Jump to content
    Krista
  • Author
  • 7,524 Words
  • 5,668 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Something Unexpected - 5. Chapter 5

Jase had woken up before me and I could hear the shower running in my bathroom. I stood rubbing my hair down trying to control the spikes before I put on shorts and walked down to see if anyone else had woken up by now.

“Hey honey how was your night?” Mom asked smiling at me before turning back to the stove she was cooking a fairly large breakfast by the looks of it.

“It was fine.” I answered walking around the bar to sit on a stool watching my mother cook.

“I’ve never heard you talk about Jase how long have you known him?” Mom asked not turning around.

“A couple of days.” I answered after realizing myself that I invited just an acquaintance over to spend the weekend with me.

“You two became friends pretty quick then.” Mom stated in a tone I couldn’t quite figure out. I guess she was thinking I was stupid for inviting someone home only knowing him for almost four days.

“Yeah.” I offered smiling.

“I thought it was weird that you didn’t even know his last name.” Mom countered turning to smile at me.

“Yeah I sort of made an as… butt of myself didn’t I?” I stammered catching myself in mid-sentence. Laura was rubbing off on me and I was supposed to be the good child of the family.

“Yes, you did.” Mom answered turning off the stove and turning around leaning against the counter beside the stove. “I trust your friend making skills I’ve met Evan and Tim and they’re nice enough kids.” Mom continued smiling at me before walking over and patting me on the shoulder before bending down to kiss me on the forehead. “I have to get going wake Laura and Jase up for breakfast after you set the table.” She then grabbed her purse and a coffee mug and walked out the kitchen through the living room and out the front door. I put all the food on three plates and making two trips carried everything to the dining room. I then walked into my room to find a very naked Jase standing there toweling off his head.

“Um, come down to breakfast after you finish.” I said after a few seconds of looking his body over. He quickly jumped and covered himself from me before blushing and looking away.

“Uhh ok.” Jase answered in a shaky whisper before I grinned at him before walking up the hall knocking loudly on Laura’s door.

“Wake your ass up breakfast is ready!” I yelled knocking once more for good measure.

“I’m up you little fuck.” Laura snapped sleepily before I laughed and walked down to wait for them to join me for breakfast. Jase walked down first dressed in jeans and a t-shirt that had Middleton Lions on the front.

“Good morning,” I stated as he sat down.

“Good morning to you too,” Jase replied the blush still on his face.

“I should have knocked sorry.” I announced jokingly.

“It’s fine it is your room I’ll learn to change in bathrooms from now on.” Jase answered shaking his head then pouring himself some juice.

“Good morning shit heads,” Laura greeted walking loudly into the dining room.

“Good morning,” Jase and I both answered at the same time.

“Well isn’t that cute,” Laura joked before taking a bite of bacon.

“Shut up, Laura,” I snapped glaring at her.

“I’m just saying it was cute get the pole out of your ass,” Laura countered smiling over at Jase. “So Jase how’s it been hanging out with this loser?” I bit my lower lip curious to hear what his answer was myself.

“It’s been fun,” Jase answered shrugging.


“Liar you’re bored shitless,” Laura argued smiling.

“Shut it Laura or you’ll be picking egg out of your hair.” I warned picking up a fork full of eggs preparing to launch them at her.

“Ok, fine. Don’t mess me up I’m meeting Rob this morning I hope the two of you don’t destroy the house while I’m gone.” Laura said leaving us alone and began eating. After I subdued my hunger I announced that I was going to take a shower and stood. I noticed that Jase gave me a lost puppy look so I stopped before turning to go out of the dining room doors.

“You can play a game while you wait Jase I won’t take as long as I did last night.” I said causing Jase to stand quickly. He smiled and nodded his head at Laura and she nodded back through chewing as he followed me up to my room.

“I thought you were going to leave me down there with her.” Jase breathed, it amused me that he was uncomfortable around my sister when she was in her annoying state of mind.

“She’s not that bad most days,” I said putting my arm around him leading him to my room even though he knew where that was already.

“Don’t forget your clothes this time,” Jase said jokingly when I walked to the bathroom door.

“Right,” I said turning to grab a pair of briefs from my drawer and headed to the bathroom to shower. I washed as quickly as I could muffling a shriek when I got shampoo in my eyes. When I got out and covered I opened the door.

“Jase you can come in and brush your teeth and stuff if you haven’t already,” I said turning to brush my teeth and putting deodorant on with my free hand.

“In a hurry for something?” Jase asked pointing at me multitasking.

“No why’d you ask?” I countered glancing over at him.

“You took less than a ten minute shower and now you’re brushing your teeth while putting on deodorant.” Jase pointed out.

“This is how I get ready normally.” I lied I just wanted to get the day started, a new day to get to know Jase a little better.

“Oh,” Jase replied shrugging and he began brushing his teeth.

“Bye shit heads, don’t miss me too much,” Laura yelled from my bedroom door.

“We won’t.” I offered dismissing her causing Jase to laugh.

“Is she always hyper like that?” Jase asked in a whisper.

“No she’s just putting on a show for you. She’s already scared off Tim and Evan.” I answered watching him in the mirror.

“Oh. Well I’m not scared,” Jase offered still whispering.

“Good I’ll warn you though. When she’s here don’t ever try to peak into her room to look at her. Evan and Tim learned the hard way.” I said, laughing at the image of my sister chasing Tim and Evan around the house threatening their lives.

“I don’t think I’ll ever want to do that,” Jase said, “I mean I want to keep my head on my shoulders and my balls attached to my body.” Dramatically shuddering as if the thought sickened him. I turned to look at him before I started laughing.

“Not scared huh?” I asked amused.

“I’m not scared I just can tell she’d kick my ass if I stepped across her lines.” Jase offered trying to sound confident.

“Oh, right,” I countered shrugging.

“Fuck you,” Jase growled smacking me in the arm.

“That hurt!” I shrieked rubbing my arm.

“You deserved it,” Jase stated flatly then looked over his styled hair before leaving.

“Why are you so dressed up to lounge around the house all day?” I asked joining him in the living room.

“Why do you think walking around in tighty whiteies is considered dressed?” Jase asked neglecting to answer my question.

“You even fixed your hair,” I countered not answering his.

“So?” Jase offered shrugging.

“Come here,” I stated taking a step towards him.

“What for?” Jase asked taking a step back.

“No need for you to look all good for just being in my house,” I answered taking a step towards him.

“Get that look off your face!” Jase shrieked smiling at me putting his hands up to try and stop my assault. I then grabbed his head putting it under my arm and took my other hand and ruffled up his hair.

“There that’s a lot better pretty boy,” I announced letting him go. He took a few steps back and rubbed his hair down.


“Are you always this open and playful?” Jase asked pretending to be annoyed.

“I am,” I lied I would never be dressed like this in front of Tim or Evan. I would never have messed up their hair or commented on their looks either.

“Well at least get some damn shorts on.” Jase said, “I don’t want to have to look at that.”

“You know you like it.” I argued grabbing a pair of shorts and putting it on.

“Well you’re mistaken,” Jase countered. I thought I had offended him because he sounded harsh when he spoke. Then I turned to study him and he grinned and I smiled relieved.

“What do you want to do today?” I asked Jase after a short pause.

“I don’t know, we swam yesterday and you suck ass at pool,” Jase answered smacking me on the shoulder.

“Yeah I don’t suck I was letting you win,” I said, but Jase busted out laughing right after I finished.

“Letting me is one thing, not hitting any of your balls in is another, freak.” Jase quipped shaking his head. “You’re something else you know that?”

“I guess,” I stated shrugging and blushing slightly. I was putting on a show and maybe I was leading him astray from what my real personality was. I did promise myself that I wasn’t going to be the careful boring guy anymore so I’m trying to convince myself that I was doing that with Jase here in my house. Going back to school or even to the party tonight I would only be pissed at myself if I couldn’t be as fun or charismatic with all my friends instead of just with Jase.

“Well I have a basketball court outside want to play a little one on one?” I asked hopeful.

“You’re three or four inches taller than me,” Jase pointed out.

“So. I’ll go easy on you little-man,” I said as I started putting on my ball shoes. “You’re not going to play in that are you?”

“I brought clothes to wear today and something to wear to the party. Nothing to play ball in.” Jase shrugged.


“Start stripping I got some shorts,” I said walking over to my drawers and pulled out a pair for him to wear. “No need to wear a shirt or anything it’s hot outside by now.”

“Ok,” Jase answered unzipping his jeans and letting them fall stepping out of them. Then he grabbed the shorts I handed him and put them on. Then he removed his shirt and put his shoes on.

“Alright lets play some ball!” I growled in my most macho voice I could muster and led the way outside to the ball court. This is a game I knew I could win at.

“Alright I get ball first,” Jase said motioning for the ball.

“Ok, but it’s not gonna matter,” I countered bounce passing the ball to him then got in a position to guard him. Then with that the game started. We didn’t set how many points won the game we just played. In the heat of the day it didn’t take our bodies long to become sweaty glistening in the light. We were both showing off and making gestures and comments once we get the better hand over the other. I don’t know how we lasted until Jase threw me the ball.

“I’m done dude,” Jase hissed breathing hard.

“Me too,” I said walking over to him slapping him on the ass.

“Let’s go swimming,” Jase said walking down the walkway to the pool.

“Just what I had in mind,” I agreed neither of us concerned that we didn’t have trunks on. I didn’t run over to the diving board I leisurely walked down the stairs entering the pool and Jase followed me into the pool. I sat down on the bottom step. The water only came up to my nipples. Jase had gone under the water once washing the sweat from his hair and face before sitting down beside me. We hadn’t recovered enough to play around in the pool, but it was the best way to cool off fast.

“About the party I don’t know anything about it.” Jase said a little unsure of him self.

“Well it’s at a guy’s house and his name is Chandler,” I answered shrugging. I didn’t know that much about the party either, but it wasn’t like we were going as a pair. Ann, Mandy, Tim, and Evan was all going and that gave me enough comfort to go, but to Jase it would be different he didn’t know them as well as I did.

“Well that tells me a lot.” Jase countered nudging me with his now cool wet shoulder.

“Well that’s all I have. Laura won’t go she doesn’t like Chandler for some reason,” I answered rolling my eyes. “We’ll survive though.”

“If you say so,” Jase answered leaning back to rest his back on the stair above the one we were sitting on.

“If you don’t want to go it’s more than fine it’s just some party, they’ll be more we can go to.” I offered mimicking his action of laying back.

“Oh, no, I’ll be fine,” Jase said. He didn’t look fine though. He looked nervous and the way the tone in his voice changed I could tell something was bothering him, but I was in no position to pry into things that personal.

“So are you going home after the party?” I asked not knowing his plans afterwards.

“I better, yeah. I don’t want to impose too much and I don’t think my mom would be thrilled if I missed church again this week,” Jase answered.

“Yeah, you wouldn’t be imposing though my mom likes seeing me be social,” I stated.

“I’ll keep that in mind.” Jase shrugged. “I don’t know what it is about you Andrew Keller, but you keep me entertained and on my toes.”

“Well thank you Jase Singer you’ve managed to entertain me this weekend too.” I said playfully watching as he blushed too.

“So let’s go get ready for that party I won’t let anything happen to you. I promise you that,” I whispered before standing.

“I’ll hold you to it,” Jase stated as he stood and followed me up the walkway us toweling off on the way.

“These don’t dry as quick as trunks so we have to strip before entering the house or mom will beat me for getting things wet.” I stated dramatically as I wrapped my towel around me and with my free hand pulled my shorts off. Then I opened the door then bent down picking up my socks and shoes and dried my legs off before stepping in. Jase apprehensively followed my actions and I closed the door after he walked through. Laura wasn’t back yet. I don’t know how Rob could entertain her for all this time, but I didn’t really want to know what has been going on with the two of them either.

“You can shower first this time,” Jase announced as we entered my room.

“No go ahead I’ll wash your clothes while we’re getting ready they should be dry before Evan’s brother picks us up for the party.” I offered, “Just get me what’s dirty so I can be doing that.” Jase thought about it for a second before handing me his wet underwear and the clothes he wore thus far. I then turned and went down to the laundry room still with the towel wrapped around my waist.

When I got down there I used the quiet alone time to really think about what I’m doing here with Jase. I had found a fast friend, but I invited him to my house the first time I met him. I wouldn’t do that normally I had more self control in that. I found myself wanting to touch Jase, hold him, kiss him, and do every sexual act I could think of with him. I was more than outwardly flirting with him. The thought scared me to death. I could say it was loss of teenage inhibitions with hormones going wild. I could lie and jot it up to trying to get to know him better, but it wasn’t that. I wanted more of Jase and before yesterday I didn’t even know his last name. I shook my head as I started the washing machine and leaned up against it.

“I’m not gay.” I whispered to myself out loud. It was supposed to convince me, but it only made me more confused at what this weekend meant for me. To Jase it was probably just a relieving weekend. Jase now has the reassurance of my friendship after this weekend. He wouldn’t be alone when he got back to school. If I made my feelings for him known to other people it very well could mean that I would be the one to end up alone. I had turned my back from the entrance of the door and I hadn’t noticed that I wasn’t alone in the washing machine until Jase spoke.

“The bathroom is free,” Jase announced he was standing there in boxers. His hair was still wet. When he spoke it caused me to jump. I didn’t know how long he had been there and I wondered if he had heard something I didn’t want him to.

“Uh, ok,” I answered studying him before I walked past him.

“Anything wrong you’re not all bouncy now?” Jase asked following me up the stairs.

“Yeah, I’m fine just got bored,” I lied as I grabbed a pair of light blue boxer briefs. “I won’t be long, put the clothes in the dryer when the washing machine’s buzzer goes off.” I continued and walked into the bathroom closing it behind me. I didn’t let my mind wonder in the shower. I had already expressed everything that was on my mind and I wanted to will that all away and have a blast tonight. I just washed in the warm water enjoying the feel. I then began to wash and got out when I heard Jase enter my bedroom dropping his duffle bag on the floor with a thump. When I dried and put my boxer briefs on I opened the door.

“You can come in and finish getting ready,” I said walking out. Jase had put light faded jeans on and a tight read polo shirt. The pants were ripped at the knees and at the mid thigh area. When I passed him I glanced and saw his black boxers through the holes in the back. He was dressed to impress I thought. I wanted to be just as hot as he was. I then went to my closet and found a light blue polo shirt and dark faded jeans that were ripped similar to his. I wore my pants a little less baggy than he, but they were still boot-cut. Then I looked myself over in my full-length mirror next to the television. Liking what I saw I joined Jase in the bathroom.

“Lookin’ good Andy,” Jase announced. “It’s better than the underwear look you’ve been strutting around.” He gelled his hair and examining himself for any stray spikes that didn’t look like they were sticking right.

“You’re looking pretty hot yourself. We’ll be beating girls off with sticks,” I stated gelling my hair. Then we heard a car horn outside. “That must be Evan and his brother.” I stood at the door watching Jase pick up his bag and I followed him with my eyes until he walked past me through my bedroom door. His eyes were on me the whole time he knew I was watching him. Before we got out side there was another honk and a few guys’ voices could be heard, but we couldn’t make out what was said.

“Hey Evan,” I greeted leaning to look into the passenger side door.

“No time to chat Keller get into the car,” Evan’s brother ordered but grinned over at me after I flipped him off. Jase opened his door and slid in behind Evan’s brother. I opened my door and got in behind Evan.

“Don’t get comfortable we have to swing back by and pick up the ladies. They weren’t quite done primping yet,” Evan said as we started down the road. I noticed him rolling his eyes when I looked up and saw him watching us through the rear view mirror.

“Ok,” I replied laughing slightly. “Where’s Tim?” I asked not hearing his name mentioned.

“We left him with Mandy at Ann’s house to hurry them up. They were no where near dressed when we got there on time.” Evan answered and we then rode with the only noise being the light rock music playing at a low comfortable volume. Evan’s brother was in his first year of college. Evan and him barely got along so it was odd that he’d do this for Evan. When we got there Mandy and Tim were kissing and holding hands as Ann was standing a foot away from them applying make-up. She used to not care about the way she looked until her and Evan got serious then I noticed her getting into fashion and make-up a lot more. She still kept her athletic abilities in tact not being more like Mandy the ever talking thin frame. She was always getting barked at by gym teachers for complaining or not doing something right. It just wasn’t in Mandy to get down and dirty, but she was smarter and more entertaining than anyone I knew.

“Bout time you get done,” Evan screeched opening the door for Ann to join him in the front seat.

“We’re all supposed to squeeze into the back seat?” Tim asked as he opened the door and looked in.

“No babe we’re sticking you on the roof of the car,” Mandy countered nudging him forcefully into the car. Tim stumbled and his face ended up in my lap before I could get out of the way. The act made me jump and Jase busted out laughing.

“Sorry dude.” Tim apologized after he sat up and scooted over. “Mandy can be a bit pushy.” It earned a slap on the arm from Mandy. I could tell they were all a little excited about tonight.

“I thought that we didn’t have time for you to stand around asking dumb questions,” Mandy countered as she got in his lap and shut the door.

“It’s just a party we can arrive whenever we want to,” Tim grumbled.

“No she was right I have some beers in the trunk we have to get there and get them on ice,” Evan’s brother countered driving in the direction out of town.

“Where are we going Craig?” Evan asked his brother after a while when all the houses disappeared and fields were common.

“Somewhere hidden from all the nosey cops. If we had the party at Chand’s house then it would have been broken up before it even started.” Craig replied pulling into a dirt road that entered the woods.

“Oh. It’s a long way off for just a little party,” Evan said as a large cabin hidden by trees from the road came into form.

“This is a Redmont High party there isn’t anything small about it.” Craig said shutting the car down. A few guys I didn’t know came running up to the car as the trunk opened and everyone stepped out.

“You brought freshmen?” One of them asked Craig looking us over.

“Yeah they’re cool man don’t sweat it,” Craig replied and walked over his trunk. “Carry the beer in and put it in coolers.” The guys grabbed the cases and took them toward the house. It was a lot I wondered how Craig was able to get that many cases of beer into the trunk of his small car. Jase looked like he was about ready to piss himself when I looked over at him. Mandy was latched on to Tim a little unsure of herself as well. Ann was acting like she was calm, but I knew when she tapped one of her feet she was uncomfortable or pissed. Evan was the most confident out of my friends. I guess he should be with an older brother here to look out for him.

“Come on lets go walk around a little.” I said walking in the direction of the house. The party wasn’t even started yet. The few people that were here were still setting up for it. Running around gathering CD’s to put into the largest player I ever saw. Some girls were in the kitchen pouring chips and other foods out of their containers and into bowls while the ones that helped carry in cases of beer where emptying them into coolers. Then I noticed kegs being rolled into the kitchen from a downstairs walkway that probably led into a basement where Chandler kept it all stashed away.

“This is going to be huge if it takes all these people to get it all together.” I whispered to Jase excitedly as I could trying to hide my fear and uncomfortable feelings. I would only know four other people here. We’ll be surrounded by upper classmen a lot of upper classmen. As I continued looking around I saw people in the corner rolling joints and a person already trashed off dancing by herself to the blaring music. She had little clothes on and a plastic cup in her hand.

“Evan you said that this was going to be a small get together not a rave full of drunken losers,” Ann hissed loud enough for everyone to hear.

“Oh come on loosen up,” Evan countered, the comment only made Ann’s arms cross and a pissed expression cross her face. “Don’t be like that we can stay away from people and no one is going to give you trouble he looked us all over. “You’re all just a bunch of pussies.”

“Don’t be scared, these retards will notice if we’re uncomfortable so just calm down,” Mandy announced as she forced a smile.

“Yeah if we want to leave later Craig will take us surely so just give it a chance.” Evan offered it caused Ann to soften and take Evan’s hand again.

Almost an hour passed and people were done preparing and people were starting to arrive. There was a hot tub that was up and running. Chandler was obviously loaded, but I haven’t met him yet. I wanted to get a look at him after the reaction my sister had when I mentioned his party. Evan then disappeared leaving us as he entered the kitchen.


“Where did he go?” I asked Ann who just shrugged.

“He let go of my hand and walked away into the kitchen,” Ann answered shaking her head. “This sucks ass from now on we throw our own parties and get stuff.” Her tapping foot speeding up, she was uncomfortable.

“Yeah I should have known things were going to be bad when Evan was the one to start it,” Mandy stated causing Tim to laugh.

“Oh come on guys lighten up a little we’re not in middle school we’re in high school these are supposed to be the best four years of our lives.” I said, my sister’s words of wisdom.

“Yeah, but I want to survive to enjoy the other three,” Jase countered causing Ann and Mandy to laugh. I just rolled by eyes and shook my head my sister partied when she was a freshman and she came out well enough it wasn’t like we were partying with convicts at some jail these were high school students not psychotic killers.

“Alright ladies refreshments all around,” Evan said stepping into the middle of the group holding a tray with six plastic glasses.

“This better be apple juice,” Ann stated not taking a glass while everyone else did.

“Well it’s not, there wasn’t any,” Evan countered motioning for her to pick it up. “Oh come on Ann one glass isn’t going to do shit.”

“Come on go get her a glass of water, better yet go get me one too.” Mandy ordered putting her glass back. “I’m sure there is a sink somewhere in this house.”

“God you people don’t know how to live,” Evan said not moving.

“It’s just beer girls,” Tim added causing the both of them to roll their eyes.

“And we’re just freshmen at a senior party where everyone will be trashed we need to stay sober so we can avoid people better you asses. If you want to drink that’s fine, but I’m not going to.” Ann growled walking through the living room and out the door.

“Tim I’m unhappy with you. I hope some large drunken slut wants to fondle you and you be too drunk to get away.” Mandy said leaving us.

“Well this is a disaster, might as well call their mommies to come get them.” Tim huffed putting the glass to his lips and chugging the beer. Tim then grabbed the glass Mandy was holding and started drinking it too. I then turned to Jase and I was surprised to see him sipping on his beer. Evan had started chugging the beer he had been drinking and me the only guy not doing the gesture.

“I’ll go check on them,” I announced setting my drink down.

“Come on you fag take a drink.” Evan hissed playfully causing me to stop walking. I grimaced as soon as he said those words, but I forced a smile before I turned around taking my glass with me. When I got outside to where Ann and Mandy was I poured my beer onto the ground not taking a drink. Ann and Mandy both looked at me weirdly before they smiled at me.

“I’m not going to drink tonight either,” I said smiling at them both.

“Good we’ll stay with you while they get molested,” Mandy replied causing Ann to frown.

“They’ll be fine Ann let’s just go keep an eye on things and try to get as much fun out of this night as possible.” I offered, it was enough to make the two come back inside with me. It was getting dark outside and more people were gathering. They were noticeably on edge before they noticed me.

“I can’t believe Evan pressured me that much,” Ann whispered as Mandy and her intertwined their arms with mine on either side of me.

“That’s just Evan being Evan,” I stated playfully she looked up at me. This whole party really had Ann on edge. She was normally together and composed. She wasn’t tonight and it angered me that Evan showed little consideration to Ann’s feelings. When we returned to where we left the three. Jase was the only one left he had taken a seat at a table by himself.

“Where are the party animals?” I asked sitting down next to Jase. His drink was empty and he was playing with it.

“To get more drinks,” Jase answered as Mandy and Ann sat down in the two chairs to the left of me.

“How many have they had?” I asked as they returned with a full tray. Jase didn’t get him another glass.

“They just had two each, but now they’re trying to out do each other.” Jase whispered as he intently watched the two of them start chugging another glass down.

“You two are pathetic you know that,” Ann said rolling her eyes.

“We’re having fun,” Evan countered after he finished his glass and took another one. We sat there and watched as Evan and Tim downed all the drinks on the tray before they took off for the kitchen again.

“That makes the both of them drinking six each.” Jase said watching them. “They’ll be trashed in about twenty minutes and it’s going to be funny as hell.”

“I hope they make fools of themselves,” Mandy said not liking it at all.

“That will teach them if they become every senior’s target for humiliation,” Ann agreed. “I can’t believe I’m not enough fun for him that he’d have to go and drink.”

“It’s not you Ann it’s just them wanting to fit in with everyone else,” Jase countered carefully.

“Yeah, the drunken crowd never really appealed to me,” Ann said then she started scanning the dance floor.

“Then why did you come?” A voice came from behind us.

“Um, because my boyfriend came,” Ann stammered turning around to look at the person who asked her the question. I turned to see a very attractive guy standing behind us. He had his shirt off and he had one of those liquid filled necklaces that glowed after you activated them around his neck.

“You’re all freshmen right?” The guy asked taking a seat next at the table where Tim was sitting.

“Yeah,” Mandy answered after awhile after none of us answered.

“That’s what I thought.” The guy replied smiling weirdly. Then Tim and Evan joined us with a tray full of drinks again Evan sat down next to the guy and looked at him briefly before taking a glass and drinking it.

“Dude you’re uhh in my seat,” Tim slurred Tim had his own tray this time.

“Sorry,” The guy replied scooting one seat over filling up the chairs at the table. “So you must be the boyfriends of these two then.” The guy then pointed to Ann and Mandy.

“Yeah so leave em’ alone dude,” Evan growled looking over at Ann.

“I was just wondering, go back to what you were doing,” The guy said sounding a little annoyed.

“I have to use the bathroom,” Jase said getting up.

“Down the hall to your left dude. Fourth door on the left to be exact don’t wanna walk in on the couples,” The guy stated pointing to the hallway he meant. We all turned to take note of where the bathroom was just in case we all had to go.

“What’s your name man?” I asked after Jase disappeared into the hallway.

“The names Chandler Morrison,” Chandler answered extending his hand. I took it and shook politely. I had finally met Chandler. I wasn’t positive that it was the Chandler that my sister was talking about, but it caused me to have ill feelings towards the guy anyway.

“So are you the guy that threw this party?” I asked, but before he answered Chandler lost interest and left the table yelling someone’s name. Ann, Mandy, and me had started talking about school ignoring the now drunk Evan and Tim mumbling to each other about which one is going to be able to drink more. They hadn’t finished what was on their trays, but the trash talking had begun. I could see them passing out still trying to out do the other. Only stopping for that reason alone.

“Jase still hasn’t come back yet,” I said noticing that Jase had been gone for at least twenty minutes.

“There was probably a line or something he’ll be ok,” Mandy offered, “These two are the two we should be watching out for.” Pointing at Evan and Tim and looking amused. Tim had put his arm around Evan and they were swaying and laughing at something the rest of us had missed. Their trays were empty, but neither of them got up to go get more. More time passed and I was becoming increasingly aware that Jase was taking a long time. Lines shouldn’t be this long there were probably five or six bathrooms in this place.

“I’m going to go look for Jase will you two be ok?” I asked, but Mandy and Ann stood.

“We’ll go with you,” Ann answered and we took off down the hallway. It was a dimly lit hallway and it was long. We heard girls moaning in one of the doors it caused us to laugh slightly, but Jase was nowhere to be found. Then in the last room we heard crashing noises.

“Wow them two are really going at it,” Mandy stated shaking her head disgusted.

“Jase are you in there?” I asked after knocking on the bathroom door.

“I’ll be done in a minute fuck!” A slurred girl’s voice yelled from behind the door.

“That wasn’t Jase,” Ann announced. My heart started beating fast as I turned the knob of the door that I heard the crashes from. It was unlocked.

“Don’t bother the animals in there they’ll attack,” Mandy countered, but I threw open the door anyway.

“Stop that right now!” Ann screamed from behind me at the sight we all saw. It didn’t get the attention of the guy who was beating the person that he was on top of.

“Ann go get help!” Came a muffled voice that caused my mind to go blank. It was Jase’s voice.

“Holy fuck you asshole stop that!” Ann screeched again, but I ran into the room jumping on top of the guy knocking him off the bed. Jase was under the covers curled up into a ball. The guy got up and I turned to look at him. I didn’t know who he was. I didn’t care I just clenched both fists and jumped off the bed on top of the unknown guy. I knocked him down and I was sitting on his waist punching him repeatedly with both my fists.

“Mandy he looks really bad lets get him up,” Ann ordered snapping Mandy out of her shock.

“Stop Andy and help us,” Mandy pleaded causing Jase to come to mind again. I then stood.

“If you don’t leave this fucking room right now you’ll be sorry you piece of shit.” I growled then kicked the guy in the stomach as he cowered into a ball in the floor much like Jase had in the bed. I watched as the guy got up and ran out the door holding his face. I then turned to Jase and got on the bed leaning close to him.

“I’m here now Jase you’re ok,” I whispered carefully as I rubbed my hand down his cheek as bruises had already started forming. The guy had done a number on Jase and it angered me. Jase isn’t the kind of person to cause trouble. Hell, he went out of his way to avoid it. I didn’t recognize the guy that had beat him. I didn’t take time to notice who he was either.

“You promised me,” Jase whispered angrily. “You broke your word don’t touch me.”

“I’m uh…” I started before Mandy interrupted me.

“You need to try and stand so we can find Craig and leave ok,” Mandy ordered softly as Ann walked around the bed after Jase pulled his arm out of my grasp when I tried to help him to sit up.

“Go find Craig,” Ann ordered turning to me. “We’ll be alright.” I made no effort to leave Jase’s side. When she looked at me again I nodded sadly and quickly went in search for Craig. When I found him he was making out with a girl on the couch.

“Craig we need to go home,” I said loudly so that he could hear me over the music.

“Find your own way home you little shit,” Craig slurred and I rolled my eyes. He was drunk and he wasn’t going to be much help. I then saw Tim and Evan still sitting at the table both of them looked like they had a bad case of the flu and I got angry. I had no one and Jase was mad at me. So I pulled out my cell phone and dialed quickly.

“Come and get us Laura something has happened to Jase.” I said as Laura answered the phone.

“Ok,” Laura said quickly hanging up the phone. I then turned to Tim and Evan.

“Can you two walk outside on your own?” I asked them both.

“Yeah,” They both stuttered and stood up. They had to lean on one another, but after I told them to sit down outside on a wooden bench I left to go back inside for Jase. When I got there Ann was rubbing his back in the bathroom as he was leaning over the toilet vomiting.

“It’s ok you’ll feel better after you get that out,” Mandy soothed bending down to whisper in Jase’s ear.

“Don’t cry honey it’s over now,” Ann stated softly grabbing a wet paper towel and handing it to him after they got him to stand. Jase then wiped off his face. The dried blood that hid the bruises and cuts on his face. Ann lifted his shirt to examine him better. His chest and stomach was covered in bruises.

“Come on we need to get you outside,” Ann whispered she looked over at me. I then walked up to Jase and started to pat him on the shoulder.

“Don’t touch me. Stay away from me.” Jase growled causing me to step back frowning. I then let them pass as they walked Jase out of the bathroom. I followed them being useless. I had promised to watch over Jase and I had failed him bad. When we got him outside without many people being concerned about him. Laura hadn’t arrived yet so I walked over to Craig’s car and took Jase’s bag out of the back seat and joined my group of friends. I was going to carry Jase’s bag, but when he had noticed me carrying it he grabbed it from my hands and he let the bag hit the dirt him holding weakly onto the strap. “Stay away from me!” I stepped back then, giving him space.

“Jase, Andy didn’t do anything he’s trying to help you,” Ann stated evenly glancing in my direction.

“Little too late for that,” Jase countered sadly. I wanted to walk up to him and hug him tightly until he accepted our friendship again. I would have done anything to help him. I had to fight back tears that were beginning to cloud my vision. Then I turned to see Laura running up to where we were. Her purse flopping behind her as she ran her face looking pale and horrified.

“Who done it?” Laura demanded after looking at Jase.

“We don’t know Laura,” I answered weakly.

“Andy did a number on the guy though,” Mandy offered causing Laura to turn to look at me.

“Describe him to me,” Laura ordered.

“He was wearing a yellow shirt Laura that’s all I know. We don’t have time for this we need to get him somewhere other than here.” I answered and she nodded.

“Follow me to the car,” Laura announced turning and walking down the dirt road. She had to part a distance from the house but when we got there she opened the door.

“Andy slide in you’re sitting in between me and Jase,” Laura ordered. I went to get in before Jase stopped me.

“No,” Jase whispered causing me to lose it. I started crying those tears that had threatened to come out earlier.

“I’ll get in,” Ann announced walking passed me patting me on the back a few times before sliding in. Laura then helped Mandy get him in and then Tim and Evan crawled in the back. Mandy and I then crammed ourselves back there with them.

“You two vomit you’re dead,” Laura growled before she took off in the direction of our town. Laura then took everyone home leaving Jase in the front seat and me in the back. I started at the back of his head the whole time in that car.

“Are we taking you home Jase?” Laura asked stopping at Jase’s house.

“Yeah,” Jase whispered.

“Ok. Laura said getting out of the car after parking it. She then walked over and opened the door for Jase. I made no attempt to get out of the car. I could hear Jase’s mother freaking out as she and Laura helped Jase inside. Laura then came back and got in. Laura didn’t ask me about what happened. We rode in silence. Mom was asleep when we got home. I walked up to my room letting the tears escape my eyes again. Laura knocked on my door, but I told her to go away she didn’t become the pushy sister I knew she was. She left me alone and I fell asleep when the birds started chirping sometime in the morning. Jase was in my mind all night his words haunting me. I didn’t know how to make it right, but I knew I had to find a way.

Copyright © 2010 Krista; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Sad 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Wow! When Andy discovered it was Jase at the wrong end of the beat down, he didn't waste a second jumping to his defense beating the crap out of his assailant! I don't believe any of my friends would ever have responded like Andy. Most would have cowered in another room. That boy has it bad for Jase! It's sad Jase feels betrayed by Andy not protecting him; but, his reaction is understandable and hopefully short-lived. I have to admit that my eyes were welling-up reading the end of this chapter. Very few writers have drawn me so emotionally into their tales as you have, Krista. Thank you for the experience.

Link to comment

I was worried when Jase left on his own as it sounds weird for him to have a bodyguard going to the bathroom but considering those two seniors who were ganging up on him at school could have been at the party I was worried something would happen. I wonder if that was just some pissed off drunken idiot or if it was leading up to an attempt at rape considering Jase was being beaten in a bedroom. I understand him being upset and while I know Andy promised he’d protect him now I feel equally worried for both as Andy will blame himself for what happened. I hope Jase starts talking to him again soon.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..