Celebrating Anything?

Bah, so predictable, bloody Gold Coast.

I know most see Perth as boring, at least it has natural beauty on it's side, that's gotta count for something right? :blink:

In fact that basically sums up the entire state, at least the Red Bull Air Race organizers find us interesting enough :D

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Administrator
Bah, so predictable, bloody Gold Coast.

They haven't been there yet -- we've spent our holidays, to date, on the Sunshine coast. They've only seen the theme parks on TV and from others at school have told them.

I know most see Perth as boring, at least it has natural beauty on it's side, that's gotta count for something right? :blink:

In fact that basically sums up the entire state, at least the Red Bull Air Race organizers find us interesting enough :D

Perth is no more boring than any other big city. My memories are old, but Kings Park(?) is supposed to be great, and the areas around Perth are excellent. I can remember spending a week at Esperance when I was a lot younger (my dad drove everyone across the country on an extended Christmas holiday one year), and other parts of the SW from that trip. My wife wants to go to Monkey Mia at some point, though I'm afraid that it might be getting too popular and will scare off the dolphins.

Kings Park is excellent, great view of the Perth skyline (what little there is of it), the Darling Ranges in the background and the Swan River.

Gold Coast is predictable but still would have to class it as a must- see thing.

And you are quite right about Monkey Mia, gains in popularity every year, can't be good for the dolphins.

I think Perth is probably no more boring than Adelaide, but that's about it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm celebrating world aids day. I'm celebrating an old Lady I know that puts on picknicks for children that have aids

(and all to myself I celebrate that I CAN already celebrate world aids day, even though technically, today is still yesterday, but my laptop tells me tomorrow is today because he's still on German time, so I'll just celebrate with him.)

• 97/103 on my Optics exam
  • getting another chance to pick up my Physics III exam grade

:D

Ugh...I hated optics. The only physics course I liked less was stat mech; that nearly killed me.

But, I am celebrating my upcoming trip to NYC. I have decided, since I live alone and have no family to speak of, that Christmas is going to be spent living it up in the city that never sleeps. I've always wanted to see the stores at Christmas and go to Broadway, so that's what I'm doing. And the shopping...*faints*

Menzo

And the shopping...*faints*

Does this mean you're going to be eating tuna from January - June? :wacko:

:lol:

Sounds like a lot of fun! Now that the stagehands strike is over, you'll probably have lots of choices on Broadway.

I haven't broken it yet to my family that I won't be going to Chicago for Xmas.

Edited by NaperVic
Ugh...I hated optics. The only physics course I liked less was stat mech; that nearly killed me.

I'll be taking Statics, Computational Mechanics, and Nonlinear Systems next semester... supposedly Statics won't be so bad since I already went through the hell that is Mechanics of Materials. :ph34r:

• Site Administrator

I'm celebrating being back online (at least for a short time). My laptop died this morning which meant I had to go to the office to work instead of working from home (my original idea).

Happy Uranian Equonox! Uranus takes several decades to complete an orbit...and who doesn't like a planet with a name like Uranus. :D

To anyone who is taking a statistical mechanics class, I feel your pain! I had to take that class at one point. It's the nastiest part of physics to ever see the light of day. At least it was for me.

• 5 weeks later...

Why thankyou, are you in a similar position, or perhaps WERE you? I have no doubt India is completely different with the education system than here but 17 would have to be a fairly mutual age?

Why thankyou, are you in a similar position, or perhaps WERE you? I have no doubt India is completely different with the education system than here but 17 would have to be a fairly mutual age?

I still have a year before I enter college for my undergrads (Bachelors)

I will pretend I know what that means :)

Oh..I'm also celebrating Australia's great win over India yesterday, thus retaining the Border-Gavaskar trophy and equalling the world record of 16 consecutive Test wins...