. “Now go get ready for school.” Laura continued in almost a whisper and I got up to leave her alone to go get ready. I was definitely going to try and get Chandler to tell me the whole story today when I went with him to tutor me. I was trying to hurry so that I would have a chance to get Laura talk to me before school. I didn’t want to leave her in the wrecked state she was in.

“Laura are you awake?” I asked carefully and she nodded. “Were you crying last night?” I asked after a few seconds.

“It’s nothing Andy I was upset. I’m over it now. I just don’t feel good.” Laura answered.

I sat on the edge of her bed and started rubbing her shoulder. “Come on, Laura, I’m your little shit-head. Tell me something.” I pleaded nudging her. I noticed that she smiled weakly hearing me call myself shit-head.

“Just be careful with Chandler. Or he’ll do this to you, too.” Laura offered and I frowned. So it was related to what happened between her and Chandler.

“What did he do exactly?” I asked growing slightly angry with Chandler.

“I don’t want to talk about it.” Laura spat not opening her eyes to look at me.

“Oh come on Laura that isn’t fair. You push me to tell you things and now you close up. Come on, it always feels better afterwards.” I countered then I checked my watch and it was almost time for the bus to be running.

“That’s because I’m older than you shit-head. I don’t need to talk to you about anything.” Laura retorted and I started rubbing me temples. I wanted to be pushy and rip the covers off her making her get up and talk like she had me. It did hurt me to see her this low and it pissed me off that Chandler made her that way.

“Well I have to go catch the bus, but when I get home we’re going to talk. If you’re not here when I get back then I’ll wait.” I announced leaving her alone and walked to the bus stop a little earlier than I normally did.

I felt lost in the whole mess. Chandler treated me great and I wanted to stay with him and see where I things went; but my sister was upset at the thought of Chandler even being in the same house as her.

“Good morning.” Jase greeted as he sat with me and I smiled weakly.

“Hey.” I greeted then looked forward.

“Anything wrong?” Jase whispered nudging me in the side and I turned to look at him. I could trust him. Other than Chandler he knew who I was. But maybe it wasn’t the best place to talk about something like this. Even though it wasn’t all that crowded on the bus and most people were too nice to be nosey.

“Kind of," I answered, "but I don’t want to talk about it here.” He looked around and sighed.

“If you say so.” Jase muttered, eyeing me carefully. “Does it have to do with Chandler?” He added after a short pause.

“Not here Jase.” I countered looking away.

“Well I don’t know when we'll be able to talk. I mean, ever since you become friends with Chandler you’ve been ignoring everyone else.” Jase retorted in a hushed voice.

“I know. I’m sorry about that. In fact I was going to sit with you guys today at lunch.” I apologized offering him a weak grin. I wanted to get Jase alone so I could talk before I ran into Chandler or anyone else. For some reason, I wanted Jase’s opinion on what I should do. After the bus dropped us off I motioned him to follow me. “Um, walk over with me so we can talk.”

He smiled and turned to walk with me to a tree on the campus away from everyone.

“So, tell me what’s wrong.” Jase stated, concerned. I looked out at the crowd of students, debating what I could tell him and what I should keep to myself.

“Jase promise me that you’ll not talk about this to anyone.” I whispered, too ashamed to look at him. I wasn’t able to uphold a promise I made to him and now I was expecting him to promise me something.

“Of course I promise.” Jase answered strongly. It was the response I needed in order to feel comfortable enough to confide in him. He didn’t have to think about keeping a promise even after what happened between us.

“Chandler did something to Laura, but I don’t know what. Well, Chandler drove me to my house yesterday after Laura forgot to pick me up. When she got home and found him there, she was really upset, but wouldn’t talk to me about it. I'm thinking Chandler might not have been honest with me completely at what happened between him and her.” I announced in a hushed voice making sure no one could hear.

“And the bitchy sister hates the boyfriend?” Jase asked. In his tone I could detect a mixture of feelings that caused me to feel sorry for him, but which also made me curious.

“Oh um, well he isn’t..” I stammered but stopped still shocked that Jase was that forward with me. “Ok.” I offered looking over at him. “So should I confront Chandler or try to get it out of my sister?” I asked and he shrugged.

“Well you did say that Chandler could be lying to you so, if you want the truth, I think your best bet would be to go with your sister, but she’s stubborn as hell.” Jase answered and I smirked and nodded. She was stubborn, too stubborn for her own good sometimes. “You could also ask Chandler if he was lying, but then you wouldn't know who to believe. You'd have to choose one story over the other if they weren't the same.” Jase continued.

I nodded unsure of which option was best. The warning bell interrupted us, sending everyone inside. I had to force my thoughts to the back of my mind. I didn’t want to repeat the kind of day I'd had yesterday.

In the locker room Chandler was standing by my locker while everyone else was changing and looking on at the two of us.

“What are you doing here?” I asked completely unnerved by the site of Chandler here in a room full of my classmates.

“We need to talk.” Chandler stated evenly.

“Well it can wait until you tutor me this afternoon.” I countered casually as I started changing into my gym clothes. “So um, meet you at the front entrance.” I continued and turned my back on Chandler hoping he would leave the room that was beginning to feel really crowded by his presence.

“Yeah, I’ll see you then.” Chandler stated just as casually as I had earlier and then I heard him leave the locker room.

“What is up with you and that Chandler guy?” Tim asked as I sat down on the bench to tie my shoes.

“He’s my friend Tim.” I answered standing and then busied myself shoving everything into my locker before locking it.

“I’m your friend, but I don’t need to know where you are at all times.” Tim announced and I noticed people looking in our direction and I frowned.

“Do you mind?” I asked looking around and so that everyone looked away, some of them smirking while others turned to talk to whoever was closest to them. I was suddenly feeling paranoid and I was pissed that Tim and Chandler both picked the worst spot to talk to me.

“See you out there on the court.” I announced before Tim could ask me any more questions. I needed out of there, away from all those nosey fucks. I don’t like being the center of attention. I have never liked it.

“Hey Andy, good morning.” Mandy greeted; and she hugged me, obviously in a good mood. I surprised but then I hugged her back. I felt a brief shock when she touched me. I wasn’t used to being hugged by my friends. If we were closer, maybe I’d want that touch.

After class I rushed to change, trying to ignore Tim’s gaze as it drilled right through me. I could tell there was a lot he wanted to ask me. I would have to answer those questions soon, too. I sighed heavily as I entered the cafeteria. I had nothing solved and Tim was starting to freak me out with his interest in Chandler and me.

“How do you think you did on Mr. Sadler’s test?” Ann asked sitting down with me at the lunch table.

“I think I did alright.” I answered shrugging. “I’m sure you aced it though.” I continued and she smiled.

“So why aren’t you going back there to sit with Chandler?” Ann asked and I glanced back and Chandler was looking at me.

“I told Jase that I was going to sit here today.” I answered turning back to face her. I still wanted to talk with Chandler about what had really happened with Laura. I wanted to believe what he said and I wanted everything to be all right between them.

“What’s wrong?” Ann whispered as everyone else joined us at the table.

“Nothing.” I answered and I saw her eyes narrow. She knew something was wrong.

“Come on Andy. You’re the most readable person in the world! Everyone knows when you’re freaking about something.” Ann stated evenly drawing more attention to me. I diverted my eyes. People were always wanting to know things about me and I didn’t want to be the center of attention.

“There’s nothing wrong with me. It’s Laura. It has nothing to do with me.” I answered. I could tell Ann still wasn’t satisfied; but she let it drop and turned to Evan who was poking her for attention anyway. Lunch was supposed to be a time for me to relax from stress and talk and joke; but ever since I started high school nothing has been fun for me. I was looking forward to Christmas vacation; but that wasn’t for a couple of months.

“Can we talk?” Jase whispered and then pointed to a vacant table in a corner and I nodded and stood following him to the table.

“They’re going to start talking about me again.” I announced as we sat down.

“You’re going to get used to being yourself, so try to not be so paranoid.” Jase countered and I looked at him frustrated.

“Tim is asking questions and shit. My sister hates Chandler and I thought that it was something small, but today she wouldn’t get up to go to school and I could tell she had been crying for awhile. So now I’m torn.” I announced spilling my guts. I was glad that I could confide in Jase knowing that he wouldn’t judge me or run off and tell anyone later comforted me. I had wanted to get it out there for a while now.

“So Chandler is the person you’re seeing?” Jase whispered and I turned and blushed. “I never would have guessed that.” Jase continued and I sighed.

“I don’t know what to do.” I whispered shaking my head.

“Well people aren’t going to get along.” Jase stated flatly. “Chandler hasn’t done anything that you haven’t liked has he?” Jase continued.

“No he has been great.” I answered, Jase frown briefly. I realized that Jase didn’t want to hear about my relationship problems, but I needed advice. “I’m sorry you aren’t the best person to talk about this with.” I apologized quickly and he smiled.

“No, it’s fine. I’ll get used to you being out of reach.” Jase offered and I nodded. I didn’t know what to say. “Now back to your problem.” Jase announced after a short pause. It was just minutes away for the warning bell to ring, sending us back to classes.

“Ok.” I frowned glancing over at Chandler catching him looking my direction.

“I think you should keep your relationship with Chandler a secret from Laura. You need to get answers from them both because it could be something that Chandler might lie about.” Jase offered carefully after a short pause.

“I know. He did say that something happened and he wasn’t lying that he tried to apologize to Laura later. He didn’t say what he did though. She wouldn’t tell me either so it has to be bad.” I whispered standing as I heard the bell. “Thank you for listening.” I continued and then walked away still just as lost as I was before.

For the rest of the day I forced myself to listen to pay attention in class and I took notes to please the teachers. I wasn’t looking forward to being tutored by Chandler. I waited at a table after school and I watched Jase board the bus to go home.

“Are you ready?” Chandler asked startling me.

“I guess.” I shrugged standing and following him out to his car.

“Where are we going to do this?” Chandler asked as we walked.

“Well we can’t do it at my house, because of Laura.” I offered and he frowned.

“My house it is then.” Chandler announced as we got in the car and took off in the direction of Chandler’s house. We rode in silence; I wasn’t ready to talk to Chandler. I wanted to get him to come clean about what happened and I wanted to be mad that he had done it. For that reason I didn’t try to start talking to him.

“Welcome to the Morrison house.” Chandler announced and I looked up to see a house larger than mine protected by a gate coming into view.

“And you said my house was nice.” I stated and he smirked.

“Your house is nice.” Chandler offered and I smiled.

“It’s a shack compared to yours.” I appraised as we walked up the walkway. He punched in numbers in a keypad and we entered his house. We then walked up a hallway then up a flight of stairs into his bedroom. There was no door just a huge loft.

“This is the best part of the house. It was meant for my parents, but they hated it.” Chandler announced as I sat down my bag and looked around.

“You have a mini-theatre you lucky fuck.” I announced and he started laughing.

“Well we’re not here for that.” Chandler stated as he picked up my bag and walked over to his desk pulling up a second chair sitting down. “Time for tutoring.” Chandler continued and I rolled my eyes.

“I don’t really need a tutor.” I groaned sitting down.

“We’ll see.” Chandler countered smirking as I dug through my bag getting out my homework for the night. He then sat and watched me do my homework intently. At first I was embarrassed at being watched carefully. It made me second-guess every answer I wrote down. I didn’t want to look like an idiot in front of Chandler. After a while I felt him start rubbing my left arm and I smiled.

“I’m trying to finish my homework.” I whispered and he didn’t stop.

“You’re almost done aren’t you?” Chandler asked and I nodded. “Then I’m not bothering you.” Chandler continued and I rolled my eyes.

“You’re no help.” I stated playfully.

“You don’t need help with that.” Chandler whispered and then let his hand drift from my arm to my shoulder then down my back.

“Stop that.” I whispered shuddering. I started blushing furiously as he started rubbing my back.

“Just hurry up and finish.” Chandler urged and I started focusing on the last few questions I needed to answer with him still rubbing my back.

“There all done.” I announced closing my books putting them back into my bag.

“Then it’s time for some fun.” Chandler stated standing taking my hand and leading me to the bed.

“Chandler can we talk?” I asked as we sat down on his bed and he went in to kiss me.

“Sure.” Chandler answered is false enthusiasm.

“It’s about what happened between you and Laura.” I stated and he frowned.

“The story is that when we were younger we were at a party and I was drunk and I tried to get her to have sex with me and it turned into this out of control argument that embarrassed her and she hasn’t ever let that go.” Chandler stated after a while and I nodded.

“So it’s not that bad she just has let it upset her.” I offered and I sighed heavily that it wasn’t anything worse.

“Do you want to do something with me this weekend?” Chandler asked carefully.

“What’d you have in mind?” I asked before I told him my answer.

“Well there is a party Friday you can invite your friends. Then me and you can go on a date Saturday.” Chandler answered hopeful.

“A date?” I asked astonished. Blushing slightly at the thought of me being taken on a date.

“Yeah a date.” Chandler stated taking my hand.

“We can do both right?” I asked and he smiled.

“Yeah we can do both.” Chandler answered as he leaned in and kissed me on the cheek. “I’ve been scared that you’d break up with me all day.” Chandler whispered and I looked over at him.

“You shouldn’t have been scared.” I offered and he smiled.

“Now we can watch a movie.” Chandler announced, as we got comfortable on the bed. I rested my head on his chest as we watched the movie. Chandler rubbed my arm and shoulder as we watched and after awhile I wasn’t interested in the movie and I started rubbing Chandler’s stomach and chest. I then looked up at him and he looked down at me smiling. I then scooted up and kissed him softly on the lips. I started to pull away but he put his hand on the back of my head to keep me there. I felt as his tongue brush against my lips and I parted them. He had moved his hands my arm and started rubbing my back slipping further down on every stroke. It was getting late and I knew that I’d have to go home before long, but it felt too good.

“It’s getting late Chandler.” I announced in a whisper.

“So what?” Chandler asked as he started kissing his way down my neck.

“I need to get home.” I offered weakly, leaning my head back closing my eyes.

“Stay with me tonight.” Chandler suggested as I felt him pulling up my shirt.

“It’s a school night.” I breathed sitting up letting him remove my shirt.

“Your point is?” Chandler asked moving down to the buttons of my pants and I put my hands on his stopping him.

“I don’t think we should be doing this.” I stated apprehensively.

“Why not?” Chandler groaned trying to shrug of my hands.

“I don’t know. I just don’t think we should right yet.” I answered holding his hands firmly.

“Then what are we supposed to do?” Chandler asked letting go of my pants.

“Don’t you think you should take me home?” I asked reaching for my shirt.

“Not if you’re staying the night.” Chandler answered pulling me back from retrieving my discarded shirt from the floor.

“Come on Chandler I already said that I don’t think we should be fucking around.” I stated and he smiled.

“We’re just going to cuddle in our underwear.” Chandler announced then grabbed my buttons again this time unbuttoning and zipping them down. I then rose off the bed and let him pull them down. “Do you trust me Andy?” Chandler asked catching me off guard as I watched him pulling off my shoes.

“Yes.” I answered after a short pause.

“I’ll never make you do something you’re not ready to do. Even though it’s something I really want to happen.” Chandler countered soothingly.

“I know and I’m sorry that I...” I started and he moved back up the bed putting a finger over my lips.

“Don’t be sorry about that. We're all scared shitless of something new like this.” Chandler interrupted and I smiled and kissed his finger. He then stood and removed his clothes. He grabbed the remote and turned the theatre off. Then he climbed into the bed and pulled me next to him, wrapping our bodies together. It was the best I felt all week there safe and stress-free. It didn’t take long for his warm breath and his fingertips brushing across my arm to make me forget all of my apprehension and drift off to sleep.

Copyright © 2010 Krista; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..