Jump to content
    Krista
  • Author
  • 4,781 Words
  • 4,486 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Something Unexpected - 3. Chapter 3

“So little brother gets beaten up on the second day of school.” Laura announced as we entered the empty house.


“Yeah, what is with some people? Do they have sticks jammed up their asses?” I asked looking at her.


“Some people do actually.” Laura responded nodding. “What do you want to eat shit-head?” She draped her arm around my shoulder and led me into the kitchen.


“Uh, spaghetti.” I responded sitting down on a stool.


“Well, no time to sit around because that’s what I want too. Come get me when you’re finished.” Laura said smiling as she started walking up to her room.


“Should’ve seen that one coming.” I mumbled weakly. I was gathering up the pots and pans to prepare dinner when my cell rang in my pocket. I looked at the caller Id before answering.


“Hello Evan.” I said as I answered the phone.


“Hey bud, what are you doing?” Evan asked. Him calling me seemed a little strange, we’re friends, but we hardly ever talked outside of school.


“Preparing the bitch some dinner,” I answered causing him to laugh.


“Sounds like you’re the bitch,” Evan countered before laughing again.


“Yeah, guess so,” I said filling a pot with water to start it boiling.


“What are you doing this weekend?” Evan asked after a short pause.


“Uh, nothing really just sitting around the house,” I answered remembering my plans with Jase on Saturday.


“There’s a party this weekend. I think you should tag along with us and go,” Evan said excitedly.


“Uh, well I can’t, I have a friend coming over Saturday and I have basketball try-outs tomorrow after school. I’m swamped dude, sorry.” I answered not really wanting to go to the party anyway.


“The party is Saturday night. If your friend is still there, just drag him and your hot sister along with you,” Evan countered, taking no for an answer.


“How did you know my friend was a guy?” I asked a little worried.


“Because dude, girls over at your house other than your sister would be shocking for someone who has never had a girlfriend.” Evan answered jokingly, but it freaked me out. They had noticed that I never had a girlfriend.


“Uh, well ok.” I answered not knowing what would be the safe thing for me to say.


“You’re so weird, you know that?” Evan stated rhetorically.


“I guess so.” I answered as I poured the dried spaghetti into the boiling water.


“So, my brother is going to drive us to the party if you’re going. We need to know whether or not you’re going.” Evan stated evenly.


“Your brother is driving us to a non-chaperoned high school party?” I asked blown away that his brother, who was in college studying business, would be taking us. Evan’s brother was a dork that always had his head stuck in a book and was not the irresponsible type to just drop kids off at some party.


“Well yeah,” Evan answered like I had asked a stupid question.


“I don’t know, I’ll tell you Friday after school.” I said not wanting to answer for Jase.


“Ok man, I guess that’ll work,” Evan answered and then hung up the phone without saying anything else. The whole conversation was wasted since I couldn’t give him an answer.


“It’s done bitch! Come and get it!” I shouted and listened as Laura came down the stairs and into the kitchen.


“If you done anything to it, I’ll kill you,” Laura threatened as she grabbed a plate full and took it to the dining room to eat. I soon joined her with a salad.


“Why didn’t you get any spaghetti?” Laura asked nervously as I hadn’t gotten any spaghetti after I said that I wanted some.


“Because I’m trying to stay fit for basketball try-outs tomorrow.” I answered as I took a bite of my salad and watched her.


“You’re such a fag sometimes! Eat some spaghetti, it won’t do anything to your body.” Laura countered as she chopped her spaghetti into small, easy to maneuver pieces.


“I’m not a fag,” I argued taking another bite.


“I wonder since you didn’t want to date Ann and Mandy and now those two retards you call your friends are dating them.” Laura said raising an eyebrow. I knew she was teasing, but she was also right. I’m glad she didn’t know it though.


“They’re not my type,” I said carefully.


“Maybe Jase is more your speed,” Laura said as she stole a bite from my salad.


“Shut up or you’ll regret it.” I warned sliding my salad away from her before she could take another bite.


“Yeah shit-head, what are you going to do? Kick me in the balls?” Laura asked rolling her eyes.


“Well that’s not what I had in mind, but now that you mentioned them,” I countered smiling at her.


“Fuck you” Laura hissed smiling at me, before a fork full of spaghetti hit me across the face.


“Watch it! That shit stains!” I groaned trying to catch the spaghetti strands before they hit my clothes.


“Ha! Total fag, I knew it,” Laura announced laughing.


“I’m not a fag you whore,” I spat, taking the spaghetti from my face and throwing it back at her.


“You’ll die for that!” Laura screeched standing up looking at her shirt grimacing.


“You shouldn’t dish it out if you can’t take it,” I countered proudly.


“Oh yeah? Well Take this!” She growled as she picked up her plate and poured it over my head before I could move out of her way.


“What in the world are you two doing?” Mom asked as her jaw dropped and her purse fell from her hand.


“Uh, it was…”I started but smiled embarrassed.


“You better clean this up,” Mom ordered while looking at the sight in front of her. Me covered in spaghetti and Laura with only a few stray splatters of tomato sauce on her shirt. She shook her head and started laughing before leaving us to clean up.


“You heard her clean it up its your mess anyway,” I said standing and letting the spaghetti fall to the floor.


“Ok, but tell me something first.” Laura stated seriously.


“Fine,” I said wiping my arms off with a napkin praying that my clothes won’t be permanently stained. Laura studied me for a couple of seconds making me nervous as hell.


“How’d you like your spaghetti sir? Was it to your liking?” Laura asked laughing and I breathed a sigh of relief.


“It was a little mushy,” I stated trying to sound like a snobby, refined old man.


“So mom obviously didn’t notice that bruise,” Laura pointed out as she wiped the table as I mopped the floor of the dining room ever thankful that it wasn’t carpet.


“I don’t think she could with all that spaghetti,” I replied, wondering why we didn’t have a maid to do this for us.


“Well, what are we going to do about Bradley Jameson?” Laura asked as I stood beside her studying the dining room to make sure we got it all cleaned.


“It was just a misunderstanding,” I offered not wanting to cause a scene at the school.


“Yeah, but the ass hit you over it.” Laura announced sounding annoyed. “I’m the only person that is aloud to abuse you.”


“I’ll be ok. I don’t need my sister protecting me, even though you are scary.” I responded nudging her with my elbow.


“Ok, I’ll just do it myself then,” Laura said nudging me back. “The retard is going to get his that’s for sure. I just won’t say that you told me his name.” This reminded me why I loved her.


“Evan is wanting me to drag you to a party this weekend,” I said still standing in the dining room.


“Chandler’s party, he throws it every year,” Laura said walking out of the dining room.


“Well?” I asked following her into the kitchen.


“Well what?” Laura asked turning around to lean against the counter.


“Are you going?” I asked noticing how she changed her attitude a little.

“Chandler isn’t a great person,” Laura sighed as she searched for mom.

“Oh, how is he a bad guy?” I asked wanting to know if he had done anything to her that she was not telling anyone about.

“He’s just some spoiled kid that can’t hold is liquor.” Laura answered entering the living room where mom was sitting.

“You two need to go put those clothes in the washer before the sauce dries.” Mom said after looking up and seeing that we hadn’t changed yet. “Hold it! Is that a bruise Andrew?” She got up and walked over to inspect me closer.

“Yes it is.” I answered as she grabbed my chin to turn my head to the side so she could get a better look.

“How’d you get a bruise that bad?” Mom asked looking over to Laura for a second before turning back to me.

“I got punched for being in the way. It was just a misunderstanding.” I answered while gently taking my head from her grasp and stepping back away from her. “I’ll go get the laundry going so bring me your clothes after you change Laura.

I had always told my mother the truth since I hadn’t done anything worth lying about before. I was a good kid and for me to do something bad would be a huge shock for my parents. Laura on the other hand is wild. She’s been lying to them since her freshman year and they hadn’t caught her in any of them yet. They weren’t around enough to catch her sneaking around or coming home drunk or covered in sweat from her wild nights out.


“Ok.” Laura responded when I was halfway up the stairs. She then started following me up the stairs to change.” We won’t tell her about that fight you were in too. I mean you just started high school and telling her about it will mean that you’ll have no fun for the next four years. They’re best years of your life.” I turned to look at her before entering my room, but she kept walking so I went into my room and changed. I then walked down stairs to the laundry room and started the washer.

When Laura finally brought me her clothes, I had time to think about the party Evan wanted to drag me to. Then what Laura had said about these four years being the best in a person’s life. I didn’t want to be boxed in anymore. I didn’t want to be the nice boy that ends up forgotten by people or the perfect guy that people think is some kind of holy saint. I was falling into that reputation and it was becoming boring to me.

“Here shit-head.” Laura said shoving her clothes into my chest.

“So are you going to that Chandler guy’s party this weekend?” I asked her in a hushed voice.

“Uh, I don’t think I will,” Laura responded after a short pause.

“Did something happen between him and you?” I asked curious as to why the party girl wanted to skip this party.

“No I just don’t like the guy,” Laura answered crossing her arms.

“That’s no reason to skip a party,” I said casually leaning against the washer.

“I just don’t want to go but I’ll cover for you if Mom asks about it.” Laura huffed in a raised voice. Her face was a little red and I knew there was something she wasn’t telling me about Chandler. It pissed me off knowing that something Chandler may have done has upset her. It had to be something bad I thought.

“Ok. Well it depends on what Jase wants to do,” I announced letting it drop. Laura only tells what she wants to tell.


“He’s a nice boy,” Laura said looking at me. The statement freaked me out a little but I found myself nodding anyway.

“Well, I don’t know that much about him. He just doesn’t know anyone in school and I didn’t want him to go friendless.” I said hoping she hadn’t noticed my reaction to her statement.

“Awe, my little brother being the nice guy,” Laura gushed sounding more sarcastic than sincere while rubbing my head with her hand messing up my spaghetti-dried hair.

“Well, I know I’d hate to go without friends,” I answered blushing and walking out of the room leaving Laura to put the clothes in the dryer. I had wanted to play a little basketball to sharpen the skills a bit before tryouts tomorrow but the food fight had wasted time so I just took a long relaxing shower and went to bed after doing my home work.

The next morning Mom had slept in and I had been an idiot for forgetting to set my alarm. I woke up to Laura beating on my door, which meant I was late.

“Get up shit-head or you’re going to miss the bus!” Laura screeched as I stood to stretch before opening the door.

“I’m up leave me alone.” I groaned heading into my bathroom willing away my morning erection in my boxer briefs.

“Be out in ten minutes or you’ll be walking to school,” Laura said causing me to roll my eyes. I had wondered why Mom slept in today? I normally do forget to set my alarm but she would normally wake me up when she noticed that I was lagging behind in the morning. I didn’t have time to go check on Mom as I ran outside hearing the bus give a warning honk though.

The nervousness didn’t hit me until the bus ride had begun. I had memorized where Jase would be getting on and I wanted to know all I could about the boy. He intrigued me like no one else ever had. I’ve never had a best friend that I could confide in. I was the closest to Ann but I didn’t dare tell her what had been going on in my mind for the past couple of days. I didn’t feel I could confide in her even though it was just Jase that I was thinking about. They were purely innocent thoughts. It wasn’t like I was trying to picture him naked or stuff like that. I did want to know him at a deeper level and had since the first time I met him when he gave me that polite, but apprehensive, grin. There were plenty of open seats on the bus, but he had wanted to sit with me, and that meant something to me.


“Hey,” Jase greeted in a hushed voice. I was so deep in thought that I hadn’t been paying attention to the world around me and I jumped at the sudden appearance of him.

“Oh hey, I’m still asleep, sorry,” I replied moving my bag so he could sit down.

“It’s okay, I’m not a morning person either.” Jase announced looking over at me.

“Evan wants me to go to a party Saturday night,” I said. I looked as our knees touched and I apprehensively moved my knee away from his. Hoping he hadn’t noticed the reaction I had to the touch.

“Oh, so I guess you don’t want me to come over this weekend then,” he replied trying hard to hide his disappointment.

“No, I do, but we can both go to the party if you want or we can stay at my house and not go either.” I rushed, not wanting him to think I wasn’t thinking of him.

“Oh well, a party seems great,” Jase said smiling at me more confidently than he did the day I had first met him.

“Yeah, it’ll give everyone a chance to get to know you better,” I said as I stood to get off the bus in front of the school.

“Yeah, I don’t want to be caught eating my lunch in the bathroom again,” Jase said and then blushed slightly.

“Ha, yeah at least it was Evan and not some retard,” I answered following him off the bus.

“Hey Jase! Hey Andy!” Laura greeted us as she approached. “Point out Bradley Jameson and I’ll make him pay.”

“You’re really going to do something to him?” I asked as I started scanning the crowd.

“Yeah,” Laura confidently replied.

“There he is.” I pointed, “But you don’t have to do anything to him.” Noticing that he was standing with his girlfriend. I had forgotten her name already and I felt bad that I had given the name of her boyfriend to my sister. Laura acted like she hadn’t heard me, took off in Bradley’s direction. She was out of hearing range but Jase and I intently watched as she grabbed his balls hard causing him to jump and then not struggle. Then we watched her turn then say something to shut up his girlfriend who was protesting. She whispered something in Bradley’s ear and then patted him on the face before letting go while knocking his books out of his hand. The she flipped him off and started walking back over to us.

“What did you say to him?” Jase asked curiously.

“I told him if he doesn’t watch how he treats other people that he’d be walking funny for the rest of his life,” Laura replied smiling over at me.

“Great he knows that you meant what he did to me,” I sighed and shook my head frowning.

“So what if he does? I’ll permanently give him bruised balls,” Laura snapped and turned to glance at the still shaken Bradley. “I mean he is a senior picking on my little freshman brother.”

“Then why didn’t you know who he was if he’s a senior?” I asked stupidly.

“Look around retard! This isn’t exactly a small school.” Laura said while patting my shoulder. She suddenly stopped when Rob came up and slapped her on the ass.

“Hey babe,” Rob greeted Laura, and received a frown in response.

“Don’t slap my ass again Robert! How many times do you have to be told something?” Laura hissed, shaking her head before stomping off angrily.

“What are you looking at, you little shits?” Rob asked as he glared at Jase and me.

“I don’t know I’m still trying to figure it out.” I said before turning to face Jase. “Do you have any idea what we’re looking at?”

“Uh, well, um, no,” Jase, stammered while watching Rob carefully.

“You smart ass little fucks!” Rob growled, as he was getting visibly angry.

“Piss off Robert!” I hissed then crossed my arms. I was scared shitless but no one treats my sister like trash.

“Don’t tell me what to do little man,” Rob countered as he took a step towards me.

“What’s going on here?” Tim asked surprising me then I noticed as Ann, Evan, and Mandy gathered around us.

“Nothing,” I answered after a long pause. “We’d better get to class instead of wasting time out here. The bell is about to ring.” I walked around Rob and everyone started following me.

“Yeah, that’s what I thought you little fuck.” Rob hissed as he turned around and crossing his arms triumphantly.

“You think?” I asked sarcastically and turned to look at him before turning back to my friends. My little outburst left Mandy and Ann laughing loudly as they looked over at Rob’s reaction.

“You’ll get yours soon enough squirt,” Rob bellowed from a few feet behind us. I turned to watch as he went in search for Laura with his face red in anger.

“What the hell were you thinking?” Evan asked me as we entered the school. “That’s a huge ass senior you just pissed off.”

“He treats my sister like shit and I’ve had enough of it. Besides he won’t do shit to me because Laura would dump his ass and he needs her.” I answered before saying bye to Jase, Evan, and Ann. I followed Tim and Mandy into the gym.

My paranoia had subsided by lunch. I hadn’t let on that I was scared shitless when I stood up to Rob, but I knew that he’d kick my ass for sure if he ever caught me alone and my sister would have no idea that he had done it. I would tell her that he beat my ass down if it ever came to it. I didn’t want him in my sister’s life anymore, and if I got a few more bruises to achieve that goal, then so be it.

“So are you coming with all of us to that party?” Ann asked as she gracefully sat down at our lunch table to wait for everyone else to show.

“Yeah, I’m bringing Jase along too,” I answered looking over at her for any reaction.

“Oh that’s cool,” Ann replied smiling at me. “Are you trying out for basketball today after school?”

“Yeah,” I replied noticing that Evan and everyone else had emerged from the serving area with trays in hand.


“See you at the gym then, girl’s tryouts are today in the gym too,” Ann replied as everyone took his or her seat.


“Hey guys,” I greeted everyone.


“Andy, are you going to the party or not?” Evan asked as soon as he sat down.


“Yeah him and Jase are going.” Ann answered and then looked over at me smiling.


“How has your day been so far?” I asked Jase who had brought his lunch again.


“As good as it gets I guess,” Jase answered shrugging.


“Those assholes after you again?” I asked in a low voice leaning closer to him.


“Oh, no I’ve just been paranoid that Rob was gonna come after me,” Jase answered blushing.


“Oh, me too,” I answered and smiled back at him causing him to laugh a little.


“So how are you going to get to my house?” I asked Jase.


“Oh, I just thought I’d spend the night tonight and you pick me up after basketball tryouts,” Jase answered looking over at me.


“Ok, that’ll work too. What is your number in case something happens?” I asked. Jase handed me a piece of paper with his number already written on it and I jotted the number down in my cell. Then I flipped the paper around and wrote my number down on it. “Here’s my number.”


“We’re all set then,” Jase said while looking it over.


“Yeah, it should be fun,” I countered and nodded my head in approval.


I was nervous about spending the night with him. Our house was nice but the guestrooms had been converted into a lab for my mom as her practice upgraded and an office for my dad. Jase would have to sleep in my room and possibly with me in the bed. The thought interested me and I wanted him to be lying next to me with our bodies touching throughout the night.


The day went by without Rob kicking my ass and as I entered the gym the coaches had everyone line up on the baseline. The line was mixed with girls and guys and I was frowning at what could be happening. Ann entered shortly after I did. We were dressed in gym uniforms like everyone else except the remaining players of last year’s team who were wearing the team uniforms.


“This is going to suck huge ass,” Ann whispered as she got in line beside me.


“No shit.” I replied stretching. Then two whistles blew at the same time.


“Anyone that comes in now is late and is automatically cut from the teams.” One coach said as they both walked over to a table that was sitting in the middle of the gym.


“I’m Coach Swan and this is Coach Anderson. I am the girl’s coach and he’s the boy’s.” Coach Swan announced. He was a young guy who looked fresh out of college and very fit and strict. Coach Anderson was older with graying hair, but still looked like he could kick anyone’s ass. There were a lot of people trying out for the team. Over fifty girls and guys were lined up in the gym.


“You’ll be divided into two groups. The first 20 or so will run then the second group will follow after they’re finished. This won’t take long. If you cannot make twelve laps around the gym in less than four minutes, don’t bother showing up Tuesday for the next try-out session. If we catch you walking, you’ll be asked to leave the gym. You’re not in middle school anymore.” Coach Anderson explained and then counted out the first group. Ann and I were both in the second group so we got to watch.


“Have you jogged or anything Ann?” I asked before taking a seat on the bleachers.


“Yeah, everyday this summer rain or shine.” Ann answered confidently. She was in great shape. I, on the other hand, spent most of my summer at the beach or in my backyard swimming pool.


A whistle blew and the first group was off. The sophomores and upper classes led the group and it was almost automatic for them to make the team this year too. There were five guys and three girls and they all looked strong, tall, and fit. The coaches had obviously whipped them into shape. Half way through whistles were going off as they stopped people and told them to go home. When the first group was finally finished, the upperclassmen and only five out of the twenty-five new people were left. Only thirteen were able to complete their laps. I took my spot on the line behind Ann who would be starting at the front.


“If I feel like stopping I want you to kick my ass after this is over.” I whispered as I stretched one more time before the whistle blew starting the twelve laps from hell. Six laps into it, the whistles started blowing, just as I was feeling fatigued and winded. “Ann, I don’t think I can go the other half.”

“Just calm down and relax, you’re alright,” Ann encouraged easily as she was barely winded at all. I forced myself to calm down and get into the zone. I started to not fear the whistle and the shouting of the coaches telling people to go home. I gritted my teeth and just focused on Ann’s body in front of me.


“Come on you bunch of slackers! You have a minute to do two laps.” Coach Swan bellowed, causing Ann and I to speed up.


“Two more laps Andy. You can do two more.” Ann pushed me as she heard me groan out loud. I glanced over my shoulder and there were still a lot of people running, but Ann and I were pulling away from them. We were almost finished with the last lap when Coach Anderson announced that we had only fifteen seconds to complete the lap or we’d be going home. That announcement sent Ann into a faster pace and she left me behind as she turned the corner and crossed the starting point.


“Eight seconds,” Coach Anderson, said as I crossed the line gasping for air. Ann walked over to me handing me her water bottle and I poured it over my head. The fabric under my arms and around my neck was wet with sweat, as was Ann’s.


“Alright looks like this is going to be a building year for us seeing as we only have enough players left to have full teams. Come prepared for Tuesday but you’re still not safe. We only want people who are willing to work.” Coach Swan announced as he released us.


“See you Saturday night! Take it easy Ann,” I said s till breathing hard as I smiled at her.


“You too Andy,” Ann responded with a smile. I turned and exited the gym to where Laura was waiting for me.


“God, what did they have you do?” Laura asked, as she looked me over.


“It was hell but I survived lets.” I said as I pushed her towards the parking lot.


“Why, you got a hot date later?” Laura asked smiling and poking my side.


“Hell no, but we have to pick up Jase. He’s spending the night with me,” I responded blushingly as I got into the back seat of her car.


“Alright,” Laura said as we took off in the direction of the Jase’s house. I was beginning to shake with anticipation of what could become of this weekend and it scared me shitless.

Copyright © 2010 Krista; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 12
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..