Jump to content
    Mikiesboy
  • Author
  • 3,790 Words
  • 2,640 Views
  • 34 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Only Prompts - 6. Do No Harm

Dr. John Reynolds took an Oath but can he keep it?

Maybe just a little warning here - there is violence, but it's not too graphic.

Prompt 506 – Creative
Tag – List of Words
Use the following words in a story: a dirty plate, a nurse, a green hat, a puddle, and a squirrel.

Do No Harm

 

I waited for the nurse to leave the room before turning to glare at Jack. I grabbed him by the arm, pulled him out of the room and down the hall to one of the ward offices. I pushed Jack inside, probably more roughly than I should have, closed, and locked the door.

I wheeled around and hissed at him, “What the fuck are you doing?

My words hit him and he sat on the desk, his ass rocking the dirty plate someone had left behind.

His icy-blue eyes considered me. “What?”

“Seriously? What? I’m warning you right now. This is the last time. You do this again and I’ll call the cops. I should have long ago.” I was angry with Jack, but with myself more. I’d let this continue to happen.

“You won’t.” He sneered, his eyes flashed dangerously.

“That boy down the hall loves you, Jack. Yet you beat him, degrade him and I don’t understand why. He’s good for you, would do anything for you. Did you actually look at him down there, actually see? I mean really see what you have done?” I stopped for a breath. Although I felt some guilt, Jack had been the one to actually assault Tommy.

 

I had known Jack since pre-med. We’d both wanted to be doctors, we’re both gay and we were drawn to each other—well, me to Jack’s edginess. He was everything I wasn’t and his ‘fuck you’ attitude was exciting—he dragged me out of my protective shell.

He took me to clubs and bars I’d never have gone to on my own. They were exciting places, yet they frightened the quiet farm boy inside of me. Deep down, where I’d chosen to hide the truth, I knew Jack was unstable. There were many nights which had proven that, but the one that always surfaces through the mental barriers I’ve tried to put in place, was the one at the bar called Dangerous.

It was a BDSM club and anything went there; there were no rules. Jack convinced me we’d have a great time and likely get laid. Back then sex was a big draw for me since I was still a virgin at twenty years old. So I agreed to go.

Jack was dressed in leather pants so tight they must have been sewn on. His shirt was also form-fitting and left nothing to the imagination. He carried with him a small leather bullwhip. Masculine power and sexuality dripped from him and I trotted behind like his slave-boy, though I was overdressed for the part. Our table was in the midst of everything and I saw sights that both excited and repulsed me—subs performing oral sex and naked girls and boys being slapped or spanked, or in the next room an orgy. We’d had a couple of drinks, and were awaiting our third, when our waiter, a sweet, slim submissive type, slipped and covered Jack in beer and rye.

Furious, Jack leapt to his feet with the bullwhip in his hand. He proceeded to strike our poor waiter. The young man now on his knees cringed on the floor, begging for forgiveness. Jack seemed out of control and no one around us seemed to think much of his treatment of the boy. But I did and I ineffectually said Jack’s name a couple of times, but he was enjoying his work and wasn’t listening to me. Finally I got to my feet, and as he raised his arm again to strike the now-bleeding boy I grabbed his wrist, and pulled the whip from him with my other hand.

“Stop it!” I yelled at him. “That’s enough.”

He whirled on me, and I swear my heart stopped in my chest, such was the look on Jack’s face. The only way to describe it was complete hatred and evil. So strong was my reaction to him, I took an involuntary step backward. He glared at me for a moment, before turning back again to his prey. He pulled the waiter to his feet and then in close. Jack spoke to the waiter too quietly for me to hear, but the boy ran, with tears in his eyes once he’d been released.

Then he turned back to me. His eyes were soulless and his voice flat. “Touch me again and I promise you will regret it.”

He stalked off, leaving me on my own at Dangerous.

At first these places with live sex shows or BDSM were enough for him, but eventually he found more corrupt interests and eventually dropped out of school. Though we still saw each other from time to time, to be honest, it was a relief to be away from him.

It had been three years ago when he first asked for my help. A sex game that had gotten too rough—would I have a quick look at his boy? These injuries from rough play occurred a couple of times and I always felt compelled to help him. I didn’t help so much for Jack’s sake—no, it was for me. Jack still excited me; he appealed to part of my nature I’m ashamed I have.

The first time I met Tom Hillary was when I’d invited Jack over to dinner on the spur of the moment, when I’d run into him at a local burger bar—I’d told him to bring a date if he wanted to.

It was in mid-January and they both came in laughing. Outside it was snowing heavily, and they were covered in large fluffy flakes. Jack is tall, blond and Nordic, and Tom is his opposite, dark, and Mediterranean. I remember thinking how sexy Tommy looked dressed in a hunter green leather coat, but there was a sense of humour in the lime-green hat.

Love seemed to have changed Jack for the better.

Tom I found was a sweet, funny guy, devoted and very loving. I’d have cherished him if he were mine, not used him as a verbal and physical punching bag.

 

“You wouldn’t dare report me, John. They’d take away your medical license. So unless you’re willing to do that, just shut-up.” Jack’s words filtered into my thoughts.

“Maybe so, but it’d be worth it if it stopped you from hurting him.”

Jack stood up and moved me out of his way. He unlocked the door and glanced at me. “You don’t mean that or you’d have done it already.”

“Don’t ask for my help again.”

“If that’s how you want it.” With that he walked out of the office. He’d turned right, so I knew he wasn’t heading back to Tommy’s room.

Now that I was finished ranting, I wasn’t sure I’d done the right thing. Would this mean things could be worse for Tom? If I wasn’t willing to help him when Jack beat him next time, maybe he’d not receive any treatment. That wasn’t good. Not good at all.

I walked down the hall to see my patient.

Tommy was on his left side and I could tell by the small quiet convulsions of his shoulders he was crying. It broke my heart.

I pulled up the chair and sat with him. I spoke to him softly, “Tom? Tommy? It’s John.”

The poor soul lay there, face wet with tears, several butterfly bandages on the cheek near his left eye and it was black and swollen—he couldn’t open it fully. Under the cotton sheets and the hospital gown were broken ribs, bruised kidneys, and all manner of bruises and contusions.

Tommy looked at me through teary eyes and slowly reached out a hand.

That prick should be here with his boy, not me.

I took his hand and squeezed. “Hey, how are you doing?”

He squeezed back to his credit, and whispered, “Okay, John.”

Damn, I was angry, but I tried not to let it show. “How’s your pain?”

“Guess about a seven.”

“I can get you something for it, if you’re too uncomfortable.”

“No, I’m okay. Tom sighed. “Where is he?”

“I don’t know, Tommy. I spoke to him earlier but he walked away.” Now was probably not the time for my next question, but I was rarely alone with Tom. “Tommy, why? I mean why do you let him do this to you?”

“Let him? I don’t let him, John.”

“Then I don’t understand.” I couldn’t read the look in his eyes but it felt like a warning.

“He’s not alone when he does this.”

My stomach turned when he said those words, but I steeled myself. I was sure there was going to be more. “Tommy, you need to tell me what’s going on. Please, let me help you, otherwise I think he’ll kill you.”

“You can’t help me.” Tommy closed his eyes. “Once I’m not of any use, he’ll let me be killed.”

“Let you? Tommy, you need to tell me.”

“John, did you ever wonder how Jack makes money? You’ve known him for a while.”

I thought about that. I mean I had known Jack for a while. He had a beautiful house and a nice car. He said he worked in personnel for a well-known brokerage house. I’d never had reason to doubt him.

Tommy then related to me stories so horrible I don’t think I’d ever be able to imagine them on my own. Stories of brutal men who paid Jack to find boys for them, who they then abused, tortured and raped. He explained that when these poor boys were no longer of any use, there were even more debased men who took them away.

Tommy sighed and said, “He’s never said what happens to them, but I’ve never seen them come back.”

Jack sometimes took one as his favourite, but that boy still had to earn his keep, so to speak.

“I really thought he loved me, but he was just grooming me so when he gave me his sad story, I’d go willingly to help pay whatever debt he owed. Eventually, he just told me the truth, cuz he knew I’d never get away. He said I was the lucky one … .”

God—I wanted to weep. It was so much worse than I’d thought.

We sat in silence for a few minutes and then, to change the subject, I asked him what he’d do if he did get away.

“You know what I want, John? “

I smiled at him and said no.

“I’d like to live by the water someplace. Like with running water, ya know? So you can hear it. And shade—I’d really like there to be shade. What are those big trees called the ones where the leaves and stuff touch the ground?”

“You mean a Weeping Willow?”

“Yeah that’s it. I’d like one of them. I can see it, ya know? Such a green peaceful place.”

“It sounds perfect, Tom.”

I took my leave of Tom and left notes he was not to be disturbed by anyone, including Jack, and went home. As I drove I thought about Tom’s special place and especially the Willow. It was a symbol of healing and peace—the perfect choice.

Once home, I showered and I tried to eat, but found I wanted nothing. Then I sat with the television on, but there was nothing that could keep my attention. I finally went to bed—I couldn’t sleep. I kept seeing Tommy’s broken face, the horrible black eye and hearing him say I was the lucky one.

 

It was about 2am when I got up, dressed and climbed into my car. I drove to Jack’s house. I’d expected it to be lit up for some reason but it wasn’t, it was black. Not a light anywhere. I wanted to yell at him, tell him to stop. I was going to tell him I wanted Tommy.

Opening the car door I stepped out onto the road. I walked to the house and the security light on the porch came on. I rang the doorbell, long and hard. A couple of minutes passed before the door was pulled open.

“What the fuck?” Jack stood there in leave-nothing-to-the-imagination boxers. “John? Do you know what time it is? Did something happen to Tommy? Come in.”

I entered the beautifully appointed house. It was a wonderful place, bright, and it always seemed happy to me. It didn’t right now.

He stood there, blond and handsome. “Well? Is Tommy okay?”

Mentally I cleared my head, “Yes. He was asleep when I left him. He told me … things …about you.”

Jack stared at me, then turned and stalked into the kitchen. I followed him and stood next to the counter. Jack poured a very good whiskey into crystal glasses and handed me one. I waited until he’d sipped before trying some myself. Jack smirked as he watched me.

“So what did my imaginative boy tell you, John?”

“He told me how he got the bruises and how you make money.” I put my glass down. “I’ll keep quiet but it will cost you.”

Jack gripped the edge of the island in the centre of the kitchen. “Will it? How much? Never thought you’d have the balls for blackmail.”

Ignoring his taunts I told him, “I want Tommy.”

Jack laughed. “Do you? Why? You think he’s gonna fall in love with you?”

“I don’t know. I’m not thinking that far ahead. I just know I want to save him from you.”

Suddenly the mood in the room changed, Jack’s eyes were cold as he said, “That is not going to happen, John. I can forget tonight. Go home, be there when I need you and keep your mouth shut.”

“No.”

Bitter laughter spilled from Jack’s lips. “Then you leave me no choice John. It’s a shame though, your skills came in handy.”

As he came around the island toward me, he had the same look I’d seen back at Dangerous. He was angry and I couldn’t breathe. I took a step back—I know my Hippocratic Oath said First do no harm—but I didn’t think about that at all when Jack started to come closer. I looked at the countertop, pulled the carving knife from the block, and when he got close enough I sank it into his chest and pushed upward into his heart.

Takes a little while for the victim to die that way and he did fight a bit, but I held fast to the knife. He slumped backward on the island and his blood formed a puddle beneath him. Finally he was still and I helped his body slide down to the floor.

I hadn’t planned to kill him, and at least right now, I felt no remorse for having done so.

I found bleach in the cupboard under the sink and made a solution in the sink itself. I used some kitchen paper to carefully clean the handle of the knife. Then I wiped down all the kitchen surfaces—I hadn’t touched much in there anyway. I washed both glasses carefully in the same solution, rinsed them well, dried them, and put them away in the cupboard, never allowing my fingers to touch the glass.

After spending a bit more time cleaning, I left and drove home. It was nearing 5am. The sun was rising as I pulled into my driveway.

Damn, that bloody squirrel is in my bird feeder again! I opened and slammed my door. The little black marauder scampered off. Bastard!

Suddenly weary, I sat in the car, holding the steering wheel at the top. I leaned forward and pressed my forehead against my hands, enjoying the coolness there. Then they were wet with my tears. Why was I crying over that poor excuse of a man?

I had to think and wiped away my tears. What would I tell Tommy? He’d want to know where Jack was. Should I tell him the truth?

No, no, never. It’s your sin, you carry it. You cannot share this to make yourself feel better. You know, Johnny old boy, Jack would have killed you today … yes, yes I know and I know it’s wrong but I wasn’t going to let him kill me.

When they tell you, you can see murder in their eyes, let me assure you, you can.

 

I went into the house, showered and dressed for work. I badly wanted to go bed. I wanted all this to be a dream. I wanted to turn back time … No, no I didn’t. I could only pray I’d done the right thing, for all those boys he would have hurt in the future. For Tommy.

 

My patient was sitting up and eating jello when I arrived. His eye was still very swollen and he grimaced when he moved, but he gave me a little smile when I entered the room.

“Morning Tommy. How are you feeling?”

“Not bad, John. Well, a little sore.” Tom kept looking toward the door. “Have you heard from Jack?”

To avoid outright lies as much as possible I decided to be as honest as I could be. “No, I haven’t heard from him since last night, Tommy.”

“He’s not answering my texts or calls.”

God! I wanted to shake some sense into him, but Tommy went on without input from me.

“He’s probably with someone else. Wouldn’t be the first time, or the last I guess.”

“Jack cheated on you?”

“All the time. Is it cheating when the guy you live with comes in with someone and says: We’ll be busy in the bedroom. Stay out here?”

My temples throbbed with guilt and exhaustion, but mostly with the horror of what this young man had been through. “Why didn’t you leave him?”

“And go where? I have no friends or family.”

“Me? I’ve been a friend.”

Tom was quiet for a minute, his dark eyes confused. “You? Jack said you were his best friend. True and loyal.”

I snorted. “I knew Jack, but we were not really close. I tried a few times to get closer to him, but he never seemed interested.”

We talked a little longer, but Tom was tired and I left him after he lay down to rest.

After rounds, some clinic duty and a final visit to a worried Tommy, I finished my shift and went home.

I slept through the night with no dreams good or bad. My alarm went off at 5am. I could hear my phone ringing while I showered; once out and dry I checked it. A page from work, could I call in please. I made coffee and put in some bread to toast; then I called my service.

“Dr. Reynolds, your patient Tom Hillary had to be sedated this morning. They are asking you to go in. The police are there and are asking to speak with you,” Maria, one of the women who worked at the answering service I use, related.

“Let them know I’m on my way, please. Thank you, Maria.”

 

Tommy was asleep when I got to the hospital. But there were police to deal with—I found them in one of the meeting rooms.

“You were looking for me? I’m John Reynolds, Tom Hillary’s doctor.”

The detective eyed me carefully before he spoke. “I’m Detective James Kitchen, thank you for coming in early, Doctor. There’s been a murder—Jack Arbour was found dead by a neighbour today. You know him, I understand.”

I blinked and nodded, “Yes I know him, for a few years now. Murdered? Do you mind if I take a seat?”

“Go ahead.”

“Thanks.” I slumped into a nearby chair. “Murdered? Who’d want to kill him?”

“We’re not sure. What happened to his boyfriend, Tom Hillary? You’ve been treating him.”

“Jack happened to him.” I drew in a deep breath. “Don’t get me wrong, they loved each other, but their relationship was always very physical.”

“Dr. Reynolds, are you saying that Arbour beat his lover?”

“Yes.” I wished for water. “He was admitted three days ago, for broken ribs, severe bruises, the black eye. He confessed it was Jack who’d done it. Oh my god, you’re not thinking it was Tom?”

Detective Kitchen gazed at me mutely for a few seconds. “No, the timelines don’t work. Okay, Doctor, thank you. I may have more questions for you later.”

I got to my feet. “Of course, Detective.”

Going through my usual routine helped stave off the attack of nerves that threatened to derail me—I checked on other patients before finally returning to Tom. The nurses had been in and he was washed and in a clean gown, but he’d been crying. Sucking in a deep breath, I walked into his room.

“John, hi. The police were here. They told me … told me … that Jack is dead. They asked me if I knew who would want him dead.” He dabbed at his leaky eyes with a rough hospital tissue.

“What did you say?” I sat in the visitor’s chair next to him.

“I told them everything. All the stuff he’d done to me, where they could find everything. He kept recordings of a lot the … play. He watched it later—made me watch it too, while he … he … .”

I held a finger to my lips and reached for Tommy’s hand and held it.

 

A year and a half has passed. There had been a big trial of multiple suspects on numerous charges. They tracked down the people who were involved in Jack’s sick business but they hadn’t been able to prove who had killed Jack.

Tommy had lived with Jack for just over a year, so he received whatever Jack left behind—he’d had no other family. Tommy couldn’t live in that house, so he sold it and bought a sweet bungalow down by the river. It’s a perfect place for him. There’s even the willow tree he wanted—their supple branches providing cooling shade and their strength is a metaphor for people recovering from abuse.

Me? I’ve dealt with my guilt—what I’d been forced to do. I rarely think of Jack Arbour any more. And us? Well, Tommy and I saw each other now and again. I never asked him out because it wasn’t right at the time. We both had to get over Jack.

But today, today I’m calling Tommy and I’m going to ask him out on a date. There will be a kiss at the end of it, right on the lips. And if I’m lucky, this will be the start of something good.

***

Thank you, AC Benus for your most excellent editing skills. Your thought process and ideas never fail to impress me. My stories only benefit from your gift of time.
Copyright © 2017 Mikiesboy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 22
  • Love 2
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Wow! A complex, dark, violent story packed into so few words. Not a tale for a spot of light reading, but it had me gripped pretty much from the off, reading closely while also dealing with my own emotions concerning abusive relationships and the whole area of bdsm. Friendship was another theme which sparked off thoughts as I read.

 

Is murder ever justified? The answer here is certainly, Yes!

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Awesome job, my friend. I loved how you played out the tension throughout the story. I was ready for Jack's death when it happened. It was welcomed because of the way you led up to it. There are some pretty shady characters in the bdsm world, and poor Tommy didn't stand a chance... until a knight with a shining stethoscope came along and put things in balance. I can see them both sitting beside that river, holding hands and appreciating real love... cheers... Gary....

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

This is an incredibly well crafted story. I'm glad I was sitting outside where it was sunny and bright for this took us to a very dark and dangerous place ... so dark even evil didn't survive ... sometimes only love can walk into those shadows and rescue the lost boy ...
Namaste little brother

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

That was a grim tale, with a bit of sunshine at the end. I'm not one for violence, but in this case I won't be sleepless over Jack. You did a great job at guiding us through the darkness.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 06/21/2016 04:37 AM, northie said:

Wow! A complex, dark, violent story packed into so few words. Not a tale for a spot of light reading, but it had me gripped pretty much from the off, reading closely while also dealing with my own emotions concerning abusive relationships and the whole area of bdsm. Friendship was another theme which sparked off thoughts as I read.

 

Is murder ever justified? The answer here is certainly, Yes!

Hi northie! Thanks for reading this and for you review. Murder is never really justified, in this case John could probably have gotten away with self-defense because Jack would have killed him. i have a close relationship with bdsm.. both as a negative and postive experience. But if you're putting a toe into that lake, i recommend people swim carefully.

 

Thank you for your kind comments and for reading this. I appreciate it very much.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 06/21/2016 04:56 AM, Headstall said:

Awesome job, my friend. I loved how you played out the tension throughout the story. I was ready for Jack's death when it happened. It was welcomed because of the way you led up to it. There are some pretty shady characters in the bdsm world, and poor Tommy didn't stand a chance... until a knight with a shining stethoscope came along and put things in balance. I can see them both sitting beside that river, holding hands and appreciating real love... cheers... Gary....

Thanks Gary, this was a bit of a stretch for me, I'm glad it worked. BDSM has many layers, some of them not very nice and there people who do what I've described. I didnt want happily ever after, but i wanted to offer them a chance.. and I think they're ready for it now.

 

thanks Gary xoxxoxo

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

Hey tim
Quite the pair Jack and John. True polar opposites and I am glad that John lost his naivete (at least some anyway) early enough so he could escape Jack's influence...and who knows what else. If he hadn't, I fear he might have ended up as one of his victims *shudder* The older, stronger and more self-assured John finally stood up to Jack and did what needed to be done - it really was a case of it's him or me, so no need to waste any tears on Jack, that's for sure.
I admire how John was able to do what was right for Tommy by putting Tommy's dreams (the river side house, the willow tree) ahead of his own.
A complex story with a lot going on but still, it was tightly woven together.
As always, nicely done.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 06/21/2016 05:08 AM, dughlas said:

This is an incredibly well crafted story. I'm glad I was sitting outside where it was sunny and bright for this took us to a very dark and dangerous place ... so dark even evil didn't survive ... sometimes only love can walk into those shadows and rescue the lost boy ...

Namaste little brother

Thanks dugh for your insightful comments. I'm always interested in what you think. This was dark, but somewhere I've been and experienced. Not sure why I went back there. But I had my angel, guess Tom needed one, too. Thanks again.

xoxo

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 06/21/2016 07:09 AM, Puppilull said:

That was a grim tale, with a bit of sunshine at the end. I'm not one for violence, but in this case I won't be sleepless over Jack. You did a great job at guiding us through the darkness.

Hi Pup. Gosh I'm glad you won't lose sleep over Jack. He's not a good example of a decent human being, but there are lots of Jack's around if you go looking. Thanks for reading this! I appreciate it. tim

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 06/21/2016 12:59 PM, Reader1810 said:

Hey tim

Quite the pair Jack and John. True polar opposites and I am glad that John lost his naivete (at least some anyway) early enough so he could escape Jack's influence...and who knows what else. If he hadn't, I fear he might have ended up as one of his victims *shudder* The older, stronger and more self-assured John finally stood up to Jack and did what needed to be done - it really was a case of it's him or me, so no need to waste any tears on Jack, that's for sure.

I admire how John was able to do what was right for Tommy by putting Tommy's dreams (the river side house, the willow tree) ahead of his own.

A complex story with a lot going on but still, it was tightly woven together.

As always, nicely done.

Thanks Reader. I appreciate the review. John was lucky that Jack dropped out of school, but I wonder what would have happened if he'd stayed. Not that he'd have changed, scary to think of him as a doctor. I hope that John and Tom end up okay. Both needed time to recover before they could think about their futures. Thanks for your support..i really appreciate it...

 

tim

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

This is such a searing and dark tale. I was hooked right away. Your storytelling just gets ever better, Tim. How do you stop a man like Jack? Really, what would end his pathological violence and abuse of Tom? As you so skillfully show, Tom isn't going to do it. You pose a dreadful dilemma, and John's solution is horribly messy. But the question remains.

 

Perhaps another snapshot of this tale deserves to be told.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

This reads like a proper old fashioned fairy tale, all a bit gruesome and horrible but a ray of sunshine at the end.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 06/22/2016 12:50 AM, Parker Owens said:

This is such a searing and dark tale. I was hooked right away. Your storytelling just gets ever better, Tim. How do you stop a man like Jack? Really, what would end his pathological violence and abuse of Tom? As you so skillfully show, Tom isn't going to do it. You pose a dreadful dilemma, and John's solution is horribly messy. But the question remains.

 

Perhaps another snapshot of this tale deserves to be told.

Thanks Parker. Jack wouldn't stop until someting stopped him. You can reason with creatures like him. I don't know about more from Jack ... I wonder though something from Jack POV...

 

Thanks Parker for your terrific comments. I appreciate it...

 

tim

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 06/22/2016 01:22 AM, Bucket1 said:

This reads like a proper old fashioned fairy tale, all a bit gruesome and horrible but a ray of sunshine at the end.

Hey B. Hmmm when I first read your review I thought .. what? But yes I can see what you mean. Thanks for reading and your review!!

 

tim

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 06/22/2016 02:02 AM, Kitt said:

Oh Kitt .. a black heart. Cool.. thanks for reading!!!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I think you've mapped the story very well. A lot of the action unfolds in the dialogue, and I always like that. Also, the first one or two lines really grabbed me and led into the action effortlessly. I like stories that can start that way.

 

The remembered club scene is really good, and made my skin crawl that John would continue to be friends with Jack. At least John is honest with himself and acknowledges the attraction is a dark one. Maybe Jack had genuine allure, and it's part of why new young men were drawn to him.

 

Excellent prompt response. I enjoyed it!

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 06/22/2016 10:20 AM, AC Benus said:

I think you've mapped the story very well. A lot of the action unfolds in the dialogue, and I always like that. Also, the first one or two lines really grabbed me and led into the action effortlessly. I like stories that can start that way.

 

The remembered club scene is really good, and made my skin crawl that John would continue to be friends with Jack. At least John is honest with himself and acknowledges the attraction is a dark one. Maybe Jack had genuine allure, and it's part of why new young men were drawn to him.

 

Excellent prompt response. I enjoyed it!

Thank you AC. Your excellent suggestions made this much stronger than the original. And I learned that i need to write even a small outline.. so much easier to write then. Thanks again for your encouragement and support and marvelous editing/reading skills.

 

tim xo

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

Wow! You packed a lot into that prompt. John did what had to be done, and technically it was self-defense. I'm glad that Tommy is free of Jack and hope that he only experiences the good things life has to offer from now on. I could see this as a longer work, although getting into the details of such a sick mind would be tough to read (and write). Nice job. :)

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 06/22/2016 10:59 AM, Valkyrie said:

Wow! You packed a lot into that prompt. John did what had to be done, and technically it was self-defense. I'm glad that Tommy is free of Jack and hope that he only experiences the good things life has to offer from now on. I could see this as a longer work, although getting into the details of such a sick mind would be tough to read (and write). Nice job. :)

Thanks Val. Told AC it would be under 2000 words! Oops. I knew a guy like Jack, I could write about him, be an interesting exercise. Thanks for reading, and your review! Much appreciated.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Oh my.. Interesting tale with conflicting emotions. There's that teeter totter reaction to John's handling of the situation. On the one end Tom is free from Jack and who knows how many others are too, on the other... Personally, I didn't mind that Jack was gone, But...
I like the way you crafted this one. Excellent job tim..

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 06/25/2016 02:43 AM, Defiance19 said:

Oh my.. Interesting tale with conflicting emotions. There's that teeter totter reaction to John's handling of the situation. On the one end Tom is free from Jack and who knows how many others are too, on the other... Personally, I didn't mind that Jack was gone, But...

I like the way you crafted this one. Excellent job tim..

Oh thanks Def! Had the idea for this sitting at work when there was zero to do. I've been thinking about writing from Jack's POV, I'll think about that. I'm glad you enjoyed it, appreciate your review and support.

 

tim xo

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

A dark, but wonderfully crafted tale. I can understand why John felt like he had no choice but to kill Jack. The man was crazy, and there was no way he would have let John leave to go to the police. I'm with Gary, I was ready for him to die by the time John finally did it. Wonderful story telling, my friend. (Sorry for the late review by the way. I don't know how I missed this one :*))

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

What a dark and wonderful story of retribution and defense of others. Jack was portrayed well as a bad guy but you gave him human qualities through john's attraction. Great job though I was half expecting John/jack to be the same guy with two sides at the beginning. Loved it.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 07/16/2016 01:55 AM, Cole Matthews said:

What a dark and wonderful story of retribution and defense of others. Jack was portrayed well as a bad guy but you gave him human qualities through john's attraction. Great job though I was half expecting John/jack to be the same guy with two sides at the beginning. Loved it.

Thank you Cole. I like exploring different kinds of people good and what we call bad. In this case bad is the only word for Jack!

 

Appreciate your review. Thanks for reading this piece.

 

tim

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..