Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Since CJ is away....

I don't do all the birthdays; just the members that I know or have had some interaction with over the last year or so. I've been doing that for months.

being to compete on number of posts or not, talking for me, the birthday post is something really nice. It always feels nice to be under the spotlight even if it's for only a day

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Administrator

Not sure if I'll get online tomorrow, so here is the Saturday Goat Joke.

Little Johnny's goat accidentally got hit by a car, and unfortunately died. Mom and Dad tried their best to console their young son.

"You know Johnny, its not your fault that your goat died. It was just fate."

But little Johnny would have none of it.

So in a last grasp attempt, Johnny's Dad said "He's probably up there in heaven right now with God. He'll be happy there. So you don't have to feel bad anymore."

Little Johnny asks "What would God want with a dead goat?"

:D

Steve

• Site Administrator

Something just occured to me.

Do you think we can go 100 posts in a thread in CJ's Forum without a single post from the lurker :ph34r: himself?

Steve

Do you think we can go 100 posts in a thread in CJ's Forum without a single post from the lurker :ph34r: himself?

Nice challenge. It seems we're up to it. We'd better hurry before he manages to get 3 minutes of wireless connection at some point in his holiday.

• Site Administrator

We're not too far off completing the challenge, either. Less then 20 posts to go before we reach 100 :)

Sorry I haven't posted a lot today. This is for two reasons. The first is that it's Saturday here and I've spent a lot of time on family things, and not being online.

The second, more serious, reason is that I received word that an online friend has been admitted to hospital, and it is not certain he'll be leaving alive... :(

Codey, from Codey's World is someone I got to know a couple of years ago. His immediate family was killed in a car accident a number of years ago that left him in a wheelchair and with chronic health problems. I received an email today that he was back in hospital in a critical situation. I'm sorry to bring a serious note to this thread, but Codey is a good friend of mind and this has been bothering me all day.

I just feel so helpless here in Australia....

It is impossible to compete with CJ on the number of posts. I conceded that a long time ago. :P

That is sooo true, Graeme... :)

I don't do all the birthdays; just the members that I know or have had some interaction with over the last year or so. I've been doing that for months. :)

That is my job!! :P But due to my PC problems, I have been able to do neither--> Welcoming and celebrating B'Days... Sigh...

Congratulations! :great:

Yeah...Congrats...

• Site Moderator

Graeme, your post numbers may increase while the goat is gone. But when he gets the chance, look out, his numbers are going to jump.

That is my job!! tongue.gif But due to my PC problems, I have been able to do neither--> Welcoming and celebrating B'Days... Sigh...

Occasionally, some of us get to beat you to it.

Jan

• Site Moderator
Codey, from Codey's World is someone I got to know a couple of years ago.

I too met up with Codey around the same time as Graeme. Codey is part of The Collision Crew. My thoughts go out to Codey, Tim (his partner) and to both families.

Jan

• Site Administrator

Another day.... though an hour later than normal. Somehow, all the clocks in the house went forward by an hour during the night. There's something strange going on -- could it be an early Halloween, or just the government getting involved in temporal politics? :read:

It's very windy here. One of the trees near the house fell over about thirty minutes ago, so I'll be out later today chopping it up so we can move it. It's certainly turning out to be an interesting weekend. :boy:

• Site Administrator
Another day.... though an hour later than normal. Somehow, all the clocks in the house went forward by an hour during the night. There's something strange going on -- could it be an early Halloween, or just the government getting involved in temporal politics? :read:

It's very windy here. One of the trees near the house fell over about thirty minutes ago, so I'll be out later today chopping it up so we can move it. It's certainly turning out to be an interesting weekend. :boy:

Hmmmm, if the tree fell over 30 mins ago, and the clocks mysteriously moved ahead an hour, this should mean you have a half hour to prevent it from happening :D .

Maybe your life has become a dkstories Story B) .

Steve

Edited by wildone
  • Site Administrator
Hmmmm, if the tree fell over 30 mins ago, and the clocks mysteriously moved ahead an hour, this should mean you have a half hour to prevent it from happening :D .

Alas, the clocks moved forward during the night, so it's too late. Instead, I've been doing something that many people would consider obscene, disgusting behaviour -- manual labour. I've finished chopping up the tree and putting it on the pile, ready for our next bonfire. So I'm now recovering....

thought i'd contribute my lurker 2 cents to the thread :P

yeah, its definitely windy in melby, my poor little car on the freeway going at maybe a little over the speed limit was being bashed by the wind, felt like i was in my friend's car *ducks and hides in case she's reading this*

must be universal! my clocks mysterious changed too! i lost an hour of sleep!

lots of huggles to graeme and codey, i've had alot of similar experiences with my friends overseas who have had to go to hospital, minor or major emergencies, its very heartwrenching and stressful to be totally helpless and so far away.

its sunday, why are u up so early graeme! must have been u adjusting all our clocks! admit it! evil echidna!

anyway i better get back to work....boooooo

• Site Administrator
its sunday, why are u up so early graeme! must have been u adjusting all our clocks! admit it! evil echidna!

I have a young son who seems to think that 6am is a reasonable time to get up.... enough said :P

Could it be DayLight Savings Time?

anyway... a non-goat joke (as told by a 12 year old!):

A boy and a girl have had lunch together every school day since kindergarten. They always have chicken salad sandwiches. Then one day in middle school the girl comes in with a peanut butter sandwich.

The boy asks her why she's not having chicken salad.

She blushes slightly and informs him that she could not have chicken salad any more because she's begun to grow feathers.

The school year passes and one day the boy comes in with a peanut butter sandwich.

The girl smiles at him. He blushes and tells her he has begun to grow feathers too.

She wants to see, so they arrange to meet later to have a look.

When they get together she agrees to let him see her feathers first, then she takes a look at his.

She gasps and punches him in the arm, exclaiming: "You got the gizzard and liver too!"

• Site Administrator
Could it be DayLight Savings Time?

You know, you just might be right. :worship:

anyway... a non-goat joke (as told by a 12 year old!):

A boy and a girl have had lunch together every school day since kindergarten. They always have chicken salad sandwiches. Then one day in middle school the girl comes in with a peanut butter sandwich.

The boy asks her why she's not having chicken salad.

She blushes slightly and informs him that she could not have chicken salad any more because she's begun to grow feathers.

The school year passes and one day the boy comes in with a peanut butter sandwich.

The girl smiles at him. He blushes and tells her he has begun to grow feathers too.

She wants to see, so they arrange to meet later to have a look.

When they get together she agrees to let him see her feathers first, then she takes a look at his.

She gasps and punches him in the arm, exclaiming: "You got the gizzard and liver too!"

Nice :D

must be universal! my clocks mysterious changed too! i lost an hour of sleep!

Not universal. In the US we get another week of Daylight Savings Time; then we get an extra hour of sleep. Looking forward to that.

The Red Sox lead the Rockies 3 games to zip; final game tomorrow night. All's well. Goodnight.

Edited by MikeL
  • Site Administrator

Okay, here is post #99....

A rancher named Clyde, has a car accident. In court, the trucking company's fancy lawyer was questioning Clyde. "Didn't you say at the scene of the accident 'I'm fine.'"

Clyde responded, "Well, I'll tell you what happened. I had just loaded my favourite goat Bessie in to the..."

"I didn't ask for any details!", interrupted the lawyer. "Just answer the question. Did you not say at the scene of the accident 'I'm fine'"?

Clyde said, "Well, I had just got Bessie into the trailer and I was driving down the road... "The lawyer interrupted again and said, "Judge, I am trying to establish the fact that, at the scene of the accident, this man told the Highway Patrolman on the scene that he was just fine. Now several weeks after the accident he is trying to sue my client. I believe he is a fraud. Please tell him to simply answer the question"

By this time, the Judge was fairly interested in Clyde's answer and said to the lawyer, "I'd like to hear what he has to say about his favorite goat, Bessie."

Clyde thanked the Judge and proceeded, "Well as I was saying, I had just loaded Bessie, my favorite goat, into the trailer and was driving her down the highway when this huge semi-truck and trailer ran the stop sign and smacked my truck right in the side. I was thrown into one ditch and Bessie was thrown into the other. I was hurting, real bad and didn't want to move. However, I could hear ole Bessie moaning and groaning. I knew she was in terrible shape just by her groans. Shortly after the accident a Highway Patrolman came on the scene. He could hear Bessie moaning and groaning so he went over to her. After he looked at her, he took out his gun and shot her between the eyes. Then the Patrolman came across the road, gun in hand, looked at me, and said "How are you feeling?"

"Now what the hell would you say?"

Now, CJ you lurker you, where are you???? Please don't disappoint us with not getting in the first 100 posts :D .

Your lurker :ph34r: status may be up for dispute soon.

Steve B)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..