Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Post 49 early?

Thanks to my wonderful team, I'm in a position to make an offer: to post chapter 49 of Circumnavigation early.

Would that help? :)

It's almost ready (I'm formatting it into HTML now).

In return, all I ask is that the forum posters here aree that 48 wasn't a cliffhanger, becuase we all know I'd never write a cliffhanger, right? :) As soon as we're in agreement, I'll post chapter 49, "The Question". :)

See? I'm not evil. 0:)

Thanks to my wonderful team, I'm in a position to make an offer: to post chapter 49 of Circumnavigation early.

Would that help? :)

It's almost ready (I'm formatting it into HTML now).

In return, all I ask is that the forum posters here aree that 48 wasn't a cliffhanger, becuase we all know I'd never write a cliffhanger, right? :) As soon as we're in agreement, I'll post chapter 49, "The Question". :)

See? I'm not evil. 0:)

B)......................................... Oh, we are all in agreement alright!! 0:)

• Site Administrator

Okay, let me get this right....

According to the rules:

<LI>Harassment... Harassment will not be tolerated. Harassing posts will be removed and the member responsible will be subject to disciplinary action as deemed appropriate by site management.
  • Harassment includes but is not limited to:
    • (1)Posts insulting, attacking, threatening, or denigrating other members are not allowed. Though we realize that discussions can get intense, we have zero tolerance for taking any communication to an insulting level. For instance, the use of terms such as "idiot, moron, stupid," and other derogatory terms constitutes harassment.

So I would guess that threatening is much the same as blackmail :o . So the treat that you will not post early unless you get a bye on this chapter for not being a cliffhanger is in violation of the rules :lol:

Where is a Mod or Admin when you really need one :P

I think in fairness of the readership, you should post then next chapter and not remove yourself from the title you so rightfully deserve :D

(Please note that this CJ''s personal forum, therefore he is subject to this :P )

Now if that doesn't work on you Mr. Goat, then how bout one person say that they won't vote for you as the King of Evil Cliffhangers and the rest of us just not say if we will or won't. Then the majority (all one of them) will have spoken :)

Okay, let me get this right....

According to the rules:

So I would guess that threatening is much the same as blackmail :o . So the treat that you will not post early unless you get a bye on this chapter for not being a cliffhanger is in violation of the rules :lol:

I think in fairness of the readership, you should post then next chapter and not remove yourself from the title you so rightfully deserve :D

(Please note that this CJ''s personal forum, therefore he is subject to this :P )

Now if that doesn't work on you Mr. Goat, then how bout one person say that they won't vote for you as the King of Evil Cliffhangers and the rest of us just not say if we will or won't. Then the majority (all one of them) will have spoken :)

ACK! :blink:

But... but... but... it's not blackmail! I'm offering to post chapter 49 early! Out of the goodness of my heart... And all I ask in return is for a few members to agree that there was no cliffhanger. :blink: :blink:

So far, we have Hoskins and Benji agreeing. I'll make this very easy: if just four more members agree that there was no cliffhanger, I'll post chapter 49 of Circumnavigation immediately. AND, to sweeten the deal, if this occurs, chapter 50 will post on midnight Monday, resuming our regular weekly posting schedule a chapter ahead. :read:

Now, how could anyone complain at an offer like that? :)

Oh, and Wildone... your vote would get us 25% of the way there. How about it? :2hands:

ACK! :blink:

But... but... but... it's not blackmail! I'm offering to post chapter 49 early! Out of the goodness of my heart... And all I ask in return is for a few members to agree that there was no cliffhanger. :blink: :blink:

So far, we have Hoskins and Benji agreeing. I'll make this very easy: if just four more members agree that there was no cliffhanger, I'll post chapter 49 of Circumnavigation immediately. AND, to sweeten the deal, if this occurs, chapter 50 will post on midnight Monday, resuming our regular weekly posting schedule a chapter ahead. :read:

Now, how could anyone complain at an offer like that? :)

Oh, and Wildone... your vote would get us 25% of the way there. How about it? :2hands:

B).........Hahaha! It is almost 11pm here, I'll be up but others are now sound asleep :( Btw, I do see Trevor making it to a fallen tree, resting and unsecuring the weighted belt using the unsharp buckles to cut the rope.

"Now, how could anyone complain at an offer like that? :)"

I knew it - you're an insurance salesman!

Grumble, grumble MANIPULATING!!

Mutter, mutter TRICKSY!!

Whine, whine CLEVER WAY WITH WORDS!!

Hmmmmmmphh WELL MAYBE NOT COMPLETELY EVIL - JUST MOSTLY!!:angry:

All right then!!!

I knew it - you're an insurance salesman!

Grumble, grumble MANIPULATING!!

Mutter, mutter TRICKSY!!

Whine, whine CLEVER WAY WITH WORDS!!

Hmmmmmmphh WELL MAYBE NOT COMPLETELY EVIL - JUST MOSTLY!!:angry:

All right then!!!

0:).........Flipper forgets to add that he saw no cliffs in the last chapter, only dark waters!! B)

• Site Administrator

CJ has requested I step in and put on my moderator hat to adjudicate. 0:) Which says something about the level of intelligence of our goat friend :mace:

Firstly, this is not blackmail. The chapter is not being withheld, and Trevor is not being slowly drowned while we wait (quickly drowned, maybe, but definitely not slowly). So, as a long term moderator of this site, I have to declare that I don't believe this is blackmail. If he threatened to not post the next chapter at all, that would be a different matter, but all he's doing is offering a bonus if people are nice to him and lie....

BUT ... (you all knew there was going to be a but, didn't you :P)

Closer examination of the site rules reveals the following:

• Disruption of the Site… Posts or other behavior, which either is intended to, or has the effect of, disrupting the forums, the site, or the GA community, will not be tolerated.
    • Disruptive activity includes, but is not limited to:
      • (1) posts that disrupt the topic of conversation or steer the discussion away from the focus of the topic,
      • (2) multiple posting of the same post,
      • (3) posting completely off topic messages,
      • (4) messages constantly posted in the wrong forum,
      • (5) messages posted in all-caps,
      • (6) harassment of any member,
      • (7) deliberate misrepresentation of another person's position,
      • (8 ) compromising the privacy of any member,
      • (9) inappropriate behavior towards any minor, and
      • (10) any other behavior that in the view of GA management is disruptive of the site or poses a danger to any member or author.

Disruptive posts will be removed at the site management's discretion,and the member responsible will be subject to disciplinary action. Disruptive behavior will be dealt with as deemed appropriate by site management.

Given the outrage that has been expressed, I think chapter 48 is clearly in breach of the site rules by being very disruptive in this forum. In particular, some members are feeling extremely distressed and this could pose a danger for some of those members.

However, rather than having the chapter removed, I think the appropriate penalty would be an early posting of the next chapter. If C James does not do so, he should be subject to more stringent penalties... and I'm happy to hear suggestions from the members who have been suffering as a consequence of this disruptive behaviour.

In the interest of fairness, though, I'd like to hear what others think. Has chapter 48 broken the site rules by being extremely disruptive? What do you think? Would requiring an early posting of chapter 49 be a suitable punishment, or should other punishments also apply?

Over to you :D

PS: I was wondering if we should lobby to have item (10) above changed to add "character" to the pose danger part? That way we'll have even better grounds for claims of disruption if he places any of the characters in danger.

Edited by Graeme

CJ has requested I step in and put on my moderator hat to adjudicate. 0:) Which says something about the level of intelligence of our goat friend :mace:

Firstly, this is not blackmail. The chapter is not being withheld, and Trevor is not being slowly drowned while we wait (quickly drowned, maybe, but definitely not slowly). So, as a long term moderator of this site, I have to declare that I don't believe this is blackmail. If he threatened to not post the next chapter at all, that would be a different matter, but all he's doing is offering a bonus if people are nice to him and lie....

Given the outrage that has been expressed, I think chapter 48 is clearly in breach of the site rules by being very disruptive in this forum. In particular, some members are feeling extremely distressed and this could pose a danger for some of those members.

However, rather than having the chapter removed, I think the appropriate penalty would be an early posting of the next chapter. If C James does not do so, he should be subject to more stringent penalties... and I'm happy to hear suggestions from the members who have been suffering as a consequence of this disruptive behaviour.

In the interest of fairness, though, I'd like to hear what others think. Has chapter 48 broken the site rules by being extremely disruptive? What do you think? Would requiring an early posting of chapter 49 be a suitable punishment, or should other punishments also apply?

PS: I was wondering if we should lobby to have item (10) above changed to add "character" to the pose danger part? That way we'll have even better grounds for claims of disruption if he places any of the characters in danger.

:lmao:...........ROFLMAO!!!!

Yipes!!!

Ummm.. but, ummmm... How could a minor nautical difficulty, resulting in a perhaps-ever-so-slightly-tense chapter ending (which admittedly includes a mystery, such as whether Trevor lives or dies) be a disruption?? Surely that's not my fault!

If it's anyone's fault, wouldn't that be Ali? He's the one who threw Trevor overboard, not me! :blink:

Ummm, Graeme, only two little problems... your way of getting chapter 49 would take much longer than getting just two more people to add posts to this thread, declaring 48 cliffhanger-free. (okay, that's one, and I cannot count...)

I see no cliffs in the deep, dark water.

That makes four! Thanks Jan!!!

BTW, to Flipper: See? that's wasn't so hard, now was it? 0:)

Okay, only two declarations of 48 being cliffhanger-free to go, and we'll get chapter 49 posted! :read:

:sheep:

"PS: I was wondering if we should lobby to have item (10) above changed to add "character" to the pose danger part? That way we'll have even better grounds for claims of disruption if he places any of the characters in danger. "

Bad idea - we need our cheap thrills:D

"In the interest of fairness, though, I'd like to hear what others think. Has chapter 48 broken the site rules by being extremely disruptive? What do you think? Would requiring an early posting of chapter 49 be a suitable punishment, or should other punishments also apply?"

Good idea - Billy Goats have beards right? Off with the beard!!:2hands:

Edited by Flipper

Sure I like to read 49 early!!

48 was a mystery - its hard to tell sometimes between a mystery and a cliff hanger

If Trevor knows about the quick release he should have just twirl that belt around

He was in panic and struggle ... so one can hope that somehow that quick release was hit.

In the old days the cliffhangers was a major character in peril with a band saw going to cut them and the bad guy watching ... with a lot of question "will..." that was superman and batman.

add mystery ... they seem to make that fine line hard to determine

I forgot if skooby doo had cliff hangers

thats be tuff on the kids

ANYBODY posting this chapter doesn't have a cliffie is lying thru their fingers!

My first pass on reading chapter 48, I sent this to the goat:

OH MY GOD! YOU are so going to get killed for chapter 48!

No dispute: CJ is the Cliffie King

• Site Administrator

Nope, don't see any cliffs here, nor any way to hang em.

Cool...

B).............Yep, no cliffs just dark water!! 0:)

All right then!!!:angry:

I see no cliffs in the deep, dark water.

I did state in the chapter 48 thread that this wasn't a cliff hanger. If my impartiality is not to be discussed, of course.

Uhm I didn't see any cliffs just a lot of dark water.

:D

BTW Graeme, I'm in 100% agreement about CJ disrupting the whole site. Even so much so that he has people signing up to post about his recent behavior :P If I were a Moderator 0:) , I would definitely make him post 49 by tonight :D or face severe and harsh punishment like tying a weight belt around him and taking him out to the middle of the Indian Ocean and seeing how he fares?

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..