Jump to content
    Krista
  • Author
  • 3,505 Words
  • 3,448 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Something Unexpected - 14. Chapter 14

As I opened the door I forced a smile and even though all I wanted to do is walk up to my room pull the covers over my head and cry for what Chandler had done and what it could all mean. I was freaking out inside thinking Tim had told everyone and I found myself studying Evan’s reaction to seeing me at the door, but I found nothing.

“Hey you ready to go?” Evan asked and I sighed.

“You guys just go have fun with out me I don’t feel well.” I lied I just didn’t feel like it.

“You don’t look sick.” Evan announced and I shook my head.

“But I feel sick.” I countered and he frowned.

“What’s the real reason?” Evan groaned not satisfied with me.

“That is the real reason.” I answered looking down at the floor.

“Well bud, it’s not a good enough reason.” Evan countered then wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me out the door and to the car. I didn’t object to being pulled to the car by Evan I had already lost the battle in the house. “Now get in so we can go.” Evan ordered and I stepped into the very back seat sitting beside Jase of the mini-van that Evan’s brother had barrowed from their mom for the night so that we could all fit.

“You’re slow as hell Andy.” Mandy announced turning to look at me in the back seat.

“Leave him alone Mandy he’s not feeling well.” Evan announced as we started down the road towards town.

“Oh, what’s wrong?” Mandy looked me over after she slapped Evan in the back of the head.

“Just a head ache.” I answered wondering how many lies I would have to tell before the night was through.

“Here I have some Tylenol.” Ann announced as she started rummaging through her purse and I smiled shaking my head.

“So, did you do your tutoring with Chandler while you waited?” Mandy asked and I was curious as to how she knew that I was tutoring with him. I glanced over at Jase and he turned to look out the window after smiling weakly at me.

“No he had something else to do.” I answered and I notice Tim roll his eyes as he had turned around to look at me as Mandy and I talked.

“Oh, ok. Well I hope you start feeling better because tonight is going to be fun.” Mandy stated excited then turned back around.

“Here’s the Tylenol Andy.” Ann announced handing me the Tylenol. “I don’t have anything for you to take it with though.” She continued and I took the Tylenol from her.

“Thanks Ann. You’re very dependable always a good friend to me.” I announced loud enough for Tim who had turned around when Mandy did to hear.

“Awe, Evan why can’t you compliment me like Andy does?” Ann asked playfully slapping Evan on the back of the head. After that after everyone apologized for laughing thinking that I had a headache they turned and started talking to one another leaving me alone.

“Nice to know you keep them posted on my life.” I whispered over to a very quiet Jase.

“I’m sorry about that, but Evan had saw you leaving with Chandler so I told them. Ann knew that you had to take tutoring too though.” Jase answered and I smiled.

“It’s ok.” I whispered then turned to look out the window.

“I have some water.” Jase announced shaking his water bottle in the air.

“I see that.” I turned to look at the bottle.

“To take the Tylenol if you want.” Jase announced and I started to blush, but the van was dimly lit, as it was dark.

“Oh.” I then took the bottle and then took the Tylenol that Ann had given me. “Thanks Jase.”

“No problem.” Jase answered taking the water back from me. I then turned back to look out the window only making out street lights and the illuminated buildings that were still open for business.

“You’re not very social tonight.” Jase whispered and I turned to look at him no longer hiding my feelings with a false smile.

“I know. I’m sorry I’ll try harder.” I answered and he scooted closer to me.

“What’s wrong?” Jase asked putting his hand on my leg, which I grabbed and gently pushed from my leg.

“I don’t want to talk about it.” I hissed and I saw Jase frown.

“You’re still mad at not being able to go to the party with Chandler.” Jase judged and I looked at him.

“It’s not that at all. It’s something else I promise.” I tried to assure Jase that I wasn’t mad at him not wanting to party.

“Ok little shits I’ll be back in about three hours so keep yourselves out of trouble.” Evan’s brother announced parking the car at the bowling alley. The bowling alley wasn’t anything special and there weren’t that many people there even though it was a Friday evening.

“So how many games do you want to play?” Evan asked as he tried to organize everyone.

“Let’s just buy two games right now and if we still want to play after that then we can do that.” Ann answered and then we bought the shoes and balls and picked out our lanes to get ready.

“Let’s spice this up a bit.” Tim announced causing us to all stop what we were doing to look at him.

“How?” Mandy asked amused at the idea.

“Well if you get a gutter ball you has to tell everyone a secret. Tim announced it has to be something good too. Nothing like you not wearing any underwear Mandy, because that’s not a secret.” Tim joked earning a slap from Mandy.

“I do wear underwear. Look what are these Tim?” Mandy asked pulling down her shorts enough for everyone who happened to be looking our way to see her panties.

“Those are something that you need to keep covered.” Ann answered for Tim causing everyone to laugh.

“Ok so lets actually bowl here.” Evan groaned stepping up and threw the ball down the lane hitting all but three pins down.

“Can we put those little child bumpers up on our lane?” Mandy asked Ann and Jase who were sharing a second lane while I, Evan, and Tim shared another.

“No Mandy that takes the whole meaning out of the game.” Jase disagreed.

“But I suck and I don’t want you all to know my secrets.” Mandy whined she was up first and hadn’t bowled yet.

“Well then honey you should probably keep the ball out of the gutter.” Ann joked.

“You people suck.” Mandy announced as she turned and walked to the lane half-hazard throwing her ball down the lane and into the gutter. “This is going to be a shitty night.” Mandy groaned as she turned around waiting for her ball to return.

“Don’t think we haven’t forgotten Mandy. You have to tell us a secret.” Jase urged slyly.

“Damnit, um well this summer at dance camp I kissed the youth instructor.” Mandy mumbled blushing.

“You did what!” Tim screeched dropping his ball behind him.

“You wanted to play this shitty game, Tim not me.” Mandy snapped rolling her eyes. “He was hot how could I not?” She continued and stuck out her tongue to Tim who frowned and threw his ball down the lane making a strike. I was dreading my turn, which was after Tim’s. I picked up the ball that I had chosen and smiled weakly as I walked up to take my turn. I didn’t want to focus on bowling when everything else was racing through my mind. I then let go of the ball and watched as it barely nipped one pin over before hitting the gutter and I sighed relieved.

“Alright I accidentally flashed everyone at a carnival.” Ann whispered then I heard Jase and Mandy laughing. “Yeah it pays to wear a bra sometimes.” Ann stated while Jase took his turn hitting a few pins.

“This is not fair look at all of you. Ann and me are the only ones that are going to be telling anything you’re all guys. Guys are good at the useless sports.” Mandy whined.

“Just bowl woman and stop complaining.” Evan reprimanded.

“Fuck you!” Mandy bellowed throwing the ball down the lane knocking them all down. “Oh my god, look at that!” She screamed thrilled with herself.

“You know you’re lucky.” Jase playfully nudged Mandy as she sat down beside him. After Tim went and Ann had managed to keep her ball on the lane as well it was my turn again.

“Fuck.” I whispered as the ball veered right as soon as I let it go and it went into the gutter soon after that.

“Well you’re the next victim.” Tim stated grinning over at me.

“Yeah, I know. Which secret to tell? Oh, my sister made me dress up in one of her dresses and forced me to play tea-party with her when we were younger.” I announced causing everyone to laugh except for Tim who rolled his eyes.

“Awe, I bet you’d make a cute girl.” Ann teased batting her eyes.

“That’s the best one yet. I hope you get more gutter balls.” Mandy announced still satisfied with her strike.

“Yeah let’s keep him talking.” Tim stated and I frowned and walked back to my seat. I knew what he was doing and I wanted to kick his ass right there. He was pissed about me not being a good friend to him, but he was trying to get me to spill my darker secrets to our friends.

“Shit, well I think Evan’s brother is hot.” Ann announced after her gutter ball. We had to be the worst group of bowlers ever to play together.

“My brother? My tall big-nosed lanky, hair dirty brother?” Evan interrogated and Ann blushed.

“You see him as lanky and hairy, but she sees a Greek Adonis.” Mandy countered. “As do I.” She announced in a sexual voice biting her bottom lip.

“You think everyone is hot. Which explains why you’re with Tim. I get it now.” Jase announced causing me to actually laugh at that. Jase, Evan, and Tim were all good bowlers they never gutter balled on any of their turns so far and I was dreading my turn again having sucked so far.

“Fucking hell today is not my day.” I groaned stomping my foot on the hardwood floor. “I don’t have any other secrets.” I lied and everyone knew that I was. I knew I had many secrets as do they, but I didn’t want to let Tim win and get what he wanted out of me out in the open.

“Yes you do, you have to Andy.” Evan nudged as I sat back down again catching Tim looking over at me.

“Well I ate a bad piece of chicken and had the runs for a week.” I announced.

“God you are so sick.” Mandy grimaced making a face. I hadn’t really done that, but I didn’t want to play this game anymore.

“You are just awful dude really. Good fucking job.” Evan joked and I smiled weakly. I felt trapped and I needed air with no way of getting it.

“I’m going to go get me something to drink.” Jase announced looking straight at me while he said it. “Do any of you want something while I’m over at the concessions?” He continued and everyone told him what they wanted.

“I’ll go to and help carry things.” I announced quickly and Jase winked at me as I stood and joined him.

“What’s wrong you look like a caged animal?” Jase asked suspiciously as we waited for the food and drinks to be made.

“Chandler and I had a fight and it was over Tim.” I let it all out.

“Really? Does he like Tim or something?” Jase asked astonished.

“No nothing like that. It’s complicated, but it has to do with something Tim knows and I feel that he’s trying to get me to tell everyone with this stupid game.” I huffed frowning as I grabbed a tray and waited for Jase to grab his.

“You’re just being paranoid. You can tell only what you want to.” Jase whispered and I nodded.

“I lied about the bad chicken. I’m seriously out of secrets other than the big ones that you know about.” I shrugged as we joined our friends who had taken their turns and were waiting on us to bowl.

“You missed it. Mandy threw her ball down the wrong lane.” Ann announced still laughing.

“Not funny.” Mandy growled looking over at Ann.

“Not for you anyway.” Ann countered making Mandy cross her arms and look away.

“It’s your turn Andy.” Tim announced as I sat the tray down.

“I know.” I rolled my eyes taking my ball and throwing it down the lane not caring anymore. I missed terribly again and groaned. “I pissed in the pool during swimming in gym class last year.” I announced immediately.

“Oh my god, you’re kidding! I had gym with you last year!” Ann grimaced and looked over at me completely fuming.

“Sorry I have problems.” I announced as Jase busted out laughing spewing his water into the floor in front of him causing everyone to turn and leave me alone. I was happy that I had one friend covering for me I thought. We were almost through with the game, but I knew that there was another paid game on my way. Ann told everyone how a dog at a family barbeque humped her last summer during a volleyball match in her back yard. Evan, Tim, and Jase had all hit pins down and I rolled my eyes at how effortless they all made it out to be.

“Your turn again pool pisser.” Tim announced and I groaned. I’ll never live that one down even if it was a lie.

“Do you always have to announce when it’s my turn? I know how the order goes.” I hissed growing tired of Tim. He didn’t say anything so I concentrated on this bowl. It did help a little and I at least got the ball down towards the pins only missing by a few centimeters before it went in to the gutter. “What am I doing wrong?” I pleaded frustrated.

“Well you are swinging..” Evan started, but was cut off by Tim who elbowed him.

“We don’t give pointers being the stipulations of the game.” Tim cut off Evan and smiled.

“I stole Evan’s Michael Jordan basketball card.” I announced hoping that Evan hadn’t found it as I remembered that he had lost it awhile back.

“That’s a lie dude I found it in my closet.” Evan corrected and I shook my head.

“Ok, well I put it there one day when you weren’t looking, but I did steal it I just hid it when I came over again.” I lied trying to get out of it.

“You’re lying again Andy.” Tim shook his head disgusted with me.

“Well I’m out of secrets.” I countered sitting down. “I live a boring life.” I huffed crossing my arms.

“How about that secret with Chandler then.” Tim coyly announced and I frowned.

“There is no secret with Chandler.” I spat standing up to face Tim.

“Yes there is and I think you know what I’m talking about.” Tim breathed and I pushed him away.

“You’re a nosey fucker and you don’t know shit.” I growled growing more pissed at Chandler for telling Tim anything.

“Calm down guys.” Mandy pleaded as she stepped between us. “Tim what are you talking about?” Mandy curiously asked crossing her arms.

“Ask Andy.” Tim spat nodding his head in my direction.

“I don’t want to bowl anymore.” I announced and walked over to where my shoes were and started to take off my bowling shoes.

“Come on Andy just stay and calm down.” Ann attempted to sooth me, but I wasn’t listening as I started tying my shoes after slipping them on.

“No I’m finished I’ll pay my part of the games right now.” I announced and walked up to the cashier leaving them. I glanced back at them all of them confused and asking Tim questions about what just went down and I rolled my eyes.

“You owe ten dollars for two games, sir.” The cashier announced and I handed her a ten-dollar bill and walked back down to my group of friends who went silent at my return.

“Now will someone please, calmly tell me why a fight just broke out between the two of you?” Mandy sternly asked looking between Tim and I.

“It’s none of your business Mandy.” I offered as innocently as I could.

“It’s everyone’s business Andy.” Tim corrected and I looked at him.

“Then tell them fucker, I don’t give a shit.” I growled tired of this whole ordeal.

“I don’t think it’s anyone’s business Tim. So I’ll advise you to keep your mouth shut and work this out privately with Andy when it’s appropriate to do that.” Jase sternly announced walking up to Tim.

“What I found out involves Andy.” Tim announced not letting Jase’s words to even register in his mind.

“How do you know that?” Jase asked his voice rising.

“Because Andy is friends with someone he shouldn’t be.” Tim breathed staring at Jase menacingly.

“Chandler seems like a nice enough..” Ann started, but was interrupted.

“Chandler is a fag.” Tim spat causing everyone to suck in their breaths.

“You may not like the guy, but that’s no reason..” Mandy started to reprimand Tim, but Tim interrupted her as well.

“Chandler told me when I went to talk with him this morning.” Tim stated proud with himself.

“So is that you’re only reason as to why Andy shouldn’t be friends with him?” Mandy asked and Tim frowned.

“Yeah. I don’t trust him.” Tim responded and I rolled my eyes.

“I’ll be friends with who ever I want to be friends with.” I argued standing again.

“I’m gay.” Jase whispered catching everyone off guard.

“You’re what?” Evan asked shaking his head.

“You heard me.” Jase responded weakly.

“Well now that’s a surprise.” Evan announced stepping back.

“Why is it a surprise?” Jase asked frowning.

“Because Jenna Willison has the hots for you man and now I have to disappoint her.” Evan joked causing Jase to smile.

“That’s too bad.” Jase sighed then looked around at everyone else. “Do I need to stop hanging out with you all?” Jase asked and I could tell her was nervous as hell.

“No.” I answered first coming to his aid, but he knew what my answer would have been.

“Of course you’d say that.” Tim growled, “You’re a fag too.”

“Tim, damn it control yourself.” Mandy reprimanded. “There’s nothing more useless in this world than a homophobe.” Mandy continued.

“You’re always welcome to hang out with us Jase.” Ann stated and then hugged Jase. “You too Andy..” Ann trailed off not knowing if Tim was right or not.

“Ok.” I responded and looked over at Tim.

“So you’re with Chandler then?” Tim asked evenly.

“No I’m not with Chandler. Not anymore.” I announced and Tim’s eyes shot to the floor.

“Was it because of what I done?” Tim whispered still not looking at me and everyone else was confused.

“Yes.” I answered it was Tim’s fault all of it.

“Sorry.” Tim apologized then looked up at me. “I guess I’ve been an ass haven’t I?” Tim asked and I nodded.

We left with out finishing the games. We were refunded for the game we didn’t start and Evan’s brother was already out there as his girlfriend was sick and didn’t want to go out anywhere. I still hated that Tim did all of this instead of just coming to me and asking me those questions that was obviously bothering him. He did apologize over and over again through out the ride home and I had to keep telling him that it was ok, but really it wasn’t ok. Not at the moment it wasn’t. He caused so much damage to me and to Chandler, which I was still mad at and apprehensive of. I was outed by Tim like expected to be and it caused Jase to come to my rescue and I needed to think of a great way to thank him for stepping into the line of fire for me. I sighed the heaviest sigh of relief when I was dropped off and entered my house finally home. A little earlier than what was planned for me to be, but it was a welcome one. I was scared at what all of this meant now, but I was also looking forward to the freedoms I had at least with the people I was closest to.

Copyright © 2010 Krista; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I really like this story so far! The only thing I would change is your use of words for said. You tend to overuse and slightly misuse the word countered. I'm glad I discovered this book (I found it in MaddyA's yahoo group and then found it again on here). Is it wrong that I really want Andy and Jase to be together? I don't know, I just liked Jase from the beginning.

Btw, here's a website for when you run out of words for said: http://soyouthinkyoucan-write.webs.com/differentwaystosay.htm

Link to comment
On 07/13/2011 09:08 AM, PoisonIvy said:
I really like this story so far! The only thing I would change is your use of words for said. You tend to overuse and slightly misuse the word countered. I'm glad I discovered this book (I found it in MaddyA's yahoo group and then found it again on here). Is it wrong that I really want Andy and Jase to be together? I don't know, I just liked Jase from the beginning.

Btw, here's a website for when you run out of words for said: http://soyouthinkyoucan-write.webs.com/differentwaystosay.htm

Thanks! I do run out of words sometimes.. lol. This is my first writing project, so its a bit rough.
Link to comment

Tim confuses be because he goes from acting like a homophobic prick and saying Andy shouldn’t hangout with Chandler because he’s gay despite his belief Andy is gay only to show remorse & guilt for ruining the relationship between the two of them.

Edited by NimirRaj
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..