Jump to content
    Krista
  • Author
  • 3,280 Words
  • 3,334 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Something Unexpected - 13. Chapter 13

I woke up and became instantly excited about what laid before me this weekend. I woke up just before my alarm clock went off and I began getting dressed and ready for school. The week of hell was coming to an end and with most of my problems resolved I felt like I was going to own today.

“Shit-head are you ready to go?” Laura asked from behind the door of my bedroom.

“Yeah, why?” I asked wondering why she’d want to know.

“Because I got a damned flat tire so I have to ride the bus.” Laura answered frustrated.

“Were you going to leave early for school?” I asked curious as to why she was in such a hurry.

“I was going to go to breakfast with Rob, but that ended that.” Laura spat then I walked and opened the door looking at Laura amused.

“Don’t give me that look you little punk.” Laura quipped then smacked me on the chest. “I don’t want to have to kick your ass before school.” Laura continued after I started laughing.

“Why don’t you just take dad’s jag?” I asked and she frowned.

“And be slaughtered. Sometimes I wonder if you love me or not shit-head.” Laura joked and I shook my head serious.

“It isn’t like they’d know unless you wreck it or something.” I retorted and she looked as if she was thinking about it.

“Let’s go wait for the bus. I value my life even if you don’t.” Laura spat and I grabbed my bag and followed her down to the bus stop.

“So how come Jase hasn’t been around for awhile?” Laura asked curiously as we sat on the bench together.

“I don’t know. Maybe he’s waiting for me to ask him over.” I answered really knowing the answer to that. I was with Chandler now and Jase said he didn’t trust me.

“Well it’s probably because of tutoring with that asshole.” Laura spat and I shook my head.

“Laura you’re supposed to be nice, remember?” I stated looking over at her offering her a weak smile.

“Yeah, yeah.” Laura rolled her eyes. “Don’t stop hanging out with Jase though.” Laura continued.

“I wasn’t going to stop hanging out with him.” I countered getting annoyed with her pushing Jase on me.

“Good that’s all I want.” Laura spat satisfied with my answer.

“Why are you wanting to be so involved with who I’m friends with these days?” I asked still annoyed.

“Because you’re friends with Chandler so obviously you need help on who you should consider your friends.” Laura spat and I shook my head.

“Laura damnit ..” I started but she smiled.

“I know I’m just trying to piss you off now.” Laura quipped and stood as the bus turned the corner onto our road.

“Bitch.” I spat playfully.

“Shit-head.” Laura quipped as the bus halted and we stepped on and sat in our usual seats with Laura sitting in the seat in front of me.

“So what are you doing this weekend?” I asked Laura as the bus started towards school.

“I’m going to a party with Rob tonight and then Saturday I’m taking him out.” Laura answered and I frowned. Rob was still an asshole, but I never have pushed her to stop dating him like she had pushed me to stop being Chandler’s friend.

“That sounds like fun.” I answered and she smiled.

“What are you doing this weekend?” Laura asked and I glanced at the window not knowing if I wanted to tell her everything.

“Well tonight I’m going out with Ann and everyone is going to go out and hang out or something. Then Saturday night Chandler and I are hanging out.” I answered carefully.

“Oh.” Laura countered rolling her eyes and I felt myself getting angry once again but I sighed and turned to look out the window wanting to ignore her.

“Am I not allowed to sit down today?” I heard Jase ask and I jumped.

“Sorry I was zoning out.” I smiled and moved so he could sit.

“Not having a good morning?” Jase asked and I shook my head.

“I’m having an alright morning if Laura would stop being a bitch.” I announced loud enough for her to hear me.

“Excuse me you little shit, but I wouldn’t have to be a bitch if you’d stop being friends with Chandler.” Laura spat smiling evilly.

“Good lord there is no stopping you is there?” I asked and she shook her head and turned back around completely satisfied. “Jase Laura is for sale and I’ll part with her at a discounted price. Name a price and she’s yours.” I continued and he laughed at me.

“I’ll give you a quarter.” Jase answered and I held out my hand to shake his.

“You have a deal, man.” I snickered and he shook my hand.

“Laura you’re coming home with me tonight I need my feet massaged.” Jase spat and she turned around and looked at us.

“You two are so immature.” Laura spat sticking out her tongue and we both laughed at her.

“I hope you both have days of hell.” Laura spat before standing to be let off the bus.

“Awe, you can dish it out, but you can’t take it.” I countered and she smiled evilly at me.

“We’ll see about that.” Laura hissed and I instantly raised my brows wondering what she meant. She’s capable of being evil and sneaky.

“You’re not scary.” Jase quipped coming to my aid as we walked off the bus.

“I don’t know I woke up with green hair one summer.” I announced and she started laughing.

“Oh here give me my quarter back Andy.” Jase stated in mock fear.

“Deals are sealed can’t return her.” I announced.

“Well kiddies there’s Rob so bye.” Laura announced and walked off leaving me and Jase standing there alone on the walkway.

“So, how was tutoring last night?” Jase asked in a whisper and I looked at him and shrugged.

“It was tutoring.” I answered and started walking over to a vacant table to sit down and talk before we all got the warning bell to be in class.

“So are you still on for tonight?” Jase asked as we sat down.

“Yeah I’m still coming. I think Chandler was pissed about it though.” I answered and I sighed.

“Why do you think he’s pissed?” Jase asked and I knew the question was coming.

“Because we actually did some tutoring and then that’s all we did.” I answered and I noticed Jase smile. “What?” I asked and he shrugged.

“Nothing.” Jase answered and I rolled my eyes.

“Then why’d you smile?” I asked skeptically.

“You wanted him to do stuff to you didn’t you?” Jase asked and I blushed and she started laughing at me.

“Shut up.” I quipped which only made him start laughing more.

“So you’re getting all serious about Chandler then aren’t you?” Jase asked seriously.

“I don’t know. I want to know everything I can about him before I get serious about him.” I whispered feeling weird that I’m talking so openly about my relationship with a guy. Then the warning bell sounded and we both stood and walked together into the building.

“See you at lunch Andy.” Jase announced and I nodded and smiled before entering the gym to go change. I then noticed Chandler walking across the gym towards me he was frowning before he saw me and I felt bad that I didn’t rush in to see him, which is why he was in there to begin with.

“Hey.” I greeted as he stopped in front of me.

“Running a little late aren’t you?” Chandler asked and I felt bad.

“I’m sorry that I didn’t come in here.” I carefully apologized looking down at the floor.

“Don’t be, but we don’t have time to talk.” Chandler answered and left me standing as he left the gym and I walked into the changing room and started changing. There were already guys in there changing, but Tim hadn’t been in there and I was relieved. I could tell Tim didn’t care too much for Chandler and I didn’t want them to be around one another alone. When I finished changing Mandy was already out and changed stretching in the center of the gym.

“Where’s Tim?” I asked as I joined her in stretching.

“He said he had to talk to someone that he’ll be late for class. I don’t know really.” Mandy answered rolling her eyes.

“Oh.” I shrugged thinking of who he’d possibly want to talk to so badly that he risked getting into trouble.

“So what has everyone decided about tonight?” I asked looking as she looked towards the gym doors before answering.

“I think bowling then a movie is what Ann wants to do. So we can talk and junk and then she just had to go see that Jessica Simpson hillbilly movie before it stopped playing.” Mandy answered smiling amused.

“That sounds fun I guess.” I offered and watched as she glanced at the doors and then down at her watch then back at the doors. “If he’s late he’ll just have to do warm-ups while we’re doing something else. He’s not going to be in bad trouble don’t worry about him.” I continued then heard the whistle from Coach Smith for us to start our warm-up routines. Tim came into class ten minutes before the class ended getting chewed out by Coach Smith wasn’t the best thing to sit through, but after class in the changing room Tim didn’t say anything to me as I changed and he watched as I did staring at me and I wondered if Chandler was the person that he hunted down to talk to.

“Tim almost skipped all of gym today.” I announced sitting down at the lunch table before I moved back to talk to Chandler curious about some things that have happened recently.

“He did? Why?” Ann asked after taking a drink of water.

“Mandy said he left to go talk to someone and he was gone all that time.” I answered and she gave me a weird expression.

“That’s weird.” Ann whispered as everyone else joined us. I tried to not make eye contact with Tim not wanting to see him looking at me like he had in the changing room.

“Andy you still on for tonight man?” Evan asked and I nodded before standing.

“I’ll see you guys later I’m going to go talk to Chandler.” I announced taking my tray over to Chandler’s table.

“Hey Andy long time no see.” Amber greeted and I smiled.

“I know.” I offered sitting down in the only vacant seat left at the table beside Chandler who turned and smiled at me.

“Hey bud.” Chandler greeted then took a drink from his milk.

“Hey.” I greeted unsure of myself.

“Let me ask you something.” Amber stated amused at something about me.

“Ok, I guess.” I retorted looking over at her.

“Why do you always get a tray if you never eat anything on it?” Amber asked and I smiled embarrassed.

“I don’t really know.” I offered shrugging. Everyone else found it amusing as well and I felt like sinking into my chair.

“Come on guys he’s just a freshman he’ll learn.” Chandler came to my aid and then patted me on the back. “Everything is new to him now.” Chandler continued putting his hand on my shoulder giving it a quick squeeze then he let go of me. The gestures made me want to glance and study everyone in the cafeteria to see if they saw the display of affection between Chandler and I.

“Can we talk?” I asked remembering the reason I wanted to come and sit with Chandler.

“Sure Andy, what about.” Chandler answered and I looked around at everyone eyeing me and I smiled politely.

“Um, did you and Tim run into each other this morning before first period?” I asked and his eyes darted at everyone at the table before he stood.

“We need to talk about that later.” Chandler answered and I nodded.

“We can’t tutor today it has to be tomorrow because I’m going to the movies remember?” I still wanted to know about Tim’s little visit with Chandler now that I know it was him that Tim wanted to hunt down and talk to.

“Oh.” Chandler responded and he looked lost, but we didn’t have time to think of an ulterior plan before the bell rang sending us back to classes.

“Shit!” I groaned getting up. I waved at the table who ever since I stated that I wanted to talk to Chandler about Tim had been eyeing the two of us weirdly and I was inwardly freaking out that I could have just outed myself. I then emptied my tray and was headed to my next class before a hand on my shoulder stopped me and I jumped before turning around.

“Hey? What’s wrong?” I asked as Chandler was now standing in front of me.

“Meet me at my car so I can drive you home. I want to talk to you before Tim had a chance to.” Chandler announced and I nodded.

“Ok, what’s this about though?” I asked unsure of myself.

“Not now Andy, later when it’s in a better place.” Chandler retorted and I nodded. I hated being left in the dark on things I always get paranoid. I was pissed that Tim was so nosey suddenly that he had to go and do this after I agreed to hang out with them.

“I have to be getting to class.” I announced and I waved before leaving him there and walked into my class preparing myself to listen and willing away all of the paranoid thoughts that were already beginning to jump around in my thoughts.

When the day ended I had to control my nervous habits as I waited for Chandler to join me at his car. My stomach was in knots not knowing was information was exchanged between Tim and Chandler that was obviously about me. I had to fight back the urge to hunt down Tim and yell at him for being shady and talking to someone that I didn’t want him to be talking to. Then it hit me. The only reason Tim sought Chandler out was because Tim didn’t know anything about Chandler and why I was friends with him suddenly. Or at least that was the reasoning behind it or maybe something I wanted to believe.

“Are you ready to go?” Chandler asked causing me to jump as I had my back turned to him.

“Yeah, I’m ready.” I answered as he unlocked his car and we got in. “Tell me what you and Tim talked about before I die of a stroke or something.” I continued frowning over at Chandler.

“We talked about you and I.” Chandler answered and I nodded. I guessed that much earlier, but when Chandler didn’t continue I grew increasingly frustrated.

“Well what about?” I asked as we started in the direction of my house.

“Tim wanted to know about me and you and why I was friends with you.” Chandler answered and I rolled my eyes.

“Stop being vague with me Chandler and tell me exactly what you two said to one another.” I spat crossing my arms.

“Fine. He asked me if me and you were together.” Chandler countered.

“Why would he ask a question like that?” I wondered aloud to myself. Had I been giving off hints all this time and Tim figure things out?

“I told him that we were friends.” Chandler tried to assure me that everything was fine.

“But he has to know that I’m gay or he wouldn’t do all this shit.” I whispered looking out the window.

“No he was just curious Andy, it’s all fine come on..” Chandler started but I turned to look at him and he stopped.

“Is that all he wanted to know?” I asked my mind racing.

“No. He wanted to know if I was gay.” Chandler answered and I waited for him to continue. “And I told him that I was.” Chandler continued and I was instantly shocked.

“Why did you just out yourself like that?” I asked trying to keep the fear from my voice.

“Because I’m comfortable with myself.” Chandler answered almost immediately after I asked the question.

“Did you not think about me when you pretty much outed me too?” I hissed and he frowned.

“I didn’t out you Andy.” Chandler countered putting his hand on my knee but I brushed his hand from it.

“Yes you did Chandler. Did he ask you if I knew?” I asked glaring over at him. We had pulled into the driveway, but I had made no attempt to get out and he hadn’t either.

“Yes, and I told you that you did know that I was gay.” Chandler answered and I shook my head disappointed.

“Shit Chandler I don’t know what to say.” I was hurt and so many other feelings washed over me and I wasn’t ready to deal with them all at once.

“Come on Andy me telling Tim has nothing to do with you.” Chandler attempted to sooth me and play what he did down and make it look less than what it was. It meant a lot to me though. I was part of him and everyone that saw us together would at least know that we were friends. I wasn’t ready for this.

“It has a lot to do with me. Chandler fuck we’re together. You and I needed to sit down and talk about how we were going to do this, but you didn’t think about what this meant for me you just let everything out.” I countered reaching for the door.

“Where are you going?” Chandler asked grabbing my hand as I opened the door.

“I need to think about things.” I stated in a low voice as I shook his hand from mine.

“Are we still on for Saturday?” Chandler asked and I turned to look at him.

“I don’t know.” I answered unsure of what to do.

“Andy please don’t be like this.” Chandler stated and I got out shutting the door behind me. I thought I had every right to be acting like this. I did no longer want to meet up with my friends in a couple of hours when Evan’s older brother picked us up to be our chaperone for the night.

“Andy wait come on..” I heard Chandler say before I reached out for my front door. I heard his door open and I heard as he ran up the walkway but I ignored it as I unlocked the door and opened it. I walked through and attempted to shut it but Chandler stuck is foot in the way and then pushed the door open. He then immediately grabbed my face forcing his lips onto mine. I then stepped back away from him shaking my head.

“Don’t do that anymore.” I stated and he stepped to the doorway.

“I am willing to go through whatever you go through because of what I said to Tim, but I can’t if you push me away and then you’re left to deal with this alone.” Chandler offered then left me standing in the living room. I then waited watching the clock until the time came for me to go with my friends. I sighed heavily when I heard Evan knocking on my door.

Copyright © 2010 Krista; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Wow, ok Tim has been suspicious for a while and Andy is correct when he said Chandler outed him to as there’s no way Tim will buy the idea Andy is straight with the way he’s been acting lately. Chandler also said he wasn’t going to come out to the school yet he brazenly told Tim he was gay saying he did so because he’s comfortable with himself which doesn’t mesh with his worries about being outed to everyone since he doesn’t know Tim well enough to know if he’d tell anyone. I’m also curious if Chandler wanted to talk to him before Tim did because he hoped Andy wouldn’t be as angry that way or if he’s not being 100% truthful so he wanted Andy to hear his version first. I just don’t trust Chandler completely yet and Laura said Chandler tried to rape her while Chandler gave a lighter version of the strory where he said he tried to get her to have sex with him so I’m wondering what his attempt at rape consisted of because she’s still upset by it years later. He also comes off as clinging and controlling so yeah I don’t see their relationship as a good one.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..