Jump to content
    Krista
  • Author
  • 4,348 Words
  • 4,265 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Something Unexpected - 4. Chapter 4

Jase was waiting outside by the bus stop when we arrived at his house. He had a blue colored bag and it looked as if he had recently showered and he changed clothes from what he was wearing at school. I slid over and opened the back door for him to get in.

“So Jase, spending the night, huh.” Laura said as she started in the direction of the house.

“Yeah I am,” Jase, replied he looked nervous and he turned to watch the houses pass on the way to mine. Jase had brought up the overnight visit. I was just going to have Laura pick him up Saturday morning. Now though it looked as if he was regretting his decision. “So how were tryouts?”

“It was hell and I know I’m going to be sore later on.” I groaned I was beginning to smell like a gym bag too so I wanted to keep my distance.

“What’d they have you do?” Jase asked curiously. He had turned around and was looking me over now.

“We had to run twelve laps in four minutes around the gym floor,” I answered. Jase smiled.

“You pussy twelve laps are nothing,” Jase countered reaching over and slapping me on the arm playfully.

“Yeah nothing for a track runner,” I said poking him in the side.

“You’re just out of shape,” Jase retorted smacking my hand away before I could touch him again. Then we arrived at my house and I watched as his jaw dropped and closed quickly.

“What?” I asked amused by the expression on his face.

“Your house it two times larger than mine,” Jase gushed as he opened the door and slid out. I got out and walked around the car waiting as he admired my house. It was nothing grand compared to many of the other houses around here, but it was considerably larger than his.

“Well let me give you a tour of the inside,” I offered nudging him up the walkway from the garage.

“Ok,” Jase responded in a low shy voice and I followed him trying not to admire the way he carried himself as he walked. I had to will every bad thought from my mind jotting it up to my teenage curiosity and hormones. So I tore my eyes away from him starting to think this night was a mistake. I definitely didn’t want to out myself right now.

“If you two are annoying and bother me any time tonight I’ll kick some ass,” Laura warned as we walked through the door.

“Laura that language is going to get you into a lot of trouble,” Mom said from her usual spot in the living room. She had been reading and she had sat her book down on her lap as we walked in. “Well aren’t you going to introduce me to our guest?”

“Oh, right, this is Jase uhh…” I started not knowing his last name.

“Singer, Jase Singer hello Mrs. Keller,” Jase said quickly finishing for me. It had embarrassed me that I didn’t even know his last name and he was staying the night with me.

“Hello Jase,” mom greeted politely then went back to her book not wanting to talk while I had a friend over. She normally left us alone when we had company. She knew we hated to be interrupted.

“Ok, the start of the tour, this is the living room. On to the kitchen.” I said as I was leading Jase around. When I finished showing him the house I noticed that he had become nervous and quiet as he looked around not meeting my eyes. “So, what do you want to do?
“Uh, I don’t know.” Jase responded quietly then he reached up and scratched his head and started smiling weakly.

“There is a pool out back and there is my DVD collection in my room.” I suggested pointing in the direction of my room.

“I didn’t bring anything to swim in,” Jase said looking down.

“Come on I have plenty you could wear to swim in if that’s what you wanna do. You have the run of the house this weekend don’t be shy dude.” I said wondering where the confident Jase went after the tour.

“Ok, that’ll work I guess,” Jase answered after a short pause. Then he smiled politely. “As long as you wear trunks and not those Speedo things.”
“No don’t worry about those things.” I reassured him laughing, “not unless none of my trunks fit you.”

I was considerably more built than he was. My waist was wider and more toned and I wore my trunks baggy. He was on the swim team so I wondered why he would care that much about wearing one in front of my family or me. I didn’t push the thought on him though and I turned and led him to my room.


“Alright I have three pairs of trunks blue, red, or yellow. Do you have a color preference?” I asked trying to sound like a sales representative.

“Oh I really don’t have a good skin tone for yellow,” Jase countered causing me to laugh.

“Well here go see if the red one fits you in the bathroom while I change,” I said digging out the red one and handing it to him. It was red with a darker color red flowers and leaves with black draw strings. It was my favorite pair to swim in, but I wanted to see what he looked like in them.

“Ok,” Jase responded walking into the bathroom. Then I quickly changed into the yellow pair that I knew would be tight on my body. It was a year old and my mom had bought them before I went to basketball camp and she was a bit behind the times. They were yellow with green drawstrings and a green logo on the front of the right leg. A few minutes after I prepared myself to go swimming Jase emerged from my bathroom and he walked over to me.

“Do they fit?” I asked giving me an excuse to inspect him closer.

“Well I had to tie them pretty tight,” Jase responded unsure of them.

“Well we’re both guys if it comes off no big deal,” I said slapping him on the shoulder. “There are towels down there already so lets go while the sun is still nice and hot.” Then I walked over to the door, and opened it and ushered him out in front of me. I was the only one who used the pool anymore. Laura and me used to swim a lot, but after she hit puberty she spent more time on the phone or in the tanning beds than swimming with me. So company in the pool would be a welcomed change.

“Well let’s get wet,” I said walking over to the diving board and jumping in doing a cannon ball close to wear Jase was standing trying to get him wet.

“Ass, you meant to do that,” Jase growled as he walked over to the diving board. He then attempted to do a flip, but it went wrong and he over rotated landing on his stomach causing a loud smacking sound as he entered the water. “Fuck you that hurts.” He came up rubbing his chest and stomach, which I noticed was defined.

“Trying to be a show-off didn’t work out, huh?” I asked trying to stifle my laughter.

“Guess not,” Jase replied rolling his eyes and started splashing me.

“Watch it or else,” I warned as he kept on with his bombardment of water.

“Or else what?” Jase inquired only stopping for me to answer him. .

“I’m going to get you!” I bellowed running towards him, but he dived under the water and took off swimming away from me. He was a lot faster than me and he wheeled around and came in and dunked me under the water.

“Don’t mess with a swimmer in a pool it’ll get your drowned,” Jase said laughing. Then I grabbed him before he could react and dunked him.

“You don’t get cocky,” I replied after letting him up for air.

“You’ll pay for that,” Jase threatened grabbing hold of my waist trying to wrestle me under the water. I didn’t budge only laughed as he tried different tactics trying to knock me under the water.

“Yeah keep trying squirt,” I joked enjoying my larger build.

“There’s more than one way to do things,” Jase whispered, and before I had time to ask him he started splashing me in the face then started tickling my sides causing me to squirm away from him. When I fell backwards he fell on top of me and we tumbled under the water. I looked into his face and I could hear the muffled sound of laughter and bubbles coming from his mouth. He didn’t stop tickling me, but the water caused me to become less ticklish, but I kept trying to weakly squirm.

I had surprised myself when Jase entered my world. I was more than outwardly flirting with a guy. I knew that and even when I willed those thoughts from my head I got more of those thoughts each time and they were beginning to take control and I grabbed his hands stopping him then went up for air dragging him up with me.


“Stop or I’ll piss all over myself,” I lied letting his hands fall as I took a few steps away from him trying to will away his shiny tanned wet skin in the now dimming sunlight. “I’m hungry are you hungry?”

“Not really,” Jase said walking over and standing beside me our shoulders almost touching.

“Oh well I can wait then,” I responded my excuse for getting out of the pool had failed.

“Do you not want to swim anymore?” Jase asked after a short silence.

“It’s what ever you want to do dude,” I answered looking over at him.

“Oh,” he replied before splashing me and then swimming off to the center of the pool getting on a float lying down on it shutting his eyes.

“What do your parents do?” Jase asked opening his eyes and glancing over to me.

“My mom is a cosmetic surgeon and my dad owns a lot of stores in the west,” I answered vaguely.

“That’s cool, but I guess you don’t see much of them do you?” Jase asked this time not looking at me as he cupped his hands in the water and pouring water over his body. I had to turn my eyes away from what I saw not wanting the thoughts that have plagued me to return.

“No, I don’t see them a lot.” I answered instantly. I was used to answering this question when asked it. “What do your parents do?”

“They’re both doctors with a joint private practice.” Jase announced, “So I don’t see too much of them either.” He carefully turned on his side to look at me then.
“Why did you go to Middleton and not my middle school?” I asked noticing that he didn’t live that far away from me.

“Because my parent’s practice is close to Middleton.” Jase answered smiling at me. “And we always beat your ass in district tournaments.”

“Liar,” I responded then walked over and dumped him off the float.

“The water is cold after being in the heat,” Jase screeched then I noticed goose bumps appear all over his body.

“I think its time to get out the sun is beginning to become shaded away the pool anyway,” I said walking over to the edge and getting out followed by Jase.

“I didn’t see any guestrooms during the tour,” Jase whispered then blushed.

“They were changed into work stations for my parents since no one ever visits us.” I answered, “But I can sleep in the living room and I’ll let you have the bedroom.”

“We’ll see I was just wondering if you had guestrooms.” Jase answered shrugging. I looked up after hearing the back door open to see Laura standing there.

“Dinner’s ready shit-heads!” Laura bellowed from the back door.

“Well I was just about to ask what you wanted to eat, but I guess we’ll just have to eat whatever was cooked up,” I said as I started to dry off watching Jase do the same.

“Is your sister a good cook?” Jase asked in mock concern.

“When she doesn’t make me cook she is,” I answered rolling my eyes. When we entered the back door I heard my mother giving Laura another lecture about using appropriate language especially when guests are here.

“But mom Jase is no guest he’s just Andy’s little friend,” Laura groaned as she and my mom set the dining room table with four plates.

“Still a guest and we don’t call your boyfriend names when he visits,” Mom interjected sternly.

“We don’t have to change we’re dry,” I said noticing that Jase had started up the stairs instead of following me to the dining room.

“Oh my mom would have a fit if I wasn’t dressed for dinner,” Jase answered laughing a little.

“Well I don’t know what my mom would do honestly since she normally gets in after we’ve ate” I said shrugging as we entered the dining room. We were having Chicken Alfredo so mom cooked. This meal would have been too advanced for my sister.

“I hope you’re not a vegetarian Jase I should have asked,” Mom said as she took her seat beside Laura across from Jase and me. My dad on holidays that he made it for would always sit at the head of the table with me on his left and mom on his right.

“Oh, no Chicken Alfredo is one of my favorite meals,” Jase responded giving my mom a polite smile for added reassurance.

“Ok, good let’s dig in then,” Laura answered for my mom then she grabbed the breadbasket that contained the breadsticks.

“Not so fast Laura, guests first.” Mom said taking the basket from Laura and handing it to Jase.

“Guests are more trouble than they’re worth having over. You don’t let Rob eat first.” Laura barked shaking her head.

“That’s because if Rob went first there won’t be much left for the rest of us.” I huffed glaring over at my sister.

“We better be careful Jase the last time these two ate together Andrew here ended up with a plate of spaghetti in his lap.” Mom warned causing Laura and I to blush while Jase laughed slightly looking at our reaction. “ And Andy Rob is not a pig he’s a polite young man so apologize to your sister.”

“I’m sorry your boyfriend kisses ass when he’s here Laura,” I said sticking my tongue out at her from across the table.

“The language in this house, I should ground you both,” Mom said exasperated. “Now can we at least eat in peace before we scare Jase away?” I looked over at her to see that she was serious.

“Yes,” Laura and me both chorused causing Jase to giggle. I guess we were acting a bit immature, but that’s how we were around one another.


“So mom why didn’t you go to work today?” I asked curiously.

“I didn’t have any patients to see today which is rare and I enjoyed every second of it,” Mom answered smiling before turning back to her meal.

“Oh ok,” I stated feeling Laura trying to crush my toes with hers under the table.

“Laura I know what you’re doing,” Mom said causing Laura to immediately stop and gawk at her before she shook her head and started eating.

“So Jase what do you want to do after we get finished eating?” I asked not liking to eat in silence.

“Whatever I don’t care,” Jase answered after politely chewing his food and swallowing.

“Well there’s a pool table in the den and then I have a PS2 and a pretty good DVD collection in my room.” I suggested giving him options. Jase nodded at me then turned back to his meal and I rolled my eyes.

“This is so good, mom,” Laura said taking a bite out of her food. I remembered Rob spanking her in the parking lot then.

“So Laura how’s your butt?” I asked causing Laura to almost choke and my mom drop her fork and look at Laura. Laura shook her head glaring at me.

“What’d you do to your butt Laura?” Mom asked concerned.

“I just fell over myself getting out of the car this morning and Andy saw me and thought it was funny,” Laura lied and I grinned evilly at her causing her to roll her eyes. I knew she didn’t want Mom to know that Rob had smacked her ass. The gesture would cause my mom to flip out and not allow Laura to date him anymore. I wasn’t going to tell on my sister. She had stood up for me and I didn’t want to lose that, but it still didn’t stop me from making her squirm I mean I am her little brother.

After Jase and I were finished eating dinner we walked up to my room. Jase then called the first shower. I thought he took forever in there washing, but I didn’t want to make him feel rushed. After he was finished I told him he could finish the game I had started it was a college basketball game and I had paused it at half-time when I heard him come out of the bathroom then I went to take my shower.


I didn’t want to take a long shower like usual, but my mind began to race. A lot of questions began to come to me. Like why I wanted to get close to Jase. Sure I told people that it was because I felt bad that he didn’t have any friends, but I knew it was a lie. I wanted to know Jase, but then my thoughts went from just being his friend to what his body was like or how he felt towards me. I knew all the derogatory words I could call what I was thinking and I didn’t want to be a homosexual, fag, or gay. I wanted to be normal. I was normal; these feelings would definitely go away.


“Are you ok?” Jase asked after softly tapping on the bathroom door.

“Oh yeah sorry I didn’t mean to take this long,” I answered starting to blush even though no one was here to see it. I then hurried and got out opening the door in my towel. “Um, I forgot my clothes.” I started walking over to my drawers. I smiled mischievously then and dropped my towel before rummaging through my underwear drawer for the tightest pair of boxer-briefs I had. I watched through my dresser mirror as Jase turned quickly, but glanced back one quick time a blush creeping across his face. My forwardness was also a surprise for me. I let my hormones take control until my brain told me that I was doing wrong things.

“I’m sorry about that it’s just locker room manners,” I said playing down my actions best I could. I watched as he apprehensively turned to face me.

“I can understand that,” Jase said smiling weakly.

“So Pool game, DVD, or PS2?” I asked putting on a pair of ball shorts.

“Pool.” Jase decided then followed me down the stairs to the den. I had left that part out of the tour. It was a room that I barely went into after Laura started beating me in pool. I was a sore loser and wouldn’t play with her too much.

“I must tell you that Laura kicks my ass all the time at this.” I said as I took the rack off the wall as Jase gathered the balls up.

“Then we’re in for a long game unless she’s damn good, but that would surprise me,” Jase said causing me to laugh.

“Ok, you can break,” I said and then he lined up his shot and he jumped and posed as a ball went into a pocket on the break.

“Lucky,” Jase shrugged trying to seem cool after strutting. The whole show amused me. When he took another shot and I frowned as I watched as it went in.

“Luck, right,” I groaned. After sinking three of the solid colored balls he finally missed one and it was my turn. I lined up my shot the best I could, but I missed miserably and then he swept the table after that. “Ha, long game my ass.”

“Well play me again.” Jase countered innocently.

“Ok, but I’m going first,” I said racking up the balls then breaking them. None went in so it was Jase’s turn.

He beat me with out me sinking any again. But it gave us some time to joke around and talk about our experiences. I learned so much about Jase during those games. How he was an only child and that his uncle lived with them. That his parents were named the best physicians in our town this year and they became a lot busier than before.


“Yeah I set records in swimming and in track.” Jase answered me proudly after I asked if he had any accomplishments.

“Oh, that’s pretty damn good,” I answered smiling wide at him. It was getting late after we finished our third game, which he won. “Well I’m done getting my ass kicked, so let’s go watch a DVD.”
“Alright,” he said following me back up to my room. I liked how open he was now and not that shy person from earlier.

“What do you want to watch?” I asked walking over to the DVD shelves.

“Uh something action packed,” Jase answered vaguely.

“Ok, but if you don’t like it then it’s your fault for not speaking up,” I answered as I popped in my favorite movie of all time. The Chronicles of Riddick starring Vin Diesel. Then I took off my shorts and plopped down on the bed covering up and pressing play. “Make yourself comfortable dude.” I yanked back the covers for him to sit down. Jase took off the shirt he had put on and then got in the bed after a short pause. My bed wasn’t a large bed, just a full size. We had little room to ourselves as we watched the movie.

“I better go because I’m getting sleepy,” Jase mumbled starting to stand.

“Well just stay put and I’ll go,” I countered standing.

“Well why don’t we just sleep together?” Jase asked catching me off guard.

“If that’s ok,” I replied turning the television off with the lamp still on. “I must warn you I sleep in the nude.” I then made a motion like I was taking my shorts off under the covers.

“Eww!” Jase exclaimed pretending to scoot away from me. Causing me to laugh.

“Don’t knock it ‘til you try it,” I offered in a sexy voice.

“You horny fuck,” Jase snapped lying back down in the bed.

“Well I am a guy. I have needs,” I countered in my poor excuse to sound like a cheaply made porn flick.

“Well keep those needs on your side of the bed.” Jase joked pretending to brush away any attempts I made to move my hand to his body.

“Well see you in the morning.” I whispered looking into his eyes.

“Ok,” Jase whispered back not diverting his gaze.

“Goodnight,” I responded turning to turn off the lamp.

“Goodnight.” Jase said scooting down into the bed so that he was lying down.

Then the thoughts came to me. I had almost wanted to kiss Jase when I turned to look into his eyes in the lamp lit bedroom. Ever so glad that we were underneath the covers so he couldn’t see my hardness. This was an unexpected problem. I had fallen for a guy. To me in my loosely religious family even that was a sin. I lied awake watching him sleep.

“Can’t you sleep?” Jase whispered causing me to jump.

“I’m not as tired as I thought,” I said.

“We can talk for a little while until you are,” Jase suggested.

“Have you had girlfriends?” I asked curiously.

“No I haven’t,” Jase answered carefully.

“Me either,” I responded whispering again.

“Have you seen anyone you liked?” Jase asked not whispering.

“Yeah, I think I have, have you?” I replied then I asked hoping he’d answer not pushing me to tell him a name.

“I think so.” Jase whispered as his hand brushed against my chest. “Sorry I forgot how small this bed was.”

“It’s fine.” I said hoping he didn’t see the goose bumps that covered my body. I had to fight back the urge to shudder. “Well thank you, but I’m tired now.” This was going to be a long night.

“Ok, no problem dude.” Jase replied then I felt his hand on my back as he patted it twice. “Goodnight,”

“Goodnight.” I replied as a smile spread across my face. A little while later I heard Jase’s breathing become regular and slow I knew he had fallen asleep. I turned to watch him in what little light I had. This school year was going to be different I thought. I’m going to have to hide to keep a guy who was quickly becoming my friend. I wanted to keep my friends no matter if I lied to them or not. I had to hide this feeling I had for Jase for both our sakes. As Jase fell into a deep sleep he moved his legs over to mine and he scooted to the middle of the bed and wrapped his arm around my waist. I felt as his foot absentmindedly rubbed my leg. That soothed me and I fell asleep late into the night.

Copyright © 2010 Krista; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 14
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..