Jump to content
    Young Sage
  • Author
  • 1,980 Words
  • 7,820 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Black Star Cross - 3. Stormy & Dark Night


Black Star Cross



Chapter 3: Stormy & Dark Night



The rain pelted my house harder and the thunder began following the lightning closer in time as I stared ahead at Anthony.



“What?”



“I said, there’s something I want to tell you, dude.”



“Ummm, what is it?” I said, becoming nervous as to what he was about to say. I started thinking about everything that might come out of his mouth. But, the one thing that came to mind more than all the rest involved only three words.



“You’re a retard.”



“Huh?” was my reply as I snapped back into reality. This wasn’t what I was thinking about.



“You’re a retard. I mean, come on, dude. You have the house to yourself, yet you invite a complete stranger who attacked you into your home, and you have no idea what the consequence of that may be. I mean, I just might come at you with an axe or something and no one will know until they find your body tomorrow, if I allow them to find it.”



Of course he wouldn’t say it. He wouldn’t say what I wanted him to say. Why should he? It’s MY fantasy, after all. I shouldn’t believe that everything will turn out like they do in the movies. This is real life we’re talking about here. No way can something like that happen to me, just a regular nobody with nothing special about him. I regained my wits and replied back.



“I think you’re the retard here. First of all, I beat YOU up, not the other way around. Second of all, where would you get an axe from? We don’t got any and I know you didn’t bring one either. Third, I felt SORRY for your ass so I let you stay here. You are actually in a more dangerous environment than I am.”



We were both silent after that. I hope that showed him his place around here. Outside of school, away from his buddies, and somewhat injured, he was no threat to me.



“I was just saying, dude...”



~~~



Later in the evening, I cooked us dinner, which he thanked me for, and we resolved to watching movies for the rest of the night. The entire time, talking was kept to a minimum. I don’t think we really even looked at each other all that much. Not that I was surprised by that or anything.



It wasn’t until eleven that I decided that we better get to bed. It was still a school night after all. I told Anthony that he should make himself comfy on the couch because that’s where he was sleeping that night. I didn’t think he would want to sleep in my sister’s room, there was NO WAY that he was sleeping in my room, and I didn’t want him getting the master bedroom while I didn’t. I wasn’t going to be THAT generous. I closed all the drapes and turned off all the lights and went to my room.



I woke up, for some reason, later that night. I checked the clock and it read 4:37AM. Damn, it was really early. The storm was still going on, but seemed to be dying down a little. I went downstairs to check on Anthony and see if he managed to pilfer anything from the room. He was still sleeping when I got there, but I noticed that the drapes were open again. Also, the bathroom light was on in the hallway. It took me a few minutes to digest this, but then I figured it out in a moment of epiphany. Anthony was still afraid of the dark! I couldn’t help but to form the hugest grin I’ve ever made on my face. I was really getting a sense of pleasure knowing that even Anthony had some signs of humanity in him.



When I was about to return to my room, I heard Anthony croak out my name.



“Shawn...”



“Yeah, what is it?”



“Come over here. Let’s talk.”



“I think we need to get some sleep right now. Besides, we’ve already talked tonight. We’ll do it in the morning.”



“No, we need to do it now, before I change my mind.”



Change his mind? Well, that certainly had my interest so I walked over to where he was now sitting upright.



“So...what do you want to talk about?”



He just sat there, silently. It was like he was contemplating whether or not to tell me what he wanted to tell me. He finally turned his head and looked at me.



“I’m sorry for what I said this afternoon. About going after you with an axe. And, I’m also sorry for attacking you, too. I was just...I never had anybody talk back to me. It was so new to me and I think I was shocked, so the first thing that came to mind was to strike back. I mean, not even my mom talks back to me if I speak out at her. I’m so used to getting my way that when you challenged that, I didn’t know what to do. But, I do know that I was being a jerk and deserved it. So, I’m sorry.”



I could tell that he meant every word. It was the way he said it and the way he never looked away from me that convinced me of that. I suddenly saw an opportunity to be able to make him less of a burden to me. I hesitated for a moment, thinking of what I was about to do, but then decided to go through with it anyways.



“Anthony, you DID deserve it. And I’m glad that you apologized for it, but you do have to realize something. The world does NOT revolve around you. You will not always get what you want. And being mean to people because of it is no way for you to vent that out. Calling them names, hurting them, or in any other way torturing them will not solve anything either.”



“Stop acting like I’m five years old! I know all that. You don’t understand. I don’t do what I do just for the fun of it. I don’t do it out of anger.”



“Then why do you do it?”



“It’s too complicated. It’s late. Let’s just get some sleep.”



“No, Anthony. If we don’t talk about this now, then we might not be able to again.”



“What is this, Oprah? I don’t need to talk to you about my feelings or whatever. I don’t need any help, so just lay off and go to bed!”



Well, I could see that talking wasn’t going to get us anywhere tonight, so I just walked back to my room and went back to sleep. No reason to talk to a brick wall. Besides, wasn’t it his idea to talk in the first place? What was he trying to accomplish there then?



When I woke up again, it was morning and the storm had stopped. I walked downstairs, expecting to see Anthony, but instead found no trace of him anywhere. Even his tools were gone. In the kitchen was a note.



Shawn:



Left early. Can’t be seen with a faggot like you. Feeling better. Thanks for letting me stay. -Anthony



What the hell is this!? Can’t be seen with me? A faggot? He was still calling me that? I guess our “talk” didn’t mean that much to him. Apparently, he hadn’t changed at all! Maybe I should’ve let him stand outside in the cold to die. It would’ve been more productive than last night. What a freaking bastard!



I decided to see how he’d react around me at school. I couldn’t have been more stupid. He seemed even more obnoxious than usual! And I thought that was almost an impossible feat! He also seemed to like taking the advantage of pointing out how much time I had to spend with him each day, making it seem like I had personally chosen most of my classes to be the same as his! As if! I would never do that, considering how badly he treats me.



I thought about telling everybody about how he spent the night with me, but couldn’t think of how to make it work right. First of all, nobody would even listen to me. Also, Anthony is a good liar, as I can see clearly with his duo personality, and could easily deny it outright or play it off as if I had invited him over for sex. No, my plan would fail before it could even get its feet off the ground.



The sad part is that I knew that he would have to come over and paint the walls today. Wait a minute, he never did yesterday! My mom would NEVER hire someone who doesn’t do their job! I could tell her this, and she would fire him immediately! Lie all he wants, my mom is the one person who would believe in me.



When I got home, I was relieved to see that Anthony wasn’t there already. He wouldn’t be able to set up a lie with my mom before I got there. I walked in and found my mom on the telephone. She hung up and looked at me. I started talking first.



“Mom, about that painter guy...”



“Yes I know, Shawn. He just called and apologized for not getting to work yesterday. I had no idea that he was in your grade, son. He said that he was so surprised to see you here, that you two talked for hours and he forgot all about work. He says that he won’t charge us for yesterday and to consider today to be his beginning date.”



I was too stunned to speak. He had already called my mom and told her his lie. Not only that, but it seemed like he had won her heart over as well. Mom knows that I don’t have any friends and hearing him saying that I was talking to somebody must’ve done wonders to her. Being as optimistic as she is, if I try to explain the truth to her now, she’ll just brush it off as me being mean to my new “friend.” I was trapped and both me and Anthony knew it. I heard the doorbell ring and my mom went to answer it.



“Oh hi.” I heard her say. “You must be Anthony. Come in. I forgive you for being friendly with my son the other day. He gets kind of lonely staying here all day.”



WHAT?!? He was SO not being friendly with me yesterday! And where does my mom get me being lonely here all the time!? I may BE alone a lot, but I am NEVER lonely! I just wanted to scream at her ‘til my face turned blue right about then.



“Oh it’s no problem.” I heard Anthony reply. “I’m glad I could help.”



This was getting to be too much. I couldn’t take anymore so I stomped to my room. Unfortunately, this involved cutting right past them, and my mom called my name.



“Shawn, why don’t you show Anthony where to start?” she said in a stern, “friendly-but-do-as-I-say,” voice.



“Show him yourself. I’m not feeling good. I’m going to my room.” I spat back at them both, climbing the stairs.



“Shawn Christopher Adams, you come right back here and apologize to Anthony!” my mom tried to threaten me.



“Bite me, bitch,” was my acidy reply before I slammed my door shut and made sure it was locked.

As original creator, I own rights to these characters and this story. Any actual products in the story I do not own, and belong to whomever actually owns them. Replication of this story is prohibited. Any characters resembling real people, living or not, is coincidental. No copyright infringement is intended. This story is rated M for mature themes, so if you are not allowed (or do not wish) to see such material, then please go back now. You have been warned.
  • Like 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 06/16/2011 07:39 AM, phx said:
woah fiesty
Chapter 3, huh? If you think THAT'S fiesty, you ain't seen nothing yet!
Link to comment

They clearly need more time together before getting their happy ever after :*) and Shawn needs to learn to treat his mother better and leave all the backtalk to Anthony :P

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..