Jump to content
    Krista
  • Author
  • 3,906 Words
  • 3,110 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Something Unexpected - 12. Chapter 12

I woke up to Chandler nudging me awake. I had given in and stayed the night with him. When I walked over to my things I found that I had missed calls on my cell phone and they were all from my sister.


“Damn I forgot to call and tell Laura.” I announced as I listened to her bitching and ranting on the first message. Then I listened and heard as each one of them lost the anger and became more worried. “I feel like shit.” I groaned dialing Laura’s number. I looked down at my watch and saw that it was too early for me to be getting ready for school.


“Hello, Laura?” I asked and then I had to yank the phone from my ear. I looked over at Chandler grimacing and he started snickering. She was letting me have it.


“You little shit. You kept me up half the fucking night worried about your punk ass. You don’t even know what kind of stuff I thought about doing to you if you showed up here late last night. Where the hell are you? I am going to kick your ass!” Laura screamed through the phone.


“Laura I fell asleep during tutoring.” I announced as calmly as I could.


“So you’re over at Chandler’s house then.” Laura stated in a tone I couldn’t read.


“Yeah, I’m sorry. I should have called and told you.” I stated looking down at the floor.


“Well since you’re up you should just come home and stop hanging around Chandler more than you have to.” Laura countered sternly.


“You can’t tell me who to hang out with and who not to. I know he did something bad to you, but that doesn’t make him a bad person.” I spat looking over at Chandler.


“Just have him drive you home.” Laura sighed and hung up the phone. I then turned off my cell and started gathering my things.


“She sounded mad.” Chandler announced carefully.


“She was more worried than mad.” I countered and then walked over to start getting dressed.


“So what are you doing?” Chandler asked watching me from his bed.


“Can you take me home?” I asked sitting down to tie my shoes.


“Sure.” Chandler answered as he got up and started getting dressed as well. Then we left his house in the direction of mine.


“I wish you and my sister would just get along.” I announced and I glanced over to Chandler wondering if he had told me the whole truth or not yet again.


“I heard you stick up for me.” Chandler announced ignoring what I just said.


“Yeah.” I stated evenly. “You said you needed to talk yesterday, but we never did. So what was that about?” I asked thinking about yesterday.


“It was nothing important I just wanted to know if you were out to your friends or not.” Chandler answered and I looked forward.


“I’m out to Jase, but I’m not ready for them to know that part of me though. My friends and me aren’t that close I don’t think. So I don’t want them to know about me and you.” I responded feeling ashamed. “I know that you think I’m..” I started but he shushed me.


“No don’t even. My friends only know because they were nosey and looked through my computer.” Chandler stated and I looked over at him smiling.


“And they were ok with you being gay?” I asked and he nodded.


“I was lucky and they were, but you won’t ever see me declaring it out in school.” Chandler answered and I was instantly worried.


“So you think people will give me a hard time?” I asked trying to hide my worries.


“I don’t know, but still better safe than sorry. Unless it’s with my friends and your friends if they turn out ok when you tell them.” Chandler answered patting my leg then leaving his hand there as we rode the rest of the way to my house in silence.


When we arrived I sighed and got out waving bye to Chandler. I would have kissed him, but I didn’t know where my sister was or if she was watching. I dreaded as I entered the house and found her sitting on the cough in her pajamas.


“I’m so pissed at you.” Laura growled with her arms crossed.


“I said I was sorry.” I countered weakly.


“Yes, but it still means that you was with Chandler all night. Why are you spending so much time with him all of a sudden?” Laura asked and I sat down in the chair across from her.


“He’s just become my friend. I mean he’s better to hang out with than my friends, because I don’t have to worry about him not paying attention and making out with his girlfriend. He became my friend when Jase wouldn’t talk to me too.” I answered looking over at her.


“Chandler is a bad person.” Laura stated again.


“Yes, so you’ve said over and over. What makes him such a bad person?” I asked wanting her hear her side of the story.


“He just is and I’m older and you’re not allowed to spend time with him.” Laura ordered and I rolled my eyes.


“You’re older Laura, but you’re not my boss.” I groaned sounding like a spoiled little kid, but I thought she was being unfair. “I mean if you can’t even tell me what he did to you how am I supposed to want to stay away from him?” I asked and she stood.


“Ok, do you want to know? He attempted to rape me. That’s what he did.” Laura yelled then ran up to her room. A little while later I heard her door slam shut and I instantly felt like shit. Their stories were similar and I understood why she’d hate him so much, but he tried to apologize and I tried to reason with myself that he really was sorry that he had done that to Laura. After a few minutes I stood and walked up to Laura’s door knocking on it gently.


“Go away shit-head.” Laura breathed.


“Can we talk Laura?” I asked as soothingly as I could.


“No.” Laura stated uneasily then I heard her blow her nose and I frowned.


“Come on let me in.” I ordered weakly.


“The door is open.” Laura whispered and I turned the knob opening the door.


“Now can we talk while we still have time?” I asked glancing at my watch.


“Ok.” Laura sniffled then patted to her bed and I came over and sat in front of her.


“Chandler told me about it.” I announced and she frowned.


“And you still wanted to hang out with him after that?” Laura asked her voice rising.


“He told me that he was drunk and that he tried to apologize afterwards. Laura it was bad at the time, but that doesn’t make him a shitty person.” I countered evenly.


“Yes it does.” Laura spat wiping her eyes with a tissue.


“People do stupid shit all the time Laura. Remember when I attempted to do a back flip off the diving board and hit my head and had to get stitches?” I asked and she smiled briefly.


“That’s not the same thing.” Laura countered.


“It was something stupid. What Chandler did was stupid, but it doesn’t mean he goes around and does that all the time.” I countered hoping that will at least make her calm down enough to return to school.


“I’m just not going to go anywhere near him if that’s ok with you.” Laura groaned looking away. “Even if I can’t make you stop hanging out with him.” Laura continued and I smiled.


“Thank you for at least understanding.” I offered and she smiled at me.


“You’re getting wise shit-head.” Laura quipped and I smirked.


“Well I try.” I breathed feeling my face become warm. “Now are we over Chandler?” I asked and she nodded.


“So you’re getting up and going to school right?” I asked looking down at my watch.


“Yeah, so fuck off shit-head.” Laura spat and I left her alone. When I got to my room I breathed a sigh of relief. I no longer felt like a shitty person for hanging out with Chandler and I knew the whole story and Chandler hadn’t lied to me. He jus sugarcoated the story, but I could understand why he would do that. Everyone does that when they’re explaining their side of a bad story. I then walked into the bathroom stripping on the way to take a long relaxing shower since I had the time. After the shower the day didn’t seem like it was going to be a bad one other than the morning part, but that was my fault. I then looked at myself in the mirror smiling at out sexy I’ve become over the years fully dressed for the day.


“Bye Laura I’m walking to the bus stop.” I announced leaving the room after grabbing my bag and walked down and out the front door then down the little walk to the bus stop. It was five minutes earlier than I’d normally walk out, but I wanted to get the day started already not letting anything that happens bring me down. “Not today.” I confidently stated as I sat down on the bench and waited. I couldn’t wait for this week to be over so that I could relieve stress at the party that Chandler was taking me too. Then I was looking forward to going on a date even though it scared me shitless. I stood as I saw the bus coming up the road. I then got on when it screeched to a halt and I nodded hello the bus driver. When the bus stopped outside of Jase’s house I watched as he walked from his front door to get on. He looked good today. The thought made me feel guilty briefly, but I smiled as he noticed me watching him get on and walk to my seat.


“Good morning.” I greeted as I scooted over and let him sit down.


“You seem to be in a good mood for being in such a shitty one yesterday.” Jase announced and I started blushing.


“Yeah, I guess I am.” I stated evenly.

“So did anything happen with you and Chandler between now and the last time we talked?” Jase asked and nudged me and I shook my head.

“God, not anything you’ve got in mind.” I whispered after looking around to see if any of the people heard us. “You seem so comfortable with being you know.” I stated and he looked down then back up.

“I’m not at all comfortable with it, it’s just that you make me feel not alone knowing that we’re feeling the same things and having the same fears you know. It makes me calm, but not any less comfortable.” Jase whispered and I patted his hand that was resting in his lap.

“I know what you mean.” I offered and he grinned.

“Are you doing something this weekend?” Jase asked and I remembered the party.

“Well I don’t know if you’re ready or not, but there is a party Friday night. That I’m going to ask everyone to go to.” I answered and he smiled weakly.

“I don’t know about that.” Jase stated and I felt sorry for what happened to him all over again.

“I wish you’d come.” I retorted gently.

“I don’t think I will.” Jase announced looking uncomfortable.

“I really will watch after you this time. I promise.” I offered taking his hand in mine not worried that people saw at the moment.

“I don’t want to be mad at you anymore.” Jase stated flatly.

“So do you not trust me?” I asked studying him.

“I well um..” Jase trailed off not returning my gaze.

“So you don’t.” I whispered and I let his hand go as I turned and looked forward.

“I’m sorry.” Jase offered.

“Don’t be you have anything to be sorry for.” I stated coolly still looking forward. The rest of the bus ride I didn’t speak to Jase and Jase had left me alone after his little testimonial. The good feeling that I had about how the day was going to go turned sour and I dreaded getting off the bus when we got there.

“Well see you at lunch.” Jase announced carefully.

“Yeah.” I breathed then left him and walked in the direction of the gym. I understood that he could have trust issues with me about partying. It didn’t make me feel any less better that I did understand though. When I entered the empty locker room I started changing as quickly as I could before I heard the door open and Tim walk in earlier than what I had expected.

“I saw you get off the bus and followed you in here.” Tim announced and I nodded.

“Hey dude.” I greeted then closed my locker fully dressed for gym class.

“Hey.” Tim greeted then an awkward silence fell over the room, but when I turned to leave thinking that my friends and I really wasn’t close if I couldn’t even talk to Tim when he’s standing right in front of me, but then Tim stopped me by not letting me walk by him. “We need to talk.” Tim announced and I stepped back over to my locker and leaned casually against it.

“So let’s talk Tim.” I countered as friendly as I could.

“Why are you hanging out with that Chandler fucker?” Tim asked a little less friendly than what I expected.

“Me and Chandler are friends. I told you the other day that we were.” I answered calmly.

“Me and Evan are like you’re best friends, but you never call or want to do anything with us.” Tim announced sternly and then walked over to his locker to start changing.

“Well that’s because you’ve never called or asked me to do anything with you before.” I countered turning to where I could see Tim. “I mean it isn’t like we’re actually friends since you never want to do things with me.” I continued and he frowned.

“I want to be your friend and so does Evan. Mandy and Ann and everyone have been talking about you.” Tim responded and I instantly was curious as to what was said about me.

“And what have you figured out?” I asked apprehensively.

“That you’re being distant and we thinks it’s because you feel so left out and shit, because Evan and I are dating Ann and Mandy.” Tim answered as he walked up to stand near me after he was through changing.

“I do feel left out.” I announced looking down, “But hey there is a party Friday night that Chandler has invited us all to and I think we should go. Jase doesn’t want to go though. So maybe we can do something else instead and I can tell Chandler that we want to do something else.” I continued making an attempt at really becoming friends with my friends.

“Well we can go to the movies or something if Jase doesn’t want to party.” Tim answered smiling at me.

“Ok.” I stated and he was satisfied and left me by myself in the locker room. I wanted to go to the party with Chandler and I sighed and walked out just as everyone else was walking in to change.

By lunch Tim had told everyone else about the movie or something Friday night idea and they all wanted to do that. The party idea though was completely forgotten as I listened as everyone even Jase was excited about doing something this weekend as a group of friends.

“Can we expect you to come along?” Mandy asked looking over at me.

“Duh Mandy, Andy was the one that came up with the idea.” Tim answered for me and I smiled.

“I don’t know if I can make it now though. I sort of already had plans with Chandler.” I announced and I noticed as everyone glanced in Chandler’s direction except for me. I hadn’t gotten a chance to talk to Chandler except for this morning.

“Come on forget about that party and come with us.” Tim countered and I felt like I was the center of attention again. I looked over at Jase who was frowning as he knew about the party and the reason the other plans were even made was because of him.

“Well if Andy already had plans then I guess we can do it some other time.” Ann stated evenly as I turned to study her.

“You never want to do shit with us so why start now.” Evan spat looking over at me. “I mean ever since we started high school you’ve acted different.” Evan continued and I heard Ann tell him to be quiet. I knew they all agreed though as they all shared similar facial expressions.

“I haven’t acted differently it’s just that you guys have never really known me.” I countered crossing my arms.

“Ha, never really known you. Evan and me have been to your house. You used to call us your best friends, but now that’s not the case since you’ve found Chandler more entertaining than us.” Tim argued and I felt ganged up on.

“Fine. If you feel that way then why be friends with me?” I asked looking around at all of them.

“Stop it you guys.” Mandy spat. “Andy you’re an awesome guy and we all want to be your friend, but you have to open up.” Mandy continued and she looked over at me and I frowned.

“So you all agree that I haven’t been a friend to you?” I asked and they all nodded. I was surprised to see even Jase nod when I glanced over at him. I had made a promise to myself that I wasn’t going to do this. That I was going to let loose and be more open, but the only person I had done that with was Chandler so far and that was all new. These were my friends and I had denied them the right to know me and it made me feel lower than shit suddenly. “I’m sorry guys.” I apologized and looked down at my tray not wanting to look at anyone.

“So can we count you in for Friday?” Ann asked and looked up at her.

“Yeah count me in.” I answered and she smiled.

“Well then is he allowed to join us?” Ann asked then turned to look at Tim and Evan.

“Yeah the little shit can tag along.” Evan answered and everyone laughed letting the tension drain from everyone.

“I’m sorry.” Jase whispered and I looked over at him.

“It’s ok this needed to happen regardless of how it happened.” I answered and he smiled slightly. The rest of the day went by with out any more little problems. I was dreading tutoring with Chandler and me having to tell him that I had made other arrangements. It was only Thursday and the rules were three times a week of tutoring with Chandler and so far that hasn’t been the best for me as I’ve always had something to tell Chandler each time I met him. Now I was going to have to tell him that I can’t go to the party with him Friday.

“Hey, you ready to go?” Chandler asked as the last bell rang and he was waiting outside of my last class.

“Don’t you ever go to class?” I asked not expecting him to be there.

“Yeah.” Chandler answered raising one eyebrow.

“Yeah, I’m ready to go.” I answered and we started in the direction of his car.

“So how was your run in with Laura this morning? I mean I don’t see any obvious sign of a vicious mauling.” Chandler asked and I laughed slightly.

“It was good actually. She still doesn’t think too highly of you, but she at least is ok with you and I hanging out.” I answered and he smiled.

“So whose house are we going to?” Chandler asked as we got in his car.

“Yours.” I answered and we took off.

“I’m looking forward to this weekend.” Chandler announced and I frowned.

“Chandler, something came up and I can’t go to the party with you Friday.” I stated after a short pause.

“Does it have to do with Laura?” Chandler asked glancing over at me.

“No it has nothing to do with Laura.” I answered and he reached over and grabbed my hand.

“Is it because you’re scared of what people might think?” Chandler asked and I looked down as he rubbed my hand.

“No it’s not that at all.” I answered and intertwined my fingers with his.

“Then what is it Andy?” Chandler asked and I looked over at him.

“Because well my friends were getting mad that I wasn’t spending time with them. They would go to the party with us if Jase wanted to too, but he doesn’t after what happened so now I’m going with them to some place.” I answered and didn’t say anything.

“We’re still on for our date right?” Chandler asked and I smiled.

“Yeah of course we are.” I answered and he smiled.

“So what are you and your friends doing Friday?” Chandler asked and I shrugged.

“Hanging out, a movie maybe.” I answered not knowing what really was decided. When we arrived at Chandlers I started my homework with out needing much help from Chandler. He did correct a few mistakes I had on one of my essays, but that was it and he had been good at letting me work with out distracting me which I found myself wanting.

“So um am I taking you home?” Chandler asked after I put my stuff away.

“Yeah you had better.” I answered and we both stood and walked out of his room. I was longing for him to touch me now that he hasn’t all day, but I didn’t let on that that’s what I wanted.

“Ok then.” Chandler answered and we walked out of his house. I had wondered where his parents were. Then I realized that I wanted to know all I could about Chandler instead of loving that he was new and intriguing to me. I wanted to know every part of him even physically now that he wasn’t touching me. We didn’t say anything on the way back to my house and I lingered in the car before I said goodbye wanting him to kiss me or rub my arm. I didn’t care if Laura saw it at the moment.

“Um, well do you want to come up?” I asked slyly.

“I don’t think that will be a good idea.” Chandler answered.

“Oh, well. See you at school then.” I stated evenly then got out of the car. I waved and entered the house needing a cold shower. I was perplexed as to why a very forward guy like Chandler had seemed to be didn’t touch or kiss me tonight. I wondered if he didn’t let on that he was upset at my change of plans, as I got ready for bed. All I knew though is that I wanted Chandler so much more.

Copyright © 2010 Krista; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..